Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,581 - 60,600 of 114,452 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Islam a lie? It will soon be the majority religion on earth. More people now practice Islam than practice Catholicism (which used to be the largest denomination).
Is Hinduism a lie? Around a billion people in India and thereabouts practice this religion...has been around longer than Christianity has been around...it is generally regarded as the world's oldest organized religion.
Both of the above are dynamic growing religions who's adherents are just as positive that they serve the ‘True God Of The Universe’™ as you are about yours.
Check the stats on belief in Christianity in the UK. I believe they just did a census about it.
In your hubris you think you know the true answer and you cannot see the biases that Christianity has imbued in you, my friend.
We have been hearing that same old garbage about Islam for long, but to no avail. The same with Budhism.
Christianity to date are still topping the chart, globally.
I am not here to criticise any religion, but to prove to liars that God exist.
More ?

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already had a taste of what the world would be like if religion rules....it was called the Dark Ages, and the place was really a sh!thole.
Religion was worse then dictators rule because the religion thought it was doing 'the right thing.' Many, many innocent people died.
Freakshow, Gods Kingdom will bring perfection into the equation. Religion is a defuncted word, as the way of life is the only way of living. Perfect health, no death or worries of any kind. This is the original purpose of God, it hasn't changed. If you believe the sick religions of today, we would all be damned to death.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't feel the need to "DISprove" anything.
I believe in peoples rights to believe and worship however they wish-so long they are RATIONAL, do NOT hurt anyone else, AND they accept PERSONAL responsibility for their OWN actions (as in NOT BLAMING others UNjustly)--like SANE ADULTS!!!
It's a CONSTIUTIONAL thing...you know..what this nation is founded upon?!
So, YOU can STUFF YOUR own warped "ramifications" where the sun doesnt shine-becauseI don't NEED your beliefs (or the LACK of them) because I have my OWN.
Your perceptions are wrong. Religion caused the crusades, inquisitions and world wars. In the American civil war, ww1 and ww2.......religions of the same creed were on both sides. Think twice about your religion, Catholic, Protestant, etc...ETC... fought EACH OTHER in war. Hypocrates. You have no religion of your own........doesn't exsist. You still have traces of these false world religions. You must understand that the true God has an organization on earth, the same as in heaven. He is a God of order, not disorder. Look at the universe.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

bohart wrote:
Origin of life needs a rethink scientists argue...
Duh! ya think!
livescience.com
Your link does not go to an article.

Try again.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't give yourself any futile hope.
It's not a futile hope Charles. Science has been doing it for many years now. Religion has never proven science wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me when Fundimentalist Christians like Chuckles here implores rational people to 'grow up and stop being naive' when they themselves believe in talking snakes, magic fruit, a non-existant world-wide flood, a man living in the belly of a fish for 3 days, and a whole host of other fairy tales.
Chucky, if you have faith in God, that's great. But if I were you, I would take some of your own advice regarding 'growing up, and stop being naive'.
On the contrary, God is not human, but God.
God can use any one or any thing. The problem with some humans are nothing but unbelief.
In 90's if you remember, some Russian scientist discovered a scaly talking fish baby, what about that?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a futile hope Charles. Science has been doing it for many years now. Religion has never proven science wrong.
Freakshow......there are no links between apes, monkeys and intelligent humans. The fossil record is empty. There is no evidence for biological change in brain size or structure since Homo sapiens appeared in the fossil record. The search for the proverbial missing link allows for speculation and myth to flourish..........and that it does.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We have been hearing that same old garbage about Islam for long, but to no avail. The same with Budhism.
Christianity to date are still topping the chart, globally.
I am not here to criticise any religion, but to prove to liars that God exist.
More ?
Oh really, you have been hearing the same old garbage for years. I just heard about two years ago about the birth rate among Muslims being around twice the rate of Christians and it was two years ago that the Muslims surpassed Catholics in numbers. Many people who follow these things are predicting the Muslimization of Europe in around 20-30 years.

I, of course, understand that Christianity is still on the top, but it may soon loose top billing if currant trends continue.

Again Charles I have not lied to you at all in my posts to you...ever. And you will never prove that God exists. You do not know enough, and you don't seem to research enough. Not trying to dis-respect you, but you need to learn more.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets get this clear. We have successful scientist that sees the bible as a book of truth about God.
I think this is not the issue of science but the issue of faith.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow......there are no links between apes, monkeys and intelligent humans. The fossil record is empty. There is no evidence for biological change in brain size or structure since Homo sapiens appeared in the fossil record. The search for the proverbial missing link allows for speculation and myth to flourish..........and that it does.
Have I called you names in the past?

There is no hunt for the 'missing link' anymore. The link has been made and we are most assuredly related to great apes. The fossil record is rich in proofs and of course DNA has recently backed up what archaeologists and paleoantropologists have been saying for decades.

Your belief is not required...it is proven truth

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets get this clear. We have successful scientist that sees the bible as a book of truth about God.
I think this is not the issue of science but the issue of faith.
Charles, I see very clearly, and I do know that there are scientists who believe in a God. I also do know that the majority do not. This makes no difference in this discussion. I'm saying that you will never be able to prove God.

We have the real material evidence evidence and you have nothing but a feeling...faith. There is nothing but a 1700 year old book to back you up and that book IS being proven wrong day by day.

If there really was a God...you would be able to prove Him/Her/It. God is unprovable because it doesn't exist. And science is slowly proving this.

On the bright side, I wish you and any family you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my friend. I hope you prosper in your life.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, you have been hearing the same old garbage for years. I just heard about two years ago about the birth rate among Muslims being around twice the rate of Christians and it was two years ago that the Muslims surpassed Catholics in numbers. Many people who follow these things are predicting the Muslimization of Europe in around 20-30 years.
I, of course, understand that Christianity is still on the top, but it may soon loose top billing if currant trends continue.
Again Charles I have not lied to you at all in my posts to you...ever. And you will never prove that God exists. You do not know enough, and you don't seem to research enough. Not trying to dis-respect you, but you need to learn more.
Yes ofcourse, but lets bet it, despite that, Christianity will still supercede Islam. Some of the reasons are terrorisms, suicide bombings, etc.
Secondly, you need serious orientation about God. You don't know him, he exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my good friend and pal, no matter our different beliefs and standings, if this world is dominated by Islam, do you think people like you will live freely and independently the way you are, in the Christian dominated world?
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over that, Russ. Do try to catch up.
Yes. NASA and the US Air Force (among others) do contribute to SETI. Apparently they see potential benefit for their donations. So, yes INDIRECTLY, SETI is receiving some taxpayer benefit -- but it's a stretch to say they are taxpayer funded.
Furthermore, if you feel 'astrobiology' is such a sweet job, I suggest you apply. That loud roar you will hear thereafter will be the combined laughter from the various agencies you applied for, once they peruse your application for employment.
You wouldn't make a good janitor at their facilities.
No need
I already have a sweet chill job

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, I see very clearly, and I do know that there are scientists who believe in a God. I also do know that the majority do not. This makes no difference in this discussion. I'm saying that you will never be able to prove God.
We have the real material evidence evidence and you have nothing but a feeling...faith. There is nothing but a 1700 year old book to back you up and that book IS being proven wrong day by day.
If there really was a God...you would be able to prove Him/Her/It. God is unprovable because it doesn't exist. And science is slowly proving this.
On the bright side, I wish you and any family you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my friend. I hope you prosper in your life.
I wish you and any family you have merry christmas and new year in advance.
Those scientist that believe in the existence of God, are not really in the minority as you claimed.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, my good friend and pal, no matter our different beliefs and standings, if this world is dominated by Islam, do you think people like you will live freely and independently the way you are, in the Christian dominated world?
Of course not...I believe that Islam is a blight on humanity, and I'm afraid that sooner or later we will be at war with them.

Once again religion will screw over the world.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I wish you and any family you have merry christmas and new year in advance.
Those scientist that believe in the existence of God, are not really in the minority as you claimed.
Well I haven't checked up on the numbers recently, so I'll have to do that tomorrow...it's pretty late here so I'll sign off for tonite.

Be safe.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not...I believe that Islam is a blight on humanity, and I'm afraid that sooner or later we will be at war with them.
Once again religion will screw over the world.
So, i really think you see the enemy of all. Christianity the dominant religion tolerates every other faiths or beliefs unlike Islam.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I haven't checked up on the numbers recently, so I'll have to do that tomorrow...it's pretty late here so I'll sign off for tonite.
Be safe.
Expecting your feed back.
Good night and sleep well.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You do know there are myriads of mountains everywhere right? BTW, they built that Great Wall of China. LMAO!
Keep guessing though.
Hey, just offering you some geography, if you want to ignore it that’s your problem. There is a considerable difference between the hills near you and the Himalayas.

The great wall of China was built about 2200 years ago, The skeletal remains of Chinese from thousands of years before that were identifiably oriental. You don’t really have a handle on the time aspect of human evolution do you?

You asked a pertinent question and I gave you a valid and accurate answer, don’t give me BS about the great wall. Consider the gateways built into it, traders and farmers passed through the great wall continuously. Next you’ll be saying that people in western California are evolving differently from those in eastern California because of the I5

By the way, food has an effect as does environment

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What else are you doing while posting on this f... (Nov '13) 3 min SLY WEST 935
Police Seek Mystery Pair in Selfies After Burglary 3 min Ex Senator Stillborn 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 143,878
It's BLUE! (Oct '11) 10 min night machine 243
isis 11 min anonymous 3
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 17 min the wandering girl 5,876
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min SUG here 40,105
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 59 min maybe 18,088
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Old Sam 515
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr ur clueless 35,870