Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,007)

Showing posts 60,121 - 60,140 of106,095
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a YEC. I don't worship Hovind like how you evos worship Darwin.
Darwin is no more worshipped than Einstein, Copernicus or Galileo.

However while even most creationists have accepted the Earth is not flat nor the center of the universe (and have some special apologetics for that to boot) there are still some which have not yet come to accept the reality of evolution. They therefore attack a scientist who has been dead for 150 years whom the main thrust of his work has since been scientifically vindicated.

We would defend Newton in the same manner if people attacked the theory of gravity so. But he would no more be "worshipped" than Darwin, he is simply recognized as someone who made important contributions to science.

Thankfully not all Christians are so ignorant.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your conscience? The ability to choose? You give credit to an unknown theory or purpose. Try to fathom a rolex watch emerging from stone dust to exactness of time. You are a fool. It's inexcusable to deny creation.
Are watches naturally-occurring self-replicating biological organisms?

No.

Can we explain the mechanisms behind the making of a watch?

Yes.

Do we also have scientific evidence of them?

Yes.

Can you explain the mechanisms behind the "creation" of a human being via the application of Jewmagic?

No.

Do we have scientific evidence of those mechanisms or said particular invisible Jewish wizard?

No.

I have no need to deny what you cannot demonstrate.

Could a magical Jewish wizard have created all that we see? Well sure.

But if it did, it used evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taken Bio, Chem, Physics, Physiology, etc....so your explanation is rather mediocre.
I'm asking how does DNA of one species change into another. Since evo scientists claim that we evolved from other species. Wouldn't genetics have an explanation to this? Similarities in DNA or chromosome count doesn't account for evidence for TOE. I'd rather believe in the science of spiderman. LOL.
Oh, I see. Then you really HAVEN'T taken bio, chem, physics, physiology etc. You went to school, science class sucked and so you took interest in other things OTHER than science, and now you're pretending to know something about science. And you're just another liar for Jesus, just like pretty much every creationist we encounter in these forums. Got it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough. Because if we found a giraffe with a genetic makeup that completely violated nested hierarchies then we certainly would have heard about it.
Well, unless that big mean old atheist Darwinist world-wide conspiracy covered it all up that is.
Of course if you DO happen to have a valid critique of the information I just posted then not just us but the ENTIRE BIOLOGICAL COMMUNITY would certainly love to hear about it.
I've asked that of every other fundie I've come across for years too. But they never seem to wanna take up the offer.
So so far, no, you don't appear to know very much about it. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked that question in the first place. The anti-evolutionist's FIRST place of argument is one from ignorance. That's why creationists constantly argue against straw-men.
<quoted text>
Of course you could. That's because Gish-gallopping is far easier than addressing reality. Of course that would only be ignoring the evidence we DO have for evolution in favour of looking for any gaps of knowledge - of which there will always be in any scientific endeavor. For if we knew *everything* we would be God.
But as it turns out, your query here doesn't even ADDRESS the validity of evolution. Giraffe have long necks? So what?(shrug) Whereas evolution CAN explain why it still has only the same amount of neck vertibrae instead of lots more (which would be much more efficient) and why the laryngeal nerve goes down from the head to the chest and back up again, and also explains why the okapi's anatomically similar.
That enough for ya?
So YES. Actually ALL of science would be re-thought if evolution were wrong. Because if something doesn't work the way it should it would tend to affect something else. Which in turn would affect something else. And something else. And so on. If evolution is wrong then geology is wrong. If geology is wrong then astrophysics is wrong. If geology and astrophysics is wrong then you have no oil for plastics and no GPS for your cellphone which now has no nice no-plastic case made of shite. Oh, and your computer does not work too. Yet here you are typing on it.
So PLEASE, put some thought behind your posts before you go off repeating some dumbazz creationist "question" which "seriously puts biology as a whole into doubt!"
The fact of the matter is that if we are dealing with anti-evolutionists then we are dealing with someone who is willfully ignorant. And I'd suggest arguing against gravity instead.
A bunch of gibberish and fallacious statements.

Please explain why REAL SCIENCE would substantiate the validity of theory of evolution?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am what I am and not what you think I am. what fallacies am I pulling out here? You are the one pulling out ad homs on your every post!
Oh, you're not a creationist? But it just so happens that's where you've got your science "education" from - pure arguments from ignorance. Ask a silly question. Have it answered. Ignore it and ask another question. Have it answered. Ignore it and ask another. Keep it up and eventually you'll have to reach a point where *someone* has to say "I don't know." Then VICTORY! EVILUSHUN BUSTED AND FALISIFIED!! I WINZ!!! YAY!

Meanwhile evolution carries on, bioligical research carries on, and ignorant fundies who have no interest in science will continue to fling poo at all the sciences that give them their modern day conveniences.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why REAL SCIENCE would substantiate the validity of theory of evolution?
Um, bub, but in case you didn't notice? That has already been given to you.

Last Thursday.

What exactly would convince someone who isn't interested in science and is personally convinced of evolution's falsity anyway?

I can't convince the willfully ignorant. And I don't care if you personally don't understand what it is we're saying. Your lack of education is not our problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
P.s.

It already has.

Long before you were born.

And so since you haven't been able to address a single post about evolution without resorting to bringing up a question on a subject different to whichever one you were replying then I guess evolution is in no danger of being falsified any time soon.

"Right, so they explained how the giraffe demonstrated evolution. Okay then well what about the evolution of the rare lesser-spotted weasel of the far Australian outback! What about that one, huh? Huh? HUH?!?"

Keep going kid, you're batting a thousand.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, bub, but in case you didn't notice? That has already been given to you.
Last Thursday.
What exactly would convince someone who isn't interested in science and is personally convinced of evolution's falsity anyway?
I can't convince the willfully ignorant. And I don't care if you personally don't understand what it is we're saying. Your lack of education is not our problem.
So why don't you answer my question? Does someone need to accept the string theory or parallel universe if one takes a physics class?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see the evidence, that's right. I was hoping for something like evidence in mutagenesis in nature or in a lab.
... and not only do you want dinos to birds, but you want it in your own lifetime. YUP! YOU CERTAINLY DID GREAT IN THAT BIOLOGY CLASS!
Cybele wrote:
I am really more interested in genetics than fossil records as some evidence turned out to be a hoax.
Really? Any of those hoaxes turn out to be ones that used evolution to falsify 'em perchance?

If I find you mentioned one of the creo usuals there'll have to be another kitten sacrifice!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't exsist Freakshow. Lets have a party.
Oh, you're a nihilist. Great.

It's okay Donny. We are in no danger at all.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of contradiction in your statement. If we evolved gradually how did some dino evolved into some weightless bird. That's some drastic change in size. LOL.
Yeah, because there was no such thing as small dinosaurs.

YUP! GREAT BIOLOGY EDUCATION TO BE HAD HERE! Jesus...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Still just a bunch of chemical reactions?
Describe and define then the evolution of sentience (reasoning, the sense of self, personality, thinking, etc). I would contend that sentience is very much more than just a bunch of chemical reactions.
Put a food blender to the inside of your cranium and then press "on" to prevent the proper chemical reactions from taking place.

I personally GUARANTEE you that sentience will no longer inhabit that particular biomass.

If you come back as a ghost and tap me on the shoulder then we'll know I was wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me Boris.
Nah.

Doris.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather read the science of spiderman. Who wants to wait another million years to evolve when we have the technology to alter our genes? Seriously I don't care where we came from.
Wow. We got ourselves a real live eugenicist in our ranks!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. They inject those hormones in animals.
Ever heard of Spider-Goat?
Wait, lemme guess - this GROSS violation of nested hierarchies is something that would personally convince you of evolution?

FRED? FRED! I think I might need another kitten!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Search. Easily if you are teachable, humble.
Translation: Gullible and naive.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Dude, you can go on and on about my arguments. Yet so far, you haven't provided evidence!

If you accept the theory of evolution, then you would have to accept the M theory or string theory, blackholes, parallel universe or multiverse, etc.

And oh here's something for ya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scien...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you answer my question? Does someone need to accept the string theory or parallel universe if one takes a physics class?
They'd at least need to know of the existence of small dinosaurs.(shrug)

So why are you asking me to answer something again? What was it you were looking for? The "Missing link"? I gave you fifteen.(Plus that particular request is a danger to kittens). Linkys to more? Provided. Genetic evidence? It was provided. Mutation rates? Provided. Gradual change across the fossil record? Provided. Comparative anatomy? Provided. Consistent nested hierarchies across all of these? Provided.

Seriously bub, what the FRAK could you POSSIBLY want? 100% proof positive that DEFINITELY no invisible magical Jewish wizard poofed the universe and all life on Earth into existence? Sorry, but I cannot provide that. But then it's not relevant to the validity of evolution anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cybele wrote:
Dude, you can go on and on about my arguments. Yet so far, you haven't provided evidence!
Of course I haven't. That's because you are not interested.(shrug)
Cybele wrote:
If you accept the theory of evolution, then you would have to accept the M theory or string theory, blackholes, parallel universe or multiverse, etc.
Not actually the case, since they are all scientific HYPOTHESES that are WITHIN cosmology. For instance, the multiverse and black holes are not mutually exclusive. Unfortunately the usage of the terminology is such that it's quicker to say "theory" instead of "scientific hypothesis", such as in these cases, and that tends to be confusing for laymen but there ya go.
Cybele wrote:
And oh here's something for ya:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scien...
THAT'S GREAT! So all you need to do now is provide me with what I've been asking for 7 years now - if evolution is indeed false and no longer the prevailing scientific theory in modern biology (which MIGHT just be a bit of a surprise to like pretty much the entire scientific community to a point that even all creo propagandists would have to go back and do a double double take) then by all means, please present us with your alternative "scientific explanation" that does a better job of explaining the evidence.

So far the only thing people have been tried on us is that everything was magically poofed by an invisible Jewish wizard.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd at least need to know of the existence of small dinosaurs.(shrug)
So why are you asking me to answer something again? What was it you were looking for? The "Missing link"? I gave you fifteen.(Plus that particular request is a danger to kittens). Linkys to more? Provided. Genetic evidence? It was provided. Mutation rates? Provided. Gradual change across the fossil record? Provided. Comparative anatomy? Provided. Consistent nested hierarchies across all of these? Provided.
Seriously bub, what the FRAK could you POSSIBLY want? 100% proof positive that DEFINITELY no invisible magical Jewish wizard poofed the universe and all life on Earth into existence? Sorry, but I cannot provide that. But then it's not relevant to the validity of evolution anyway.
I was provided evidence (to some not all) but the source didn't provide answers to my questions. It even says it on the source!

If you've taken all sciences then you would know that not all theories are legit or have eventually been superseded or replaced.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,121 - 60,140 of106,095
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

212 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Tom2Tone 132,021
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 11 min AHarleyhoney 2,286
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 11 min tallyho 15,337
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 12 min Hey Its Emma 6,550
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 17 min Hey Its Emma 23,472
last word - first (Jun '12) 22 min Nobody 2 Special 6,670
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min Jennifer Renee 4,449
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr buck 11,727
High school student in hot water after asking M... 2 hr Marley 4
•••
•••
•••
•••