Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163649 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64802 Dec 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. It is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
<quoted text>
Hey, it's not MY fault if your favourite book talks about talking lizards and donkeys.
Beats saddisTic pedophelia and whips and chains.

DuDUH.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64803 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just grow up and stop being naive. You know nothing about the almighty God.
That alone, is the reason why we have alot of Christian scientist.
And those Christian scientists accept evolution.

You also know nothing about God. You don't know any more about God than anyone else does on the entire planet. Everyone knows just as much about it as you do. You are not special. You're not the world's best religious scholar. You don't have extra special access to extra special knowledge that no-one else does.

You're just another fundie with a super-massive ego that's probably responsible for the Earth's axial tilt.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64804 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No need for all these questions.
The bible said, after death is judgement. Before your judgement, ask those questions to God.
Moving the goalposts again?

For one reason and one reason only, you cannot answer those questions because the babble is contradictory. The babble says many things, some you believe and others so you carefully filter out and ignore because you don’t want to believe the contradiction.

And when people point out the stupidity of it all you get yourself in knots trying to explain away mythology with only half the story.

It’s all right Charley I knew you are unable to answer them so don’t go into meltdown
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64805 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Our dear Charles exists therefor his god can’t, at any speed.
Einstiens energy equation is ICOMPLETE as well.

It does NOT validate BLACK HOLES.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64806 Dec 12, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I could test for human behaviors if I had sufficient data and a theory to test. As is, my theories are good but like most theories on behavior, impossible to prove other than through statistical interpretation. Biology is not as predictable as a computer.
If you don't know, computer can not function effectively without the use of Maths under this context.
Most of you never agreed that, Maths is a science.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64807 Dec 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
To show to mooks like Chuck that his baseless religious opinions aren't any better than anyone else's, period.
Well that's fine, so long as it's not twisted into that garbage of DENYING or belittling OTHER peoples CONSTITUTIONAL rights to worship (or not) how they please (so long as it's NOT hurting anyone else in any shape, fashion or form).

BECAUSE...not everyone likes PEAS, and that's just REALITY.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64808 Dec 12, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is evidence for the theory of evolution?
A small part of it, yeah. You ignored the rest.(shrug) But the fact is you were wondering how environmental factors could have an effect that could eventually produce different races. So your query was answered - in ADDITION to the BILLIONS of pieces of evidence I gave you last week, and you're still rejecting it in favour of little green men which have ZERO evidence at all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64809 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> An angry one is an hungry one. Get some lunch or break, loser. Lol
Ey...that is good reason to be grouchy then...fiteen minutes puleaze to scarf something down-its the civil LAW lol.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64810 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know, computer can not function effectively without the use of Maths under this context.
Most of you never agreed that, Maths is a science.
Param Singh’s equations do account for infinite variables of black holes and have allowed the crossover between atomic and quantum mathematics. They have therefore been responsible for cosmologists daring to theorise before the big bang event.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64811 Dec 12, 2012
bohart wrote:
Origin of life needs a rethink scientists argue...
Duh! ya think!
Oh, well in that case then an invisible magical Jewish wizard musta dunnit.

Got anything on evolution yet?

Didn't think so.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64812 Dec 12, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, Gods Kingdom will bring perfection into the equation. Religion is a defuncted word, as the way of life is the only way of living. Perfect health, no death or worries of any kind. This is the original purpose of God, it hasn't changed. If you believe the sick religions of today, we would all be damned to death.
We are.

It will happen.

To you too.

Death is the only certainty.

So if you're REALLY lucky and pray real hard then maybe an invisible Jew will magically save your ghost and send it to paradise forever and ever and ever Amen.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64813 Dec 12, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow......there are no links between apes, monkeys and intelligent humans. The fossil record is empty. There is no evidence for biological change in brain size or structure since Homo sapiens appeared in the fossil record. The search for the proverbial missing link allows for speculation and myth to flourish..........and that it does.
Yeah sure. Except I demonstrated it. Biology is unaffected by your baseless opinions, but you could be the first fundie ever to try and address it if you like. Feel free.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#64814 Dec 12, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You say:
"You DID state that the ENTIRE old testament is myth and allegory"
Then I apologize for 'misspeaking' and I did clarify what I was saying.
I don't feel the least bit 'frightened' when you say it is the 'word of God' because I know it's not. It just bronze age crap that was written by Jewish men with good motives and it got out of control.
Of course I don't believe, and I don't care if you do.
This IS a place to debate and interact with people who believe many
divergent things.
Do you want to continue on?
Sure!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64815 Dec 12, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG-WRONG-and WRONG.
You seem to be a classic example of that river in Egypt--dat one dey callz DE NIAL ==ESPECIALLY of the TRUTH .
And in true hateful free speech ofagnostic form, I shall add--Hedonist, delusional, degenerate LIAR.
Atheists Irk Einstein
In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.
— Prince Hubertus zu Löwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer, p. 97
I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.
— Einstein to an unidentified adressee, Aug.7, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97
Atheists Miss the Wonder of the World

You find it strange that I consider the comprehensibility of the world (to the extent that we are authorized to speak of such a comprehensibility) as a miracle or an eternal mystery. Well a priori one should expect a chaotic world which cannot be grasped by the mind in anyway. One could (yes one should) expect the world to be subjected to law only to the extent that we order it through our intelligence. Ordering of this kind would be like the alphabetical ordering of the words of a language. By contrast, the kind of order created by Newton's theory of gravitation, for instance, is wholly different. Even if the axioms of the theory are proposed by man, the success of such a project presupposes a high degree of ordering of the objective world, and this could not be expected a priori. That is the "miracle" which is being constantly re-enforced as our knowledge expands.
Well, it only goes to show that Einstein didn't like to be quoted by either group.

In my humble opinion, he was a person who was acutely unaware of his mental uniqueness in the world. Imagine if you would, brain cells having a shape and function, sort of like a computing prism. You won't see it at the cellular level, but when cells are in an array of trillions, these patterns emerge.

In Einstein's world, he was two things in particular. He was a right brain dominant individual practicing a left brain dominant career path, and he was an Ashkenazi Jew, a people who I propose have some unique mental traits in our world. Certainly not alone in uniqueness, but enough so that they might find it taboo to express that uniqueness publicly.

To become a role model in controversial times such as his, must have been a world of perpetual landmines. And while he was only human and enjoyed attention, it would always be used as part of an agenda, whereas he was not a meddler by nature.

To make the problem worse, he probably had other Germanic traits which exploited mental algorithms so similar, that he may have had a very hard time knowing when he had crossed the line. He genuinely never saw the difference between innocent attempts to get attention and meddling attempts to control. Such revelations can be very upsetting and would take a long time to reconcile, but the NAZIs probably made that a much easier task.

All in all, Albert was only human. He was a physicist. His political insights were of no more value than anyone else's who lived in his times and under his circumstances.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64817 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have vividly outlined your attributes. That is generous of you.
Big bang and others, are just an excuse or guess to side line God.
I didn't come here to hide my opinions!
bohart

Newport, TN

#64818 Dec 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link does not go to an article.
Try again.
Click on the scrolling articles twit.
bohart

Newport, TN

#64819 Dec 12, 2012
bohart wrote:
Origin of life needs a rethink scientists argue...
Duh! ya think!
livescience.com
Quotes from the article:
"In trying to explain how life came to exist, people have been fixated on a problem of chemistry, that bringing life into being is like baking a cake, that we have ingredients and instructions to follow said co author Paul Davies a theoretical physicist and astrobiologist at Arizona state university.That approach is failing to capture the esscence of what life is about."

A terrible commentary about the church of the puddle gooists

or this comment:
Part of the problem is that there isn't really a good definition of what life is?"
Sara Walker co author and astrobiologist at Arizona state.

So my dear puddle people

It seems that life isn't about just organizing chemicals, there's something science can't grasp about, and like a monkey fumbling with a combination lock the faithful keep claiming, give us more time,give us more time, and we'll solve it.Yeah right!
stormy

Clarksburg, WV

#64820 Dec 12, 2012
I believe when the people get so bad, with the killings and have no sense of right and wrong,
This earth will end. It could start again. who
knows? The professors? Yea, right

You know? diseases could wipe us all off the
face of this earth?
So I will still believe in God and what he
wants to do with us, will be just fine with me.
Makes as much sense as anything you say. Evil
never wins, and that is what the people are now.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#64821 Dec 12, 2012
Arguing apples (beliefs=religion) with oranges (facts=science) will never answer the problem. It's a categorical mistake. You'll just go round 'n round trying to convince a believer with facts or trying to dispel facts with beliefs.

With that said, I think the more interesting question is if there is a deity, to which religion does it belong? Hindu? Islam? Inca? Christian? etc. There must be hundreds of religious deities each with their own unique sacred and infallible religious texts (the bible, Quran, etc). One would think you'd better have chosen the right one or face the consequences. So what makes one religion the correct one and the others not?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64822 Dec 12, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it only goes to show that Einstein didn't like to be quoted by either group.
In my humble opinion, he was a person who was acutely unaware of his mental uniqueness in the world. Imagine if you would, brain cells having a shape and function, sort of like a computing prism. You won't see it at the cellular level, but when cells are in an array of trillions, these patterns emerge.
In Einstein's world, he was two things in particular. He was a right brain dominant individual practicing a left brain dominant career path, and he was an Ashkenazi Jew, a people who I propose have some unique mental traits in our world. Certainly not alone in uniqueness, but enough so that they might find it taboo to express that uniqueness publicly.
To become a role model in controversial times such as his, must have been a world of perpetual landmines. And while he was only human and enjoyed attention, it would always be used as part of an agenda, whereas he was not a meddler by nature.
To make the problem worse, he probably had other Germanic traits which exploited mental algorithms so similar, that he may have had a very hard time knowing when he had crossed the line. He genuinely never saw the difference between innocent attempts to get attention and meddling attempts to control. Such revelations can be very upsetting and would take a long time to reconcile, but the NAZIs probably made that a much easier task.
All in all, Albert was only human. He was a physicist. His political insights were of no more value than anyone else's who lived in his times and under his circumstances.
Thank you for NOT sounding like a "know it all", especially about subject matter of OPINION rather than absolute "fact".. that of which most of us weren't even around to have any sort of personal interaction with to even begin to ascertain anything with such reckless, pompous nothing but "arrogance of certainty" of nothing but ones OWN opinion on a subject.

In other words, rational, sane, logical and therefore, relate-able.

Pleasure reading it.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min leesville73 8,346
one word only (Jun '08) 27 min Crazy Jae 55,290
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 34 min Crazy Jae 1,432
Poll The Trolls Are Out,... 37 min Just Trolling Around 0
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 46 min Papa Smurfaletto 11,336
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 51 min Crazy Jae 3,456
Word Association. (Nov '10) 54 min Crazy Jae 17,430
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr FLHSTC 748
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr CJ Rocker 162,693
News Poop Raining From Sky Ruins Girl's Sweet 16 2 hr Mechanic 8