Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#66494 Dec 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I beg you, do you really think that makes more sense than the miracle of the creation?
Considering we have fossil evidence, yes.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If we can't believe that our Creator is able to cause things to come into existence fully formed, then we will never understand the miracle of creation.
You don't understand it anyway. That's why we've been asking for years for the "scientific theory" of creationism and never got an answer.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#66495 Dec 21, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
I left, somewhat frustrated with the lack of progress of anyone convincing anyone else of anything.
Don't hold out much hope. Many fundies have been here for years and not learned a thing. Fundies don't wanna learn. And I don't care about convincing them as they are beyond help. So all I do is demonstrate where they go wrong and let others decide for themselves.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#66496 Dec 21, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I will be considered an independent thinker. But I am certainly of evo persuasion at the moment. Still I am open minded. My position is really only the sum total of all the evidence I have seen to date. Insults seem mostly unnecessary as far as I can see. I am curious how it gets to that however. Aside from some good humoured jokes, I generally have a distaste for insults.
We don't tend to worry about insults. They insult us, we insult them, no-one remembers who started it... it's kinda like real world wars but on the internet. But since it's only words we learn to grow a thick skin.

Fundie call me dunderhead? Meh.(shrug)
FREE SERVANT
#66497 Dec 21, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering we have fossil evidence, yes.
<quoted text>
You don't understand it anyway. That's why we've been asking for years for the "scientific theory" of creationism and never got an answer.
OH, I fully understand it, but I don't expect there will ever be a scientific theory concerning miracles.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#66498 Dec 21, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is not God...it is not good and shouldn't be associated with my God. Choice is not irrelevent when love is the most relevent...every person who's been cheated on must be aware of that.
It's not okay to be offended by the dark lies proclaiming that God is evil? MikeF uses worse tactics to express the same desire does he not?
What's not to worship? Do you enjoy being selfish? Do you enjoy being selfless? Do you want to love to the greatest capacity given to you? Or do you want to quench everyone who tries to love with the spirit of God alive in them?
Worse tactics? Show me where I was wrong.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#66499 Dec 21, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
So may languages.. kind of makes even more modern day sense, when pondering a tower called Babel doesn't it :-).
Never happened.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#66500 Dec 21, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow.........did the egg come before the chicken?
Yes. Long before.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#66501 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have already answered your question(s).
As a result of that, there would be some sort of contacts( in the form of marriage) between the Saxons and the locals( Britons).
Marriage of what? Axes and skulls?

Until the Saxons rebelled against the royals, I doubt they married any of their enemies..... and they rebelled because they didn't get paid, not because they wanted to marry Pict gals.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#66502 Dec 21, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
That fascinating that you've managed to trace your ancestry back that far - I only got to the late eighteenth century with mine and a bod hanged for stealing a sheep!
I can go right back (indirectly, through family names and clan) on my fathers side of the family to the 13th C. Olaf the Black “king of the isles and mann”. Directly to 1532.

My mothers side is even more interesting with direct links to one of the biggest regions of France, relationship to Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the lion hearted granting the family an addition to the family crest and a county in England for help during his crusade.

Alas all gone…

We also have a black sheep in the early 18c hanged as a highwayman.

Level 6

#66503 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your making. You can never bend the truth.
LOOK IT UP

Squanto, documented, look it up

Mayflower passenger list – documented look it up

As usual, Just because you don’t like it had feck all to do with fact

Level 6

#66504 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
You lost in your first sentence.
Just MORE of ridiculous attack junk--typical from types that do so to that they hate or do not comprehend.
Still think you're WRONG on some other of your inane statements as well, because MANY people learn plenty of GOOD things from books like Bible (and the Bible)-daily. Just because YOU choose NOT to, does NOT mean every one else does.
Than GOD-because mean people who just want to be rotten--- suck eggs in book :-).
But do enjoy your rotten eggedness.
Ignored on the grounds that you are a hypocritical gibbering godbot hater with nothing to add to the discussion but inane abstractions and lies.

Level 6

#66505 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
and please keep your rotten egg posts of clueless away from mine, because you just seem like someone who just wants to cause trouble with others, and fight with whomever doesn't agree with your opinions.
I will only ignore them now, rather than to waste time on such nastiness.
Ignored on the grounds that you are a hypocritical gibbering godbot hater with nothing to add to the discussion but inane abstractions and lies.
blekko zobot

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#66506 Dec 21, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Predates it by millions of years.
Jame Bond 007;) England Bond? Bank of ESL...Gods of UK...God or English or Bi-ble Do-able IS OVER!!! see this one!!

Area 52 wil get UKing;-000

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#66507 Dec 21, 2012
blekko zobot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jame Bond 007;) England Bond? Bank of ESL...Gods of UK...God or English or Bi-ble Do-able IS OVER!!! see this one!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KdHUQtnJsyQXX
Area 52 wil get UKing;-000
Is it just me - or does everyone lese find this literally meaningless gibberish? As for clicking on links from dodgy grey box sources - no chance!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66508 Dec 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the Saxons rebelled against the royals, I doubt they married any of their enemies..... and they rebelled because they didn't get paid, not because they wanted to marry Pict gals.
Are you saying that the Pict girls are less( un) attractive?
That used to happen then and even now. Think.

Level 2

Location hidden

#66509 Dec 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the spoils of wars includes forced marriages, slaves, booties and the likes. Think.

Level 2

Location hidden

#66510 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK IT UP
Squanto, documented, look it up
Mayflower passenger list – documented look it up
As usual, Just because you don’t like it had feck all to do with fact
That is a made up story whether documented or not.
The English who are from England brought the English language to the Americas( North America).

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#66511 Dec 21, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it just me - or does everyone lese find this literally meaningless gibberish? As for clicking on links from dodgy grey box sources - no chance!
The link is to a trailer for the movie Paul.

And, yes, it is meaningless gibberish.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66512 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard of Gunpoint. From what I have seen in the media, there is a lot of crime there. Numerous people have been robbed at Gunpoint. I would think that tourism would be off there, but for different reasons.
There are some commercial opportunities though like....."my parents were held at gunpoint and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" for example...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#66513 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Are you now saying that the founding fathers in America are really not the true Americans, but only the native Americans?
The word "American" has multiple meanings. The correct meaning depends on the context.

1. It can mean an American Indian from either North America or South America.

2. It can mean someone who was born in or who is living in North America or South America.

3. It can mean a citizen of the United States.

The native Americans were Americans under the first meaning and under the second meaning.

The Founders were Americans under the second meaning and, after the creation of the United States, under the third meaning.
Charles Idemi wrote:
I hope you understand your errors.
Yes, I understand that you keep making an error when you confuse "English people" with "English language".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 5 min -Papa-Smurf- 18,277
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 6 min all my fault 5,017
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min Hippy Rick 2,310
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min -Papa-Smurf- 20,096
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min all my fault 34,191
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min -Papa-Smurf- 21,849
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 9 min Battle Tested 1,323
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min LIM 71,175
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 2 hr Parden Pard 249
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr all my fault 211,404
A to Z songs by title or group! 5 hr liam cul8r 981
More from around the web