Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197404 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Stalkersaresicko s

Somerset, KY

#65429 Dec 14, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't say.
<quoted text>
That was a list of reference material NOT hosted on Wiki. Perhaps you should look first before sticking your foot in your mouth.
Is that a Julian Aussange quote?

That guy's really kind of scarey....poor Aussie's.

Julian Assange, the internationally wanted Wikileaks founder, plans to start a “WikiLeaks party” and run for the senate in Australia’s 2013 election, the country’s news Web site The Age is reporting:
Stalkersaresicko s

Somerset, KY

#65430 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Music theorists sometimes use mathematics to understand music. Mathematics is "the basis of sound" and sound itself "in its musical aspects... exhibits a remarkable array of number properties", simply because nature itself "is amazingly mathematical"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_mathem...
Assange wouldn’t be the first person to run for public office from behind bars. For example, American union leader Eugene Debs won 3.4 percent of the vote in the 1920 presidential election while in jail on sedition charges in Atlanta.
Stalkersaresicko s

Somerset, KY

#65431 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you like loosing and lying, that’s fine, you tell us a lot about your sick personality
Predatory Freak
Stalkersaresicko s

Somerset, KY

#65432 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All I asked was for you to prove what you claimed, simple enough request that you have not managed, end of story. If you are not man enough to admit it then fine, it’s your life.
And if this means you go into gibbering mode when you are caught out, then that’s fine too, you gibber to your hearts content. It makes no difference to the facts that Einstein believed the concept of god was childish
I have offered my proof, you haven’t. I have not lied for my god, you have, sleep well with that knowledge
PhsychoTic, repetative, predatory FREAK.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65433 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have heard of Maglev, and no, anti-gravity technology is not used in roller coasters. Merely simple Newtonian physics.
Of the people you referred to one proven fake is Hutchinson. But anyone who makes a claim that cannot be reproduced can safely be assumed to be a fraud.
Ya there is s documentary that says Hutchinson is fake. But that's because they figured a way to copy his invention and thought that's how it was made.

Roller coasters uses magnets

also, here's something else:

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2012-01/ze...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65434 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to say the earth was put back like it was before the flood. I believe the earth was way way different before the flood. I believe humans lived an average life-span of 700 years-ish. andI believe It hadnever rained at all before the flood. Ibelieve plants grew from dew. I believe we have enough animals the way it is with the ones that survived the flood on Noah's ark...and didn't go extinct from eing hunted by great hunters shortly there after. that didn't take hours. It just took God to make history. He alsoleft a rainbow.That's why we don't mind retelling the story. It means mercy for humans..
But it wasn't. Why would you think that?

Sedimentary rocks took hundreds of millions of years to be deposited, that puts them well before the time of the flood. All of the mountain ranges in the world, even the youngest ones, are millions of years old. Some, the Appalachians for example, are hundreds of millions of years old.

So where is the evidence of the flood?

The rainbow existed before the flood. It is caused by simple refraction. If you don't know that then we are going to be in big trouble here.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65435 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But anyone who makes a claim that cannot be reproduced can safely be assumed to be a fraud.
Why do you think inventors patent their work? So people can steal it from them? With your logic, I can say that the people who invented nukes are fraud. It's TOP SECRET!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65436 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think inventors patent their work? So people can steal it from them? With your logic, I can say that the people who invented nukes are fraud. It's TOP SECRET!
Nope, all of those pass the repeatability tests. In fact once you patent something anyone can look up to see how it works. Patents are public records. They stop other people from using your designs.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65437 Dec 14, 2012
Sub, where do you think astronauts train? vomit comet

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65438 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
Sub, where do you think astronauts train? vomit comet
Yes, and there is nothing "anti-gravity" about the Vomit Comet.

Again, simple Newtonian mechanics.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65439 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But it wasn't. Why would you think that?
Sedimentary rocks took hundreds of millions of years to be deposited, that puts them well before the time of the flood. All of the mountain ranges in the world, even the youngest ones, are millions of years old. Some, the Appalachians for example, are hundreds of millions of years old.
So where is the evidence of the flood?
The rainbow existed before the flood. It is caused by simple refraction. If you don't know that then we are going to be in big trouble here.
I'm pretty sure it usually rains before you see a rainbow. There's even rain in the word rainbow.wow. maybe it never rained before the flood. Maybe taking millions of years to make a fossi lis another fact that Evolutionist will have to turn into some other fact by ....hm magic.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65440 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure it usually rains before you see a rainbow. There's even rain in the word rainbow.wow. maybe it never rained before the flood. Maybe taking millions of years to make a fossi lis another fact that Evolutionist will have to turn into some other fact by ....hm magic.
Once again, there was no flood. How would plants have grown without rain? It is not that it takes millions of years to create a fossil, it is that it would have taken hundreds of millions of years to deposit all of the sediments. Sedimentary rocks show that they were deposited in specific environments. Most of them with deposit rates far lower than an inch per year. Explain over a mile of sediments that deposited that slowly with a flood that lasted only one year.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65441 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and there is nothing "anti-gravity" about the Vomit Comet.
Again, simple Newtonian mechanics.
they call it zero gravity

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65442 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
they call it zero gravity
So? Do you think that makes it anti-gravity? Think again.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#65443 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossils can be millions of years old, that is a fact. But it does not occur by magic. It requires the function of physcal and chemical principles and lots of time to get a fossil. No magic.

You do a lot of speculating which is a good thing, but taking this speculation as fact and using it to make erroneous conclusions doesn't help you or anyone else.

Rainbows can occur without rain, but during or after a rain is when they are usually observed.

Level 9

#65444 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah the code. Did you know there is a particular sound to invoke the devil? Oh wait did you whisper anything? Watch out for those vowels. LOL!
Why worry about the devil when we have plenty of people ready and willing to do such evil that would scare Lucifer into catatonia. The devil is just a fiction for Christians to blame their own evil and selfish acts on.

No, I am pretty sure I have only invoked the ire of those that need some external reason for that which they don't understand.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65445 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, there was no flood. How would plants have grown without rain? It is not that it takes millions of years to create a fossil, it is that it would have taken hundreds of millions of years to deposit all of the sediments. Sedimentary rocks show that they were deposited in specific environments. Most of them with deposit rates far lower than an inch per year. Explain over a mile of sediments that deposited that slowly with a flood that lasted only one year.
heavy moisture from the ground helps plants to grow. plants grow by waters when rainis rare. Water has always existed since creation.

Level 9

#65447 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Do you think that makes it anti-gravity? Think again.
I'm no physicist, but if gravity is the pull on a body by every other body, then would antigravity be the push on a body by every other body or would it be a cessation of the pull?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65448 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I'm no physicist, but if gravity is the pull on a body by every other body, then would antigravity be the push on a body by every other body or would it be a cessation of the pull?
Actually, it would be the reversing of the pull, so not even a push. Things are difficult for me to explain, so I won't try. They are working on a new maglev system that will not require as much material to produce using the concept.

Level 9

#65449 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it would be the reversing of the pull, so not even a push. Things are difficult for me to explain, so I won't try. They are working on a new maglev system that will not require as much material to produce using the concept.
Since it was brought up on here, I began to wonder what the opposite of gravity or anti-gravity would be. So, reversing the pull?

Here is something that came to mind remembering something from back in high school. If a person is standing on the slope of a mountain, the pull of gravity is not only to the center of the Earth but to the mountain as well. The Earth having the stronger pull of course. Anti-gravity would then be the release of the pull from both directions in this case. But just as we don't get pulled down to the center of the Earth or the center of a mountain, anti-gravity wouldn't necessarily shoot us out into space. Or would it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 5 min Bezeer 27,337
one word (Apr '11) 5 min Bezeer 7,057
Word association (Jun '07) 9 min Bezeer 4,540
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 10 min Bezeer 2,417
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 11 min Bezeer 3,306
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 14 min Bezeer 3,056
Post any FOUR words 15 min Bezeer 788
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min wichita-rick 190,818
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 55 min SUG here 2,559
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Dont_You_Dare 144,814
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 2 hr Spotted Girl 2,355
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Words of Advice 32,122
More from around the web