Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,053)

Showing posts 61,041 - 61,060 of105,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnote
To lie in the presence of you god and to make a mockery of a dead mans beliefs is a pathetic way to promote you belief
Einstein Wrote
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Einstein Wrote
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
Or were you just making verbal threats and/or false accusations?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnote
To lie in the presence of you god and to make a mockery of a dead mans beliefs is a pathetic way to promote you belief
Einstein Wrote
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Einstein Wrote
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
Along with parroting anothers posting format...

That's all REALLY, REALLY rather Freakish-as in stalker like freakish.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Maz, here is an article that describes how they know that ERV's are viruses. Not only do they look exactly like viruses, but when a ERV was separated from its genome it was able to infect the species:
"We know ERVs are actual remnants of viruses—and not just because they look exactly like viruses, although that should be evidence enough. In 2006, a team of French scientists actually revived an ERV from the human genome, which they dubbed "Phoenix." When introduced to a cluster of human cells, Phoenix was able to infect them—which would of course be impossible if Phoenix wasn't a real virus that actually infected one of our distant ancestors."
http://othersidereflections.blogspot.com/2011...
A sort of cellular, all-encompassing, burrowing, parasitic antigen, so to speak?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

theIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Au'Contraire, AIMs is no IT reference, in this instance anyway.
AIM aka -Ancestry Informative Markers.
Thank you though for the inadvertant compliment, but alas, I have no problem remembering Laurel and Hardy. In my day, the cubicles were shoulder heighth, and one would have to stand on a chair to over look the front sides of them, to the next dominos' of rows...much more accoustically preferable! I only sleep at night however,:-).
Well, I still don't trust those services who analyze your genes from a cheek swap. I'd love to have an analysis done but at this stage of the game, I think they only pick a low-hanging-fruit markers and then mail you a long history of some well known tribes. I suspect that my family tree isn't well documented and considerably more diverse than I was told.

Also, I suspect that they keep those records for more evil purposes. The gubbermint would want to know your preferred brand of toothpaste if you let them.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Maz, here is an article that describes how they know that ERV's are viruses. Not only do they look exactly like viruses, but when a ERV was separated from its genome it was able to infect the species:
"We know ERVs are actual remnants of viruses—and not just because they look exactly like viruses, although that should be evidence enough. In 2006, a team of French scientists actually revived an ERV from the human genome, which they dubbed "Phoenix." When introduced to a cluster of human cells, Phoenix was able to infect them—which would of course be impossible if Phoenix wasn't a real virus that actually infected one of our distant ancestors."
http://othersidereflections.blogspot.com/2011...
Interesting.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be smarter than the average bear but you are not smarter than the average human, that being me.
When you finally decide to actually address my post and the points and questions I present then you can reply to me.
For the moment this waffle, with NO research means you are a lazy quacker and will never win any point on a properly moderated one to one debate.
I can provide numerous examples of non shared and missing ervs. Why should I bother? I support each and every claim I make usually with peer reviewed researh and I have to put up with the likes of quackers like you and Dude providing nothing more than hot air that is usually outdated.
Here Dude is some support for a creationist paradigm.
Recent evaluation of the human genome sequencing data revealed that about 9% of the human genome is comprised of elements with long terminal repeats (LTRs)(LTR retrotransposons)(36, 43, 84) comprising over 200 families (30). The majority of these LTR elements, however, lack sequence similarity to retroviral genes within their internal region or constitute solitary LTRs.
Furthermore, there is evidence that transcription of at least some HERV families may be differentially regulated depending on the cell type. Characterization of promoter activities of HERV-K, HERV-H, HERV-E, ERV9, and HERV-W families, the most intensively studied HERVs, revealed specific cell type preferences for each HERV family, and even individual elements of one family showed significant variation in transcription pattern. In some cases, transcription factor binding sites that interact with cell type-specific nuclear factors could be identified, demonstrating that the expression of HERVs is regulated in a complex and diverse manner comparable to cellular genes.”
http://jvi.asm.org/cgi/content/full/79/1/341
http://jvi.asm.org/content/79/1/341.full
What Made the Same ERV Transcribe Differently Among Different Cell Types Within the Same Organism? Design explains it, not evolution.
Why are there NO Examples of an ERV that Has Been Recently "Endogenized" or Examples of ERVS that Have A Direct Exogenous Counterpart?
Because ervs are not the remnants of past retroviral infections. If they were and if so many had endogenized so much evos should be observing numerous examples now and the fact is they are not.
Above is just one line of evidence that evos are grabbing at sraws using a crytal ball and in actual fact there is no evidence that retrovirus can or do endogenize at all.
Rather the data demonstrates functionality and genomic material being positioned right where it needs to be to perform the function evolutionists spent over a decade telling us they did not have.
Hence, again, creationist claims and predictions are being validated in time whilst evolutionary claims and predictions are gradually being falsified and reinvented.
Go get a life Subby. Your point score demonstrates you actually do not have one!
"Most active members of HERV families were found in mRNA prepared from skin, thyroid gland, placenta, and tissues of reproductive organs. "

(as per the Comprehensive Analysis of Human Endogenous Retrovirus Transcriptional Activity in Human Tissues with a Retrovirus-Specific Microarray link)

Very interesting as well--but could that not be a little contradictory-if " ervs are not the remnants of past retroviral infections."...?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I still don't trust those services who analyze your genes from a cheek swap. I'd love to have an analysis done but at this stage of the game, I think they only pick a low-hanging-fruit markers and then mail you a long history of some well known tribes. I suspect that my family tree isn't well documented and considerably more diverse than I was told.
Also, I suspect that they keep those records for more evil purposes. The gubbermint would want to know your preferred brand of toothpaste if you let them.
Patriarchal baking soda. I don't think they made it in retroactively in any specific flavor though :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust the swabbies either-give 'em a raised eyebrow follicle at times I have lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple caveats to that. One is that there is no heaven. two is that there is no God. Therefore there was no 'God's will' being done on earth or in heaven.
But, during the 'Dark Ages' the Universal Church was interpreting the scripture it had...to mean whatever they wanted it to mean. They killed people indiscriminately and in general terrorized the whole population of Europe and parts of Asia. Millions were killed in the name of the Christian God.
Religion, no matter what the brand, is terribly corrosive to human life.
For some maybe--ever watched anyone obsess in worshiping, for example-"a gubbermint publically elected servant"? Or for another example, the obsessiveness that many of the more "famed" people have to endure at times, from those wretchedly nosey, publicity seeking hound paparrazi types?

But for MANY others, it is quite a simple task, to seperate fantasy from reality, unobsessively.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not.
Me either.
That's what e-readers w/original authorings are for lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
Continued:
<quoted text>
No shite Sherlock! This is because to be passed on to the offspring it must infect a germ-line cell. It must also *not* kill the organism or damage its reproductive capability before it is able to procreate. This is rare, especially due to the random nature of retroviral insertion. While they are more likely to attack some areas more than others (sometimes called comfort zones) these areas are still spread out across half the genome (approximately 1.5 billion bases). And germ line infection is certainly no guarantee. THAT is why.
<quoted text>
Then how do you explain orthology? How do you explain why ERV's look like ERV's? How do you explain that supposedly purely functional components which only LOOK like ERV's can be resurrected FROM these markers artificially with the result acting EXACTLY like a retrovirus does?
<quoted text>
Really now? Because I've addressed your queries and for weeks and STILL not had my questions answered. But the most important question you have been unable to answer is how can you claim to have a scientific position given your EXTREMELY hypocritical and dishonest approach to the subject?
Remember, God is watching...
Keep telling those lies, Skippy.
How do you explain that supposedly purely functional components which only LOOK like ERV's can be resurrected FROM these markers artificially with the result acting EXACTLY like a retrovirus does?

That's the part that I found to perhaps be a little "contrary"

too!!(I think, if the processing is accurate enough anyway)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have anything to actually say, or are you pleased with typing random words on the keyboard forming incoherent sentences for all your posts?
Try a prier dictionary instead, you might understand, few of the little words then.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know you have a soul? Have you seen it? Have you felt it? Have you heard it? Have you touched it? What does it look like? What color is it? Is it long or short? Is it round, oblong, square, triangular?
If you believe that God created everything according to the Bible, that is fine. I have no wish to interfer with the faith of another, but many of us have asked questions about the contradictions and unbelievable concepts within the Bible and have discovered that the true believers can't answer these things. The true believer ignores them. If Christianity can't accept or understand that people either don't believe, or have large questions that are left unanswered, then it is a weak religion at best and at worst a cult.
Unless someone provides the world with evidence supporting the existence of a soul, even just one soul, then asking where some souls are going to go is a pointless question.
Before you reply I feel it only fair to point out that I believe in God. I just don't follow a literal interpretation of the Bible as being a word for word, dead on accurate recitation of the God's words. I can't prove God exists and I don't bother to try nor worry about it. My belief is not threatened by science or the theory of evolution. What I do try, and actively, is go up against people that want to replace fact-based science with their own version of what they believe. Just because you believe does not make it so and the only facts that fundamentalists and other Christians can provide is the Bible. A book rife with contradiction. This is not to say that there isn't wisdom in the Bible and that it isn't a good basis for a theology and morality. It is not a science book.
Quantum Physics-the NEXT frontier (as it it actually still relatively unchartered,in the BIG scope of the universal picture)

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you have so little. If there was a life after death, time becomes meaningless, life itself becomes meaningless simply because it is such a short time.
I hadn't thought of it that way. What a very good and interesting point you make.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum Physics-the NEXT frontier (as it it actually still relatively unchartered,in the BIG scope of the universal picture)
Alexander looked at the length and bredth of his kingdom and wept for there were no more worlds to conquer. Alexander had a very limited view of the world. There is so much uncharted water and quantum physics is only one sea among many.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Those pesky gravitationists, they're insane.
The gravitationalists had been poised on the cusp of taking over, but something has been holding them down.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The gravitationalists had been poised on the cusp of taking over, but something has been holding them down.
Yeah, they keep falling on their faces.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

"The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church’s public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." Gary North

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church’s public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel. Gary North

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

What in the heck happened with the double-post....sorry admin, take the top one if you will.
Kthnx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,041 - 61,060 of105,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

251 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min honeymylove 131,568
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 8 min Proud To Be Trina 2,225
If you HAD to marry someone on TOPIX, who would... 8 min dragoon70056 56
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 10 min Hitesrunprincess 34,888
a-z of music (Mar '08) 12 min Crazy Beautiful 20,571
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min tallyho 33,430
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 16 min Chilli J 12,329
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min Wildbluerose 11,626
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 50 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 237
•••
•••
•••
•••