Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65137 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Alexander looked at the length and bredth of his kingdom and wept for there were no more worlds to conquer. Alexander had a very limited view of the world. There is so much uncharted water and quantum physics is only one sea among many.
Alexander needed a better way, other than belligerrently conquering others :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65139 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>When you twist and turn science to take into account the equivalent of the Tooth Fairy you are going to get some very twisted science as a result.
I can't logic anyone calling a book full of recorded history of ancient civilizations, a "fairy tale" either. Add warped to twisted, and I will gladly second that notion.
Just for ONE small example in the many pages of time recorded--and for instance--

Battles of Megiddo

Many battles have taken place near the town of Megiddo, Palestine, but only those during the last three and a half millennia are known.

Megiddo is a tel, a hill made of 26 layers of the ruins of ancient cities in a strategic location at the head of a pass through the Carmel Ridge, which overlooks the Jezreel Valley from the south. Megiddo was a site of great importance in ancient world, as it guarded the western branch of Via Maris, an ancient trade route from Egypt to Mesopotamia.

The site was inhabited from 7000 BC to 500 BC. Modern Megiddo is nearby. The neighboring Mount Megiddo (Har-megiddo in Hebrew), gave its name to the Armageddon of the Christian Bible.

A list of known battles follows.
Battle of 1469 BC
This is the first battle in all of history about which reliable detailed information survives. Pharaoh Tutmoses III conquered Canaan in an early expansion of the Egyptian Empire.
Battle of 609 BC
The forces of Egypt fought those of the Kingdom of Judah. Egypt under Necho II was allied with the Assyrians against the Babylonians. Rushing to help the Assyrians, the Egyptians were blocked on Via Maris by the army of Judah, led by its king Josiah. The Egyptians prevailed over Judah, and Josiah was killed. However, Egypt was not able to prevent a Babylonian victory over the Assyrians four years later.

Battle of 1918
The battle of September 19-21, 1918, was an important milestone in British General Edmund Allenby's conquest of Palestine during World War I. His forces made a massive push into the Ezdraelon Valley from the west, through the Carmel Ridge then engulfed the Turkish forces in the valley and on the River Jordan. When he was created a viscount, Allenby took the name of this battle as his own, becoming the First Viscount Allenby of Megiddo.
---------

he Battle of Megiddo is the first battle that was recorded in detail and for posterity. Pharaoh Thutmose III's military scribe inscribed it in hieroglyphs at Thutmose's temple at Karnak, Thebes (now Luxor). Not only is this the first extant, detailed battle description, but it is the first written reference to the religiously important Megiddo: Megiddo is also known as Armageddon.

Historically, Megiddo was an important city because it overlooked the route from Egypt through Syria to Mesopotamia. If an enemy of Egypt controlled Megiddo, it could block the pharaoh from reaching the rest of his empire.
In approximately 1479 B.C., Thutmose III, pharaoh of Egypt, led an expedition against the prince of Kadesh who was in Megiddo.
Battle of Megiddo - Background:

After holding at Romani in August 1916, British troops began advancing across the Sinai Peninsula. Winning minor victories at Magdhaba and Rafa, their campaign was finally halted in front of Gaza by Ottoman forces in March 1917. After a second attempt against the city failed, command of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force passed to General Sir Edmund Allenby. Renewing the Allied offensive in late October, Allenby shattered the enemy defenses at the Third Battle of Gaza. Rapidly advancing, he entered Jerusalem in December. Though Allenby intended to crush the Ottomans in the spring of 1918, he was quickly forced on the defensive when the bulk of his troops were reassigned to aid in defeating the German Spring Offensives on the Western Front. Holding along a line running from the Mediterranean east to the Jordan River, Allenby was slowly reinforced during the summer...
(some links from somewhere on some web--why even bother to rewrite what was already)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65141 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s what I love to see, a moron who has no counter arguments but is too pig headed to admit the fact.
Yes proof, not the cherry picked, quote mined garbage you have been offering but actual proof with copies of his writings on the subject of his feelings towards gods and your god in general, religion, faith etc.
However if you can provide similar proof then please feel free because really your word and you lies and offensive and slanderous comments don’t mean squat.
I already did--sorry you missed it.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65142 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you fumbling in the dark, the required sources were posted in the previous post. I know you don’t like truth and fact but that’s your problem, live with it
<quoted text>
Honey it was you seen and proven to be lying in the face of your god, it was you distorting a dead mans belief, I was simply pointing out haw pathetic that is.
If you consider facts to be false accusations then the problem is you personality and eductaion. All you have to do is cite sources for your claim and they will be examined, as yet you have been unable to do so however my sources however are beyond doubt
Honey, if you don’t like me taking the p|ss out of your lying posts then don’t post lies on a public thread.
I'm not an "honey" of yours, so please save your nothing but ego tripping rudeness of ignorance- for anyone that is.

I enjoyed my OWN researched links, found them to be MORE than enough, and very credible.

Not my problem--whatever you're problem is...and YOU do seem to have one, calling dead people and their interviewers "liars".

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#65143 Dec 14, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did--sorry you missed it.
Did what – chicken out?

Because you have never – let me repeat

N - E - V - E - R

provided any objective evidence for what you claim.

You have made statements, you have copied and pasted from apologetics sites (without citation) but you have never actually cited evidence.

I would however welcome if you did, it would at least make you look less of a blithering idiot, but don’t ask me to hold my breath while you do it

Level 6

#65144 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm not an "honey" of yours, so please save your nothing but ego tripping rudeness of ignorance- for anyone that is.
I enjoyed my OWN researched links, found them to be MORE than enough, and very credible.
Not my problem--whatever you're problem is...and YOU do seem to have one, calling dead people and their interviewers "liars".
Right honey,

You may have your own “research links” but until you show us what those links are then they are worthless in any argument

I have offered proof, I have linked you to pages that show the passages Einstein wrote, both in his native language and translated into English. What have you provided, nothing that’s N – O – T – H – I – N – G but lies and bullcrap.

I have left the way open for you to supply your evidence, I have asked that you supply your evidence, it is no ones fault but your own that you have been unable to do that
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65145 Dec 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're experiencing an excess of mirth tonight! Well, at least you caught my typo without jumping on it.
No, I don't think that science has genuinely mapped too much of the genome, and what they have matched would be very telling of their agendas. It wouldn't surprise me if there were several factions out there, determined to identify the Jews, Gypsies, Native Americans and other "impurities" that have infiltrated the exquisite White Mother's world, hiding behind white skin.(or some other self-important, bigoted, megolamaniacal, label!)
We're so obsessed with imprisoning gas-and-go thieves, we'll never know what hit us. As we speak, nouveau-riche Yale preppies who think of themselves as some Jeffersonian "natural-born ruling class" are inventing the barriers to success that conservative businessmen will be embracing tomorrow. One hand washes the other, as usual. Real liberalism is dead in this country. The real trouble has yet to begin.
Anyway, a little capriciousness goes a long way. Don't get caught on the wrong side of the walls when they're built. As I see it, the Evolution crowd needs a Devil's advocate, but I don't consider myself an expendable devil, if you know what I mean!!
Ah...not in my genetics to "jump on typos" out of hateful ignorance, just for some weak validation of denial of ones own ineptness :-). If and when I do so, I do so in good natured preference, and for the mere "funning" of it :-). Unless of course it would be a situation where such would matter an iota, but that is another whole realm.

Diametrically, I wouldn't consider Yalies as noveua anything-most especially "rich". FAR, far from it lol. Liberals are generally to "liberal" to be such lol. I would have to entitle THAt type of brainlessnes to the "Harvard" up-turned squeak and squeal pig snouters types lol. You know, the ones that fathom themselves to be some sort of dieties on earth, with nary a flaw, or never an incorrect bone-oh my-oh heavens no!:-)
I prefer paths of REALITY, and finding ways of crossing o'er the many stumbling stones that litter it.
I find it's much just easier, and much kinder on the whole existential being then...because running into boulders all the times is NOT anyway to exist harmoniously, thank you :-).

Loved your description of the blending of the Hienz 57 world in which we live though lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65146 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Right honey,
You may have your own “research links” but until you show us what those links are then they are worthless in any argument
I have offered proof, I have linked you to pages that show the passages Einstein wrote, both in his native language and translated into English. What have you provided, nothing that’s N – O – T – H – I – N – G but lies and bullcrap.
I have left the way open for you to supply your evidence, I have asked that you supply your evidence, it is no ones fault but your own that you have been unable to do that
Like I said, sorry you missed it.

I don't WASTE time, redoing what has already been done,so, you're on your own.

Have a nice argument with yourself, as I find such behavior extremely ignorant, and that at the levels of pre-pubescent grade schoolers.

Cheers!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65147 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did what – chicken out?
Because you have never – let me repeat
N - E - V - E - R
provided any objective evidence for what you claim.
You have made statements, you have copied and pasted from apologetics sites (without citation) but you have never actually cited evidence.
I would however welcome if you did, it would at least make you look less of a blithering idiot, but don’t ask me to hold my breath while you do it
Have fun scrolling back through the pages and pages (and pages!!) of too, should you ever decide to grow up for a few minutes, and act like a rational, sane adult.

Level 6

#65148 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Like I said, sorry you missed it.
I don't WASTE time, redoing what has already been done,so, you're on your own.
Have a nice argument with yourself, as I find such behavior extremely ignorant, and that at the levels of pre-pubescent grade schoolers.
Cheers!
No you are not sorry, you are lying

What does it boil down to, quite simple, you are a liar and you prove it.

You may not be bothered but I have bothered and looked at at EVERY post you have addressed to me and guess what I did not find? I did not find what you claim to have done, in other words you are a liar and you prove yourself a liar with your lying posts

And you simply do not have the bottle to admit you are a liar in the face of the proof of your lies.

However you are welcome to do the good christian thing and lie about it, and ignore the consciences of your lies it’s what we have come to expect

The only thing worse than a liar is a christian liar who is to sh|t scared to admit he is a liar

Level 6

#65149 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Have fun scrolling back through the pages and pages (and pages!!) of too, should you ever decide to grow up for a few minutes, and act like a rational, sane adult.
Done that, you loose
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65150 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Done that, you loose
That's way I hang..and I LIKE it like that!!!

(and that's all that actually matters in this instance!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#65151 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not sorry, you are lying
What does it boil down to, quite simple, you are a liar and you prove it.
You may not be bothered but I have bothered and looked at at EVERY post you have addressed to me and guess what I did not find? I did not find what you claim to have done, in other words you are a liar and you prove yourself a liar with your lying posts
And you simply do not have the bottle to admit you are a liar in the face of the proof of your lies.
However you are welcome to do the good christian thing and lie about it, and ignore the consciences of your lies it’s what we have come to expect
The only thing worse than a liar is a christian liar who is to sh|t scared to admit he is a liar
No, the only thing worse is a stinking, ignorantpsychoTic type hypocrite-full of nothing but their only maniacal freakishness, that trolls around on random virtual message boards, doing nohting but calling dead people, their interviewers and others, "liars".

Might be a clue there for ya--something else fer you to keep busy at in researching-- for some of your seemingly favored "vent n hate" on others stuh-aisle.(twelve year old-phat crayons on sale now-whilsyt supplies last)

Have a nice day all the same!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#65152 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
What Contradiction do you see in the Bible?
Your soul is the ghost of you...the none body living breath of you. what shape does it need to have? What color do you think it is? You probably know who has felt your soul that you claim isn't there. people carry hurt/joy inside their souls...
I think the better question to pose is "what contradictions don't appear in the bible?" It's rife with double-speak, and "do as I say not as I do" templates and guidelines.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#65153 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
That's way I hang..and I LIKE it like that!!!
(and that's all that actually matters in this instance!)
If you could step back in time would you still fall in love with yourself all over again???

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#65154 Dec 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think a better analogy might be Tolkien vs. Rowling. J. K. Rowling has LOTS of recognition, but appeals to a different class of society and has very different expectations of the similar target audience.
Now, the basic characters of the two stories are very similar, but the roles played have very different consequences. Whereas Rowling is obsessed with class and education, Tolkien has more of a Karma approach to who fulfills what roles in his story. Granted, there is a royalty aspect in Tolkien that Rowling does not include, but that is just another part of the absolutely stereotypical male and female roles of leadership that separate matriarchies and patriarchies.
Neither is wrong, nor is either absolutely right, but for my part, I don't like Rowling much as she typically considers all males disposable in favor of the "chosen" one. That suggests a level of insecurity, and a divide and conquer strategy, that weakens matriarchal cultures.
Tolkien admits to a secondary role of women in leadership but I think he did his bet to give them roles, to include the killing of the second greatest power of evil in battle. Generally, I think he just accepts the natural roles that go along with sexual dimorphism.
Just my opinion.
don't worry about us women guys, we're a little too busy to be dissecting kid lit....

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#65155 Dec 14, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*Orgasm*
Yes...Yes...YESSSS!!
*Gasp*
Was...Was it as good for you as it was for me?
<lights cigarette>

<breathes in>

<wipes hair back>

<exhales>

<looks over at DF's face, waiting>

"Yeah. Yeah baby. It was great.

Don't be so insecure."

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#65156 Dec 14, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome and thank you ... I do. Very interesting.
In addition to the two gene discussion, that article demonstrates evolution on a micro scale. I don't understand how anyone could read that and not have the light bulb turn on in their head.
Well...the posters who disagree with you know nothing of science, barely know how to spell biology and hate their own mothers.

I'm joking about the mother's part, of course.

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#65157 Dec 14, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Science isn't really my thing and I know you're going to laugh but from a non science point of view maz has posted some pretty good stuff supporting id.
My back ground is faith mostly Jewish , Christian , and Islam.
I'm a scientist. Perhaps you should listen to me over Maz, who doesn't know the first thing about science.

Yes, I know, right? Crazy.

But I'm a scientist. I'll defer to you when we're talking about Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.

I have forgotten more than Maz has ever thought he has known about science and I'm here to tell you that there are no arguments against evolution in science. None. Not a single scientific theory has been presented in the last one hundred and sixty years that calls into question evolutionary theory. Not a single scientific hypothesis has proposed an alternative theory to evolution that unifies all biological phenomena under one explanatory umbrella.

There are no competing scientific theories to evolution. None. Evolution has never been disproved, not once. Hence it remains the framework theory of all biological sciences.

If you don't read science, I understand that you're ignorant of this. But here I am, telling you. And I can present innumerable scientific research papers that draw their hypotheses from evolutionary theory. Roughly two hundred thousand per year.

Read that figure again - 200 000 per year. All biological science is unified by evolutionary theory.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#65158 Dec 14, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends only to keep a species stable.
False.
How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occurred if evolution were true?
Mutation.

Yes, I know. You don't understand how mutation works. Yes, I know. You don't understand the first thing about molecular biology, which is why you can make such an absurd statement.

So...where do you want me to start?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min Roxie Darling 28,088
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Pisces 159,644
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 21 min Roxie Darling 10,212
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 25 min Roxie Darling 3,924
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 28 min Chilli J 4,582
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 31 min Cyan in CA 25,636
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 42 min Chilli J 4,142
News Will Alaska's weird winter be followed by equal... 1 hr I have a scientis... 33
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 39,931
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 3 hr Frozen 985
More from around the web