Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,055)

Showing posts 61,081 - 61,100 of105,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, sorry you missed it.
I don't WASTE time, redoing what has already been done,so, you're on your own.
Have a nice argument with yourself, as I find such behavior extremely ignorant, and that at the levels of pre-pubescent grade schoolers.
Cheers!
No you are not sorry, you are lying

What does it boil down to, quite simple, you are a liar and you prove it.

You may not be bothered but I have bothered and looked at at EVERY post you have addressed to me and guess what I did not find? I did not find what you claim to have done, in other words you are a liar and you prove yourself a liar with your lying posts

And you simply do not have the bottle to admit you are a liar in the face of the proof of your lies.

However you are welcome to do the good christian thing and lie about it, and ignore the consciences of your lies itís what we have come to expect

The only thing worse than a liar is a christian liar who is to sh|t scared to admit he is a liar

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

<quoted text>
Have fun scrolling back through the pages and pages (and pages!!) of too, should you ever decide to grow up for a few minutes, and act like a rational, sane adult.
Done that, you loose
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Done that, you loose
That's way I hang..and I LIKE it like that!!!

(and that's all that actually matters in this instance!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not sorry, you are lying
What does it boil down to, quite simple, you are a liar and you prove it.
You may not be bothered but I have bothered and looked at at EVERY post you have addressed to me and guess what I did not find? I did not find what you claim to have done, in other words you are a liar and you prove yourself a liar with your lying posts
And you simply do not have the bottle to admit you are a liar in the face of the proof of your lies.
However you are welcome to do the good christian thing and lie about it, and ignore the consciences of your lies itís what we have come to expect
The only thing worse than a liar is a christian liar who is to sh|t scared to admit he is a liar
No, the only thing worse is a stinking, ignorantpsychoTic type hypocrite-full of nothing but their only maniacal freakishness, that trolls around on random virtual message boards, doing nohting but calling dead people, their interviewers and others, "liars".

Might be a clue there for ya--something else fer you to keep busy at in researching-- for some of your seemingly favored "vent n hate" on others stuh-aisle.(twelve year old-phat crayons on sale now-whilsyt supplies last)

Have a nice day all the same!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
What Contradiction do you see in the Bible?
Your soul is the ghost of you...the none body living breath of you. what shape does it need to have? What color do you think it is? You probably know who has felt your soul that you claim isn't there. people carry hurt/joy inside their souls...
I think the better question to pose is "what contradictions don't appear in the bible?" It's rife with double-speak, and "do as I say not as I do" templates and guidelines.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

<quoted text>
That's way I hang..and I LIKE it like that!!!
(and that's all that actually matters in this instance!)
If you could step back in time would you still fall in love with yourself all over again???

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think a better analogy might be Tolkien vs. Rowling. J. K. Rowling has LOTS of recognition, but appeals to a different class of society and has very different expectations of the similar target audience.
Now, the basic characters of the two stories are very similar, but the roles played have very different consequences. Whereas Rowling is obsessed with class and education, Tolkien has more of a Karma approach to who fulfills what roles in his story. Granted, there is a royalty aspect in Tolkien that Rowling does not include, but that is just another part of the absolutely stereotypical male and female roles of leadership that separate matriarchies and patriarchies.
Neither is wrong, nor is either absolutely right, but for my part, I don't like Rowling much as she typically considers all males disposable in favor of the "chosen" one. That suggests a level of insecurity, and a divide and conquer strategy, that weakens matriarchal cultures.
Tolkien admits to a secondary role of women in leadership but I think he did his bet to give them roles, to include the killing of the second greatest power of evil in battle. Generally, I think he just accepts the natural roles that go along with sexual dimorphism.
Just my opinion.
don't worry about us women guys, we're a little too busy to be dissecting kid lit....

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*Orgasm*
Yes...Yes...YESSSS!!
*Gasp*
Was...Was it as good for you as it was for me?
<lights cigarette>

<breathes in>

<wipes hair back>

<exhales>

<looks over at DF's face, waiting>

"Yeah. Yeah baby. It was great.

Don't be so insecure."

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome and thank you ... I do. Very interesting.
In addition to the two gene discussion, that article demonstrates evolution on a micro scale. I don't understand how anyone could read that and not have the light bulb turn on in their head.
Well...the posters who disagree with you know nothing of science, barely know how to spell biology and hate their own mothers.

I'm joking about the mother's part, of course.

:)

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Science isn't really my thing and I know you're going to laugh but from a non science point of view maz has posted some pretty good stuff supporting id.
My back ground is faith mostly Jewish , Christian , and Islam.
I'm a scientist. Perhaps you should listen to me over Maz, who doesn't know the first thing about science.

Yes, I know, right? Crazy.

But I'm a scientist. I'll defer to you when we're talking about Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.

I have forgotten more than Maz has ever thought he has known about science and I'm here to tell you that there are no arguments against evolution in science. None. Not a single scientific theory has been presented in the last one hundred and sixty years that calls into question evolutionary theory. Not a single scientific hypothesis has proposed an alternative theory to evolution that unifies all biological phenomena under one explanatory umbrella.

There are no competing scientific theories to evolution. None. Evolution has never been disproved, not once. Hence it remains the framework theory of all biological sciences.

If you don't read science, I understand that you're ignorant of this. But here I am, telling you. And I can present innumerable scientific research papers that draw their hypotheses from evolutionary theory. Roughly two hundred thousand per year.

Read that figure again - 200 000 per year. All biological science is unified by evolutionary theory.

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends only to keep a species stable.
False.
How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occurred if evolution were true?
Mutation.

Yes, I know. You don't understand how mutation works. Yes, I know. You don't understand the first thing about molecular biology, which is why you can make such an absurd statement.

So...where do you want me to start?

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry peanut but random mutations? That means the outcome is unpredictable making impossible to project the outcome. How would it come out with male and female of the same species?
Natural selection works b/c of 3 things:

1. traits are inheritable (we call these genes).
2. variation exists in populations (it arises from mutation; mutation is not random, but unpredictable)
3. scarce resources that causes competition among individuals for those resources

Natural selection is differential reproduction and survival. Those who survive to adulthood and are able to reproduce, because of their genetic traits, will tend, on average, to have their genes in the gene pool dominate over others' genes.

Evolution by natural selection is the outcome of math.

If you don't understand this, in what way don't you understand? I will do my best to clarify for you.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

Evolution by natural selection is the outcome of math.
And how does evolution explain the patterns in nature such as fibonacci series and golden ratio?

http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R....

Level 5

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does evolution explain the patterns in nature such as fibonacci series and golden ratio?
http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R....
Math explains evolution. Not the other way around.

It's like you're asking cows to explain the cart.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Math explains evolution. Not the other way around.
In that case, nothing exists by random chance. Nothing is random, not even the stock market.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
http://theofficialillphil.com/ blog/dinosaurs_and_humans/
A rapper? Seriously? You're quoting a rapper as a scientific authority?

Come on, Knightmare. This is beneath even you.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that over and over but there aren't sufficient evidence to support TOE from the sources being posted here
Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution#Refere...

Have fun.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are wasting your time. Despite that, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, were/ are no German or Danish, they became English. Do your research on international laws or immigration laws.
English is a language that was first spoken in England. It is native to England, no one including you, can deny that.
Oh for Pete's sake. Are you still carrying on about who owns English?

{head/desk}

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

MikeF wrote:
I actually have read books on evolution. It had more info than wikipedia. LOL.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for Pete's sake. Are you still carrying on about who owns English?
{head/desk}
Who owns English? Were they esoteric as Pythagoras?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,081 - 61,100 of105,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

124 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 131,529
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 13 min night machine 11,413
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 13 min Enzo49 2,607
Nebraska toddler gets stuck inside claw machine 19 min babu 1
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 22 min Enzo49 821
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 23 min CJ Rocker 27,816
Lets Discuss Men 24 min Enzo49 130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min ghostmoney 11,610
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 1 hr Independent 201