Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,029)

Showing posts 60,561 - 60,580 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Until a valid hypothesis is presented I pay little attention to such whimsical and meaningless philosophical ideas. I prefer being stuck in the Matrix anyway. Cuz bullet-time was cooooool.
Actually, that we are inside a black hole is virtually certain. It's way beyond a mere guess.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Maz, you are making a prediction not upon observation and experimentation, but upon a fairy tale. That is not science. You believe in this fairy tale so weakly that you will not even clearly state what parts of it you believe. All you will clearly say is that you are against evolution. This makes your prediction not science based and hypocritical.

And once again you link articles that you clearly don't understand. As I said, just finding that "junk DNA" or even ERV's are functional is not good enough to give creationism a pass on this particular fail of their busted world view. They have to show that the function fits a creation paradigm and not an evolutionary one.

My prediction is that as we understand more about how the genome works it will work according to an evolutionary paradigm. And you still have no explanation for ancestral genes.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
And they can't change who God isn't either.
Not being able to prove something one way or the other is still not being able to prove something one way or the other.
Of course none of that nonsense prevents me from hoping you are right.
As I have previously stated, atheists gobble on about how NOT special the earth and mankind is on the back of all observed data suggesting the earth and mankind are special.'Goldilocks' is the term often used and if anyone talks of aliens they are nuts as none have been verified. Then they deny the possible existence of an alien life form, just because it is not organic and explainable with our limited knowledge, where we can hardly explain all we can observe.

So if you want to gobble on about "Not being able to prove something one way or the other is still not being able to prove something one way or the other.", then atheists and evolutionists are leaders in using the strategy you spoke to and calling that science.

Indeed the proof in the pudding is evos and particularly atheists needing to chase thier tails in hypocritical philosophical rhetoric staying as far away from science as they possibly can.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Maz, where would you expect life to evolve than on a planet in the "Goldilocks Zone". It is also quite a bit bigger than previously thought. In fact the Earth has varied from ice box to hot house as various climate factors have changed on the Earth, many of them brought about by evolution.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
straa wrote:
All that does is push the question back, if life on earth came from another planet, where did that life come from and so on and so on, untill you get right back to the orifinal lifeform, where did tgat cone from, so the panspermia theory is a meaningless idea, it just pushes the question of how life came about, further back
<quoted text>
Not following here. Straa is saying that evolution, whether or not including possible panspermia, is worthy of acceptance. The Big Bang only serves as a possible limit on how long it could have gone on. I note that apparently life on earth has gone on for maybe 4 billion years, and that's about a third of the time since the big bang. Three times that length of time is not going to really make the case for abiogensis being that much more probable. Plus there is time to communicate life between distant planets or life sustaining places. More likely abiogenesis occurred in many places as soon as conditions were right. Might even have occurred here several times.
Life emerged on earth very quickly, as soon as the earth cooled down and the conditions were better, life began, so it seems to be a simple process that happens on planets and moons all over the universe, I think its more likely that life on earth started here on earth, and does so all through the universe
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Honey7 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks so much for your comment But if you know anyone that has an alien inside them could you please get them to comment. I would really like to hear what they have to say, like what do the aliens eat ? or do the aliens eat the scientologest from the inside out and where do they do their number 2s? I think these are all relevant questions and the world needs to know. As I said before, no crack pots Thanks
Nope, sorwee, cant help ye there!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And in Chuck's case it's an empty vessel.(shrug)
Aye, that's not a good thing to be then!!

(not quite sure how that can be, given the territory and all!)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mad omen!!!
Actually, no, as ah quite enjoyed the direct heat!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! Which is EXACTLY why we have lots of fundies with baseless opinions posting in these threads. Reality however remains unaffected.
Exactly-That's why it's actually a good place to be!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a side note, but it's not "theoretically" possible for ET's to climb out of black holes -- if black hole theory is any good.
Yeah, that Would be all backasswards then!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer
Try YES.....
Mitochondrial Eve and Y chromosome Adam
Sorry Russell, you are wrong again.

Mitochondrial Eve lived about 150,000+- years ago. She is the female who ALL of today's women descended from.

Y Chromosomal Adam lived about 50,000 to 60,000+- years ago and he is the ancestor of ALL males alive today.

It doesn't count when they are far apart like that. There was never a time when our ancient ancestors were just one couple. The DNA proves that.

Adam and Eve, as written in the Bible, NEVER existed. The Bible is completely wrong on this story, and it is now provable.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

MazHere wrote:
Exactly what scientific basis do evolutionists use to determine if a so called erv is ancestral or independently inserted?
That,(assuming genomes ar ein the equation) would show up molecularly, in the sequential study of haplotypes.

NO prediction (or fake and phony BS) to it-just realistic, comprehended, unxerstood scientific FACT.

(wth hell are we nominating greedy Idiothoyapper's like Fluke--when there's SO much BETTER actual Intelligence out there....)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is God. You can not change that with your polluted statement.
Some of them are REALLY, TRULY intelligent too!!!

http://sysbio.harvard.edu/csb/research/sabeti...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that we are inside a black hole is virtually certain. It's way beyond a mere guess.
:-)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your malice and hatred of God and the holy bible, will do you no good.
You are wasting your time. GOD or his words can never be disproven.
Sorry Charlie, I don't hate God. How can one hate something that doesn't exist. I also don't hate the Bible. I like debating the creationists on this forum and the Bible is the subject of many, many debates.

Sorry again Charles, but the Old Testament is pretty much disproven by science today...really. I suspect you creationists will go on denying this for a long long time, but we (science) hold the actual truth on the matter...you don't.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess then truth is just what whoever says it loudest and longest...
It goes in both ways.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, don't relish it so much on me..:=)
My best wishes to you. May you, like the little animicule, the Hydra, live forever.( See, I got that turn the other cheek thing ingrained in me when I was little.)
All mortals must die. No big deal about that. Every ones turn is coming.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
And they can't change who God isn't either.
Not being able to prove something one way or the other is still not being able to prove something one way or the other.
Of course none of that nonsense prevents me from hoping you are right.
I am not asking you for any favour. I am only telling you that, you can not deny the validity of the bible and the creator.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
And after almost 2 to the seventeenth power postings on this thread, we don't seem a lot closer to answering even one more important question for certain. Funny thing, it seems to me that the "God is God" logical identity axiom redux doesn't even try to answer a question.
Anyway, once science answers all the questions I'll know it isn't science any more.
Dreaming.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They're almost in the same latitude.
Oh I see. Okay then, we'll do it the way the Biblical "literalists" do it and say it's almost the same, like a circle is almost like a ball.
Cybele wrote:
How about Chinese and Indians or Russians? You know how close Tibet is to India and Pakistan. Why are their physical attributes so different from each other? What is in the environment that caused these differences?
Have you even bothered to try looking up for yourself? Or have you even considered the fact that since evolution occurs anyway (we're all born different remember) that simple change over time would also be another factor? If I can't answer each and every one of your mindless questions do you REALLY think that the theory of evolution is in any danger just because someone who believes (with no evidence at all whatsoever) that aliens made life didn't get their questions answered on some random internet forum full of geeks? Srsly? And if so are you therefore suggesting that all human races were also created separately and did NOT come from a common ancestor? Even many reality-denying dumb-as-a-post YEC's would raise their eyebrows at that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,561 - 60,580 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••