Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,241 - 60,260 of 113,169 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64357
Dec 10, 2012
 
EvolutionRules wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Christian and I can assure you, that isn't a scientific theory.
and PHYSICS is a classification of SCIENCE.

And Eistien was Jewish...and many other scientists have been of all different religious backgrounds. So, What's your point? Did you even have one?
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64358
Dec 10, 2012
 
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
think outside the box, where else could life on earth have come from?
All that does is push the question back, if life on earth came from another planet, where did that life come from and so on and so on, untill you get right back to the orifinal lifeform, where did tgat cone from, so the panspermia theory is a meaningless idea, it just pushes the question of how life came about, further back
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64359
Dec 10, 2012
 
EvolutionRules wrote:
I'm a Christian and I agree with you.
I don't think everything in the bible is to be taken literally.
I cannot imagine reading all of the Bible "literally"

That would border on insanity.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64360
Dec 10, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have an attitude problem..:-)
I am highly intelligent.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64361
Dec 10, 2012
 
EvolutionRules wrote:
How can someone say the earth is just 6000 years old?
Radiometric dating proves the earth is more than this age.
No timexs' or radiometers back then.

If one only ever sees the The world from a limited perspective, that's all they'll ever know.
EvolutionRules

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64362
Dec 10, 2012
 
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and PHYSICS is a classification of SCIENCE.
And Eistien was Jewish...and many other scientists have been of all different religious backgrounds. So, What's your point? Did you even have one?
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. There is no scientific theory of Creationism.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64363
Dec 10, 2012
 
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were many of those rocks created to look like they were accreted to look like they were laid down millions of years earlier in sedimentary basins?
MY answer is that it was a miracle just like the grapes that were in the process of making wine from water.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64364
Dec 10, 2012
 
There is one creationist theory that predicted the cure for ALL cancer a few years ago and it claimed that our own immune system could do it. Does anybody remember SCPID?
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64365
Dec 10, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>MY answer is that it was a miracle just like the grapes that were in the process of making wine from water.
In other words, a load of christian nonsensical drivel, untill you creos come up with any evidence at all, I will continue to not believe a word of it, I mean come on, how did he not leave any evidence at all, not even one little shred, absolutely nothing, nada, non, biente
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64366
Dec 10, 2012
 
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, a load of christian nonsensical drivel, untill you creos come up with any evidence at all, I will continue to not believe a word of it, I mean come on, how did he not leave any evidence at all, not even one little shred, absolutely nothing, nada, non, biente
Things are the same today. The powers that be can destroy records and keep moving goal post for their agendas.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64367
Dec 10, 2012
 
straa wrote:
There are two or three creos that are nice and sensible people, but unfortunately moat are horrible and nasty people who spew hate, maz here is the worst, she shows the very worst of the creos society, I like bat foy and also Charles iwedemi even if others don't, but I can't stand the constant crazy ranting from creos that have no evidence and make no sense at all, thay question scientists and science itself, even thoe it is humanities greatest success and has given us everything else, creos talk crap about evolution while sitting at a computer and using the web, all of which comes from science, that's because science works, and myth fairytails of god are a joke, a very very bad joke
Thanks for that bit of information, Straa. We don't hate science but we don't seem to understand the theory of evolution from non human to human, it really has no concrete base or evidence.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64368
Dec 10, 2012
 
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, a load of christian nonsensical drivel, untill you creos come up with any evidence at all, I will continue to not believe a word of it, I mean come on, how did he not leave any evidence at all, not even one little shred, absolutely nothing, nada, non, biente
Freakshow.....you have no faith and will suffer because of it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64369
Dec 10, 2012
 
EvolutionRules wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. There is no scientific theory of Creationism.
That is how far your understanding can take you to. The process of giving birth is called, what, creation or evolution?
Don't be a daft.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64370
Dec 10, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
This does not tell us of the deriviation of the first stage of rocks or if they originated with suddenness or not.
It tells us when they originated.

Wasn't your claim that they all originated at the same time?

Radiometric dating says otherwise.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64371
Dec 10, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>MY answer is that it was a miracle just like the grapes that were in the process of making wine from water.
God bless you. The world itself, is a miracle. How can one find water inside a rock, how does it get in there?
This and many others will tell us that the world itself is a miracle.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64372
Dec 10, 2012
 
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
SETI is a non-profit corporation that is funded purely on donations. It does not receive tax dollars.
That's right except the funds also come from NASA and US Air Force Space

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64373
Dec 10, 2012
 
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
All that does is push the question back, if life on earth came from another planet, where did that life come from and so on and so on, untill you get right back to the orifinal lifeform, where did tgat cone from, so the panspermia theory is a meaningless idea, it just pushes the question of how life came about, further back
I thought there is an answer to that. The Big Bang.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64374
Dec 10, 2012
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is how far your understanding can take you to. The process of giving birth is called, what, creation or evolution?
Don't be a daft.
Always creation freak.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64375
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is how far your understanding can take you to. The process of giving birth is called, what, creation or evolution?
Don't be a daft.
The master baiter is back!

The process of giving birth is WHAT?!

It's part creation and part evolution. It certainly isn't something that a couple of people decided to because they had a box full of spare parts and a free weekend ahead of them. Granted, they might accomplish the same with a weekend and a couple of bottles of wine, but they'd be a bit arrogant to take full credit for the design part.

....come to think of it, they probably do think that after too much wine. Charles, who have you been spying on NOW?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64376
Dec 10, 2012
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. First:
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/34...
And as for the development of races it's long been known as evolutionary adaptation to local environments. Either that or humans were magically poofed white people in the garden of Eden and that all the other races that sprang from them were inferior due to TEH FALL.(shrug)
Again all it says is that the blood types could have come from a single ancestor. That's all the theory of evolution states.

How do you explain Japanese and Irish people who live in the same latitude and received the same amount of sunlight and yet Japanese have dark hair and Irish people have light colored hair?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

182 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min Bravo 15,572
why are libtards so angry 10 min Ozzie 2
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 13 min Lucy 1,579
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 14 min Big dawg 364
Gaza City 17 min Ozzie 2
All I ever wanted in Life... (Apr '12) 18 min Ozzie 59
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 26 min Wine With Everything 5,734
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min Mister_ E 141,616
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr honeymylove 28,368
Message to Obama 3 hr Bill 746
•••
•••