Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Honey

Nerang, Australia

#64475 Dec 11, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing at all.
Except your petty god loves blood sacrifices.
Hey :) don't let the superstitious people get to you. Remember what they are, good entertainment and never loose your sense of humor. One more thing, when they say "so you think 95% of the people on the planet are wrong" I'd like to take a world poll now and I bet there are more people that believe in the scientific truth that an old, dying superstition.:)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64476 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can not turn the bible upside down.
God is one. The bible mentioned Baals, Asherah, Dagon, etc, as sub gods, and God also warned the people of Israel not to worship those disgusting gods.
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is one. The bible mentioned Baals, Asherah, Dagon, etc, as sub gods, and God also warned the people of Israel not to worship those disgusting gods.
Yes you can, just as with any other book, it’s easy. However I think you are not talking about the physicality but about the interpretation. In that case too you are mistaken, there are as many interpretations as there are sects of your religion (and every one of the 38000+ sects of christianity claims to be the only correct one). The nice thing about reading it as a book rather than a as a religious guide is that you don’t need to interpret based on what you are told to interpret but instead apply logic and literalness of the writing.

However those passages each mention other gods which you deny. Psalm 82:1-2 even mentions that he joined them, went amongst them, it does not mention anything about over them or subjugation of them, i.e. He considered himself equal, not above.

Yes the babble states he warned not to worship them but not that they were disgusting but he was jealous of them and he said so himself,
“You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:4-5).

Say what? He is said in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) to be omnipotent yet he is petty?

Why is your view so different from your gods? So again you are ignoring the word of your god, some christian you turned out to be.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#64477 Dec 11, 2012
Honey wrote:
<quoted text>lololol WOW I didn't know there was that many But you've got to agree, its good entertainment lol
I'd like to pick Kali to be born in the image of. I could always use and extra hand...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64478 Dec 11, 2012
Honey wrote:
<quoted text>God is one what? What are you trying to tell me. Are you saying he is like that Because if you are when that is so cool really cool WOW a gay god woohoo lolol I'm just messing with ya
If you are from the US, UK, western Europe and some other parts of the world, you would know that there is only one God. The bible said so.

Level 6

#64479 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don't need to read any thing. Science is still not having the ultimate answers to human complicated.
Mortals are mortals.
More admission of your ignorance, how do you live with yourself?

Science is working on answers, unlike the godbots who are stuck in the bronze age yet willing to embrace that science that they decry to decry that science.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#64480 Dec 11, 2012
Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Hey :) don't let the superstitious people get to you. Remember what they are, good entertainment and never loose your sense of humor. One more thing, when they say "so you think 95% of the people on the planet are wrong" I'd like to take a world poll now and I bet there are more people that believe in the scientific truth that an old, dying superstition.:)
Of course even the "95%" would have to admit that with a best case scenario 2/3 of the people on the planet are wrong. There is a slue of gods out there and the only thing they all agree on is that the others don't exist.

Hmm, maybe they are more right than I give them credit for. The whole world is at least 99.9% atheist!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#64481 Dec 11, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
According to that link:
"Intriguingly, the precursor molecules used by Sutherland’s team have been identified in interstellar dust clouds and on meteorites."
That's interesting because that could mean there is life out there!
....and since the planet earth has been continuously bombarded by intersteller debris in the form of asteroids, comets, etc since being formed, those compounds have 'hitched a ride' here as well.

Organic compounds and other essential substances in deep space, the ability of these chemicals to NATURALLY combine to create base elements for life (RNA).....

Hmmmm....

Milk River, Canada

#64482 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
There was something about Jehovah as meaning son of some father god that was also father to other gods in the region.

In any case you might be missing a good bet. Maybe Baal was the chief and Jehovah only the sub-God, or else why did the people of Israel keep going back to him every the leaders turned their backs. I hear that Baal was quite a party guy, though I didn't like having to sacrifice one's first born to him. Kind of puts a depressing palour on the party parlour

Level 6

#64483 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you are from the US, UK, western Europe and some other parts of the world, you would know that there is only one God. The bible said so.
Location has buggerall to do with babble BS

The babble also states there were multiple gods as I have already shown you with the last hour, it even claims you god joined them. A point that you CHOOSE to ignore, that’s true christianity in a nutshell

Which bit of the babble ya going to believe (if any)?

Level 2

Location hidden

#64484 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes you can, just as with any other book, it’s easy. However I think you are not talking about the physicality but about the interpretation. In that case too you are mistaken, there are as many interpretations as there are sects of your religion (and every one of the 38000+ sects of christianity claims to be the only correct one). The nice thing about reading it as a book rather than a as a religious guide is that you don’t need to interpret based on what you are told to interpret but instead apply logic and literalness of the writing.
However those passages each mention other gods which you deny. Psalm 82:1-2 even mentions that he joined them, went amongst them, it does not mention anything about over them or subjugation of them, i.e. He considered himself equal, not above.
Yes the babble states he warned not to worship them but not that they were disgusting but he was jealous of them and he said so himself,
“You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:4-5).
Say what? He is said in Revelation 19:6 (KJV) to be omnipotent yet he is petty?
Why is your view so different from your gods? So again you are ignoring the word of your god, some christian you turned out to be.
Babbling!
You are interpreting the bible wrongly.
Go on with your gibberish.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#64485 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Things that make me think:
Odd that an Aussie, talking to a fellow Aussie, would use an American reference. One would think that with all the racial issue the white Australians had with the Australian Aborigines, that a suitable Australian reference would have been used, thus ensuring the understanding between the two Aussies.
I am sure that many excuses will or could be made, but I wouldn't believe them. I believe that someone is lying about being an Aussie.
MazHere, whatcho lyin' fer agin
Honey

Nerang, Australia

#64486 Dec 11, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to pick Kali to be born in the image of. I could always use and extra hand...
HAHA that's more like it These E vs C comments can get a little heated and at the end of the day every sane person knows there isn't a god I mean DAR. I mean OK GOD, COME ON, SMITE ME O GOD, COME ON waiting waiting It's just soooo silly, but fun
Honey

Nerang, Australia

#64487 Dec 11, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course even the "95%" would have to admit that with a best case scenario 2/3 of the people on the planet are wrong. There is a slue of gods out there and the only thing they all agree on is that the others don't exist.
Hmm, maybe they are more right than I give them credit for. The whole world is at least 99.9% atheist!
O MY GOD YOUR RIGHT you should get a medal, you are brilliant. HAHA love it Thanks for the laugh.:)

Level 2

Location hidden

#64488 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
More admission of your ignorance, how do you live with yourself?
Science is working on answers, unlike the godbots who are stuck in the bronze age yet willing to embrace that science that they decry to decry that science.
God is a God of science and wonders. You will never understand that. Evolution of non human to human, is baseless.

Milk River, Canada

#64489 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>The different religious sects or factions, does not rule out the existence of God. God exist and he wants us to seek him.
Religious factions are man made.
"Religious factions are man made."

Along with the bible and all the rituals.

Now some religious factions are so washed out they don't even seem to recognize a God, but mainly, yes, the God believers of some sort certainly don't rule him out -- by definition. You might be surprised, but nor do I, even if there are some atheist fundies who do.

I never knew God wanted us to seek him out. I wouldn't mind his wanting us to, but I have always been fascinated to follow up any leads even without knowing or considering his wants.

Level 2

Location hidden

#64490 Dec 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Location has buggerall to do with babble BS
The babble also states there were multiple gods as I have already shown you with the last hour, it even claims you god joined them. A point that you CHOOSE to ignore, that’s true christianity in a nutshell
Which bit of the babble ya going to believe (if any)?
Wrong.
Read or study the first commandment.
The one given in the old and new testament.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#64491 Dec 11, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this in my notes:
"set of catalytic residues are responsible for synthesizing ATP"
Cellular Metabolism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =E0G2UpESxV4XX
Note: not for the faint hearted nor poorly educated.
High school level Krebs cycle?

Not for the faint hearted?

Too many wet lettuces on this Forum

Level 6

#64492 Dec 11, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
....and since the planet earth has been continuously bombarded by intersteller debris in the form of asteroids, comets, etc since being formed, those compounds have 'hitched a ride' here as well.
Organic compounds and other essential substances in deep space, the ability of these chemicals to NATURALLY combine to create base elements for life (RNA).....
Hmmmm....
It is estimated that even today, after 4.5 billion years of “hoovering” 14 million tons of dust, around 180,000 tons of meteors and between 10 and 20 thousand tones of meteorites fall on earth every year. A percentage of this debris (from stone debris) is organic.

Level 6

#64493 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong.
Read or study the first commandment.
The one given in the old and new testament.
Why is it wrong? Are you saying that the babble is wrong?

Is Exodus 12:12, Exodus 20:2-5, Exodus 34:14 and Psalm 82:1-2 wrong?

I have quoted a few of the passages that you IGNORE, that is not me who is wrong but you who is ignorant

Level 6

#64494 Dec 11, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is a God of science and wonders. You will never understand that. Evolution of non human to human, is baseless.
Evidence please, come on, you make the claim and after all that’s what science is after all - to provide evidence of a hypothesis and to have it have that evidence examined and tested by peers. Come on we wait in anticipation for you evidence and just think how rich and famous you would become by providing such evidence. Don’t you think it really strange that no godbot has yet managed to provide such evidence?

However to make unfalsifiable claims as to what science is, is simply lying and lying for you god is the worst possible lying that one can commit, it’s sick and demonstrates a delusional mind.

Evolution is proven, the theory explains the fact, it is measured, recorded, documented and can be observed at this very moment in time in various locations around the world. Your denial of truth and fact will not make it go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min wichita-rick 151,111
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 34 min andet1987 7,349
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Patrick Star 367
Bill Cosby 1 hr FTW Forever 223
Dog Haus Biergarten in Pasadena serves offbeat ... 2 hr Xstains In Name Only 1
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE