Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209421 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65067 Dec 13, 2012
all of you, please join us tomorrow at the trial….and watch as this twisted world takes a step in the right direction. Weeding out the bold, the vengeful, the authoritative evils that can be so warped as to shoot life in cold blood. I have time for just a few questions.”
“Will there be any chance of mercy for the brister who shot the pig in light of the fact that she saved a human’s life?”
“While I can see the point of view you have…it seems to be based on the premise that a human’s life should be valued more than the life of a pig…I have to say no. I don’t believe mercy for shooting pigs in public (no matter the cause) should be given. I say long live all the pigs.”
“Do you think it still seems harsh being that the pig was on the attack? What would you have done? No offense.”
“I see. I would have injured or constrained the pig and exerted force without killing him in cold blood. Any More Questions?”
“What are the implications of this trial, and should this Brister B41 face death herself?”
“We’ve been going to some expense to build a specialty care center for behaviorally problematic pigs….we don’t just send demons {as if they exist} into them and send them over a cliff, we care, and that’s the difference. This trial will help us motivate the fund raisers for that specialty care organization…People will see the need and meet it. I have no doubt… If Brister B41 is not happy in a world that is pro-pigs…if she cannot find contentment beside a pig (and I mean a living pig, not the one she shot)…she is perhaps better off dead.”
“Do you think the rumor about her daughter’s recent death had anything to do with her mentality when she shot Wilbur?”
“Well I imagine it made her an excellent match for the pig’s angry state as well. Obviously she came out victorious and will claim it was for the sake of BristerI8U alone, but we will see if Wilbur can’t gain victory after his death.”

>>>>>>> >XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <<<<<<< <<

BristerB35 had kept to his resolve to stay strong. The reporter interview had been aired live. No one could doubt that the trial would take place in a like manner.
The trial never had a chance to take place.
In her cell Brister B41 had seen the interview that BristerB35 had done. She requested to write a note to BristerB41 and her request was granted. Hardly able to steady her pen, she scribbled down words. She did not live through the night. The cook brought her breakfast, but she would not move or make a sound. The preparations for the trial were going on fine, but her death was announced and a change of arrangements was made.
BristerB35 had been informed of her death while her body was still in her cell, he went there and the guard gave him the letter he had given her permission to write nearly ten hours since. BristerB35 drew near her body. Her hair was softly graying but still had hues of brown. He used to tell her it was green. And she would smile.“Hey green-hair” he whispered to her. Nothing. All he did was let some guttural groan escape and sit down next to her. He opened the letter and began to read.
Dear Sal,

Level 6

Location hidden

#65068 Dec 13, 2012
Your daughter was a beautiful woman; she reminded me of you sometimes. She loved to snack on cucumbers and salt too. She loved to garden and paint. She could have watched “The Parent Trap” every single day of her life. Her favorite Novel was “The Virginian”. She went everywhere on her motorcycle. She loved to copy accents and repeated phrases in the most comical and jesting manner imaginable. She always made me laugh saying “Mother you should love me more.” when she felt discouraged. She was without pretense. A gentleman once loved her and she loved him, but it didn’t work out because he had a previous engagement. She believed the bible literally. She believed there is one God who exists and revealed Himself to man and loves everyone equally even though one vessel might be made to be honorably used and another commonly used…she always repeated, it’s from the same lump of clay. Stressing “Same Lump” like a genuine altruist such as yourself. She loved the passage stating that “in Christ there is neither Slave nor free, Greek nor jew, Male nor Female For Christ is all and in all” Ironically her life ended at the hands of two individuals that she prayed for continually…and with whom she sought to share the love and truth of God. She couldn’t handle their assault on the Creator in their public demonstration of attachment, it truly made her vomit. This enraged them and they, without ceasing to laugh, beat her skull in with office equipment. She simply said “keep the faith” as she died in my arms. I came to Pipersburg not hoping to beseech you on behalf of myself but your daughter’s life and death. Please open your eyes and see that this system you’ve implemented leaves no room for love even in your own heart. In the name of justice and love you began your ‘selfishness-disguised-as-fair ness’ binge…meaning that people could appease your own wrath toward constraints in your life by accepting pigs etc. saying that nothing is vile…when indeed many things are vile in God’s eyes and should be in yours as well. He is a coward who cannot discipline in truth and love…Who cannot turn away from wrong in his own heart. Isn’t that what you abhorred in your very own parents? Refusing to give truth…only force. They were corrupt judges and leaders who listened to lies and so are you. What is good and right is fog to you. I hate how easily you are manipulated and not willing to disrupt the so called peace to stand for justice and truth. People are suffering and you’re clueless. I feel completely hurt, betrayed and frustrated by you, but we’re not married anymore. No. I’m mad at you. God loves you. Hear that? That’s the bottom line. Please; He’s real and his words must be shared. You’ve earned a voice. Speak the gospel…the good news that truly insures that people can be set free from oppression and find strength to live by the Holy Spirit. I’m growing weary…speaking of strength…. Wow. Our beautiful daughter…I think we’ll be together again momentarily. Come too. Remember the young people like your daughter. They are oppressed in huge numbers. You need to punish evil not good, you and your stupid pigs. Here’s a recipe for ham and balck bean soup…the rum makes it really good….use Wilbur. Invite some vegans.(here she had included a detailed recipe for ham and blackbean soup).

Level 6

Location hidden

#65069 Dec 13, 2012
She had ALWAYS loved that soup…and made it when he knew her a long time ago…on a camping trip. Some Puerto Ricans had been camping by them….even they had complimented the soup (there had been a lot of it).
Brister J35 set the letter down feeling quite sick to his stomach. His face was pale. He sank to the floor. He was found two hours later by his attendants who quickly took him to the hospital. He was not speaking. He was altered, clearly. No doubt some physical ailment had suddenly come over him. When he came to himself a week later, much weaker, it seemed his authority had been wrenched from his hands. Another Brister had taken his place during his sickness. He found himself at the mercy of a graduate from one of the finest schools in Pipersburg. Brister737 become a care-provider…She had actually attended Wilbur on his deathbed as well. New to him was the rule that patients are not to communicate…they are to be observed. He wasn’t exactly sure how or why this rule was part of the private protect pigs rights act from 2019… but it was there. He had begun asking questions and was abruptly told to stay silent, abandoned and locked in a solitary confinement with a water fountain for his health and relaxation…also a bed of hay and a bathtub filled with mud. This was the highest level of care offered at the hospital…others were still recovering or had finally reached the end…

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#65070 Dec 13, 2012
Fish, do you REALLY think anyone's going to read all that?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#65071 Dec 13, 2012
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!!!! Thank you for your sacrifice for us all.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65072 Dec 13, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Stop playing with yourself, Dude. Do you lot of boofheads really think your ignorance and gobble outweights the supported claims?
But it is their age that makes these tracks so special: 18 million years older than the earliest known tetrapod body fossils, and 10 million years older than the oldest elpistostegids — Tiktaalik , Panderichthys and their relatives, seen as transitional forms between fishes and tetrapods. The finds suggests that the elpistostegids that we know were late-surviving relics rather than direct transitional forms, and they highlight just how little we know of the earliest history of land vertebrates.
Tiktaalik was predicted. Also just because we find one fossil at around 380MYA that does NOT discount the possibility of finding similar organisms at an earlier date. As that would be STUPID. We go by the evidence available. And at the time Tiktaalik was found that was the earliest example we had. Pushing the time of transition back 20MY is NOT a big deal on a geological scale. If it was pushed back say 200MYA THEN maybe we'd have a problem.
MazHere wrote:
Here is another evo idiot that sporookes about past famous posts that can never repost them or ask these wonderful questions ever again.
Suck it up Dude. I have to repeat myself again for every looser that drops by. Repost questions Dude child. The answer this one.
How can you tell the difference between a recently inserted erv and not? The answer is you can't.
What are you talking about? I've done it twice now. So has Sub. It's called orthology. And ortholog ERV's in chimps and humans should also be genetically different by approximately the same difference between their genomes as a whole. You haven't even bothered responding to me for weeks. That's because your hypocrisy debunks yourself from the start. And you repeat yourself because you love to preach and pretend we haven't addressed your BS.
MazHere wrote:
You may try something called evidence one day.
Stop messing with the irony meters Maz. JEWMAGIC ring a bell?
MazHere wrote:
Don't be a dork. If evos can hand wave away anything that does not suit, effectively your erv evidence is a raught and unfalsifiable.
Then show us syncytin-1 in ortholog in a kangaroo.
MazHere wrote:
Remarkably, we have found many cases of parallel intron gains blah
Quoting pieces from science articles then pretending they support you is NOT impressive.
MazHere wrote:
Quack quack. Evidence please. Make it peer reviewed seeing as you lot like to quack about it so much yet NEVER present any. Anything you provide, if you bothered, has a base of maybe and perhaps.
Bub, you've been shown over 300,000 peer-reviewed articles on evolution. But since all you ever do is take all peer-reviewed articles on evolution and misrepresent the authors by claiming it really supports Goddidit with magic, don't you think it's a little hypocritical of you to ask?

No, of course not. You're a liar for Jesus.(shrug) But here you go:

http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/11/f...

And in the meantime the 'Scientific Theory of Creationists' was validated here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Level 6

Location hidden

#65073 Dec 13, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
It's so interesting.
Jesus Sanchez

Branford, CT

#65074 Dec 13, 2012
CBOW wrote:
Thank you very much.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#65075 Dec 13, 2012
Jesus Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much.
Is it your birthday, too? If so, Happy Birthday to you Hesus.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65076 Dec 13, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Yes actually I do. Evos have never observed reverse transcribe in action endogenizing into any genome. It is theoretical modelling and is likely screwing up any possibility of medical advancement on genetic therapies.
It seems strange that there are NO examples of gene transduction by retrovirus into the germline of new hosts. Why is it that DNA viruses that have the theroized capacity to integrate into the host DNA not been detected in the germ line.
Then how do you explain orthology?
MazHere wrote:
But most importantly there are many examples of missing ervs in mankind and those that nest gorilla with chimp to the exclusion of man. These are hand waved away on nothing more than a preconceived assumption all of it being dependent on boot strapping to an already preconcluded assumption.
Your theory that ervs MAY be the result of past retroviral infection is not substantiated in any way. Indeed you cannot tell if these functional remnants caused retorvirus, which is more likely. Evo assumptions are purely theoretical from top to bottom and is going exactly the same way all the evo gobble went around junk dna in general, falsification with more stories to follow.
Functional "remnants"? Maz. THERE ARE NO FUNCTIONAL "REMNANTS!" You've been telling us 100% of the genome has function. Either the genomes are completely functional or you've been wrong all this time. In the meantime us evo's are resurrecting ancient ERV's
MazHere wrote:
Evos needed junk, refuse and vestigiallity. Creos need functionality with no refuse to support a created genome. Evos junk is being taken from their quivering hands to demonstrate that TOE has the predictive capacity of a crystal ball and rests on the psuedo science of being unfalsifiable and unstable. Evos will eventually align themselves with creationists, and invent a plethora of ridiculous myths to back peddle and will still look all scientifically retarded. Ha ha!
BTW...I see the evotards are back discussing BS philosophies again
I see Subby has disappeared after stomping his feet so much over ervs that they have ended up in his mouth.
Except as my previous PT link demonstrated there are 30 broken copies of HERV-K. We also have broken vitamin C genes shared with the other great apes. If common ancestry is false then they shouldn't be broken at the same place. So we test this by comparing the genes in the different ape species and what do we find? Yup - they ARE broken at the same place. Which only makes sense under common ancestry. This falsifies your claim that evolution is non-falsifiable, although I have already demonstrated many times that evolution is not non-falsifiable by providing numerous examples in the past. It also falsifies your particular prediction that the genome will be found to be 100% functional.

Of course that can EASILY be fixed by applying your NON-scientific NON-falsifiable alternative "explanation" - GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC. Which is a MONUMENTALLY hypocritical stance to argue from. ESPECIALLY as a YEC invoking evidence you already reject for theological reasons to pretend that science "proves evolution false".

But then how can it prove evolution false if evolution is as you say unfalsifiable? And if it's unfalsifiable then why do you keep claiming stuff proves evolution is false? And since you're a YEC then how can you use evidence which you say doesn't exist anyway proves evolution false? And as MAGIC is your alternative why are you pretending to be interested in evidence?

Hypocrite.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#65077 Dec 13, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
I'm not.

Level 9

into the night.

#65078 Dec 13, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
I can hardly read and decipher what Maz writes. I am not going to waste valuable time on over-sized short fiction.

Level 9

into the night.

#65079 Dec 13, 2012
Somebody wrote a comment on here that Noah was the genetic bottleneck seen at the time of the flood. I think it was rustle, but I could be wrong. That this statement is completely wrong escaped me at the time so I thought I would post a comment now.

There are no known genetic bottlenecks in humans or other animals that coincide with the described timing of the debunked worldwide flood. Thus Noah could not be the bottleneck as none exists.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65080 Dec 13, 2012
MazHere wrote:
You may be smarter than the average bear but you are not smarter than the average human, that being me.
Yep, you're a typical average creationist. Your hypocrisy has been exposed many times over. And ultimately your position is science is wrong because an invisible magic Jew did it. How is that smart?

So yes, he IS smarter than you.
MazHere wrote:
When you finally decide to actually address my post and the points and questions I present then you can reply to me.
Another irony meter gone.
MazHere wrote:
I can provide numerous examples of non shared and missing ervs. Why should I bother?
Because non-shared ERV's aren't evidence of evolution, therefore we do not claim them to be evidence of evolution. However all we need is just one shared ERV to demonstrate evolution. It just turns out we aren't limited to only one.
MazHere wrote:
I support each and every claim I make usually with peer reviewed researh and I have to put up with the likes of quackers like you and Dude providing nothing more than hot air that is usually outdated.
No, you post evolution papers and misrepresent the authors. What's more, you already reject the science involved anyway so cannot use it. You can't use science you reject for theological reasons to claim science you reject for theological reasons is false for scientific reasons you reject for theological reasons.

That would be dishonest of you. And also plain STUPID.
MazHere wrote:
Here Dude is some support for a creationist paradigm.

(skip for space the linkys to evolution papers which actually support evolution and not Goddidit with magic 6,000 years ago)

What Made the Same ERV Transcribe Differently Among Different Cell Types Within the Same Organism?
Read the papers more carefully.
MazHere wrote:
Design explains it, not evolution.
Then you still need:

1 - An explanation (and evidence) of the mechanism that produced them.

2 - Reason for orthology consistent with nested hierarchies.

3 - Reason why they look like ERVs.

4 - Why they act like retroviruses when put together artificially.

5 - Why ortholog markers show differences consistent with nested hierarchies and genetic drift.

6 - Why they are even referred to as ERVs in the first place if they are not actually ERVs.

7 - Why they are using evolutionary evidence they claim doesn't even work because the Earth wasn't even around then.

8 - Why they are claiming their BS is scientific when their alternative is Godmagic.

9 - Why bother talking about evidence as it's irrelevant to magic.

10 - Why they keep lying.
MazHere wrote:
Why are there NO Examples of an ERV that Has Been Recently "Endogenized" or Examples of ERVS that Have A Direct Exogenous Counterpart?
Not citing the sources is dishonest:

http://www.whoisyourcreator.com/endogenous_re...

Busted.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65081 Dec 13, 2012
Continued:
MazHere wrote:
Because ervs are not the remnants of past retroviral infections. If they were and if so many had endogenized so much evos should be observing numerous examples now and the fact is they are not.
No shite Sherlock! This is because to be passed on to the offspring it must infect a germ-line cell. It must also *not* kill the organism or damage its reproductive capability before it is able to procreate. This is rare, especially due to the random nature of retroviral insertion. While they are more likely to attack some areas more than others (sometimes called comfort zones) these areas are still spread out across half the genome (approximately 1.5 billion bases). And germ line infection is certainly no guarantee. THAT is why.
MazHere wrote:
Above is just one line of evidence that evos are grabbing at sraws using a crytal ball and in actual fact there is no evidence that retrovirus can or do endogenize at all. Rather the data demonstrates functionality and genomic material being positioned right where it needs to be to perform the function evolutionists spent over a decade telling us they did not have.
Then how do you explain orthology? How do you explain why ERV's look like ERV's? How do you explain that supposedly purely functional components which only LOOK like ERV's can be resurrected FROM these markers artificially with the result acting EXACTLY like a retrovirus does?
MazHere wrote:
Hence, again, creationist claims and predictions are being validated in time whilst evolutionary claims and predictions are gradually being falsified and reinvented.
Go get a life Subby. Your point score demonstrates you actually do not have one!
Really now? Because I've addressed your queries and for weeks and STILL not had my questions answered. But the most important question you have been unable to answer is how can you claim to have a scientific position given your EXTREMELY hypocritical and dishonest approach to the subject?

Remember, God is watching...

Keep telling those lies, Skippy.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65082 Dec 13, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no heaven, the souls of those who have faith in the one true God and are no longer breathing or medically 'alive' are where exactly? I didn't even address the whole 'there's no god' claim. I might puke.
God created Human life. Yours too. someone has corroded you perhaps,but there is a sweet reality inside the Love of God that has nothing to do with institutions...be they government/atheist or other religions.
Oh joy. Preaching.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65083 Dec 13, 2012
CBOW wrote:
He bought all the beer?

Level 6

Location hidden

#65084 Dec 13, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I can hardly read and decipher what Maz writes. I am not going to waste valuable time on over-sized short fiction.
What makes time valuable?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65085 Dec 13, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Somebody wrote a comment on here that Noah was the genetic bottleneck seen at the time of the flood. I think it was rustle, but I could be wrong. That this statement is completely wrong escaped me at the time so I thought I would post a comment now.
There are no known genetic bottlenecks in humans or other animals that coincide with the described timing of the debunked worldwide flood. Thus Noah could not be the bottleneck as none exists.
Correct. The most recent major bottleneck is from around the last ice age if I recall, which is a few thousand years too early. Of course since creationists like to bastardize dating techniques completely they would certainly try to claim wriggle room and say what's another 5,000 years? Except the bottleneck also points that the population went down to the tens of thousands, not a mere 8 people. His bottleneck should also coincide with identical bottlenecks across all species that were on the Ark. But they don't exist either. But then you are dealing with someone who claims mitochondrial Adam and Eve were the ACTUAL Adam and Eve, despite living thousands of years apart.

What Noah needed was the USS Enterprise. THEN maybe their story would work.

Either that or Godmagic.
FREE SERVANT
#65086 Dec 13, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so interesting.
Wow just wow! What makes you think I'm an Evolutionist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Princess Hey 200,694
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 18 min 8541 MARINE 61,373
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 37 min Ricky F 10,941
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 50 min Bezeer 4,033
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 33,637
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 1 hr Bezeer 3,302
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Bezeer 14,494
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 147,148
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 hr GLEN CARTER 5,017
News Police Respond To St. Cloud Mall On Reports Of ... 6 hr Newt G s Next Wife 128
More from around the web