Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
62,021 - 62,040 of 114,410 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you parrotting what you were told on here a couple of weeks ago when you dneied this? You really don't learn. Guess there truly is no cure for stupid.
That statement is met for you. You are stupid.
English language is native to England. They started it, though with some assistance to some European, Asian and African languages. But the language as an entity, is unique to England. This is what some of you can not understand.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse. All languages in the earth( world), have one or more roots from one or more languages, like Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc, having roots from Latin.
So what's your point?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And you come across as some nutcase, with absolutely no clue of whom or what you are attacking.
I could care less what others think-providing they are not HARMING me or those that I love, in ANY way shape or form.
For those otherwise, that do intentionally try to harm others, I only wish their own rotteness back to them via karma and ten fold.
You think that verbal abuse and outright lies does not harm others? Honey you need a psychiatrist

Did I say reasonable? I admit my mistake, you are an ignorant bigoted T\/\/AT

I am not attacking anyone, you are the one that jumped in on my post and interrupted me remember? But hey you are a your bigoted hypocritical christian so that’s ok.

That is your opinion and you are of the opinion that only godbots should have an opinion, more tough sh|t for you to swallow. Because for one, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. And two, I don’t care that you think goddidit, I know there is no god to do it and I can prove that with mathematical, scientific and natural evidence, that is your problem deal with it. Problems like yours is the reason that christianity is in decline and that you are such a hypocritical bigoted moron
<quoted text>
I know plenty that have read it-repeatedly. I also know how many books I've read in my life, too many too remember,(literally) especially word for word . And in my opinion, to read the Bible literally, is NOT the way to read it.
What is your point, or is there even one-aside from just MORE bashing on "Christians and Christianity" in general.
NOT anything I enjoy doing-as stated, I have frennds of many different beliefs and faiths, that's their personal preferences. It's never been a problem or an issue in getting along with them for me.
It does sound like however, it is for you.
Lying for your god does not earn extra get to heaven points, christards do not read the babble cover to cover because what they will find will upset them. The god you worship (one of several mentioned in the bible) is written as a foul tempered, genocidal, child murdering, apologist for rapists, yeah go god.

Your opinion is just that, your opinion. Read it the way it was written, one verse after another, one book after another, it is not your so skip and dance around in time and “interpret” as best suites your personal wishes.

My point is that I have zero tolerance for liars, you lie, I have no patience with you for that reason.

Funnily enough I too have friends, my best friend is the one who consoled me when christians tried to kill me and thousands of others in the Manchester bombing, where my aunt lost her arm from shrapnel. The same friend who consoled me when christians attempted to kill my children is the wife of a BAC minister, she has a master degree in theology and is herself quite high up in the hierarchy of the church.

I personably have more reason to dislike christians than you can imagine but I get along well with those who are not bigoted, lying hypocritical fools like you who “it does sound like” builds their belief from guesses
<quoted text>
No shit. Just don't try and shit on anyone elses with yours. You don't have that right either.
Is the NO SHIT-hypocritical enough for you?
I can keep pace and cuss with the ranks of any good sailor-- if not.
I just sometimes (not all the time) try NOT to because I KNOW how RUDE it can sound.
One of things I have to watch --being one of those "Christian hypocrites" and all.
Cheers!
Public thread! Ever heard of the concept? You come on here spouting you opinion and yet expect only the response you deem suitable and attempt to deny alternative opinion. Honey, the teaching of biblical fascism is long dead, ask Hitler, ask Stalin. Live with it

Your rambling mouth problem may be aspergers, see a doctor

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"c" can be anything?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaah...ye ah, right.
Work it out, go to school, do some math and stop being deliberately ignorant all your life.

Honey I have been shown this by one of the worlds top rated particle physicists. Now whom should I believe? A bunch of godbots with little education and an agenda or a true seeker of wisdom who teaches in Universities around the world and helped design the LHC?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's your point?
My point is that, despite the fact that English had roots from Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, the language is still not the same as the above influential languages.
English is still English just like Latin and every other world languages.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That statement is met for you. You are stupid.
English language is native to England. They started it, though with some assistance to some European, Asian and African languages. But the language as an entity, is unique to England. This is what some of you can not understand.
God help us - Asia and Africa had nothing to do with the language spoken in England - try the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings and Normas. No one
"started it" - it developed largely from German. At least if you are going to parrot others, try to comprehend what they write to you.

As for stupidity - mirror, meet Charles.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
I find great humility in a group of grown men who say I'm afraid of being wrong so I'll just repeat what the Bible says as accurately as possible. Watch what repeating the Bible does for people. You think Christians inhibit learning. How many languages has the bible been translated into. what has motivated many individuals who earlier could care less about literacy to learn to read. It is the Word of God. It's not the missionary....It's the message.
So what is the message? I think a majority of the people know what that message is. It's wrong. But one million Elvis fans can't be wrong! Humility means a little more than paying for your sins with repetitive rituals and promises to serve your parents. You have to learn from those failures, not retreat into a fantasy where loyalty will be rewarded. You have to cope with the complexities of the real world.

To heck with gee-whiz immortality. It doesn't exist. It's not about to! What else is there? Arrogant dogma and snake oil that is centered around martyrdom. Are you sure you've abandoned that fantasy of immortality? THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS If you don't fit in, conflict is your destiny. How you chose to face that conflict defines how you really address "humility".

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
God help us - Asia and Africa had nothing to do with the language spoken in England - try the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings and Normas. No one
"started it" - it developed largely from German. At least if you are going to parrot others, try to comprehend what they write to you.
God will always help us.
Due to colonialism, the English and other Brits, had contacts with Africans and Asians precisely India and Pakistan.
This led to many foreign words to be added to the English language.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't suppose I will. Since you admitted to jumping to conclusions, my point seems to be made. No sense gilding the lilly. Besides you sometimes say something that makes sense despite the tangents down blind alleys. In fact, I may have agreed with you in the past on some point or other.
I did enjoy the irony of your trying to establish yourself as the alpha while casting disdain on alphas in the same instance. I love irony. Isn't that ironic?
If you really knew me, you would be shocked at how off the mark your attempts to characterize me or mischaracterize me were. But since you seem to have some idea about the intuitive leap I need to make, enlighten me. I am never closed to hearing new ideas.
Or I admit that you engage in posing as something that you're not! Thus my original observations are entirely intact. I suppose you can admit that you're just being an artful dodger, but I still find it contemptible to condemn people as "evil" under such pretense.

Why do you want people to condemn the mentally unstable as "evil"? Or is that another artful dodger retreat into some hidden moral lesson that you're going to reveal once we are worthy?

Face it. You stepped over the line. It really bothers you to have someone say that. I say that you're playing your own hidden political game. Statistically, that probably pegs you as being very close to the fundamentalists you're condemning. You claim that you're not a good ol' boy family man yet you've yet to explain who "you and the boys" really are.

You're running away from your original witch hunt. I don't really care who you really are. Stop picking on the mentally handicapped.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God will always help us.
Due to colonialism, the English and other Brits, had contacts with Africans and Asians precisely India and Pakistan.
You are never wrong in your own eyes. By "other Brits", I assume you refer to the Scots, Welsh and Irish, whose language is celtic in origin, not English. Colonialism in Asia/India began in the 17th century, long after the language had evolved - Africa even later in the 19th century. Odd words being added to a language does not constitute being part of the roots of that language. If you must post drivel, expect to be called out on it.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
Self-propelled lunatic!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My point is that, despite the fact that English had roots from Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, the language is still not the same as the above influential languages.
English is still English just like Latin and every other world languages.
dumb (adj.)
O.E. dumb "silent, unable to speak," from PIE *dheubh- "confusion, stupefaction, dizziness," from root *dheu-(1) "dust, mist, vapor, smoke," and related notions of "defective perception or wits."

The Old English, Old Saxon (dumb), Gothic (dumbs), and Old Norse (dumbr) forms of the word meant only "mute, speechless;" in O.H.G.(thumb) it meant both this and "stupid," and in Modern German this latter became the only sense. Meaning "foolish, ignorant" was occasionally in Middle English, but modern use (1823) comes from influence of Ger. dumm. Related: dumber; dumbest. Applied to silent contrivances, hence dumbwaiter. As a verb, in late Old English, "to become mute;" c.1600, "to make mute." To dumb (something) down is from 1933.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one really owns any language(s).
But English as a language was first spoken in England.
Thats funny.

A few months back you were adamently insisting that the English owned English more than any other native English speaker. So I guess you have learned something.

clever (adj.)

late 16c., "handy, dexterous," from East Anglian dialectal cliver "expert at seizing," perhaps from East Frisian klufer or Norwegian dialectic klover "ready, skillful," and perhaps influenced by Old English clifer "claw, hand" (early usages seem to refer to dexterity); extension to intellect is first recorded 1704.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are the stupid.
English language developed largely from the Angles, Saxons and the Jutes, who later became the English people.
Other influences came from the colonisers of England.
German is only closely related to English, because they all evolved from the same source.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Jutes, Angles, and the Saxons started it all, but these Germanic tribes, are really not the modern Germans or Danish today, but they all evolved from the same source, like the English.
Now perhaps you can explain to your creationist buddies that in the same way, the amphibians of today are not the SAME ones that reptiles evolved from, and the apes of today are not the SAME ones that humans evolved from. They share a common root, and all species, and languages, keep evolving.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, you are the stupid.
English language developed largely from the Angles, Saxons and the Jutes, who later became the English people.
Other influences came from the colonisers of England.
German is only closely related to English, because they all evolved from the same source.
Idiot - England is an Anglo-Saxon country - guess you have no idea what that might mean? I'm done with you - there are some in this world that are uneducatable as they refuse to learn and I have better things to do than waste my time on one of them.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now perhaps you can explain to your creationist buddies that in the same way, the amphibians of today are not the SAME ones that reptiles evolved from, and the apes of today are not the SAME ones that humans evolved from. They share a common root, and all species, and languages, keep evolving.
Burn!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
Charles, just face it. You know nothing about the English people or the English language. You just fancy yourself as being part of a larger plan that you somehow think England is at the center of.

England has been a major player on the world stage for the last few hundred years. The colonies that they started still give momentum to that old order, but all things come to an end. Some day our legacy will be foppish library etiquette like ancient Latin or Greek.

It's time to join the real world.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I fish wrote:
God has not murdered. Do you understand justice? Do you understand punishment for evil/crime?
Yes. And I understand the judgement your god used on others on numerous occasions went WAY above and beyond what any modern sane judge would call "justice". That's why lots of innocent babies died because of it.

And now here you are attempting to justify evil because evil sanctioned by God is okay. Just like I already pointed out.
I fish wrote:
If you do not sense that there is recompense for evil...or that evil deserves punishment...you must love evil.
Actually YOU love evil. You love your god. Your god is evil. Period.
I fish wrote:
You must not be willing to choose God's form of perfect righteousness.
I'm not willing to choose YOUR god because it is not righteous. In fact the god of the OT was a pretty nasty petty evil b*st*rd.
I fish wrote:
You must be willing to blaspheme
Yes, just as you are willing to blaspheme against EVERY OTHER RELIGION ON THE PLANET WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
I fish wrote:
for the sake of temporary power until you find yourself
... dead. I have that power anyway either way.

Although it's interesting how you're arguing that I should submit to your particular god and give up that power.

So much for "freedom".
I fish wrote:
at the mercy of a hierarchy in hell that share your belief that holiness is overrated
Your idea of "holiness" IS over-rated. Killing babies is not holy. You're telling me it is.

Also interesting is the fact that you are telling me I'm hellbound for simply disagreeing with your baseless opinions which you are incapable of backing up.

Again, that is evil. You are an evil person. And you are trying to tell us evil is "justice" as long as it's sanctioned by your god.
I fish wrote:
and God's goodness is not present.
God's EXISTENCE has not even been demonstrated, much less anything else.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between learning what you haven't known before and saying you know something that no one has ever known before...including God.
There is no new knowledge. God knows everything and has since before time. You should capitalize on what you know. I believe you do. I wish to know God more than the patent inventor. good luck with that.
You ALMOST hit it right on the button there, then failed epically at the last minute.

The fact is that IF a God exists, you don't know anything more about it than anyone else does. Period.

Which is why I'm not worried about blaspheming your particular (ideas of) God in the SLIGHTEST.

Your baseless religious opinions are simply not that important.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

199 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Reevely: The strange rush to ban e-cigarettes 2 min The OB Method 5
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Jennifer Renee 5,937
Things Men Should Do .... (Mar '11) 9 min honeymylove 260
If you could have anything to eat right now, Wh... 14 min honeymylove 68
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,864
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 18 min tiger_-_dad 137,406
Weird sea critters invade West Coast beaches 19 min Gihgen 22
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min -Lea- 18,071
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Mister_ E 143,813