Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#65457 Dec 15, 2012
Anti Gravity is like a really really suckage bad movie that even the popcorn though freshly popped tastes stale... It doesn't suck you in...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65458 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If we could even begin to understand the creation we might use an analogy. I am a Christian and I believe Jesus did miracles by the power of God which created all things in heaven and earth. If we could consider that a miracle is an event which happens at once as in the water made into wine (John 2), we could see that the wine was real. How can the rational person come up with a reason or cause for the wine? Good wine is juice from grapes which is vintage of a plantation of grape vines. It does normally take time for wine to be made, but with God all things are possible, and he can make things exist and truly happen that are above mans reasoning.
Sometimes I will joke and say that "faith" is synonymous with "gullibility". Sadly it is for you.

There is no evidence for any of the miracles in the Bible. Why do you believe it? Is it just because it makes you feel good? If god exists I would assume he would want us to use the brain that we have. It is not perfect, but if works rather well at simple tasks and even simple tasks can ascertain whether something is true or false. When the Bible is tested it does not fare too well.
FREE SERVANT
#65459 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A fancy way of saying "God done did it with magic!"
Seriously, if there was a flood there should be physical evidence.
There is none.
The earth surface is 70% covered with water that came from the breaking up of the fountains of the great deep.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65460 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The earth surface is 70% covered with water that came from the breaking up of the fountains of the great deep.
Ummm, no.

Take a basic geography or geology class please.

Fairy tales do not beat science.
FREE SERVANT
#65461 Dec 15, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, no.
Take a basic geography or geology class please.
Fairy tales do not beat science.
Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#65462 Dec 15, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
And Santa's coming Satan? Some mispelled words as it happens someone prolly was so excited that he did was on his way they spelled it wrong...
Lucifer was so wealthy he supplied everyone with toys...
p.s.
Wonder how Jesus feels about some Churches wanting him to take all the Glory to honor HIM and it is HE, honestly...
Ya better not preach!
Ya better not pray!
You best not beseech, cause he's coming this way!
Lucifer is coming to town!!!!!

He sees you've been atoning.
He knows if you're apostate.
He knows if you've been bad or worse, so be worse for Satan's sake!
FREE SERVANT
#65463 Dec 15, 2012
Most of the oceans salt came from beneath the ocean floor, because river runoff decreases the average salinity and couldn't be the reason that the sodium chloride has occured in seawater.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#65464 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Most of the oceans salt came from beneath the ocean floor, because river runoff decreases the average salinity and couldn't be the reason that the sodium chloride has occured in seawater.
...or maybe because salt does not evaporate along with water, billions of years of minor additions of salt in fresh water runoff has just accumulated to cause the salinity of the oceans, which has been steadily increasing over the earth's history.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65465 Dec 15, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
And Santa's coming Satan? Some mispelled words as it happens someone prolly was so excited that he did was on his way they spelled it wrong...
Lucifer was so wealthy he supplied everyone with toys...
p.s.
Wonder how Jesus feels about some Churches wanting him to take all the Glory to honor HIM and it is HE, honestly...
If Santa is Satan, then Claus is Lucas.

In Greece the name Lucas comes from the patron saint of doctors, artists and creative's. In Latin Lucas means bringer of light and Lucas also has the same meaning in English.

Lucifer is also bringer of light!

Christmas is all about the devil? I knew there is something fishy. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#65466 Dec 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya better not preach!
Ya better not pray!
You best not beseech, cause he's coming this way!
Lucifer is coming to town!!!!!
He sees you've been atoning.
He knows if you're apostate.
He knows if you've been bad or worse, so be worse for Satan's sake!
naughty you

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65467 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
Yes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65468 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65469 Dec 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...or maybe because salt does not evaporate along with water, billions of years of minor additions of salt in fresh water runoff has just accumulated to cause the salinity of the oceans, which has been steadily increasing over the earth's history.
Salt comes out of the seas too. Look at the various salt and anhydrite deposits that can be found around the world. Just like the water cycle, there is a salt cycle too.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#65470 Dec 15, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Do you know where all the salt in the oceans came from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawater#Origin

Level 5

above and beyond

#65471 Dec 15, 2012
Did you know that Morton kosher salt has the Star of David on the package?

Level 5

above and beyond

#65472 Dec 15, 2012
talk about satanic hexagram

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#65473 Dec 15, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, nothing exists by random chance. Nothing is random, not even the stock market.
Ok. So?

Level 5

above and beyond

#65474 Dec 15, 2012
The hexagram is Satan's symbol for Israel, while the menorah is God's symbol.

Level 5

Some stable somewhere

#65475 Dec 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Darwin Buster Two: There are laws of embryology that directly contradict "ape to human evolution." One reason is that genes work together in teams to form body parts during embryonic development.
Utterly false.
This makes it impossible to add genes to any genome because there is no way to coordinate any new gene with existing genes. Yet "ape to human evolution" requires apes and humans to be able to add genes - for example, the chimpanzee Y chromosome has 37 genes and the human Y chromosome has at least 78 genes.
http://darwinconspiracy.com/
Ah. You didn't get this from a science source. That explains the incredibly stupid and incorrect nonsense you are spouting.

Go find a science source to reference your claims. I know, I know, you can't because your claims are ridiculous. Not a my problem thing.

Level 5

Some stable somewhere

#65476 Dec 15, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've been asking the fundies for a scientific alternative for 7 years. The scientific community has been waiting for nearly 150 years.
Or a few thousand, depending on how you look at it.
We're not actually waiting. We're moving ahead with what we have. What creationists propose is so absurd, so utterly worthless, it's completely ignored.

And that's why contemporary society can enjoy antibiotics, freedom from parasites and genetic therapy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 3 min Judy 123 37,862
News Ohio hospital drops rule requiring women to wea... 3 min a_visitor 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min a_visitor 217,255
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Judy 123 13,276
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 15 min Judy 123 3,529
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min Fish_sticks 21,936
Why are ciggaretts 20 a pack and why is pot goi... 16 min a_visitor 2
A to Z songs by title or group! 22 min xxxooxxx 1,828
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr The Finny 4,097
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Fish_sticks 75,317