Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,015)

Showing posts 60,281 - 60,300 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe everytthing in the universe and on earth originated with suddenness through a miracle of creation in the beginning.
When all this happened, do you figure that all the "history" was faked to make it look like it all has been around longer? Like otherwise, how did the light from stars that are a billions of light years away start reaching us already?

If that all happened, say 6,000 years ago, how do we know that it didn't happen 5 minutes ago, or hasn't even happened yet at the time I am posting this, but my post here is part of the fake history that you are encountering from a universe the was created one second before you started to read this. With sufficient detail of faking the history, the result would be indistinguishable from having evolved through it all, right?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The root word for the word THEORY means contemplation of divine things or organization (cosmos) of nature, and devine is pertaining to God and the hypothetical law and explanation of how the cosmos works in a systematic way.
Wow, hard science is all wrapped up in the etymology of words? So scientists can lay down their microscopes and test tubes and graduate school could be replaced with going bact to grammar school, right?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
Why were many of those rocks created to look like they were accreted to look like they were laid down millions of years earlier in sedimentary basins?

“My DNA tastes like chicken”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
God of the gaps is a type of theological perspective in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence.
{Yet the scientific community does the same...}
Seems to me that irreducible complexity is the same thing until something is studied well enough to show that it isn't. ID is just filling in the gaps between what it thinks and what it doesn't know. Just another religion only it is wearing a lab coat.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. First:
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/34...
And as for the development of races it's long been known as evolutionary adaptation to local environments. Either that or humans were magically poofed white people in the garden of Eden and that all the other races that sprang from them were inferior due to TEH FALL.(shrug)
Why are we nominating people like that Fluke female for "Women of the Year" when we have magna cum laude hyperkinetic physician/genetisists, working on genome projects, in efforts to find cures/anti measure against things like malaria?

Go figure.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. First:
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/34...
And as for the development of races it's long been known as evolutionary adaptation to local environments. Either that or humans were magically poofed white people in the garden of Eden and that all the other races that sprang from them were inferior due to TEH FALL.(shrug)
Mmmmmmmmm ...partly.
See: SLC24A5 and SLC45A2

Would you like an Ohneeyun ring with that?

lol
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. The biggest one of all being the god in the stories of the OT.
Nope not buying your junk either --simply because your handle says "dude" dude.

I have muh own way of thinking, and YOU can't change that either lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeppers.
:-)
Otay...we agree on SOMEthing anyway then :-)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand. And I watched enough of that video to know that he is just another liar for Jesus. Of course that makes him a hypocryte as far as being a Christian goes.
The only issue with the portrayals of Jesus in the recorded existance history of, is that his skin pigment really was probably more olive toned, than alabaster -due to environmental genetic factors and all.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you legitimately ignorant, or are you maybe some kind of nutcase? This has got to be among the top 100 of the 'nets most idiotic posts of 2012.
No, actually it was pretty spot on-science wise anyway.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute crap.
BIOLOGISTS...not "Darwinists", do NOT "insist that Natural Selection covers any gap in their knowledge."
Please show us where that is stated ANYWHERE in the science literature.
Also, the line: "Moreover, they willfully ignore the positive, empirically detectable evidence for an intelligent being. This is not science but the dogma of a secular religion."
...is an outright LIE.
There is NO evidence whatsoever for an intelligent (supernatural) being. NONE.
If it is your contention that there IS such evidence, I invite you to present it.
You would be the first.
Still think Einstien said it best :-)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, hard science is all wrapped up in the etymology of words? So scientists can lay down their microscopes and test tubes and graduate school could be replaced with going bact to grammar school, right?
Nooooo...plz....we DE-evolved backwards enough he past few years LOL
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were many of those rocks created to look like they were accreted to look like they were laid down millions of years earlier in sedimentary basins?
starts with a w and ends in an r?
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that rather than me being the stinky one, Subduction Zone smells of ignorance and evasion and needs to suck eggs with the rest of the gaggle.
What is the scientific theory of creationism, enlighten us will you, oh no you can't, because there isn't one
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the scientific theory of creationism, enlighten us will you, oh no you can't, because there isn't one
"In the beginning there was light"

And that was probably true-A big bang of it.

Why reading comprehension and English are pretty crucial subjects as well---for indepenedent thinkers-not stuck inside narrow square boxes of limited and/or closed minded thought anyway.

Ever see red algea growth in water?

Some of it can look blood red. And underwater gas pockets can really do a number on water color too!
EvolutionRules

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

How can someone say the earth is just 6000 years old?

Radiometric dating proves the earth is more than this age.
EvolutionRules

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning there was light"
And that was probably true-A big bang of it.
Why reading comprehension and English are pretty crucial subjects as well---for indepenedent thinkers-not stuck inside narrow square boxes of limited and/or closed minded thought anyway.
Ever see red algea growth in water?
Some of it can look blood red. And underwater gas pockets can really do a number on water color too!
I'm a Christian and I can assure you, that isn't a scientific theory.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The massive design flaws in multiple species proves that their was no designer, I am not saying that there is no god, I am just saying that life evolves through evolution, I don't know why that scares Christians, if I was a Christian I would be happy to believe in a god that created the universe in a way to ensure that creatures evolve, it is a beaughtifull idea, if I was a creator I would also have chosen the beaughtifull and elegant evolutionary process to make life, just as I would choose to create the universe, through natural processes like stars, galaxies and black holes and the singularities of the big bang, these are incredibly satisfying theorys that Christians should be happy with, and the amazing complexity of the universe ties in with their beliefs, but I personally do not believe in a god, I can't say for certain because the alternative is just as illogical, so both theories have a long way to go and are both philosophically unsatisfying, but there is so much in the bible that makes no sense and turns me off religeon, Christians say that there must be a god because things can't just come from nothing, but they have just broken their point because if things can't come out of nothing, where did god come from. I firmly believe that we are far below the level we need to be to understand the universe, its like an ant trying to understand electricity, it is currently beyond our bounds of understanding. Creationism has no evidence at all, that is fact, while evolution has more published papers and is the greatest and most proven theory on history, there is no god, we just don't understand how we came to be without a god, but we will eventually learn how, and religeons will die
Warren J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

PROFESSOR X wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ... but someones got to help him get back to reality. It's not an accident that Darwin's theory is defended more by books and movies of science-FICTION than the scientific evidence. Too bad many of these scientist hide behind their degrees and unproven press releases in order to create the illusion of being authoritative, meanwhile they are busy behind the scenes censoring any and all scientific evidence that challenges Darwin's theory from reaching the public. They are also censoring professors in universities from exposing any information to the public that threatens their little monkey fairy-tale.
The roles have been reversed. The atheist and evolutionist is today - what the Catholic Church was in the past. They hate scientific advance and would rather shut down public discussion before confronting evidence that proves that all life did not arise from one common ancestor.
That doesn't mean that the earth has to be 6000 year old. But isn't it amazing how humans were suppose to have evolved from Apes 3 million years ago, but there are organisms that are in rock strata dated over 300 million years old that are still ALIVE TODAY and they are unchanged? What's so special about us that it's necessary for evolutionists invent pseudo-science stories only fit for the Sci-Fi Channel?
Darwinism Destroyed by Geological Evidence & Anomalies
http://cross.tv/64437
Hey PX, why believe every Tom, Dick and Hairy with a fantasy or a theory.....think PX! Look at human history...The Bible story is a cover for the truth....What truth you ask? Advanced Alien Beings control and munipulate the human animal.......to many galaxies to count...there is your proof PX. Maybe human comprehension begins at the Bible and stops at ETs.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

There are two or three creos that are nice and sensible people, but unfortunately moat are horrible and nasty people who spew hate, maz here is the worst, she shows the very worst of the creos society, I like bat foy and also Charles iwedemi even if others don't, but I can't stand the constant crazy ranting from creos that have no evidence and make no sense at all, thay question scientists and science itself, even thoe it is humanities greatest success and has given us everything else, creos talk crap about evolution while sitting at a computer and using the web, all of which comes from science, that's because science works, and myth fairytails of god are a joke, a very very bad joke

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,281 - 60,300 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••