Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,961 - 60,980 of 113,284 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, if whomever "he" was that you are referencing-was talking about COMPUTERS--then YES, he WOULD be "correct"
TO which I've Already ACKNOWLEDGED the FACT.
Computing Dictionary
assertion definition
programming
1. An expression which, if false, indicates an error. Assertions are used for debugging by catching can't happen errors.
2. In logic programming, a new fact or rule added to the database by the program at run time. This is an extralogical or impure feature of logic programming languages.
(1997-06-30)
END of TTUE Story.
Did you have anything to actually say, or are you pleased with typing random words on the keyboard forming incoherent sentences for all your posts?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wow just wow! What makes you think I'm an Evolutionist?
Erm, what's an Evolutionist?

Is it anything like a Gravitationist?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes time valuable?
Get over yourself and move along. I am not going to post further on this freshman philosophical opining. Go find another forum for that.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, along those lines, there's an interesting article in Physorg today. One excerpt:
<<begin cut/paste>>
From two sites, Mlambalasi and nearby Magubike, she and members of her team, the Iringa Region Archaeological Project, uncovered artifacts that outline continuous human occupation between modern times and at least 200,000 years ago, including during a late Ice Age period when a near extinction-level event, or "genetic bottleneck," likely occurred.
<<end cut/paste>>
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-12-humanity-african...
Thanks for the link Kong. I guess YEC will have to push Noah and the Ark back 200,000 years, but that would put them closer to mitochondrial Eve.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wow just wow! What makes you think I'm an Evolutionist?
This is where they hang out in general. Nothing else. sorry. I sometimes ignore who posted what.
and just answer everyone in the same general spirit...don't you?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, what's an Evolutionist?
I have always orbited around the idea of being a gravitationalist if that is relative to your question?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, what's an Evolutionist?
Those pesky gravitationists, they're insane.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, along those lines, there's an interesting article in Physorg today. One excerpt:
<<begin cut/paste>>
From two sites, Mlambalasi and nearby Magubike, she and members of her team, the Iringa Region Archaeological Project, uncovered artifacts that outline continuous human occupation between modern times and at least 200,000 years ago, including during a late Ice Age period when a near extinction-level event, or "genetic bottleneck," likely occurred.
<<end cut/paste>>
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-12-humanity-african...
Here is a link to the abstract and a few other details in Quarternary International if anyone is interested.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Those pesky gravitationists, they're insane.
Heavy.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where they hang out in general. Nothing else. sorry. I sometimes ignore who posted what.
and just answer everyone in the same general spirit...don't you?
Yes, but I'm not a person who believes in the theories of evolution, especially that formulated by Charles Darwin.
theIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar enough with France or the French to decode that right. I'll assume AIMS is some internet teaching consortium, although there's many references to the acronym. If you're trying to be subtle, it's too subtle!...and I like getting information in return, when I give it!:)
If you're implying that the dialog here is not sufficiently in layman's language, ask! I don't mind explaining and I rarely allude to Internet culture, or at least make sure it's understood that I'm doing so. I'm tragically aware that I may be posting to someone half my age and unaware of things that I find commonplace. It's downright annoying when I find out that a twenty year old has never heard of Laurel and Hardy!
There's a few gaps in my day from work and sleep so when I post, it's those brief recreational moments! It would be bad to do forum talk while at work. They use those waist-high cubicles!
Au'Contraire, AIMs is no IT reference, in this instance anyway.

AIM aka -Ancestry Informative Markers.

Thank you though for the inadvertant compliment, but alas, I have no problem remembering Laurel and Hardy. In my day, the cubicles were shoulder heighth, and one would have to stand on a chair to over look the front sides of them, to the next dominos' of rows...much more accoustically preferable! I only sleep at night however,:-).

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no heaven, the souls of those who have faith in the one true God and are no longer breathing or medically 'alive' are where exactly? I didn't even address the whole 'there's no god' claim. I might puke.
God created Human life. Yours too. someone has corroded you perhaps,but there is a sweet reality inside the Love of God that has nothing to do with institutions...be they government/atheist or other religions.
How do you know you have a soul? Have you seen it? Have you felt it? Have you heard it? Have you touched it? What does it look like? What color is it? Is it long or short? Is it round, oblong, square, triangular?

If you believe that God created everything according to the Bible, that is fine. I have no wish to interfer with the faith of another, but many of us have asked questions about the contradictions and unbelievable concepts within the Bible and have discovered that the true believers can't answer these things. The true believer ignores them. If Christianity can't accept or understand that people either don't believe, or have large questions that are left unanswered, then it is a weak religion at best and at worst a cult.

Unless someone provides the world with evidence supporting the existence of a soul, even just one soul, then asking where some souls are going to go is a pointless question.

Before you reply I feel it only fair to point out that I believe in God. I just don't follow a literal interpretation of the Bible as being a word for word, dead on accurate recitation of the God's words. I can't prove God exists and I don't bother to try nor worry about it. My belief is not threatened by science or the theory of evolution. What I do try, and actively, is go up against people that want to replace fact-based science with their own version of what they believe. Just because you believe does not make it so and the only facts that fundamentalists and other Christians can provide is the Bible. A book rife with contradiction. This is not to say that there isn't wisdom in the Bible and that it isn't a good basis for a theology and morality. It is not a science book.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but I'm not a person who believes in the theories of evolution, especially that formulated by Charles Darwin.
Congratulations. apparently people can evolve into creationists. I'm not saying you're evidence. It was a completely random thought.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I fish wrote:
Oh I know! This could be my intro to the story about how Christians are oppressed through the workplace, the educational institutions etc. When saying abortion or homosexuality is wrong is to be a criminal. Loving Jesus and declaring Him as the hope for the world is to join the ‘dark’ side in the world that loves darkness. Aren’t there enough books that portray Christians as mind-washed robots following a God from the dark ages? A people that are born of tradition and not critical thinking skills? They (Christians) are public enemy number one….because of that book they read that declares that righteousness is something…besides indulging in all the things that go against nature. People want to indulge. Christians inhibit their indulgence. How? Christians indulge!... Even sin. Some still preach repentance… repenting from sin and turning toward a God of love and mercy. That is the ultimate submission-to-authority. Human authority will many times fail to keep this on the horizon. Jesus is the High Priest and those who embrace Him as such find freedom that makes their ’superiors’ jealous. To lift up the name of Jesus Christ as Lord over all…makes the wanna-be-lords over all upset.
You are trying to martyr Christian beliefs. A methodolgy of the suppression of openness, innovation, science and intellectual freedom that Christianity is perfecting to the point of nausea. Christianity is among the most populace religions in the World and is in one denomination or another, the primary religion of most Americans. How then are all these anti-Christian attacks being carried out and by whom. Other Christians?

Christianity is on the attack these days and propaganda about how Christianity is being attacked is the primary weapon of first strike. I tried reading your post and maybe I will try and continue despite what I posted previously, but my description seems to fit so far. It is not science that is forcing states to go to court. It is not science that is martyring itself to support its views. It is not science that is trying to rewrite history and change the origin of the US Constitution and the views of the people that founded the United States. It is not science that throws up misrepresented facts, misinformation and lies to defend its position. Stop and ask yourself if what you believe is so strong why does it have to be defended with such false warriors weilding fictional blades.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes time valuable?
The fact you have so little. If there was a life after death, time becomes meaningless, life itself becomes meaningless simply because it is such a short time.
Cameraman

Waupaca, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Sick of Stupid wrote:
In high school science there should be no talk of creationism. It is not science. Evolution, believe it or not is science. Creationism is a Christian MYTH. Creationism should be taught is high school. In history class, along with all the other mythology attached to other religions.
The story of Adam and Eve is no different than the stories of Greek mythology.
The Holy Bible, especially the Old Testament is a collection of Myths.
Moses parting the Red Sea...Myth
Noah and the Ark...Myth
Sodom and Gamora...Myth
Adam and Eve...Myth
Etc, Etc...
That is not to say the Bible is all myths, there are of course the gospels of the disiples, eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus, andthe same can be said for most other religions practiced today, mostly myth, and some historical accuracy.
Christian Mythology does not belong in a science class.
I guess the reason there are a whole bunch of Egyption chariots in the Red Sea is that they had a sale on them and no one bought any, so they just dumped them in the water.
theIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And I quoted directly from his letters, written by himself.
Not misinterpretations of his writing but actual, factual quotes, once again, if you don’t get on well with facts than tough
http://www.einsteinandreligion.com/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9583...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-04/eins...
http://uctaa.net/articles/meds2/med35/med684....
But hey if you want to make a mockery out of a clever mans life that entirely up to you to rationalise. If you want to lie for you belief and your god than I hope you sleep well on that dies of lies
Ladies and Gentlemen, behold, the evidentiary PROOF is in the putz- as presented above.

I sleep very well thank you. Glad you enjoyed MY references of direction.

###
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnote
To lie in the presence of you god and to make a mockery of a dead mans beliefs is a pathetic way to promote you belief
Einstein Wrote
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Einstein Wrote
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
Evidentiary presentation number two, above.

(albeit flawed-due to lacking of authenticatable, reliable source citation)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnote
To lie in the presence of you god and to make a mockery of a dead mans beliefs is a pathetic way to promote you belief
Einstein Wrote
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Einstein Wrote
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."
Or were you just making verbal threats and/or false accusations?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Footnote
Einstein Wrote
Einstein Wrote
Along with parroting anothers posting format...

That's all REALLY, REALLY rather Freakish-as in stalker like freakish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

192 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Independent1 16,044
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min Hidden Nikki 15,835
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 141,697
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Hidden Nikki 5,733
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 15 min dirty white boy- 13,081
Grammar Blogger Fired Over 'Homo' in 'Homophones' 26 min wichita-rick 5
Big dawg 33 min Harrison Freebird 2
Fisherman's wharf restaurant fields angry calls... 3 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 4
I Come To Topix Especially To Read Posts By (Jan '11) 5 hr honeymylove 4,241
•••
•••