Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205550 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#66507 Dec 21, 2012
blekko zobot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jame Bond 007;) England Bond? Bank of ESL...Gods of UK...God or English or Bi-ble Do-able IS OVER!!! see this one!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KdHUQtnJsyQXX
Area 52 wil get UKing;-000
Is it just me - or does everyone lese find this literally meaningless gibberish? As for clicking on links from dodgy grey box sources - no chance!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66508 Dec 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage of what? Axes and skulls?
Until the Saxons rebelled against the royals, I doubt they married any of their enemies..... and they rebelled because they didn't get paid, not because they wanted to marry Pict gals.
Are you saying that the Pict girls are less( un) attractive?
That used to happen then and even now. Think.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66509 Dec 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage of what? Axes and skulls?
Until the Saxons rebelled against the royals, I doubt they married any of their enemies..... and they rebelled because they didn't get paid, not because they wanted to marry Pict gals.
Some of the spoils of wars includes forced marriages, slaves, booties and the likes. Think.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66510 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK IT UP
Squanto, documented, look it up
Mayflower passenger list – documented look it up
As usual, Just because you don’t like it had feck all to do with fact
That is a made up story whether documented or not.
The English who are from England brought the English language to the Americas( North America).

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#66511 Dec 21, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it just me - or does everyone lese find this literally meaningless gibberish? As for clicking on links from dodgy grey box sources - no chance!
The link is to a trailer for the movie Paul.

And, yes, it is meaningless gibberish.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66512 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard of Gunpoint. From what I have seen in the media, there is a lot of crime there. Numerous people have been robbed at Gunpoint. I would think that tourism would be off there, but for different reasons.
There are some commercial opportunities though like....."my parents were held at gunpoint and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" for example...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66513 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Are you now saying that the founding fathers in America are really not the true Americans, but only the native Americans?
The word "American" has multiple meanings. The correct meaning depends on the context.

1. It can mean an American Indian from either North America or South America.

2. It can mean someone who was born in or who is living in North America or South America.

3. It can mean a citizen of the United States.

The native Americans were Americans under the first meaning and under the second meaning.

The Founders were Americans under the second meaning and, after the creation of the United States, under the third meaning.
Charles Idemi wrote:
I hope you understand your errors.
Yes, I understand that you keep making an error when you confuse "English people" with "English language".

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66514 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
The English people are the people of England and their language is the English language.
Tell that to someone in England who doesn't speak English but who instead uses British Sign Language.

I'm pretty sure that those people are English, too.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66515 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
My only error was the spelling and the use of the Netherlands.
So you admit that I was right when I pointed out your misspelling of Jutland and your inappropriate use of the Netherlands.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You are always wrong.
But you just said that I was right about pointing out your errors.

Which is it?

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#66516 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well if no life on Earth survived Genesis, then what are we?
Plate tectonics occurred over millions of years. Good luck trying to fit that in the Bible so it makes sense. Bahahahaha!
Plate tectonics is actually described in the bible. I wont tell you where, find it for yourself by actually READING the bible.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66517 Dec 21, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
SUCTION.....keep sucking. I am a creationist. You allow your small little life to go as if there is no higher authority. You are a freakshow who will die inside your lifespan..........make the very most of it. Then off to death and get someone to spread your ashes....or into the household garbage. You are a freakshow of nature.
Another day, another christian spreading the love around..........

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#66518 Dec 21, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Plate tectonics is actually described in the bible. I wont tell you where, find it for yourself by actually READING the bible.


Ah! The old "For me to know and you to find out" routine. Very mature.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66519 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is a made up story whether documented or not.
The English who are from England brought the English language to the Americas( North America).
So anything that you don't want to hear about is "made up" regardless of documentation or proof???? Pretty convenient, and who will decide what is made up and what is "real"???Who'll be that authority, you Charles??I don't think so, it was only yesterday I managed to convince you that "the Jutes" were a bavarian skiffle band who taught George Harrison to play sitar, so no, you wouldn't have the skills, awareness or just plain smarts to be that person. How about taking some time off from posting and speak to a student or a faculty member at your local college in the language dept.?????You might even learn something.........

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#66520 Dec 21, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! The old "For me to know and you to find out" routine. Very mature.
I want to have you guys actually READ IT.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#66521 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>So anything that you don't want to hear about is "made up" regardless of documentation or proof???? Pretty convenient, and who will decide what is made up and what is "real"???Who'll be that authority, you Charles??I don't think so, it was only yesterday I managed to convince you that "the Jutes" were a bavarian skiffle band who taught George Harrison to play sitar, so no, you wouldn't have the skills, awareness or just plain smarts to be that person. How about taking some time off from posting and speak to a student or a faculty member at your local college in the language dept.?????You might even learn something.........
Careful L, you're using logic! You know how that, along with accurate facts, confuses poor ole Charlie.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#66522 Dec 21, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to have you guys actually READ IT.
Didn't need to read it.

"Answers in Genesis" has their sordid, delusional spin on the real science of plate techtonics. I'll read THAT if I have the time (and stomach) to wade through this pile of excrement.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66523 Dec 21, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful L, you're using logic! You know how that, along with accurate facts, confuses poor ole Charlie.
That's the tactic, I confuse him and then your boys in the Pirates throw him in the scrum.......

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#66524 Dec 21, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to have you guys actually READ IT.
What makes you think 'us guys' haven't?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#66525 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>That's the tactic, I confuse him and then your boys in the Pirates throw him in the scrum.......
Lol - great thought, I'm chuckling over that one!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#66526 Dec 21, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't need to read it.
"Answers in Genesis" has their sordid, delusional spin on the real science of plate techtonics. I'll read THAT if I have the time (and stomach) to wade through this pile of excrement.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...
You know, I had to go take a peek at that. The first article is by Andrew Snelling. Found this tid-bit on him:

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/realsnel...

Pretty funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min eleanorigby 60,032
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 12 min oddie 20,032
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 21 min P Ness 39
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 33 min Beautiful Black M... 8,873
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 38 min Sublime1 33,389
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 46 min Parden Pard 44,708
News Police Hunt For Armed, Naked Candy Bandit 56 min Spotted Girl 2
2words into 2new words (May '12) 3 hr Poppyann 3,932
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr anti-love 197,863
More from around the web