Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197325 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65468 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Most of the oceans salt came from beneath the ocean floor, because river runoff decreases the average salinity and couldn't be the reason that the sodium chloride has occured in seawater.
Wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65469 Dec 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...or maybe because salt does not evaporate along with water, billions of years of minor additions of salt in fresh water runoff has just accumulated to cause the salinity of the oceans, which has been steadily increasing over the earth's history.
Salt comes out of the seas too. Look at the various salt and anhydrite deposits that can be found around the world. Just like the water cycle, there is a salt cycle too.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65470 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawater#Origin

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65471 Dec 15, 2012
Did you know that Morton kosher salt has the Star of David on the package?

Level 5

above and beyond

#65472 Dec 15, 2012
talk about satanic hexagram

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#65473 Dec 15, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, nothing exists by random chance. Nothing is random, not even the stock market.
Ok. So?

Level 5

above and beyond

#65474 Dec 15, 2012
The hexagram is Satan's symbol for Israel, while the menorah is God's symbol.

Level 5

Some stable somewhere

#65475 Dec 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Darwin Buster Two: There are laws of embryology that directly contradict "ape to human evolution." One reason is that genes work together in teams to form body parts during embryonic development.
Utterly false.
This makes it impossible to add genes to any genome because there is no way to coordinate any new gene with existing genes. Yet "ape to human evolution" requires apes and humans to be able to add genes - for example, the chimpanzee Y chromosome has 37 genes and the human Y chromosome has at least 78 genes.
http://darwinconspiracy.com/
Ah. You didn't get this from a science source. That explains the incredibly stupid and incorrect nonsense you are spouting.

Go find a science source to reference your claims. I know, I know, you can't because your claims are ridiculous. Not a my problem thing.

Level 5

Some stable somewhere

#65476 Dec 15, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've been asking the fundies for a scientific alternative for 7 years. The scientific community has been waiting for nearly 150 years.
Or a few thousand, depending on how you look at it.
We're not actually waiting. We're moving ahead with what we have. What creationists propose is so absurd, so utterly worthless, it's completely ignored.

And that's why contemporary society can enjoy antibiotics, freedom from parasites and genetic therapy.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65477 Dec 15, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So?
Which could mean nature (and the universe) is self-calculating probably affected by the gravitons. But what do I know?

Level 5

Some stable somewhere

#65478 Dec 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Darwin Buster Four: Darwinians have no explanation for why humans and apes have a different number of chromosomes.
Actually, we do. We have fantastic evidence of that - in lay terms, we have proven it.
Darwinians claim that "chromosome fusion" of two ape chromosomes into a single chromosome resulted in humans having only 23 pairs of chromosomes while apes have 24 pairs. But there is not one example of "chromosome fusion" in mammals.
False. There are many such examples.
Darwinians claim that 1 in 1000 human babies have a "fused chromosome" but this is an out and out lie. They are actually referring to Robertsonian Translocations, which are "translocations" and not fused chromosomes and does not result in a change in the chromosome number. Besides, scientifically derived facts refute "chromosome fusion" can occur in apes or humans.
http://darwinconspiracy.com/
No, your source is outright lying to you. It isn't a science source and is making stuff up.

It's just amazing to me that you believe such nonsense. But this is why you and your fellow creationists don't contribute to science - your viewpoints are without merit and worthless.

Instead of reading that garbage, you should pick up a very basic biology textbook - for non-majors. Start there and work your way up. You'll be amazed at how much you've been lied to you by your fellow creationists.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#65479 Dec 15, 2012
You can always learn something new. After reading the Wikipedia article, I found out that the current level of salinity has been stable for a long time.

I had heard somewhere that life forms generally represent a level of salinity akin to the amount in the oceans at the time when life began. Considering that the oceans were in existence for a long time before life began, I figured that the levels were always changing, but it makes sense that some will be lost to the drying up of inland seas, etc.

I still wonder if sea creatures generally adapt to greater salinity by evolving to match their own level to that of the oceans they live in. I doubt it but I'm not a biochemist so I don't often look for that information.

Anyway you look at it, Free Servant is completely off the mark with his uninformed claims! Fresh water all comes from precipitation caused mostly by the evaporation of ocean water. Some of the salt comes from the ocean floor but some comes from fresh water drainage into the ocean and the only way salt leaves the ocean is by very gradual changes in geography.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65480 Dec 15, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Which could mean nature (and the universe) is self-calculating probably affected by the gravitons. But what do I know?
let me reword that. Nature is self-calculating that is probably affected by the force of nature - such as gravity.

Does that make sense?
Hardcore Republican

Florence, SC

#65481 Dec 15, 2012
Just when you get hip deep in all the logic somebody comes up with a little thing called truth and makes all your logic turn into propagandic brain washed mash.

Obama killed bin laden

and

bush killed our economy.

can it be any more clear, I should have listened when bush's home town Texas newspaper endorsed John Kerry for president instead of their home boy. I guess the word boy fits so well with his spotty military record.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65482 Dec 15, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Fossils can be millions of years old, that is a fact. But it does not occur by magic. It requires the function of physcal and chemical principles and lots of time to get a fossil. No magic.
You do a lot of speculating which is a good thing, but taking this speculation as fact and using it to make erroneous conclusions doesn't help you or anyone else.
Rainbows can occur without rain, but during or after a rain is when they are usually observed.
Please go into the chemical principles of fossil making. Have you experimented? The 'time' you profess to be necessary to form fossils in multiple layers of ground...is difficult to believe when you note that a tree, with the rings that prove it's age at the time it was fossilized, is stretching through more than one layer of the fossil layers...Evolutionists explain that part of a tree was fossil and part of it continuted to grow slowly for hundreds of years and then become fossilized ( i like that word) etc. That, to the average thinking person sounds like it's from people who haven't previously seen a tree stump or perhaps a tree...which is highly unlikely. Don't you wish you could stop trying to confuse people?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#65483 Dec 15, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>There goes my whole "Staying Alive" analogy....spoilsport!
Sorry about that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65484 Dec 15, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go into the chemical principles of fossil making. Have you experimented? The 'time' you profess to be necessary to form fossils in multiple layers of ground...is difficult to believe when you note that a tree, with the rings that prove it's age at the time it was fossilized, is stretching through more than one layer of the fossil layers...Evolutionists explain that part of a tree was fossil and part of it continuted to grow slowly for hundreds of years and then become fossilized ( i like that word) etc. That, to the average thinking person sounds like it's from people who haven't previously seen a tree stump or perhaps a tree...which is highly unlikely. Don't you wish you could stop trying to confuse people?
Once again. It does not matter how long it takes fossils to form. What matters is how long it takes to deposit the sediments that the fossils are found in.

Trees don't stretch through fossil layers. "Polystrate" fossils are a falsehood that creatards teach. Some sediments accumulate very very slowly and evenly. In fact most do. That does not mean that all sediments accumulate slowly and evenly. Can you think of any results of that difference in accumulation of sediments?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#65485 Dec 15, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
So there was never logic involved with with the universe and solar system?
Never? No, not never. Formal logic began, as far as we know, with the appearance of humans.
I fish wrote:
There was no thinking or life.
Before there was life? Of course not.
I fish wrote:
Seasons and time and amounts weren't there to observe?
An observer would be required to observe.
I fish wrote:
People(believers) always associate the gospel with math when they say One sacrifice paid for Everyone's debt to prove that miracles happen that don't appear mathmatically achieveable without supernatural power.
You lost me on that one.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#65486 Dec 15, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. How many times do I have to explain to you because you don't seem to follow what I'm trying to say.
Maybe because you say it so clumsily.
Cybele wrote:
Math is a universal language. We invented language to interpret our reality - the earth, the sun, the solar system. Here's an example. If there was no formula for gravity, how else would we explain its existence? Poetry?(Even that has math)
No shit. And how is that at odds with what I said?
Cybele wrote:
But again, you see what you want to see, you hear what you want to hear. Sounds like music to my ears!
Gibberish.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65487 Dec 15, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Never? No, not never. Formal logic began, as far as we know, with the appearance of humans.
<quoted text>
Before there was life? Of course not.
<quoted text>
An observer would be required to observe.
<quoted text>
You lost me on that one.
I Beleive Logic and reason have existed in God since before time existed. He has said in a message for Isaiah to give to a sinful nation "come now let us reason together...though your sins be red like scarlet...I can/will (?) make them White like wool/snow" the first chapter in Isaiah. That's why God expects to be able toreason with you. He respects you. wow. Because made you. He knows your capabale of thought. which says more than humans do for other humans.
Life is From God. God breathed life into humans...
Observations can be made before people have words to say them.
'That one' was more to do with someone elses argument about the science of math and the absence of all things mathmatical and scientific inside the Theory that includes God. I don't like to spen time replying to each and every post here...so i wassayingmore in one post...that somehow made sense should anyone else be reading through the thread post by post...don't you see?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 min Dont_You_Dare 81,811
News 10-Foot Python Bites Man's Penis During Morning... 2 min PFfff 1
News This Six-Year-Old Can Spell Better Than You Eve... 3 min PFfff 2
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 4 min Dont_You_Dare 12,653
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 min PFfff 32,108
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 7 min Go Blue Forever 8,814
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 16 min Dont_You_Dare 8,154
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 33 min Lucy the Prolific 6,094
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr No Limit 190,780
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr SweLL GirL 144,797