Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,641 - 60,660 of 114,579 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
INCOMPLETE as well.
Our dear Charles exists therefor his god canít, at any speed.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

<quoted text>
Hardly. The Middle East seems to have other ideas as of the past two years.
Let 'em have it--but we don't have to support it!
Yes, that would seem to be a freedom of choice, but both Islam and Christianity feel compelled to create conflict. Right now, we don't meddle, but not for the right reasons. We're just cashing in on the naturally bad governments created by theocracies.

Tomorrow, Islam will have new theocracies with no means of establishing order other than to demonize the West and rationalize more dictatorships. Nothing has changed. Past dictatorships have just reached their expiration dates.

The Islamic world doesn't need an "Arab Spring". They need hundreds of years of their own Enlightenment and a commitment to industrialization before they can coexist with us. Until then, we're just buying their oil and arming their dictatorships, while they use human beings as bomb delivery mechanisms while funding privateers under the banner of religion.

...and the sheep have nowhere to go but back to the herd.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually God is an incomplete abstraction of the mind, and the vision of it is not a universal one.
Imagine a filter mechanism in the various lobes of the brain. It focuses the cells that abstract out reason on things that portions of the brain specialize in. They are responsible for the intuitive flashes that are not part of scientific reasoning, but are also prone to unverifiable mistakes, hence we have the term "bigotry".
Most mentally healthy people have their center of focus in the frontal lobes while people like you are elsewhere. The more maladjusted, the more likely the individual will move away from their frontal lobes, even to the point of making them the enemy, as you have.
The question is, what is it that drives you away from reason? As you are across a large ocean, in a land that's not known for stable culture, I have to say, I don't care much. Collectively, your country isn't among those that value order, so I don't think my efforts would be well received.
Translation: You're on your own, Chuckles! You're in a burning building and it's too far gone for anyone to risk their own lives to try to save you. You may want to start respecting those frontal lobes a bit more! The magic isn't working and Uncle Sam is wising up on pouring money into crime-lord territories. Einstein isn't around to be anyone's shill either, not that he ever wanted to be one.
You have vividly outlined your attributes. That is generous of you.
Big bang and others, are just an excuse or guess to side line God.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> By saying God of all gods, i meant that God is above other gods, that are either made from rock, soil, clay, plants, etc. All these are God's creation.
....and I still don't care how you read the bones!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think there are evidence of extraterrestrial life out there?
Personally I think there is, yes.
Cybele wrote:
Here ya go:
http://www.popsci.com/category/tags/extraterr...
If you are right, then we wouldn't be wasting our time sending Curiosity rover to explore Mars and see if it can find any signs of life there. We wouldn't be using complex technology to search for alien life on other planets and other galaxies. Unfortunately, not all scientists will agree with you and not all are skeptics like you. You see, evidence of organic compounds found on asteroids or meteorites are difficult to fake.
Then we both agree then that we've found no evidence yet of extra-terrestrial life and that all these scientific findings you've provided support that? Jolly good!

See what they have found is evidence that organic compounds can indeed form naturally out there in the universe. Hence considering the sheer vastness of the universe it is probably quite likely that there are alien forms of life elsewhere. Perhaps even advanced civilisations. We have no evidence so far though due to the likely great distances involved and the problems of reaching them.

But does this justify little green men visiting Earth to leave patterns in crops, kill our beef and abduct people for weird sexual experiments?

No.
Cybele wrote:
Unlike fossils that can easily be manufactured in China.
... which later turned out to be produced by con-artists selling to private collectors, and found to be faked by combining two different fossils together, thanks to evolution. You left that part out ya know, where it was the evolutionist using evolutionary science that you reject to discover the fraud in the first place. And the resulting two fossils turned out to be fine examples of evolution. And since you reject said theory based on your own incredulity you should therefore be claiming that said Chinese fraud is actually a genuine fossil of a once living organism. Or forever be known as an ignorant hypocrite like Maz, Russ and all the other fundies.

Comprende?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2 Ė there ya go, used
Yes it can, just because you donít understand MRI techniques and psychology is no ones fault but you own
Wrong, Einstein though religion was childish and by the time his life was drawing to an end he was heartily sick of regluterds like you LYING about what he thought. This is documented on several occasions so why do you lie for you god? WHY?, does it make you feel closer to him?
No need for all these questions.
The bible said, after death is judgement. Before your judgement, ask those questions to God.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then from your premise, we don't need a psychologist, liar!
Psychology here, is more functional than any machine.
God's existence is beyond science.
How many times have I told you not to make LYING and UNTRUE claims about what I think? Yet you continue to be the same old ignorant T\/\/AT you have proven yourself to be.

You are the ignorant moron who claims that dreams and behaviour cannot be measured, and you have been proven wrong, yet again. Stop projecting like a 10000Watt LYING christian

And still you have not answered the questions and still you have offered nothing but unverified opinion but what are we to expect from such an ignorant moron as you?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> By saying God of all gods, i meant that God is above other gods, that are either made from rock, soil, clay, plants, etc. All these are God's creation.
Thatís not what you babble says but hey, the babble does not agree with you anyway does it?

It says he joined with the other gods, it does NOT say he made them, it says he was jealouse of them, what god would be jealous of rock, soil, clay, plants, etc.

You are in too deep and you have no clue how to get out so all you can do is lie more and more, You know your god of the mind is not proud of your lies?

Why do you delude yourself?

Donít answer that, we know that in your ignorance you cannot help it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
Here you go. And yet those Christian scientist are still upholding what is false.
Except for the fact that we CAN back up our claims. You CAN'T debunk them. And the fact that Christians also accept science that you reject for theological reasons shows that you are LYING by claiming anything you disagree with is about denying God.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Just keep quiet and face reality.
We do face reality, but we won't keep quiet. Does that bother ya? Tough.
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is real and no one can deny that, except liars under the guise of science.
That's not what science does. Science merely demonstrates that if a god exists it did things a little differently than the way you think it did. God is not limited by your ignorance.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Before running away. GIVE your life to Jesus christ. Accept him as your lord and saviour. All humans are mortals, except God and the spirits. Compliments of the season.
Before running away. GIVE your life to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. All humans are mortals, except God and the Spirits of the Holy Beer Volcano. Compliments of the season.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

<quoted text>
So why do people even WASTE time on SUCH stupidity.
To show to mooks like Chuck that his baseless religious opinions aren't any better than anyone else's, period.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2 Ė there ya go, used
Yes it can, just because you donít understand MRI techniques and psychology is no ones fault but you own
Wrong, Einstein though religion was childish and by the time his life was drawing to an end he was heartily sick of regluterds like you LYING about what he thought. This is documented on several occasions so why do you lie for you god? WHY?, does it make you feel closer to him?
WRONG-WRONG-and WRONG.

You seem to be a classic example of that river in Egypt--dat one dey callz DE NIAL ==ESPECIALLY of the TRUTH .

And in true hateful free speech ofagnostic form, I shall add--Hedonist, delusional, degenerate LIAR.

Atheists Irk Einstein

In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.

ó Prince Hubertus zu LŲwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer, p. 97

I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoóin their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"ócannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.

ó Einstein to an unidentified adressee, Aug.7, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97

Atheists Miss the Wonder of the World
Ö

You find it strange that I consider the comprehensibility of the world (to the extent that we are authorized to speak of such a comprehensibility) as a miracle or an eternal mystery. Well a priori one should expect a chaotic world which cannot be grasped by the mind in anyway. One could (yes one should) expect the world to be subjected to law only to the extent that we order it through our intelligence. Ordering of this kind would be like the alphabetical ordering of the words of a language. By contrast, the kind of order created by Newton's theory of gravitation, for instance, is wholly different. Even if the axioms of the theory are proposed by man, the success of such a project presupposes a high degree of ordering of the objective world, and this could not be expected a priori. That is the "miracle" which is being constantly re-enforced as our knowledge expands.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have I told you not to make LYING and UNTRUE claims about what I think? Yet you continue to be the same old ignorant T\/\/AT you have proven yourself to be.
You are the ignorant moron who claims that dreams and behaviour cannot be measured, and you have been proven wrong, yet again. Stop projecting like a 10000Watt LYING christian
And still you have not answered the questions and still you have offered nothing but unverified opinion but what are we to expect from such an ignorant moron as you?
An angry one is an hungry one. Get some lunch or break, loser. Lol
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. It is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
<quoted text>
Hey, it's not MY fault if your favourite book talks about talking lizards and donkeys.
Beats saddisTic pedophelia and whips and chains.

DuDUH.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just grow up and stop being naive. You know nothing about the almighty God.
That alone, is the reason why we have alot of Christian scientist.
And those Christian scientists accept evolution.

You also know nothing about God. You don't know any more about God than anyone else does on the entire planet. Everyone knows just as much about it as you do. You are not special. You're not the world's best religious scholar. You don't have extra special access to extra special knowledge that no-one else does.

You're just another fundie with a super-massive ego that's probably responsible for the Earth's axial tilt.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No need for all these questions.
The bible said, after death is judgement. Before your judgement, ask those questions to God.
Moving the goalposts again?

For one reason and one reason only, you cannot answer those questions because the babble is contradictory. The babble says many things, some you believe and others so you carefully filter out and ignore because you donít want to believe the contradiction.

And when people point out the stupidity of it all you get yourself in knots trying to explain away mythology with only half the story.

Itís all right Charley I knew you are unable to answer them so donít go into meltdown
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Our dear Charles exists therefor his god canít, at any speed.
Einstiens energy equation is ICOMPLETE as well.

It does NOT validate BLACK HOLES.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I could test for human behaviors if I had sufficient data and a theory to test. As is, my theories are good but like most theories on behavior, impossible to prove other than through statistical interpretation. Biology is not as predictable as a computer.
If you don't know, computer can not function effectively without the use of Maths under this context.
Most of you never agreed that, Maths is a science.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
To show to mooks like Chuck that his baseless religious opinions aren't any better than anyone else's, period.
Well that's fine, so long as it's not twisted into that garbage of DENYING or belittling OTHER peoples CONSTITUTIONAL rights to worship (or not) how they please (so long as it's NOT hurting anyone else in any shape, fashion or form).

BECAUSE...not everyone likes PEAS, and that's just REALITY.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is evidence for the theory of evolution?
A small part of it, yeah. You ignored the rest.(shrug) But the fact is you were wondering how environmental factors could have an effect that could eventually produce different races. So your query was answered - in ADDITION to the BILLIONS of pieces of evidence I gave you last week, and you're still rejecting it in favour of little green men which have ZERO evidence at all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> An angry one is an hungry one. Get some lunch or break, loser. Lol
Ey...that is good reason to be grouchy then...fiteen minutes puleaze to scarf something down-its the civil LAW lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••