Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,301 - 60,320 of 114,584 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
And science is a miracle too. Time for a bit of faith.
Remember, humans are all created in the image and likeness of God.
This possessions of God's spirit includes, Sciences, Arts and Social sciences.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
There is one creationist theory that predicted the cure for ALL cancer a few years ago and it claimed that our own immune system could do it. Does anybody remember SCPID?
We still don't care Mikey.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Remember, humans are all created in the image and likeness of God.
This possessions of God's spirit includes, Sciences, Arts and Social sciences.
Which god? Which of the 3700 documented deities

Be specific
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Again all it says is that the blood types could have come from a single ancestor. That's all the theory of evolution states.
How do you explain Japanese and Irish people who live in the same latitude and received the same amount of sunlight and yet Japanese have dark hair and Irish people have light colored hair?
Simple. They're not at the same latitude. But then I don't recall evolution claiming everything at the same latitude should have all the same traits.

I do recall successfully predicting your flawed method of argumentation though.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Bang Theory - The Only Plausible Theory?
Is the standard Big Bang theory the only model consistent with these evidences? No, it's just the most popular one.
...the renowned British astronomer Sir Fred Hoyle, who is accredited with first coining the term "the Big Bang" during a BBC radio broadcast in 1950.:-)
I was a big fan of Hoyle as a child. I must still have a well worn paperback of the Frontiers of Astronomy somewhere. I pained me for years to see the Big ! theory overwhelm it. I am still waiting for some form of steady state theory to rise like the Phoenix, over the momentary interruption implied by it. I'll suspend my judgement no matter how long it takes...:-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We are made of STARS. All elements (except hydrogen and helium) are formed in the stars. We are literally star dust. But I think life itself has to be 'programmed' by something out there.
Then you have a problem. Who programmed the programmer?

Aside from the complete lack of evidence that is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect way of handling things, Bud
See I always knew you were smart under all that stupidness
And we always knew you were stupid under all that stupidness.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be a Christian and believe in evolution?
What did Jesus die for?
Nothing at all.

Except your petty god loves blood sacrifices.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
How is "Thou shalt not kill" a myth or allegory?
Because god kept ignoring it.(shrug)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific
God is one. Whatever versions of religions we have, there is only one God, while others are sub gods or deities.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Jamel Quentrell wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Your professor lied to you!
The story of Adam and Eve is scientific
DNA Proves Adam & Eve Existed
http://www.cross.tv/29711
Sodom and Gommorah were real cities that you can visit today
http://www.cross.tv/41280
The Rea sea Evidence: Archeology Proves the Exodus
http://www.cross.tv/30044
Rea Sea parting
http://www.cross.tv/41289
Shattering the Jesus Myth
http://www.cross.tv/24457
The James Ossuary Silences Atheists & Bible Skeptics
http://www.cross.tv/67298
etc etc etc.
The point is the evidence is out their is you are looking for the truth.
So that means if the Bible is true than we are all inbred descendants of Adam & Eva but didn't every human other than Noah & his family die in the flood, so that means we are all inbred descendants of Noah So how did over 6 billion different colored, different looking, different speaking people come to populate the planet in such a sort time. lolol O that's right god can do anything. What Ever
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
That's right. It may not be science to you, but when SETI finds evidence in space, you will be wrong!
There could be life all over and SETI still couldn't find anything. Reason being the logistics involved in contacting other civilisations. Space is simply too big.
Cybele wrote:
How else can DNA be formed? random chance? I don't think so.
No, neither do we. Of course anyone who had the slightest clue about science wouldn't even postulate such a scenario as random outcomes from chemical processes.

So much for your "science education".
Cybele wrote:
DNA code looks like it was manipulated by an intelligent life.
Really? Via what mechanisms?

Uhuh. Thought so.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific
lololol WOW I didn't know there was that many But you've got to agree, its good entertainment lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
Thus design arguments versus the mindless nonsense of evolutionary philosophy predate Darwin by a long shot.
Yup. Design arguments are thousands of years old.

And they've developed very little since.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is one. Whatever versions of religions we have, there is only one God, while others are sub gods or deities.
HAHAHAHA your making it up as you go alone. I love it YEY CLAP CLAP MORE MORE You are the reason more & more people are turning to evolution & from the bottom of my heart I say thank you xoxox

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The issue is that creation can never be ruled out in science or any thing.
Wrong

Science is now considering the once taboo question of “what happened before”. Given the now overwhelming theoretical and mathematical understanding of the nature of both the universe and that existing outside our universe it is now considered very doubtful if a creation (in the sense of something from nothing) occurred at all.

Certainly the vast majority of people working in the field of cosmology have reached that conclusion, including long time big bang adherents who have on seeing the maths modified their position. This universe is known to be around 13,7 billion years old. It is now understood to be surrounded by other universes (there is evidence for this from 3 different sources) that have over infinite time grown and spawned other universes and will be the eventual fate of our own universe. From infinite past to infinite future

I have discussed this with you before and offered you links to the appropriate sites and scientists and the methods of how they are now able to consider these once unthinkable thoughts. It seems that you have been ignoring your education for some strange reason.

Dr Param Singh, Louisiana State University www.phys.lsu.edu
Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton, University of North Carolina www.physics.unc.edu
Professor Andrei Linde - Stanford University www.stanford.edu
Professor Bob Nichol - Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, Portsmouth research.icg.port.ac.uk
Professor Lee Smolin - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca
Professor Neil Turok - Perimeter Institute www.perimeterinstitute.ca

Professor Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford, as well as an Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College. Fellow of the Royal Society of London, awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society, awarded the Albert Einstein Medal, knighted for services to science etc, etc. Given all that knowledge and education and achievement the mathematics of Dr Param Singh have caused him to reconsider and change his mind. But of course what ore the chances of you saying something along the lines of this post is too long and promptly ignoring it?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG WRONG WRONG
Anyone with two neurons synapsing correctly knows that the "creation/design/evolutio n debate predates Darwin by AGES AND AGES:
Nice recap. I enjoyed the perspective. I remember reading Lucretius and being astonished at the clarity of his vision despite the context of the times. It convinced me of one important thing: It is not all that hard to rise above the illusions, the myths, or the cruelties of the culture you live in. For example, in revolutionary days, we don't have to forgive the founding fathers of that time for the excuse that our society allowed slavery, and they could get a free pass on it too. It's the same these days, solders are not to be given a moral pass, just following orders, on the decision to go to war or resist it, when they are the ones who are most able to make the difference. They have to confront the moral decision no matter how many evil people claim that they have a higher duty to country than humanity itself. Then they may decide to go to war, or not, but only after that brave reflection.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is one. Whatever versions of religions we have, there is only one God, while others are sub gods or deities.
Wrong, even the babble quotes your own god as acknowledging other gods. Whassup? You gods word not good enough for you? Or is it that like most godbots you ignore Exodus 12:12, Exodus 20:2-3 and Exodus 34:14

or how about
Psalm 82:1-2 - God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather entertain the idea of ET agents sending us coded messages. Why do you think Frank Drake and Carl Sagan developed the Arecibo message as a CETI experiment? To make dodos out of themselves?
Maybe you're a retard.
I like your optimism in that respect. I worked on adopting the SETI signal analysis program to my operating system (OpenBSD) some years ago. I was thrilled to work with them a bit and to be able to accomplish it. I keep hoping. I do believe they will succeed eventually.
Honey

Nerang, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
WOW There, there Benny remember to breath mate Good air in through the nose & bad air out through the mouth. I know another Charles you would really get alone well with Charles Manson He would love to meet a crazy little f*#ker like you.Mmm yummy So I wont say your god is a egotistical mass murdering loony if you don't say anything mean about Charles Darwin Okay :) Now you play nice Benny

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••