Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,261 - 60,280 of 115,042 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Thanks for the Christmas gift Russell. You just showed that you could be defeated by a marshmallow.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The process of bringing you into this world is called, what ?
Life is a gift from GOD. Freak.....

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to get more funding, silly
Its a popular thought amongst dodos like you that aliens are real and trying to send us coded messages...
Apologies to any Christians that also think that!
Blow it out your ass, Russ.

I no more believe in aliens than I do in a magic, bearded Jew sitting on a gold throne in the clouds that has an over-riding concern about my sex life.

But.

I remain open to possibilities of SOME form of life existing elsewhere -- even if it's (for example) a simple one-celled plant form on Titan.

ET? Not likely.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You IDIOT!
I never claimed he was an atheist. Could you be any more stupid.
Believing the theory of evolution does not make you an atheist. And Babbage was not a cretin or a creationist.
He was not a creation scientist. I don't think there are any.
Freakshow.....Garbage is an atheist. You are an atheist. The both of you are freakshows..........

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you admitted that my point 1 is supported?
Didn't many evos hold the same opinion as well? I believe that your point was compound. Your point was that 100% of evos believed that the 98% "junk" DNA would never be found to be of use, and that it was their major objection to the whole creo version of things, and that 100% of creos predicted that that uses would be found for 100% of it.

Anyone with a bit of common sense would take those kind of numbers and say no way. Sure you never used those numbers, because it would corner you, but you kind of implied that any fractional move towards your point would prove that all evos were dogmatic morons, whereas I presume you will consider any move back in the other direction as inconsequential should that occur. That's kind of like using a stacked deck in a cardgame, and taking credit for "winning".

If previously, or now or in the future you were to put some reasonable guestimates on all the 100% the it would be worth listening to you.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire mon cheri! SETI is pure science. I find it fascinating, yet a long shot that any 'messages' from space will be delivered. But I'd still like to see it.
And *IF* we found intelligent life in deep space, that would only mean -- that we found intelligent life in deep space. It would be a BIG leap of logic to assume that these aliens had anything to do with the beginning of life on Earth.
<quoted text>
RNA. We've made GREAT strides in developing a theory on how RNA could have formed by way of natural processes. Take a look:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/rib...
Life’s First Spark Re-Created in the Laboratory (and this article is 3.5 years old).
Were you aware that complex organic compounds have been detected in deep space? And water? And alcohol? And methane?
In fact, it could be that some form of life is fairly ubiquitous in the universe, and we have yet to stumble upon something that can commnicate with us. After all, we've only been really looking for a few decades.
Be patient.
According to that link:

"Intriguingly, the precursor molecules used by Sutherland’s team have been identified in interstellar dust clouds and on meteorites."

That's interesting because that could mean there is life out there!

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
Big Bang Evidence for God ...
— it all points to the fact that the universe began from literally nothing physical or temporal. Once there was no time, no space, and no matter and then it all banged into existence out of nothing with great precision.
Actually, this is self-contradictory for both creos AND evos, since there could be no sense of meaning in the word "once" is there is no time.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone interested in reality? I'm just telling it as I see it!
Wow! Were you there, lurking and watching all those 6 days?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This does not tell us of the deriviation of the first stage of rocks or if they originated with suddenness or not.
There are many attributes of the rocks. One test is not supposed to account for all of them, is it?

The radiometric dating,(a collection of different, somewhat similar techniques, applied according to which of them best fit each rock type or mineral) generally establishes the date of consolidation, or the date of hardening from lava, or a variety of other important dates, and can even be used to date components of multi-component or multi-mineral rocks. Yes there is a suddenness measure, at least in a relative sense, but the salient point is that they indicate different "suddennesses", It is exactly that which conflicts with your assertion.(I say assertion, because I an not convinced, in your heart of hearts that even you believe it.)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to get more funding, silly
Its a popular thought amongst dodos like you that aliens are real and trying to send us coded messages...
Apologies to any Christians that also think that!
I'd rather entertain the idea of ET agents sending us coded messages. Why do you think Frank Drake and Carl Sagan developed the Arecibo message as a CETI experiment? To make dodos out of themselves?

Maybe you're a retard.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

http://www.studentshelp.info

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
right bro.. we should enjoy as much as we can.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
How is "Thou shalt not kill" a myth or allegory?
That, of course, would not be a myth/allegory, but Moses, Adam and Eve, Exodus, Noah's flood,Tower of Babel, Joshua's conquests and other stories found there....are.

All of the 10 commandments are covered by the Golden rule that almost every culture on earth formulated at some time in their far past. We know that the Pentateuch (in which we find the 10 commandments) was not written by Moses and was put to papyrus around 600-400 BC by at least 3 different people. The Chinese philosopher Confucius wrote his 'Golden Rule around 500 BC.

See, the thing is that the founding myths of the Christian religion are being shown to be false and nothing more then allegorical. We can prove an unbroken line of humanity from at least 200,000 years ago.

All these years we have been told the Bible is the divinely inspired work of God, and all truth. it is not...it is the work of men, inventing a religion, just as was done thousands of years ago by the Greeks and Romans and other brain challenged people of the times.

There is no truth in what you proselytize about...religion is bullsh!t of the highest order, and you cannot prove otherwise.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Birth.
And we all know if you don't that birth, is a form of creation.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Get a room.
Likewise !!!
Whatever.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that gift is creation, God is the almighty.
Freak, i want you to know that.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were many of those rocks created to look like they were accreted to look like they were laid down millions of years earlier in sedimentary basins?
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>MY answer is that it was a miracle just like the grapes that were in the process of making wine from water.
Were there grapes in that process? Your answer is not making sense to me. I forgive all typos. Want to try that answer again?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That, of course, would not be a myth/allegory, but Moses, Adam and Eve, Exodus, Noah's flood,Tower of Babel, Joshua's conquests and other stories found there....are.
All of the 10 commandments are covered by the Golden rule that almost every culture on earth formulated at some time in their far past. We know that the Pentateuch (in which we find the 10 commandments) was not written by Moses and was put to papyrus around 600-400 BC by at least 3 different people. The Chinese philosopher Confucius wrote his 'Golden Rule around 500 BC.
See, the thing is that the founding myths of the Christian religion are being shown to be false and nothing more then allegorical. We can prove an unbroken line of humanity from at least 200,000 years ago.
All these years we have been told the Bible is the divinely inspired work of God, and all truth. it is not...it is the work of men, inventing a religion, just as was done thousands of years ago by the Greeks and Romans and other brain challenged people of the times.
There is no truth in what you proselytize about...religion is bullsh!t of the highest order, and you cannot prove otherwise.
Your malice and hatred of God and the holy bible, will do you no good.
You are wasting your time. GOD or his words can never be disproven.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow.....you have no faith and will suffer because of it.
Look at who is having faith problems. Is it not those who fail to worship at Darwin's alter? If it only took faith to believe in evolution, what are you waiting for? BTW, evos allow other methods to arrive at faith besides only reading one book. You won't even have to believe that Darwin was magic!

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is how far your understanding can take you to. The process of giving birth is called, what, creation or evolution?
Don't be a daft.
Well, as I understand it, the creation part is supposed to take place at conception. I guess then that birth is a stage in evolution if the baby survives to pass on it's genes. Otherwise I don't get it.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
There is one creationist theory that predicted the cure for ALL cancer a few years ago and it claimed that our own immune system could do it. Does anybody remember SCPID?
Good call, if it turns out that way. OTOH, make enough predictions and some are bound to come true. Even scientists fool themselves that way sometimes. Did they make any predictions that didn't come true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 14 min CrunchyBacon 18,447
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 14 min Mega Monster 196
everyyhing gold... 15 min night machine 2
could it be steel 22 min night machine 5
The Letter "S" (Nov '08) 23 min Petal Power 9,434
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 28 min Petal Power 11,513
¤ The ALPHABET Game ¤ (May '11) 28 min Jennifer Renee 10,749
Fergson Police Dept. 37 min Mister_ E 305
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr an_observer 145,014
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Spirit67_ 784