Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,621 - 60,640 of 115,251 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64779 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When asking question, you have to think very well before posting.
Humans are highly intelligent unlike other mammals and animals, due to the possession of God's spirit.
Well.... I am NOT denying that FACT lol.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64780 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have earlier told you that, science can never use its test tube to test for spirits, because God is a spirit.
Even our behaviour can never be tested in a laboratory. It is beyond science.
Einstein is a strong supporter of religion and science.
No, actually God is an incomplete abstraction of the mind, and the vision of it is not a universal one.

Imagine a filter mechanism in the various lobes of the brain. It focuses the cells that abstract out reason on things that portions of the brain specialize in. They are responsible for the intuitive flashes that are not part of scientific reasoning, but are also prone to unverifiable mistakes, hence we have the term "bigotry".
Most mentally healthy people have their center of focus in the frontal lobes while people like you are elsewhere. The more maladjusted, the more likely the individual will move away from their frontal lobes, even to the point of making them the enemy, as you have.

The question is, what is it that drives you away from reason? As you are across a large ocean, in a land that's not known for stable culture, I have to say, I don't care much. Collectively, your country isn't among those that value order, so I don't think my efforts would be well received.

Translation: You're on your own, Chuckles! You're in a burning building and it's too far gone for anyone to risk their own lives to try to save you. You may want to start respecting those frontal lobes a bit more! The magic isn't working and Uncle Sam is wising up on pouring money into crime-lord territories. Einstein isn't around to be anyone's shill either, not that he ever wanted to be one.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64781 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When asking question, you have to think very well before posting.
Humans are highly intelligent unlike other mammals and animals, due to the possession of God's spirit.
Do I get PEACE of pi for my piehole for it?

LOL

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64782 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you cannot answer the questions so try and sidetrack. Your point is that dreams cannot be measured? Are you now saying your god is a dream?
As it happens yes, dreams and behaviour can be measured, ever heard of a MRI scanner? It’s an offshoot of the LHC technology, however that is all probably beyond your understanding
And yes god can be measured in the brain of a believer.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/aug/30...
However dreams and god do not exist in reality
As for prophecies – you mean guesses?
Then from your premise, we don't need a psychologist, liar!
Psychology here, is more functional than any machine.
God's existence is beyond science.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64783 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have earlier told you that, science can never use its test tube to test for spirits, because God is a spirit.
Even our behaviour can never be tested in a laboratory. It is beyond science.
Einstein is a strong supporter of religion and science.
E=MC^2 – there ya go, used

Yes it can, just because you don’t understand MRI techniques and psychology is no ones fault but you own

Wrong, Einstein though religion was childish and by the time his life was drawing to an end he was heartily sick of regluterds like you LYING about what he thought. This is documented on several occasions so why do you lie for you god? WHY?, does it make you feel closer to him?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64785 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever. But that does not change who God truly is. God exist.
Whatever. It is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Whatever, dream boy
Hey, it's not MY fault if your favourite book talks about talking lizards and donkeys.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64786 Dec 12, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...so the universe just came together finely tuned randomly?
Fine tuning? But Maz just said it WASN'T fine tuned, because God made Earth special which is why we DON'T see life all over space. If the universe WAS "tuned" for life then surely that's what we'd see...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64787 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple question for your lengthy post.
Can you use scientific experiment to test for human behaviours, spirits, dreams, etc,?
Google that fish baby and see for your self.
I could test for human behaviors if I had sufficient data and a theory to test. As is, my theories are good but like most theories on behavior, impossible to prove other than through statistical interpretation. Biology is not as predictable as a computer.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64788 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And again I am telling you that your opinion is worthless
No you said that there is only one god, now you move the goalposts and say god of all gods
Even changing the goalpost makes no difference to the fact (FACT)
Genesis 3:22 - And the Lord God said, Behold, then man is become as one of us –
Exodus 22:28 - Thou shalt not revile the gods
Psalm 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
All claim equal parity.
By saying God of all gods, i meant that God is above other gods, that are either made from rock, soil, clay, plants, etc. All these are God's creation.

Level 6

#64789 Dec 12, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2
INCOMPLETE as well.
Our dear Charles exists therefor his god can’t, at any speed.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64790 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Hardly. The Middle East seems to have other ideas as of the past two years.
Let 'em have it--but we don't have to support it!
Yes, that would seem to be a freedom of choice, but both Islam and Christianity feel compelled to create conflict. Right now, we don't meddle, but not for the right reasons. We're just cashing in on the naturally bad governments created by theocracies.

Tomorrow, Islam will have new theocracies with no means of establishing order other than to demonize the West and rationalize more dictatorships. Nothing has changed. Past dictatorships have just reached their expiration dates.

The Islamic world doesn't need an "Arab Spring". They need hundreds of years of their own Enlightenment and a commitment to industrialization before they can coexist with us. Until then, we're just buying their oil and arming their dictatorships, while they use human beings as bomb delivery mechanisms while funding privateers under the banner of religion.

...and the sheep have nowhere to go but back to the herd.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64791 Dec 12, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually God is an incomplete abstraction of the mind, and the vision of it is not a universal one.
Imagine a filter mechanism in the various lobes of the brain. It focuses the cells that abstract out reason on things that portions of the brain specialize in. They are responsible for the intuitive flashes that are not part of scientific reasoning, but are also prone to unverifiable mistakes, hence we have the term "bigotry".
Most mentally healthy people have their center of focus in the frontal lobes while people like you are elsewhere. The more maladjusted, the more likely the individual will move away from their frontal lobes, even to the point of making them the enemy, as you have.
The question is, what is it that drives you away from reason? As you are across a large ocean, in a land that's not known for stable culture, I have to say, I don't care much. Collectively, your country isn't among those that value order, so I don't think my efforts would be well received.
Translation: You're on your own, Chuckles! You're in a burning building and it's too far gone for anyone to risk their own lives to try to save you. You may want to start respecting those frontal lobes a bit more! The magic isn't working and Uncle Sam is wising up on pouring money into crime-lord territories. Einstein isn't around to be anyone's shill either, not that he ever wanted to be one.
You have vividly outlined your attributes. That is generous of you.
Big bang and others, are just an excuse or guess to side line God.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64792 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> By saying God of all gods, i meant that God is above other gods, that are either made from rock, soil, clay, plants, etc. All these are God's creation.
....and I still don't care how you read the bones!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64793 Dec 12, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think there are evidence of extraterrestrial life out there?
Personally I think there is, yes.
Cybele wrote:
Here ya go:
http://www.popsci.com/category/tags/extraterr...
If you are right, then we wouldn't be wasting our time sending Curiosity rover to explore Mars and see if it can find any signs of life there. We wouldn't be using complex technology to search for alien life on other planets and other galaxies. Unfortunately, not all scientists will agree with you and not all are skeptics like you. You see, evidence of organic compounds found on asteroids or meteorites are difficult to fake.
Then we both agree then that we've found no evidence yet of extra-terrestrial life and that all these scientific findings you've provided support that? Jolly good!

See what they have found is evidence that organic compounds can indeed form naturally out there in the universe. Hence considering the sheer vastness of the universe it is probably quite likely that there are alien forms of life elsewhere. Perhaps even advanced civilisations. We have no evidence so far though due to the likely great distances involved and the problems of reaching them.

But does this justify little green men visiting Earth to leave patterns in crops, kill our beef and abduct people for weird sexual experiments?

No.
Cybele wrote:
Unlike fossils that can easily be manufactured in China.
... which later turned out to be produced by con-artists selling to private collectors, and found to be faked by combining two different fossils together, thanks to evolution. You left that part out ya know, where it was the evolutionist using evolutionary science that you reject to discover the fraud in the first place. And the resulting two fossils turned out to be fine examples of evolution. And since you reject said theory based on your own incredulity you should therefore be claiming that said Chinese fraud is actually a genuine fossil of a once living organism. Or forever be known as an ignorant hypocrite like Maz, Russ and all the other fundies.

Comprende?

Level 2

Location hidden

#64794 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can, just because you don’t understand MRI techniques and psychology is no ones fault but you own
Wrong, Einstein though religion was childish and by the time his life was drawing to an end he was heartily sick of regluterds like you LYING about what he thought. This is documented on several occasions so why do you lie for you god? WHY?, does it make you feel closer to him?
No need for all these questions.
The bible said, after death is judgement. Before your judgement, ask those questions to God.

Level 6

#64795 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then from your premise, we don't need a psychologist, liar!
Psychology here, is more functional than any machine.
God's existence is beyond science.
How many times have I told you not to make LYING and UNTRUE claims about what I think? Yet you continue to be the same old ignorant T\/\/AT you have proven yourself to be.

You are the ignorant moron who claims that dreams and behaviour cannot be measured, and you have been proven wrong, yet again. Stop projecting like a 10000Watt LYING christian

And still you have not answered the questions and still you have offered nothing but unverified opinion but what are we to expect from such an ignorant moron as you?

Level 6

#64796 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> By saying God of all gods, i meant that God is above other gods, that are either made from rock, soil, clay, plants, etc. All these are God's creation.
That’s not what you babble says but hey, the babble does not agree with you anyway does it?

It says he joined with the other gods, it does NOT say he made them, it says he was jealouse of them, what god would be jealous of rock, soil, clay, plants, etc.

You are in too deep and you have no clue how to get out so all you can do is lie more and more, You know your god of the mind is not proud of your lies?

Why do you delude yourself?

Don’t answer that, we know that in your ignorance you cannot help it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64797 Dec 12, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Here you go. And yet those Christian scientist are still upholding what is false.
Except for the fact that we CAN back up our claims. You CAN'T debunk them. And the fact that Christians also accept science that you reject for theological reasons shows that you are LYING by claiming anything you disagree with is about denying God.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Just keep quiet and face reality.
We do face reality, but we won't keep quiet. Does that bother ya? Tough.
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is real and no one can deny that, except liars under the guise of science.
That's not what science does. Science merely demonstrates that if a god exists it did things a little differently than the way you think it did. God is not limited by your ignorance.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Before running away. GIVE your life to Jesus christ. Accept him as your lord and saviour. All humans are mortals, except God and the spirits. Compliments of the season.
Before running away. GIVE your life to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. All humans are mortals, except God and the Spirits of the Holy Beer Volcano. Compliments of the season.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64798 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
So why do people even WASTE time on SUCH stupidity.
To show to mooks like Chuck that his baseless religious opinions aren't any better than anyone else's, period.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64799 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG-WRONG-and WRONG.

You seem to be a classic example of that river in Egypt--dat one dey callz DE NIAL ==ESPECIALLY of the TRUTH .

And in true hateful free speech ofagnostic form, I shall add--Hedonist, delusional, degenerate LIAR.

Atheists Irk Einstein

In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.

— Prince Hubertus zu Löwenstein, Towards the Further Shore (Victor Gollancz, London, 1968), p. 156; quoted in Jammer, p. 97

I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source. They are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional "opium of the people"—cannot bear the music of the spheres. The Wonder of nature does not become smaller because one cannot measure it by the standards of human moral and human aims.

— Einstein to an unidentified adressee, Aug.7, 1941. Einstein Archive, reel 54-927, quoted in Jammer, p. 97

Atheists Miss the Wonder of the World

You find it strange that I consider the comprehensibility of the world (to the extent that we are authorized to speak of such a comprehensibility) as a miracle or an eternal mystery. Well a priori one should expect a chaotic world which cannot be grasped by the mind in anyway. One could (yes one should) expect the world to be subjected to law only to the extent that we order it through our intelligence. Ordering of this kind would be like the alphabetical ordering of the words of a language. By contrast, the kind of order created by Newton's theory of gravitation, for instance, is wholly different. Even if the axioms of the theory are proposed by man, the success of such a project presupposes a high degree of ordering of the objective world, and this could not be expected a priori. That is the "miracle" which is being constantly re-enforced as our knowledge expands.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min SUG here 6,532
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 min Princess Hey 28,512
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min _Zoey_ 145,296
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 8 min night machine 218
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
white... 9 min Princess Hey 190
¤ The ALPHABET Game ¤ (May '11) 13 min Princess Hey 10,757
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 22 min CrunchyBacon 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 2 hr Parden Pard 358
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE