Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,031)

Showing posts 60,601 - 60,620 of111,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that gaps vividly proves the existence of God.
Only until we close the gap...which we have been doing for years now.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak much Gaelic, or just the provocative kind?*
*Says the long time Pogues fan!
I was born and raised in the West of Ireland, in an area where Gaelic is still the primary language.

Forty years later, I still sometimes dream in it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ego you have!
Everyone, even scientists of the Christian faith, are 'upholding what is false', because YOU cannot understand the scientific evidence behind what they're discovering?
Say Chuckie...try this on for size: YOU don't know any more abut the nature of God than anyone else that has ever lived.
You might THINK you're special, but you're not.
As an agnostic, I have just as good of a chance as "knowing God" as the Pope, your minister, your Mother or YOU.
You have FAITH in a series of stories in an ancient book.
THAT'S IT.
Just grow up and stop being naive. You know nothing about the almighty God.
That alone, is the reason why we have alot of Christian scientist.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If religion are lies, they would have been in the minority or in extinction, but the reverse were the case. Just sit upon your first degree lies.
Next lies from you, Bill.
Is Islam a lie? It will soon be the majority religion on earth. More people now practice Islam than practice Catholicism (which used to be the largest denomination).

Is Hinduism a lie? Around a billion people in India and thereabouts practice this religion...has been around longer than Christianity has been around...it is generally regarded as the world's oldest organized religion.

Both of the above are dynamic growing religions who's adherents are just as positive that they serve the ‘True God Of The Universe’™ as you are about yours.

Check the stats on belief in Christianity in the UK. I believe they just did a census about it.

In your hubris you think you know the true answer and you cannot see the biases that Christianity has imbued in you, my friend.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was born and raised in the West of Ireland, in an area where Gaelic is still the primary language.
Forty years later, I still sometimes dream in it.
I didn't know that Gaelic was a primary language ANYwhere anymore.

Me, I just have a mother who's Newfoundland Irish. They speak with a blended Irish/English accent (at least to us Americans)along with some of that Maritime slang.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just grow up and stop being naive. You know nothing about the almighty God.
It always amazes me when Fundimentalist Christians like Chuckles here implores rational people to 'grow up and stop being naive' when they themselves believe in talking snakes, magic fruit, a non-existant world-wide flood, a man living in the belly of a fish for 3 days, and a whole host of other fairy tales.

Chucky, if you have faith in God, that's great. But if I were you, I would take some of your own advice regarding 'growing up, and stop being naive'.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just grow up and stop being naive. You know nothing about the almighty God.
I've read "The Tao of Pooh". Can I make arrogant claims of authority without observing the rules of scientific method too?

...maybe I'll qualify as a PhD if I go on to read "The Te of Piglet".
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
All Popes are/were sodomizers. Freakshow, don't paint us pretty pictures.
Try reading it again. Maybe with your eyes OPEN this time?
Scottdeep

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

have a look at this.

http://uvioo.com/video/...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what we have been able to disprove in the Bible...and if you do, do you understand the ramifications of it???
I don't feel the need to "DISprove" anything.

I believe in peoples rights to believe and worship however they wish-so long they are RATIONAL, do NOT hurt anyone else, AND they accept PERSONAL responsibility for their OWN actions (as in NOT BLAMING others UNjustly)--like SANE ADULTS!!!

It's a CONSTIUTIONAL thing...you know..what this nation is founded upon?!

So, YOU can STUFF YOUR own warped "ramifications" where the sun doesnt shine-becauseI don't NEED your beliefs (or the LACK of them) because I have my OWN.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me when Fundimentalist Christians like Chuckles here implores rational people to 'grow up and stop being naive' when they themselves believe in talking snakes, magic fruit, a non-existant world-wide flood, a man living in the belly of a fish for 3 days, and a whole host of other fairy tales.
Chucky, if you have faith in God, that's great. But if I were you, I would take some of your own advice regarding 'growing up, and stop being naive'.
See: figurative

Literally.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
(after you clean the spoon-fed spooge of the delusional, out of your eyes)

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
See: figurative
Literally.
I know that.

Perhaps YOU know that.

But I doubt Chucky knows that.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That, of course, would not be a myth/allegory, but Moses, Adam and Eve, Exodus, Noah's flood,Tower of Babel, Joshua's conquests and other stories found there....are.
All of the 10 commandments are covered by the Golden rule that almost every culture on earth formulated at some time in their far past. We know that the Pentateuch (in which we find the 10 commandments) was not written by Moses and was put to papyrus around 600-400 BC by at least 3 different people. The Chinese philosopher Confucius wrote his 'Golden Rule around 500 BC.
See, the thing is that the founding myths of the Christian religion are being shown to be false and nothing more then allegorical. We can prove an unbroken line of humanity from at least 200,000 years ago.
All these years we have been told the Bible is the divinely inspired work of God, and all truth. it is not...it is the work of men, inventing a religion, just as was done thousands of years ago by the Greeks and Romans and other brain challenged people of the times.
There is no truth in what you proselytize about...religion is bullsh!t of the highest order, and you cannot prove otherwise.
Not a word that I have said is intended to proslytize.

You DID state that the ENTIRE old testament is myth and allegory.

Why do you feel so threatened when I say it is the word of God?

I just pointed out a flaw in your original statement.

Believe or don't, I don't care.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, cuz that could never be a factor could it?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/jul/02...
Another creation "science" discovery... oh, wait...
And that is evidence for the theory of evolution? I can say that about Michael Jordan's athleticism.

In reference to the EPAS gene in your article:

Mutations in this gene are associated with erythrocytosis familial type 4,[4] pulmonary hypertension and chronic mountain sickness.[6] There is also evidence that certain variants of this gene provide protection for people living at high altitude. EPAS 1 is useful in high altitudes as a short term adaptive response. However, EPAS 1 can also cause excessive production of red blood cells leading to chronic mountain sickness that can lead to death and inhibited reproductive abilities. Some mutations that increase its expression are associated with increased hypertension and stroke at low altitude, with symptoms similar to mountain sickness. People permanently living at high altitudes might experience selection of EPAS 1 to reduce the fitness consequences of excessive red blood cell production.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPAS1

These people can probably move mountains too. LOL.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't feel the need to "DISprove" anything.
I believe in peoples rights to believe and worship however they wish-so long they are RATIONAL, do NOT hurt anyone else, AND they accept PERSONAL responsibility for their OWN actions (as in NOT BLAMING others UNjustly)--like SANE ADULTS!!!
It's a CONSTIUTIONAL thing...you know..what this nation is founded upon?!
So, YOU can STUFF YOUR own warped "ramifications" where the sun doesnt shine-becauseI don't NEED your beliefs (or the LACK of them) because I have my OWN.
Then why the fcuk are you on this forum bud.

I wasn't asking YOU to disprove anything. I was going to show you proof that your Bible is WRONG

Don't like to hear truths that contradict your 'faith' then don't use this forum or interact with atheists on here.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a word that I have said is intended to proslytize.
You DID state that the ENTIRE old testament is myth and allegory.
Why do you feel so threatened when I say it is the word of God?
I just pointed out a flaw in your original statement.
Believe or don't, I don't care.
You say:
"You DID state that the ENTIRE old testament is myth and allegory"

Then I apologize for 'misspeaking' and I did clarify what I was saying.

I don't feel the least bit 'frightened' when you say it is the 'word of God' because I know it's not. It just bronze age crap that was written by Jewish men with good motives and it got out of control.

Of course I don't believe, and I don't care if you do.

This IS a place to debate and interact with people who believe many
divergent things.

Do you want to continue on?

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
Anyways, absolutely not. If god got "his way," as elucidated in his book, our society would be an absolute shit hole.
Fascinating statement. I was of the persuasion that due to the present society circumstances many christians wish to pray for God's kingdom to come and His will to be accomplished on the earth in the same way that it is accomplished in heaven.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating statement. I was of the persuasion that due to the present society circumstances many christians wish to pray for God's kingdom to come and His will to be accomplished on the earth in the same way that it is accomplished in heaven.
We've already had a taste of what the world would be like if religion rules....it was called the Dark Ages, and the place was really a sh!thole.

Religion was worse then dictators rule because the religion thought it was doing 'the right thing.' Many, many innocent people died.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Only until we close the gap...which we have been doing for years now.
Don't give yourself any futile hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,601 - 60,620 of111,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••