Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171714 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64537 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So you claim evolutionists destroy the Earth with extra heat therefore the Earth is young thereby accelerating radioactive decay and creating more heat thereby destroying the Earth therefore Goddidit with magic.
BRILLIANT!
And who knew that evolutionists existed before the theory of evolution? It's now a time travelling conspiracy!!!
There ya go...more "FLAWED" meremly madmade construction lol

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64538 Dec 11, 2012
Honey wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHA O your killing me and the bibles always right Right hahahahaha I'm not trying to upset you, really I'm not But that's such an insane thing to say. The bible is a story book that's all and one day waaay in the future, they will look back at the history of human evolution and think wow we've come a long way Thank Darwin we are not like that any more :)
There is only one God, Jester.
More than half of your population knows that.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64539 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer
Try YES.....
Mitochondrial Eve and Y chromosome Adam
Mitochondrial Eve and Y chromosome Adam lived about 80,000 years apart

So are you saying that Adam was well into necrophilia?

Level 2

Location hidden

#64540 Dec 11, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not. Not impossible that anyone will convert. And death bed conversions are a dime a dozen. Boy, the day that light hits me, I am going to make all the evos squirm,'cause I'll know all their tricks by then. That other me will probably be a real pain in the neck!
I am glad you know that death is inevitable.
No matter how powerful you are, you must die.

Since: Dec 12

Nerang, Australia

#64541 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Chucky is unwittingly not wrong in this particular case. Creationism can never be completely ruled out of science. All they need to is present a scientific case for it.
3,000 years later they have none.
And they never will So come on all you bible bashing creationists, once and for all prove it. Come on, I mean you've got the god on your side, there's no need for him to hide any more. Come on down. I dare you too, I double dare you.:) Take your time We've been waiting this long ....

Level 2

Location hidden

#64542 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if you had any sort of education at all you would know that there is actually literally thousands.
And how do you "know" that yours is the "right" one? Oh yeah - people DIE, therefore the Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so.
You one smart cookie.
The different sects of Christianity does not change who God really is.
God is still God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64543 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
Shrugosaurus!
You're back!
How about a shrug...
What's wrong with a shrug between old buds?
C'mon
Shrug, shrug, shrug....
I notice you are still going on about nested hierarchies
You old sandbag
How about joining us here in the 21st century
Take the Gene: TAAR1 ENSG00000146399
http://asia.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Com...
Now, of course it could be argued that the primates are all together, more similar to each other. But it should be noticed that Because this gene in Humans is less similar to Gorilla than it is to Monkeys then the Nested Hierarchy is violated between the Great Ape Gorilla which should be more similar to Humans than Humans are to Marmosets, Gibbons and Macuaques.
Not according to your own info. That's why you have to misrepresent datasets like this, because it's the overall base by base comparison that counts. So let's propose an example where TAAR1 is present in the ancestor of both humans and gorillas 12MYA. Humans and gorillas split roughly 10MYA and diverge as expected, however the gorilla lineage happens to see more changes in TAAR1 than the separate lineage that led to lets say Orangs. The overall genetic comparison between humans and gorillas demonstrates gorillas to be the closest genetic match, but it happens that TAAR1 is more different in gorillas to humans than it is in Orangs. This is *not* a violation of nested hierarchy.

But then none of this matters if Goddidit with magic anyway does it?

Oops.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64544 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is only one God, Jester.
Nope there are more than 3700 documented, as we have discussed several times during the course of this day

You have not managed to contradict the fact, you have not managed to contradict the wording that you own god accepts that there are more than one god. All you have done is give personal opinion (as usual) with nothing to back it up, itís the Charles Idemi way
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64545 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Spying what?
Creation in/ on this aspect, constitute about 70%.
Ruling out creation from science according to Makesure 100, is a freakshow.
Everything you say here is a freak show. Stop wandering up to complete strangers and making off=the=wall statements to them, then demanding that they study the Bible to make the same harebrained conclusions that you have.

You're in your own patriarchal fantasy. Nobody else! Even your Greek chorus is mostly involuntary pedestrians who you thank for their Christian participation. Between you all, your faith couldn't win you a purse full of discount coupons at the grocery store. There might be a few accidental deaths with scissors though.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64546 Dec 11, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Bible for some, can be a great book of instruction, for those willing to read with open heart, rather than ignorant narrow mind anyway, on how NOT to be repeatedly "STUPID" for all man(et woe-man) kind lol.
Ah like that werd Freak...it is SO applicable to some of the walking uh "NOT so evolved" rocks sometimes lol.
True. Lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64547 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey, that <shrug> really is a good answer...it emits some actual realistic, logical, rational, down to earth SENSE!!!
Sure it does. Because I have other posts which back me up, then mooks like Maz and Russ don't bother to address. Then they simply move onto something else instead just like good little lying for Jesus propagandists should. Or in Maz's case repeat the same shite over and over and pretend no-one's dealt with it. Then daft people like Charles buy it.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64548 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am glad you know that death is inevitable.
No matter how powerful you are, you must die.
Unlike you, Austinhook doesn't separate himself from the natural world where everything dies. Only self-propelled egg beaters like you claim that immortality is the natural order and that the reality of man's mortality is proof of God.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64549 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And the science of God is still lacking since you have no science to show it even exists.
You said so, so that word is less important.
God is a God of science. Period.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64550 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer
Try YES.....
Mitochondrial Eve and Y chromosome Adam
And they were separated by thousands of years genetically.

Of course that doesn't matter if Goddidit with magic.

But thanks again for lying about the evidence supporting you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64551 Dec 11, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrugosaurus
You disappoint....
As usual...
The chruch took the Aristotelian view and NOT the Bible...
Don't skim read, you old sandbag
I don't. In fact I'm the only Biblical literalist I know, because certainly no fundie ever does. Not even Chuck who apparently thinks God Himself is the one who put pen to paper on the thing. The fact that you pretend the Bible has to say something it does not is NOT our problem.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64552 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Chucky is unwittingly not wrong in this particular case. Creationism can never be completely ruled out of science. All they need to is present a scientific case for it.
3,000 years later they have none.
And yet Science is still not the ultimate. A lot of questions yet un-answered.

Since: Dec 12

Nerang, Australia

#64553 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is only one God, Jester.
WOW more than half you say. Well then its come down quite a bit from what it was don't you think It use to be 95% of the planet Thank goodness people are waking up. It must be because of the scientific evidences, you think ? O don't worry, you'll always have you faith to cling to.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64554 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Heard a new one the other day--the universe as we know it--being INSIDE a "black hole".
Kind of a (no doubt on the kind of--was stemming from) a "cultish" environment but...a thought that ah'd never pondered before :-)...
Until a valid hypothesis is presented I pay little attention to such whimsical and meaningless philosophical ideas. I prefer being stuck in the Matrix anyway. Cuz bullet-time was cooooool.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64555 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not baseless but demonstrated fact. Once you're capable of formulating a rational rebuttal then maybe you'll be taken seriously. As it is all you can do is preach.(shrug)
The eyes i know are met for sight.
Use it wisely. No preaching.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64556 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The different sects of Christianity does not change who God really is.
God is still God.
And that may well be. But it's still probably completely different to what you think it's like.

Not that it'll stop you from pretending to know more about God than anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min cathouse cowboy 79,785
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 5 min cathouse cowboy 2,099
last word - first (Jun '12) 6 min KNIGHT DeVINE 7,782
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 7 min cathouse cowboy 133
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min eleanorigby 42,090
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Satan 167,088
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 11 min cathouse cowboy 6,048
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min KNIGHT DeVINE 12,671
*Classical music Thread* 1 hr Satan 51
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr middleman1 29,513