Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,025)

Showing posts 60,481 - 60,500 of111,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes ofcourse, the mortals can never be like the immortal(s).
Tain't seen no immortals! What say you? You have majikal ayes?

Yee-haw!!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
But the US Space Program is not
https://astrobiology.nasa.gov/about-astrobiol...
Astrobiology?
For heavens sake!
Sound like a job where you put your feet up and chill all day...
We've already been over that, Russ. Do try to catch up.

Yes. NASA and the US Air Force (among others) do contribute to SETI. Apparently they see potential benefit for their donations. So, yes INDIRECTLY, SETI is receiving some taxpayer benefit -- but it's a stretch to say they are taxpayer funded.

Furthermore, if you feel 'astrobiology' is such a sweet job, I suggest you apply. That loud roar you will hear thereafter will be the combined laughter from the various agencies you applied for, once they peruse your application for employment.

You wouldn't make a good janitor at their facilities.

Since: Dec 12

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention of "aliens", but given so much that we DON'T know..nothing can relaly be ruled "out". Not to people with actual active brain waves anyway!!
“No culture in the history of the world, save the thoroughly depraved and expiring ones, has failed to affirm the existence of a Supreme Being. It is an empirical observation that men without a strong and lasting faith in a Supreme Being are less capable, less ethical and less valuable to themselves and society....A man without an abiding faith is, by observation alone, more of a thing than a man.”
Not a bad intro to the concepts of...
http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-be...
Thanks so much for your comment But if you know anyone that has an alien inside them could you please get them to comment. I would really like to hear what they have to say, like what do the aliens eat ? or do the aliens eat the scientologest from the inside out and where do they do their number 2s? I think these are all relevant questions and the world needs to know. As I said before, no crack pots Thanks

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
OOO...OOOO... SCORE Another one for Charles lol
An advice:
When laughing, next just take a quick look at the mirror.
Ugly !
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
You got him, Cybele
NO EVIDENCE
I begged for evidence in the parallel, now defunct debate, due to every evo-god worshipper being walloped big time with evo-god's mangled carcass
May be you can get him to shrug for us
He's shrugosaurus and awfully funny!
I even peer reviewed a paper for him:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TMH...
Post #1408
I tried to explain later on that evo-god was just trying to be 'nice' by turning the other cheek....
But as usual got the Scriptures wrong...
I got plenty of evidence. And your thread there is just you running away from everybody for seven weeks instead of dealing with it. Well done.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, ever changing
Ever capricious...
Will catch up eventually
Yes, you got caught lying and won't even apologise for it. So much for the 9th Commandment.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which bit of the babble do you read? Because I have posted some of the verses that deny what you claim, maybe you need to read those verses too in order for you to get a complete appreciation of the book you claim to admire.
My information came from the babble which is why I posted the verse numbers and in some cased some of the wording of those verses that you are currently denying.
So what you are saying is that the babble is lying because it does not agree with your interpretation
Up to now you have provided nothing (N O T H I N G) to contradict the wording of the babble
Genesis 20 vs 1 to 3.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What comic books are you reading?
Crazy talk!
Have you seen any one living forever? none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Ey, you not think people like Charles can see through all the bullchit smoke?
Ahh puleasee..........
Chuck? No. He really is daft as they come. Russ and Maz know the difference, but then they're in the evangelism business, feecing money off the gullible like Chuck.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Listen Dude-if YOU want to be a tool so be it--but NOT all of us do.
SOME of us prefer to be..well...more like "vessels".
So there.
And in Chuck's case it's an empty vessel.(shrug)

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
AMEN!!
(and now to not so warp speed, ah have given my chauffer, the monkey-the day off, while ah quest for some gray poupon )
Sane people-have a good day-the not so sane and rather distasteful, parasiTic types--they make speshull professionals for people like yew lol.
Mad omen!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
And the OTHER thing with "opinions" vs solidified FACTS, are people are entitled to their OWN individual ones-no matter what any other UNsubstantiated full of nothing but "horsepuckey jack-a" type doodoo opinion holder thinks.
ESPECIALLY in America!!
Yup! Which is EXACTLY why we have lots of fundies with baseless opinions posting in these threads. Reality however remains unaffected.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And in Chuck's case it's an empty vessel.(shrug)
Likewise.
reality

Germantown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The only question I have about the legitimacy of evolution...

What specific factor(s) in homo sapiens evolutionary process has prevented the brains of creationists from fully evolving to the capacity of the rest of us?

(lol!)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Genesis 20 vs 1 to 3.
Well that explains why you know so little about the babble, there is a lot more to it than 3 verses

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Honey7 wrote:
I have a question :) Now we all know there are hundreds of different religions and god bless every one of them Now one of the most recent ones is "Scientology" and everyone knows they have an Alien inside them :) just your normal ever day run of the mill religion. Well, I want to know where inside the body is the little feller (the alien) living Now this is a serious discussion so no crack pots are aloud to comment, please. But where is it? Does it have a little house ? and how did it get in there? and does the poor little thing have enough room in there ? and this is the big question Why don't they (the Scientologists) talk about it any more ? I mean this answers the question "ARE WE ALONE in the universe " well no, just ask a Scientologist I would love to hear your views on the subject and maybe we can get an alien to comment I'm excited
Mine has a small house in my left cerebral cortex and also a couple of time share condominiums for when it wants to take a break. One in Honolulu and one in a ski lodge at Whistler (Canada). Greedy bugger never shares.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. They're not at the same latitude. But then I don't recall evolution claiming everything at the same latitude should have all the same traits.
I do recall successfully predicting your flawed method of argumentation though.
They're almost in the same latitude. How about Chinese and Indians or Russians? You know how close Tibet is to India and Pakistan. Why are their physical attributes so different from each other? What is in the environment that caused these differences?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Crazy talk!
Have you seen any one living forever? none.
Have you? No, then why are you making stupid statement about comic characters?
Let me pass you the link to you very own post
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They're almost in the same latitude. How about Chinese and Indians or Russians? You know how close Tibet is to India and Pakistan. Why are their physical attributes so different from each other? What is in the environment that caused these differences?
Mountains – ever heard of them?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
AMEN!!
(and now to not so warp speed, ah have given my chauffer, the monkey-the day off, while ah quest for some gray poupon )
Sane people-have a good day-the not so sane and rather distasteful, parasiTic types--they make speshull professionals for people like yew lol.
Again, when laughing, a quick look at the mirror will do you some good. Ugly!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,481 - 60,500 of111,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Letter T (Dec '11) 3 min Independent1 2,367
The Letter "O" (May '09) 4 min Independent1 3,196
A six word game (Dec '08) 5 min Trouser Cough 17,147
Word Association (Jun '10) 7 min Independent1 25,856
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 9 min night machine 177
98% of men believe women are worthless. (Aug '08) 13 min Independent1 852
ask amy rose 14 min Independent1 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min curiouslu 140,565
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr wichita-rick 15,411
How to become Unbannable 2 hr its me daisy 87
Kodiak, Alaska, Has Most Expensive Haircut in US 5 hr KKKafeteria Christianists 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••