Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199270 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64574 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No loser.
God is one, so says the bible. Where ever you got your polluted information from, i don' t care.
Which bit of the babble do you read? Because I have posted some of the verses that deny what you claim, maybe you need to read those verses too in order for you to get a complete appreciation of the book you claim to admire.

My information came from the babble which is why I posted the verse numbers and in some cased some of the wording of those verses that you are currently denying.

So what you are saying is that the babble is lying because it does not agree with your interpretation

Up to now you have provided nothing (N O T H I N G) to contradict the wording of the babble

Level 6

#64575 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes ofcourse, the mortals can never be like the immortal(s).
What comic books are you reading?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64576 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You opinion without evidence is simply you opinion and just like buttholes everyone has one
True words--especially applicable for the types that think their mere "opinions" (which are often FULL of NOTHING but UNsubstanstiated "horsepucky-jacka doodoo) areon par equivalent as that of gospels of some "god" or something.

There's that reoccuring FLAW in humanity again :-)

Since: Dec 12

Nerang, Australia

#64577 Dec 11, 2012
I have a question :) Now we all know there are hundreds of different religions and god bless every one of them Now one of the most recent ones is "Scientology" and everyone knows they have an Alien inside them :) just your normal ever day run of the mill religion. Well, I want to know where inside the body is the little feller (the alien) living Now this is a serious discussion so no crack pots are aloud to comment, please. But where is it? Does it have a little house ? and how did it get in there? and does the poor little thing have enough room in there ? and this is the big question Why don't they (the Scientologists) talk about it any more ? I mean this answers the question "ARE WE ALONE in the universe " well no, just ask a Scientologist I would love to hear your views on the subject and maybe we can get an alien to comment I'm excited
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64578 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which bit of the babble do you read? Because I have posted some of the verses that deny what you claim, maybe you need to read those verses too in order for you to get a complete appreciation of the book you claim to admire.
My information came from the babble which is why I posted the verse numbers and in some cased some of the wording of those verses that you are currently denying.
So what you are saying is that the babble is lying because it does not agree with your interpretation
Up to now you have provided nothing (N O T H I N G) to contradict the wording of the babble
And the OTHER thing with "opinions" vs solidified FACTS, are people are entitled to their OWN individual ones-no matter what any other UNsubstantiated full of nothing but "horsepuckey jack-a" type doodoo opinion holder thinks.

ESPECIALLY in America!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64579 Dec 11, 2012
Honey7 wrote:
I have a question :) Now we all know there are hundreds of different religions and god bless every one of them Now one of the most recent ones is "Scientology" and everyone knows they have an Alien inside them :) just your normal ever day run of the mill religion. Well, I want to know where inside the body is the little feller (the alien) living Now this is a serious discussion so no crack pots are aloud to comment, please. But where is it? Does it have a little house ? and how did it get in there? and does the poor little thing have enough room in there ? and this is the big question Why don't they (the Scientologists) talk about it any more ? I mean this answers the question "ARE WE ALONE in the universe " well no, just ask a Scientologist I would love to hear your views on the subject and maybe we can get an alien to comment I'm excited
No mention of "aliens", but given so much that we DON'T know..nothing can relaly be ruled "out". Not to people with actual active brain waves anyway!!

“No culture in the history of the world, save the thoroughly depraved and expiring ones, has failed to affirm the existence of a Supreme Being. It is an empirical observation that men without a strong and lasting faith in a Supreme Being are less capable, less ethical and less valuable to themselves and society....A man without an abiding faith is, by observation alone, more of a thing than a man.”

Not a bad intro to the concepts of...

http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-be...

Nerang, Australia

#64580 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The different sects of Christianity does not change who God really is.
God is still God.
AND SANTA IS STILL SANTA :) MERRY CHRISTMAS well he is !!! I mean who else drinks the milk and eats the cookies WELL
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64581 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The eyes i know are met for sight.
Use it wisely. No preaching.
AMEN!!

(and now to not so warp speed, ah have given my chauffer, the monkey-the day off, while ah quest for some gray poupon )

Sane people-have a good day-the not so sane and rather distasteful, parasiTic types--they make speshull professionals for people like yew lol.

Level 6

#64582 Dec 11, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
True words--especially applicable for the types that think their mere "opinions" (which are often FULL of NOTHING but UNsubstanstiated "horsepucky-jacka doodoo) areon par equivalent as that of gospels of some "god" or something.
There's that reoccuring FLAW in humanity again :-)
It keeps cropping up
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#64583 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, ever changing
Ever capricious...
Will catch up eventually
Do you have any idea how the scientific "Adam and Eve" are defined? Personally, I think they should never have used those names and give credibility to the creation myth. Anyway, they only are abstractions that trace the absolute, single common female and male ancestor of the species. It can only be done because of the unique singular donations of the male y chromosome and the mDNA from one parent only.

They have no bearing on the creation myth and there is most likely older single common ancestors that are harder to trace, although with enough research, they may be able to extract estimates on a common female ancestor based on the x chromosome someday.

Don't bother trying mysticism on subjects you don't understand. And no, I don't intend to indulge your Gish gallops. Just keep your "capricious" babble to yourself.

Any other capricious activity on this site is the product of individual nature and not due to the manifestations of science! ;)
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#64584 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes ofcourse, the mortals can never be like the immortal(s).
Tain't seen no immortals! What say you? You have majikal ayes?

Yee-haw!!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#64585 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
But the US Space Program is not
https://astrobiology.nasa.gov/about-astrobiol...
Astrobiology?
For heavens sake!
Sound like a job where you put your feet up and chill all day...
We've already been over that, Russ. Do try to catch up.

Yes. NASA and the US Air Force (among others) do contribute to SETI. Apparently they see potential benefit for their donations. So, yes INDIRECTLY, SETI is receiving some taxpayer benefit -- but it's a stretch to say they are taxpayer funded.

Furthermore, if you feel 'astrobiology' is such a sweet job, I suggest you apply. That loud roar you will hear thereafter will be the combined laughter from the various agencies you applied for, once they peruse your application for employment.

You wouldn't make a good janitor at their facilities.

Nerang, Australia

#64586 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
No mention of "aliens", but given so much that we DON'T know..nothing can relaly be ruled "out". Not to people with actual active brain waves anyway!!
“No culture in the history of the world, save the thoroughly depraved and expiring ones, has failed to affirm the existence of a Supreme Being. It is an empirical observation that men without a strong and lasting faith in a Supreme Being are less capable, less ethical and less valuable to themselves and society....A man without an abiding faith is, by observation alone, more of a thing than a man.”
Not a bad intro to the concepts of...
http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-be...
Thanks so much for your comment But if you know anyone that has an alien inside them could you please get them to comment. I would really like to hear what they have to say, like what do the aliens eat ? or do the aliens eat the scientologest from the inside out and where do they do their number 2s? I think these are all relevant questions and the world needs to know. As I said before, no crack pots Thanks

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64587 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
OOO...OOOO... SCORE Another one for Charles lol
An advice:
When laughing, next just take a quick look at the mirror.
Ugly !
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64588 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
You got him, Cybele
NO EVIDENCE
I begged for evidence in the parallel, now defunct debate, due to every evo-god worshipper being walloped big time with evo-god's mangled carcass
May be you can get him to shrug for us
He's shrugosaurus and awfully funny!
I even peer reviewed a paper for him:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TMH...
Post #1408
I tried to explain later on that evo-god was just trying to be 'nice' by turning the other cheek....
But as usual got the Scriptures wrong...
I got plenty of evidence. And your thread there is just you running away from everybody for seven weeks instead of dealing with it. Well done.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64589 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, ever changing
Ever capricious...
Will catch up eventually
Yes, you got caught lying and won't even apologise for it. So much for the 9th Commandment.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64590 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 20 vs 1 to 3.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64591 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What comic books are you reading?
Crazy talk!
Have you seen any one living forever? none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64592 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Ey, you not think people like Charles can see through all the bullchit smoke?
Ahh puleasee..........
Chuck? No. He really is daft as they come. Russ and Maz know the difference, but then they're in the evangelism business, feecing money off the gullible like Chuck.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64593 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Listen Dude-if YOU want to be a tool so be it--but NOT all of us do.
SOME of us prefer to be..well...more like "vessels".
So there.
And in Chuck's case it's an empty vessel.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 5 min andet1987 35,192
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Jennifer Renee 18,011
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min -Prince- 145,408
True False Game (Jun '11) 9 min andet1987 12,397
2words into 2new words (May '12) 13 min andet1987 2,217
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 17 min Northbound 56,805
it's the color yellow 18 min andet1987 88
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 22 min Crystal_Clear722 7,197
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Grey Daze 192,793
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 7 hr Spotted Girl 23