Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199204 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65409 Dec 14, 2012
I love Wally Wallington. He developed his own method of moving huge blocks of stone by himself. He has shown that since one man can move a block weighing 20,000 pounds or more by himself then the Egyptians with crews of at least thousands would have had no problem moving the blocks that make up the pyramids.

He did not do any research into how the Egyptians actually did their work, he merely points out that the Egyptians could have used the same techniques that he did to move their blocks.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#65410 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say it's impossible for God to send a flood and thereby create a few fossils to make a record that Satan wants to twist?
As far as I know God could flood the universe with pretzels leaving behind fossilized beef stew and real estate signs. If you you are talking about an omniscient being, he could do pretty much whatever he wanted. Fossilize the cast of Star Trek and put them in a sea full of pudding far all I know.

What I will say is that there is no evidence to indicate that a flood such as described by the Bible ever occurred. There is every indication that the Biblicl flood story is descended from similar flood stories of previous cultures.

Are you saying that God is some sort of lying trixter that has to resort to fraud in his relationship with man. I don't like your god.

Level 9

#65411 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say it's impossible for God to send a flood and thereby create a few fossils to make a record that Satan wants to twist?
Can you maybe stop avoiding my questions and answer them for a change. Give it go. What do ya say.

Level 9

#65412 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? That is not a geology question. Those rocks were set that way by man. Luckily for you I am almost all-knowing (wink):
http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/
I knew it.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65413 Dec 14, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying it's impossible for God to have left evidence for Man (including fossils, genetics, and other science) that show the record for life on earth as it really DID happen?
No, I was saying that Nothing is impossible for God.(which dude got) and explanations for fossils aren't owned by everyone but fundies, and a global flood is credible for way more than it receives credit for on this forum...and that's always been super frustrating to me...if you wanna know how I really feel...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65414 Dec 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
People.
With too much time on their hands.
Wow you really don't have respect for the ancient peoples. And who's ignorant now?

Level 9

#65415 Dec 14, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying it's impossible for God to have left evidence for Man (including fossils, genetics, and other science) that show the record for life on earth as it really DID happen?
Apparently God is now a trixter, that leaves things behind for Satan to come along an monkey with. You know, the Satan, that is a prisoner in Hell, yet seems to have a free run of everything he wants.

It is simple logic. Use one invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being to explain another invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being. It is the capstone of logic. I think they have cracked the code.

Level 9

#65416 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
I love Wally Wallington. He developed his own method of moving huge blocks of stone by himself. He has shown that since one man can move a block weighing 20,000 pounds or more by himself then the Egyptians with crews of at least thousands would have had no problem moving the blocks that make up the pyramids.
He did not do any research into how the Egyptians actually did their work, he merely points out that the Egyptians could have used the same techniques that he did to move their blocks.
Are you certain the flood didn't pile all of those stones there in the shapes of pyramids with rooms inside. Seems like evidence of a great flood to me. Or aliens, because we can't allow that ancient man had a brain and could figure out how to do things. It must have been aliens, during the flood, in the library with the lead pipe.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65417 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? That is not a geology question. Those rocks were set that way by man. Luckily for you I am almost all-knowing (wink):
http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/
Yah I was kidding since I brought up the subjects about rocks. Still, archeologists don't know who the ancients lifted them with precise measurements.

Level 9

#65418 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was saying that Nothing is impossible for God.(which dude got) and explanations for fossils aren't owned by everyone but fundies, and a global flood is credible for way more than it receives credit for on this forum...and that's always been super frustrating to me...if you wanna know how I really feel...
Lots of things are credible Rose Tyler, but it doesn't mean they have occurred. Personally, I don't see it as credible, because there isn't enough water available to achieve such a flood as described for one thing. Yes, I know we can always answer it as God did it with his magic.

What is so incredible and unacceptable about the idea that Genesis is a group of allegories about sin, good and evil, etc written by a Bronze Age socieity? That seems much more creidible then a flood of the whole Earth and doesn't require God magic when at a loss for a valid answer.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65419 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently God is now a trixter, that leaves things behind for Satan to come along an monkey with. You know, the Satan, that is a prisoner in Hell, yet seems to have a free run of everything he wants.
It is simple logic. Use one invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being to explain another invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being. It is the capstone of logic. I think they have cracked the code.
Ah the code. Did you know there is a particular sound to invoke the devil? Oh wait did you whisper anything? Watch out for those vowels. LOL!

Level 5

above and beyond

#65420 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you certain the flood didn't pile all of those stones there in the shapes of pyramids with rooms inside. Seems like evidence of a great flood to me. Or aliens, because we can't allow that ancient man had a brain and could figure out how to do things. It must have been aliens, during the flood, in the library with the lead pipe.
if there is gravity, perhaps there is anti-gravity?

Level 6

Location hidden

#65421 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>As far as I know God could flood the universe with pretzels leaving behind fossilized beef stew and real estate signs. If you you are talking about an omniscient being, he could do pretty much whatever he wanted. Fossilize the cast of Star Trek and put them in a sea full of pudding far all I know.
What I will say is that there is no evidence to indicate that a flood such as described by the Bible ever occurred. There is every indication that the Biblicl flood story is descended from similar flood stories of previous cultures.
Are you saying that God is some sort of lying trixter that has to resort to fraud in his relationship with man. I don't like your god.
\\
first off the one racy judgeit is supposed to be a mean judgeit I hit the wrong one... I usually don't call people racy.
Talking about the descent of the biblical flood story...[to clear it up for me by pointing out that tons of other cultures recorded a worldwide flood (after the flood) because the story wasn't that old even a few hundred years later...it would seem like a story worth repeating as famous as WWIIetc...]is fruitless... You'd be better off watching star-trek or writing new episodes yourself.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65422 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Wow what a dumb man to use such primitive technology.

John Worrell Keely-Successfully rendered objects weighing up to 500 pounds absolutely weightless. He is our favorite anti gravity inventor, due to his immense success with his amazing anti gravity technologies.

John Hutchison- Succesfully rendered objects weightless using sound and high frequencies.

Edward Leedskalnin -Successfully moved Extremely heavy stone sculptures without the use of heavy machinery. He did so with his own anti gravity technology. He claimed that he knew how the Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids.

Viktor Schauberger -Successfully built machines which copy nature's motion. His devices produced "anti gravity lift". This propulsion lift can be used to either lift vertically or forwards of backwards if applied properly. His machines were very powerful.

T. Townsend Brown -Successfully built an electrogravitic propulsion device

http://www.antigravitytechnology.net/anti_gra...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65423 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele, unlike your list, Wally Wallington's accomplishments can be accomplished by anyone. Repeatedly. Time after time.

You listed a bunch of fakes and frauds. If you want to you can buy a DVD from Wally, but he is pretty open in his website how he does it. It is rather awkwardly laid out, but there are at least 5 pages to his site.

He works only with simple leverage. You are not going to be able to lift a huge block at incredibly fast rates. Buy you can do it with his methodology.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65424 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if there was a biblical global flood there would be some sort of evidence of it.

I suppose you could claim that your god put the Earth back the way it was before the flood, but then why couldn't he have put the animals back? There are so many flaws with a global flood that you would be saying "magic" for hours on end.

Level 5

above and beyond

#65425 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Cybele, unlike your list, Wally Wallington's accomplishments can be accomplished by anyone. Repeatedly. Time after time.
You listed a bunch of fakes and frauds. If you want to you can buy a DVD from Wally, but he is pretty open in his website how he does it. It is rather awkwardly laid out, but there are at least 5 pages to his site.
He works only with simple leverage. You are not going to be able to lift a huge block at incredibly fast rates. Buy you can do it with his methodology.
which ones are fakes and fraud?

Ever heard of Maglev (magnetic levitation) trains?

also, anti-gravity technology is used in roller coasters

Level 6

Location hidden

#65426 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if there was a biblical global flood there would be some sort of evidence of it.
I suppose you could claim that your god put the Earth back the way it was before the flood, but then why couldn't he have put the animals back? There are so many flaws with a global flood that you would be saying "magic" for hours on end.
I don't need to say the earth was put back like it was before the flood. I believe the earth was way way different before the flood. I believe humans lived an average life-span of 700 years-ish. andI believe It hadnever rained at all before the flood. Ibelieve plants grew from dew. I believe we have enough animals the way it is with the ones that survived the flood on Noah's ark...and didn't go extinct from eing hunted by great hunters shortly there after. that didn't take hours. It just took God to make history. He alsoleft a rainbow.That's why we don't mind retelling the story. It means mercy for humans..

Level 9

Everett, WA

#65427 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
which ones are fakes and fraud?
Ever heard of Maglev (magnetic levitation) trains?
also, anti-gravity technology is used in roller coasters
Yes, I have heard of Maglev, and no, anti-gravity technology is not used in roller coasters. Merely simple Newtonian physics.

Of the people you referred to one proven fake is Hutchinson. But anyone who makes a claim that cannot be reproduced can safely be assumed to be a fraud.
Stalkersaresicko s

Somerset, KY

#65428 Dec 14, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>If you could step back in time would you still fall in love with yourself all over again???
If you could step back in time, would you hate on people you don't even know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 11 min Bad Bex 7,193
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 41 min Grace Nerissa 56,774
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 45 min Parden Pard 4,534
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 51 min SweLL GirL 145,382
News new Texas city council votes to oust library cat 52 min Parden Pard 11
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 55 min liam cul8r 3,641
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 192,753
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,179
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 7 hr Jack 7,418
More from around the web