Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65450 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Why worry about the devil when we have plenty of people ready and willing to do such evil that would scare Lucifer into catatonia. The devil is just a fiction for Christians to blame their own evil and selfish acts on.
No, I am pretty sure I have only invoked the ire of those that need some external reason for that which they don't understand.
It could be fiction it could be real. Who knows. But there are real satanic worshipers.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65451 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since it was brought up on here, I began to wonder what the opposite of gravity or anti-gravity would be. So, reversing the pull?
Here is something that came to mind remembering something from back in high school. If a person is standing on the slope of a mountain, the pull of gravity is not only to the center of the Earth but to the mountain as well. The Earth having the stronger pull of course. Anti-gravity would then be the release of the pull from both directions in this case. But just as we don't get pulled down to the center of the Earth or the center of a mountain, anti-gravity wouldn't necessarily shoot us out into space. Or would it?
Reversing the pull is the best way I can think to explain it, because the object under the effect will only go the same distance away from the target object as the combined gravity fields have effect, anything beyond that would produce a pull again. It's this reason it's being looked at as a new maglev alternative, then the sidewalls would be obsolete since the train would be unable to leave the track for the same reason it's hovering just above it.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65452 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since it was brought up on here, I began to wonder what the opposite of gravity or anti-gravity would be. So, reversing the pull?
What is Anti-Gravity?

All matter in the universe that we know has gravitationally positive mass. Mass acts as a gravitational charge which produced a gravitational field. All known gravitational fields are positive. If gravitationally NEGATVE fields exist, they could counteract the positive gravity we know. They would constitute “anti-gravity”.

What are the Implications of Having Anti-Gravity?

1. Anti-gravity could counteract the pull of gravity by the Earth on objects. We call this pull weight. Anti-gravity could make objects weightless.

2. A form of gravity is responsible for inertia. Inertia is the resistance of objects to be put into motion, or accelerated.

Newton’s Second Law tells how much force we need to cause motion. Anti-gravity could negate inertia.

3. A combination of positive and negative masses could be made to
move the two without applying an outside force. This is called
anti-gravity propulsion.

[oops! no link]
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#65453 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, there was no flood. How would plants have grown without rain? It is not that it takes millions of years to create a fossil, it is that it would have taken hundreds of millions of years to deposit all of the sediments. Sedimentary rocks show that they were deposited in specific environments. Most of them with deposit rates far lower than an inch per year. Explain over a mile of sediments that deposited that slowly with a flood that lasted only one year.
You can not comprehend our Creator until you understand miracles!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65454 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can not comprehend our Creator until you understand miracles!
A fancy way of saying "God done did it with magic!"

Seriously, if there was a flood there should be physical evidence.

There is none.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#65455 Dec 15, 2012
If we could even begin to understand the creation we might use an analogy. I am a Christian and I believe Jesus did miracles by the power of God which created all things in heaven and earth. If we could consider that a miracle is an event which happens at once as in the water made into wine (John 2), we could see that the wine was real. How can the rational person come up with a reason or cause for the wine? Good wine is juice from grapes which is vintage of a plantation of grape vines. It does normally take time for wine to be made, but with God all things are possible, and he can make things exist and truly happen that are above mans reasoning.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#65456 Dec 15, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
they call it zero gravity
And Santa's coming Satan? Some mispelled words as it happens someone prolly was so excited that he did was on his way they spelled it wrong...

Lucifer was so wealthy he supplied everyone with toys...

p.s.

Wonder how Jesus feels about some Churches wanting him to take all the Glory to honor HIM and it is HE, honestly...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#65457 Dec 15, 2012
Anti Gravity is like a really really suckage bad movie that even the popcorn though freshly popped tastes stale... It doesn't suck you in...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65458 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If we could even begin to understand the creation we might use an analogy. I am a Christian and I believe Jesus did miracles by the power of God which created all things in heaven and earth. If we could consider that a miracle is an event which happens at once as in the water made into wine (John 2), we could see that the wine was real. How can the rational person come up with a reason or cause for the wine? Good wine is juice from grapes which is vintage of a plantation of grape vines. It does normally take time for wine to be made, but with God all things are possible, and he can make things exist and truly happen that are above mans reasoning.
Sometimes I will joke and say that "faith" is synonymous with "gullibility". Sadly it is for you.

There is no evidence for any of the miracles in the Bible. Why do you believe it? Is it just because it makes you feel good? If god exists I would assume he would want us to use the brain that we have. It is not perfect, but if works rather well at simple tasks and even simple tasks can ascertain whether something is true or false. When the Bible is tested it does not fare too well.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#65459 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A fancy way of saying "God done did it with magic!"
Seriously, if there was a flood there should be physical evidence.
There is none.
The earth surface is 70% covered with water that came from the breaking up of the fountains of the great deep.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65460 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The earth surface is 70% covered with water that came from the breaking up of the fountains of the great deep.
Ummm, no.

Take a basic geography or geology class please.

Fairy tales do not beat science.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#65461 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, no.
Take a basic geography or geology class please.
Fairy tales do not beat science.
Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#65462 Dec 15, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
And Santa's coming Satan? Some mispelled words as it happens someone prolly was so excited that he did was on his way they spelled it wrong...
p.s.
Wonder how Jesus feels about some Churches wanting him to take all the Glory to honor HIM and it is HE, honestly...
Ya better not preach!
Ya better not pray!
You best not beseech, cause he's coming this way!
Lucifer is coming to town!!!!!

He sees you've been atoning.
He knows if you're apostate.
He knows if you've been bad or worse, so be worse for Satan's sake!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#65463 Dec 15, 2012
Most of the oceans salt came from beneath the ocean floor, because river runoff decreases the average salinity and couldn't be the reason that the sodium chloride has occured in seawater.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#65464 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Most of the oceans salt came from beneath the ocean floor, because river runoff decreases the average salinity and couldn't be the reason that the sodium chloride has occured in seawater.
...or maybe because salt does not evaporate along with water, billions of years of minor additions of salt in fresh water runoff has just accumulated to cause the salinity of the oceans, which has been steadily increasing over the earth's history.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65465 Dec 15, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
p.s.
If Santa is Satan, then Claus is Lucas.

In Greece the name Lucas comes from the patron saint of doctors, artists and creative's. In Latin Lucas means bringer of light and Lucas also has the same meaning in English.

Lucifer is also bringer of light!

Christmas is all about the devil? I knew there is something fishy. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#65466 Dec 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya better not preach!
Ya better not pray!
You best not beseech, cause he's coming this way!
Lucifer is coming to town!!!!!
He sees you've been atoning.
He knows if you're apostate.
He knows if you've been bad or worse, so be worse for Satan's sake!
naughty you

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65467 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
Yes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65468 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65469 Dec 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...or maybe because salt does not evaporate along with water, billions of years of minor additions of salt in fresh water runoff has just accumulated to cause the salinity of the oceans, which has been steadily increasing over the earth's history.
Salt comes out of the seas too. Look at the various salt and anhydrite deposits that can be found around the world. Just like the water cycle, there is a salt cycle too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 29 min Spotted Girl 1,109
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 39 min Spotted Girl 8
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min wichita-rick 152,551
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 492
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 37,729
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 1 hr Maverick 808 65
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 1 hr Maverick 808 963
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Spirit67_ 7,617
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr wichita-rick 339
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 25,749