Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,009)

Showing posts 60,161 - 60,180 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Logical fallacy.
That one's called the "Argumentum ad Ignorantem" fallacy - in this case, "I dunno. God musta diddit."
where did I mention God on my post?

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, there is no evidence in the fossil record for humans.
You mean the cemeteries are all empty?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you claim anything is false?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
Do you claim anything is false?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.

You didn't, nor did the previous coupla posts.

My apologies - I usually keep better track of conversations than that.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You might as well have. You are saying that since we don't have an unreasonably thorough explanation of how life started on earth that some inexplicable "force" must have been responsible. As was already mentioned, this is an appeal to ignorance, and it does not make any sense. 10000 years ago you might have been telling us that lightning is so mysterious that aliens must be responsible.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well have. You are saying that since we don't have an unreasonably thorough explanation of how life started on earth that some inexplicable "force" must have been responsible. As was already mentioned, this is an appeal to ignorance, and it does not make any sense. 10000 years ago you might have been telling us that lightning is so mysterious that aliens must be responsible.
That was the conclusion I drew, also.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
SETI is a non-profit corporation that is funded purely on donations. It does not receive tax dollars.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

I like to think outside of the box* I also like the Original ROAST MAXWELL HOUSE filter pack coffee in the square can****;)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

I believe everytthing in the universe and on earth originated with suddenness through a miracle of creation in the beginning.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The root word for the word THEORY means contemplation of divine things or organization (cosmos) of nature, and devine is pertaining to God and the hypothetical law and explanation of how the cosmos works in a systematic way.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
And Mav, this is from the Discover article:
<quoted text>
Yes, like ERV's, and ancestral genes. Those were never considered to be junk.
Please try to understand the articles that you link.
As I have said time after time, "junk DNA" is a term similar to "UFO" when the DNA is identified it is no longer "junk".
In other words: Wrong Maz, try again.
Exactly what is being referenced as "junk" DNA? I ask specifically because, how would any rational scientist label any DNA as "junk" when all DNA has yet to be totally defined as to it's individual functions within the strands of?
For example, would the DNA of an onion be considered "junk", when it lends to science the ability to possibly witness the creation and mutation of bochulism, when handled incorrectly?

Seriously...and that's not "just more nothing but copy and paste hot air BS and question" question....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
I DISAGREE in a BIG way-because MANY MANT rocks were most likely alive at some point in time....evolved and THEN fossilized.

Are you THAT STUPID? Maybe that's why you chained to sum mastuh. Twits usually are.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I wrote the little blurb you quoted in this reply.
Just pointing out some of the errors of your LACK of thought process.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
From the BBC:
"Science shows that the Biblical creation story is not literally true, and demonstrates that Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden are myths and not historical figures.
This destroys the idea of original sin as being caused by the misbehaviour of the first man and woman, and the idea of inheriting guilt or punishment for that misbehaviour.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/chris...
and the error of the ignorance of your OWN denial.

The OT is FULL of the wretchedness of sinners!!

Course-a LOT of people already KNOW that.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
Does genetics support a single couple (Adam and Eve)?
NO...
http://biologos.org/blog/does-genetics-point-...
A Hint--the Bible is just ONE book, containing many chapters of the " world civ as some saw it". NOT a telebision series with before and after sequels.
That's why we have SCIENCE.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My son? Yes there is, I see him sitting there in front of me.
A want to know everything? Yes there is a want to know everything and I have it.
What thing are you talking about?
Even Einstien didn't "know it all" because there's NO such thing.

And RATIONAL people realize that--unless they're some sort of sociopathic, degenrate, delusional control FREAK...that can only WISH there were.

Your poor son-does he report to you how many times he brushes his teeth daily? My sympathies to him.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then creationists by said definition must be animals for having no conscience. Or maybe Maz has it but just isn't listening.
Some have certainly acted like it over centuries...just like some "non-creationists" have as well.

Muh critters-including the CAT, don't mess with the chickens either.

I taught 'em better than that...as best anyone can teach critters anyway lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
He correctly predicted part of that picture though. And that's why evolution is the only game in town in biological circles.
That's why we have PHYSICS too :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,161 - 60,180 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••