Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204932 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#65490 Dec 15, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Evolutionary Theory is nonsense;and,those who support it, know this for a fact.
Yeah, in your dreams you Luddite.

150+ years and still going strong as ever.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65491 Dec 15, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome to your beliefs. I have no problem with that. I just don't share them.
Which is why I have to...
Abduction Zone

United States

#65492 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And in the millions of years since they were attached do you think that the original ERV would have evolved, if they still survive after many millions of years. They are still recognizable as Vs and that is a FACT.
And the fact that the virus came to life, where creatard "science" would have predicted the opposite shows that there assumption was correct.
You still lose Mav. You will always lose Mav.
Blue Book, SETI....Marshall Applewhite/////Ok, not him. Anyway, the primitive human animal is greedy, corrupt, plastic using, pill popping, wife swapping, mentally ill, egotistical,........look at society. Its only a matter of time....extinction is inevitable! Humans have a selflife..........
Mr Smartypants

Roy, WA

#65493 Dec 15, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, in your dreams you Luddite.
150+ years and still going strong as ever.
What I think is a real hoot is how Cretinists, especially those on Conservapedia, keep predicting the imminent demise of evolution. Not only do something like 98-99% of scientists accept evolution--including a lot of Christian scientists--but evolution is still the bedrock theory upon which all of the life sciences from anthropology to zoology depend. The flat-earth crowd couldn't burn enough scientists at the stake to get mainstream science to ever abandon evolution...

Level 6

Location hidden

#65494 Dec 15, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think is a real hoot is how Cretinists, especially those on Conservapedia, keep predicting the imminent demise of evolution. Not only do something like 98-99% of scientists accept evolution--including a lot of Christian scientists--but evolution is still the bedrock theory upon which all of the life sciences from anthropology to zoology depend. The flat-earth crowd couldn't burn enough scientists at the stake to get mainstream science to ever abandon evolution...
Are you from Virginia?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65495 Dec 15, 2012
Abduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Blue Book, SETI....Marshall Applewhite/////Ok, not him. Anyway, the primitive human animal is greedy, corrupt, plastic using, pill popping, wife swapping, mentally ill, egotistical,........look at society. Its only a matter of time....extinction is inevitable! Humans have a selflife..........
The proper term is "shelf life".
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#65496 Dec 15, 2012
Well The Humanoid' We Evolved From Are Not The Same Intellectually Or Physically As Us - Maybe...

Abduction Zone

Belvidere, IL

#65497 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The proper term is "shelf life".
You passed the test Grashoper! Now, pay attention.........What would happen if 99.9% of the humans on this earth knew that "mind control" is real?
Mr Smartypants

Roy, WA

#65498 Dec 15, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you from Virginia?
No, I'm from Minnesota and have a degree in aerospace engineering. BTW, somebody gave me a peanut, so I know I made some flat-earther think--whoo, hoo!

Level 6

Location hidden

#65499 Dec 15, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm from Minnesota and have a degree in aerospace engineering. BTW, somebody gave me a peanut, so I know I made some flat-earther think--whoo, hoo!
Minnesota. hmmm. I always associated prejudice with Virginia for some reason.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65500 Dec 15, 2012
Did they open the loony bin this weekend?

Of course it is hard to tell them apart from our every day creationists.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#65501 Dec 15, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, creotards have been predicting the end of evolution 'theory for 150+ years and cab't seem to understand that its still going strong. I guess that just shows how tremendously stupid they are.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65502 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can not comprehend our Creator until you understand miracles!
All miracles have proven to be nothing but chance or physics so far, you see them as miracles because you cannot think, so you fill in the blanks with "god dun it" to pretend to know more than anyone else.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#65503 Dec 15, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
Mr Smartypants

United States

#65504 Dec 15, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that I'm very prejudiced against creationists, flat-earthers, and UFO cultists. But, then again, they're very prejudiced against rational people like myself.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#65505 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If we could even begin to understand the creation we might use an analogy. I am a Christian and I believe Jesus did miracles by the power of God which created all things in heaven and earth. If we could consider that a miracle is an event which happens at once as in the water made into wine (John 2), we could see that the wine was real. How can the rational person come up with a reason or cause for the wine? Good wine is juice from grapes which is vintage of a plantation of grape vines. It does normally take time for wine to be made, but with God all things are possible, and he can make things exist and truly happen that are above mans reasoning.
What do you think of the fact that science has proven that Adam and Eve never existed???

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#65506 Dec 15, 2012
Abduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You passed the test Grashoper! Now, pay attention.........What would happen if 99.9% of the humans on this earth knew that "mind control" is real?
Then 99.9% of the humans would be delusional.
Mr Smartypants

United States

#65507 Dec 15, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, creotards have been predicting the end of evolution 'theory for 150+ years and cab't seem to understand that its still going strong. I guess that just shows how tremendously stupid they are.
I think the last time evolutionary theory was questioned by mainstream science was in the 1880s. There's so much data out there supporting evolution that it's very unlikely that real scientists* will ever abandon it. Even in the remote chance that scientists do move past evolution, it will be for another equally naturalistic theory.

*People with degrees from accredited universities like CalTech or MIT, and NOT scam artists with sheepskins from the Tupelo Correspondence School of Creationism and Clam-Digging.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#65508 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can not comprehend our Creator until you understand miracles!
Can you point me to even ONE well attested miracle that has occurred outside of the Bible??

Level 6

Location hidden

#65509 Dec 15, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that I'm very prejudiced against creationists, flat-earthers, and UFO cultists. But, then again, they're very prejudiced against rational people like myself.
Or if they're not prejudice toward you...they're just flat out crazy like that KEN HAM.huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min Sharlene45 3,822
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 29 min Bezeer 4,297
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min Sharlene45 197,506
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 47 min Bezeer 19,798
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Calisportsgirl 17,094
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 1 hr Calisportsgirl 5,165
Word Association. (Nov '10) 1 hr Calisportsgirl 19,708
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr I KNOW WHY 33,219
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 8 hr Melt down 8,832
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 hr 8541 MARINE 59,796