Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,021)

Showing posts 60,401 - 60,420 of106,345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
Thus design arguments versus the mindless nonsense of evolutionary philosophy predate Darwin by a long shot.
Yup. Design arguments are thousands of years old.

And they've developed very little since.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is one. Whatever versions of religions we have, there is only one God, while others are sub gods or deities.
HAHAHAHA your making it up as you go alone. I love it YEY CLAP CLAP MORE MORE You are the reason more & more people are turning to evolution & from the bottom of my heart I say thank you xoxox

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The issue is that creation can never be ruled out in science or any thing.
Wrong

Science is now considering the once taboo question of “what happened before”. Given the now overwhelming theoretical and mathematical understanding of the nature of both the universe and that existing outside our universe it is now considered very doubtful if a creation (in the sense of something from nothing) occurred at all.

Certainly the vast majority of people working in the field of cosmology have reached that conclusion, including long time big bang adherents who have on seeing the maths modified their position. This universe is known to be around 13,7 billion years old. It is now understood to be surrounded by other universes (there is evidence for this from 3 different sources) that have over infinite time grown and spawned other universes and will be the eventual fate of our own universe. From infinite past to infinite future

I have discussed this with you before and offered you links to the appropriate sites and scientists and the methods of how they are now able to consider these once unthinkable thoughts. It seems that you have been ignoring your education for some strange reason.

Dr Param Singh, Louisiana State University www.phys.lsu.edu
Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton, University of North Carolina www.physics.unc.edu
Professor Andrei Linde - Stanford University www.stanford.edu
Professor Bob Nichol - Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, Portsmouth research.icg.port.ac.uk
Professor Lee Smolin - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca
Professor Neil Turok - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca

Professor Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford, as well as an Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College. Fellow of the Royal Society of London, awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society, awarded the Albert Einstein Medal, knighted for services to science etc, etc. Given all that knowledge and education and achievement the mathematics of Dr Param Singh have caused him to reconsider and change his mind. But of course what ore the chances of you saying something along the lines of this post is too long and promptly ignoring it?

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG WRONG WRONG
Anyone with two neurons synapsing correctly knows that the "creation/design/evolutio n debate predates Darwin by AGES AND AGES:
Nice recap. I enjoyed the perspective. I remember reading Lucretius and being astonished at the clarity of his vision despite the context of the times. It convinced me of one important thing: It is not all that hard to rise above the illusions, the myths, or the cruelties of the culture you live in. For example, in revolutionary days, we don't have to forgive the founding fathers of that time for the excuse that our society allowed slavery, and they could get a free pass on it too. It's the same these days, solders are not to be given a moral pass, just following orders, on the decision to go to war or resist it, when they are the ones who are most able to make the difference. They have to confront the moral decision no matter how many evil people claim that they have a higher duty to country than humanity itself. Then they may decide to go to war, or not, but only after that brave reflection.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is one. Whatever versions of religions we have, there is only one God, while others are sub gods or deities.
Wrong, even the babble quotes your own god as acknowledging other gods. Whassup? You gods word not good enough for you? Or is it that like most godbots you ignore Exodus 12:12, Exodus 20:2-3 and Exodus 34:14

or how about
Psalm 82:1-2 - God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather entertain the idea of ET agents sending us coded messages. Why do you think Frank Drake and Carl Sagan developed the Arecibo message as a CETI experiment? To make dodos out of themselves?
Maybe you're a retard.
I like your optimism in that respect. I worked on adopting the SETI signal analysis program to my operating system (OpenBSD) some years ago. I was thrilled to work with them a bit and to be able to accomplish it. I keep hoping. I do believe they will succeed eventually.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
WOW There, there Benny remember to breath mate Good air in through the nose & bad air out through the mouth. I know another Charles you would really get alone well with Charles Manson He would love to meet a crazy little f*#ker like you.Mmm yummy So I wont say your god is a egotistical mass murdering loony if you don't say anything mean about Charles Darwin Okay :) Now you play nice Benny

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Honey wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHA your making it up as you go alone. I love it YEY CLAP CLAP MORE MORE You are the reason more & more people are turning to evolution & from the bottom of my heart I say thank you xoxox
And you are very sure about that guess?
God is one. Other gods or deities are man made gods or sub - gods.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
Science is now considering the once taboo question of “what happened before”. Given the now overwhelming theoretical and mathematical understanding of the nature of both the universe and that existing outside our universe it is now considered very doubtful if a creation (in the sense of something from nothing) occurred at all.
Certainly the vast majority of people working in the field of cosmology have reached that conclusion, including long time big bang adherents who have on seeing the maths modified their position. This universe is known to be around 13,7 billion years old. It is now understood to be surrounded by other universes (there is evidence for this from 3 different sources) that have over infinite time grown and spawned other universes and will be the eventual fate of our own universe. From infinite past to infinite future
I have discussed this with you before and offered you links to the appropriate sites and scientists and the methods of how they are now able to consider these once unthinkable thoughts. It seems that you have been ignoring your education for some strange reason.
Dr Param Singh, Louisiana State University www.phys.lsu.edu
Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton, University of North Carolina www.physics.unc.edu
Professor Andrei Linde - Stanford University www.stanford.edu
Professor Bob Nichol - Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, Portsmouth research.icg.port.ac.uk
Professor Lee Smolin - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca
Professor Neil Turok - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca
Professor Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford, as well as an Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College. Fellow of the Royal Society of London, awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society, awarded the Albert Einstein Medal, knighted for services to science etc, etc. Given all that knowledge and education and achievement the mathematics of Dr Param Singh have caused him to reconsider and change his mind. But of course what ore the chances of you saying something along the lines of this post is too long and promptly ignoring it?
A one and simple answer to this question, humans can never be God.
God is still God, that is why science is still lacking.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ what what O its just you again ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ:)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Honey wrote:
<quoted text>lololol WOW I didn't know there was that many But you've got to agree, its good entertainment lol
Yup very entertaining especially when after a few weeks it gets too much for the godbots and they reboot and start all over again

http://www.godchecker.com/

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your malice and hatred of God and the holy bible, will do you no good.
I'll agree with that. If you have malice or hatred for God, you have just about yielded the proof you deny as possible. You are saying that he does exits. Although it is not wrong to hate some of the terrible things that were done for the sake of the idea of God.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your time. GOD or his words can never be disproven.
But the problem is that the claim that the words in the bible are not God's words can't be disproven either. Besides that, multitudes of different meanings are ascribed to them by countless religious factions, so those have to be sorted out first.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, even the babble quotes your own god as acknowledging other gods. Whassup? You gods word not good enough for you? Or is it that like most godbots you ignore Exodus 12:12, Exodus 20:2-3 and Exodus 34:14
or how about
Psalm 82:1-2 - God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?
You can not turn the bible upside down.
God is one. The bible mentioned Baals, Asherah, Dagon, etc, as sub gods, and God also warned the people of Israel not to worship those disgusting gods.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A one and simple answer to this question, humans can never be God.
God is still God, that is why science is still lacking.
So you either didn’t read my post pr didn’t understand it, in either case well done for showing further evidence of your ignorance

It is not science that is lacking, it is you that is in denial yet you still manage to use science to tell the world that you believe science is lacking, as we already know, you are not only ignorant you are hypocritical
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you are very sure about that guess?
God is one. Other gods or deities are man made gods or sub - gods.
God is one what? What are you trying to tell me. Are you saying he is like that Because if you are when that is so cool really cool WOW a gay god woohoo lolol I'm just messing with ya

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The issue is that creation can never be ruled out in science or any thing.
I'd be the first to concede that point. It is the very definition of a moving goalpost anyway.

Although, Hawking and friends have taken a stab at it, I am far from convinced, I no matter how many symmetries they break in the process.

My hero is Noether, and being a fairly conservative fellow, I'll resist them trying to destroy all the symmetries in the equations of physics. All the beauty would be gone. They can jolly well stop picking at it. It's worse than the tragedy of the commons...

I am personally partial to the world upon the elephant standing on the back of the giant turtle, and still bigger turtles going all the way down...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree with that. If you have malice or hatred for God, you have just about yielded the proof you deny as possible. You are saying that he does exits. Although it is not wrong to hate some of the terrible things that were done for the sake of the idea of God.
<quoted text>
But the problem is that the claim that the words in the bible are not God's words can't be disproven either. Besides that, multitudes of different meanings are ascribed to them by countless religious factions, so those have to be sorted out first.
The different religious sects or factions, does not rule out the existence of God. God exist and he wants us to seek him.
Religious factions are man made.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you either didn’t read my post pr didn’t understand it, in either case well done for showing further evidence of your ignorance
It is not science that is lacking, it is you that is in denial yet you still manage to use science to tell the world that you believe science is lacking, as we already know, you are not only ignorant you are hypocritical
I don't need to read any thing. Science is still not having the ultimate answers to human complicated.
Mortals are mortals.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing at all.
Except your petty god loves blood sacrifices.
Hey :) don't let the superstitious people get to you. Remember what they are, good entertainment and never loose your sense of humor. One more thing, when they say "so you think 95% of the people on the planet are wrong" I'd like to take a world poll now and I bet there are more people that believe in the scientific truth that an old, dying superstition.:)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can not turn the bible upside down.
God is one. The bible mentioned Baals, Asherah, Dagon, etc, as sub gods, and God also warned the people of Israel not to worship those disgusting gods.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can not turn the bible upside down.
Yes you can, just as with any other book, it’s easy. However I think you are not talking about the physicality but about the interpretation. In that case too you are mistaken, there are as many interpretations as there are sects of your religion (and every one of the 38000+ sects of christianity claims to be the only correct one). The nice thing about reading it as a book rather than a as a religious guide is that you don’t need to interpret based on what you are told to interpret but instead apply logic and literalness of the writing.

However those passages each mention other gods which you deny. Psalm 82:1-2 even mentions that he joined them, went amongst them, it does not mention anything about over them or subjugation of them, i.e. He considered himself equal, not above.

Yes the babble states he warned not to worship them but not that they were disgusting but he was jealous of them and he said so himself,
“You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:4-5).

Say what? He is said in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) to be omnipotent yet he is petty?

Why is your view so different from your gods? So again you are ignoring the word of your god, some christian you turned out to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,401 - 60,420 of106,345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••