Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64253 Dec 10, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Me am liberal
Me preach tolerance of all beliefs
Then me turn around and disparage and make fun of religious people's beliefs
Me not actually mean tolerance of ALL beliefs
Me just said that 'cause me am liberal
Abject, anarchial, dark age Ignorance is hard to tolerate for some o' us sometimes. Call it a human flaw lol.
Liberal

Winnsboro, SC

#64254 Dec 10, 2012
Me liberal
Me preach tolerance for all beliefs
Me not actually mean all

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#64255 Dec 10, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Me liberal
Me preach tolerance for all beliefs
Me not actually mean all
Are you from Jamaica?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64256 Dec 10, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Me am liberal
Me preach tolerance of all beliefs
Then me turn around and disparage and make fun of religious people's beliefs
Me not actually mean tolerance of ALL beliefs
Me just said that 'cause me am liberal
Liberals are also human. If you don't respect their efforts, call them monkeys for endorsing Evolution and stuff meaningless credentials at them, they may start swinging back at you.

If you want to attack their politics, my favorite is to condemn their litmus tests and bad science, but Evolution, and not Eugenics, is good science.

Examples of bad science:

* Most forms of Psychological "authority" used in a courtroom, used almost exclusively to dispose of problem people rather than help the community. Essentially the liberal expression of a Gish Gallop.
* Government research money employing scientists as a means of inflating the ranks of trained researchers for times of war. This always leads to politically prejudiced science.
* Global warming studies that include unsound and politically biased recommendations that would also destabilize the economy.

Example of litmus tests:

* Swearing that homosexuality is a normal part of nature and that anyone who can't prove their "open-mindedness" should not be recognized by the government. There obviously is no example of a gay "gene" and since Evolution would normally describe homosexuality as a liability to reproduction, there is only two viable choices. Either treat the condition as a minor medical illness or treat it as a political choice.

* Social engineering programs in general. They are always written into law in a fashion that makes it almost impossible to remove them once the need is gone.

The government's position on religion has always been ambiguous enough that they don't have to take a stand on it. They just choose ambiguously conflicting positions because they like to leave their options open and zealots are activists which politicians always value.

My solution to the litmus test issues? Keep the government out of marriage. Keep the government out of redistribution of wealth. School lunch programs are OK as long as we aren't putting cash in the pockets of the poor which would be redirected to other things. Ghetto crime probably wouldn't be so bad if the welfare recipients were not funded with cash generating assets.

Of course, the conservatives have their wedge issues too so also keep the government out of a woman's sexual rights and establish a reasonable time span where abortion is considered an acceptable practice, no conditions attached. Also, abandon ALL, and I mean ALL, government collusion with religious entities. That means faith based initiatives. That means allowing churches to use government building parking spaces on Sundays. That means no nativity scenes in front of the Post Office and no Ten Commandments in courtrooms. None!

....but nobody here wants any of that stuff, do they?
Liberal

Winnsboro, SC

#64257 Dec 10, 2012
Me liberal
Me and fellow liberals think we smart
We no different than anyone else
Liberal

Winnsboro, SC

#64258 Dec 10, 2012
(The me talk is a nod to just how dumb some, again some, liberals can be.)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#64259 Dec 10, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Oh was it a joke, sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were letting the world know your political views

So what you are really saying then is that DubYa was a liberal yes?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64260 Dec 10, 2012
The Bible tells us in GEN 1:1&2&3 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." If we could use our understanding of sound light and heat and describe the command as a literal voice which traveled upon waves of patterned compressions and rarefactions, then we can form a creation theory which seperates the event into understandable constituents. We can apply our observations concerning sound as it travels through water to make claims describing the reality.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#64261 Dec 10, 2012
GIVE iIT UP..
Every ALIEN in the Universe ...KNOWS...THAT EARTH is a TEST SITE...Created ORIGINALS..
Then...sadly.

There are the science experiments.... that have EVOLVED...dispite being test-tube FREAKS!!!..

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#64262 Dec 10, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
GIVE iIT UP..
Every ALIEN in the Universe ...KNOWS...THAT EARTH is a TEST SITE...Created ORIGINALS..
Then...sadly.
There are the science experiments.... that have EVOLVED...dispite being test-tube FREAKS!!!..
....oooookay....

<<Kong backing away slowly>>
reality

Germantown, OH

#64263 Dec 10, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
....oooookay....
<<Kong backing away slowly>>
I bet PMS evolved.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64264 Dec 10, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Ah. Another mook who thinks which way people vote is relevant to the validity of science.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#64265 Dec 10, 2012
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet PMS evolved.
I would have guessed LSD....or some other 3-letter combination.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64266 Dec 10, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
Get a life by feeling yourself first.
Uhhhh... too much info, pal.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#64267 Dec 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks attend mass gatherings a lot for the "social aspects" of them though.
Because people can actually worship quietly to themselves, to any creator they wish to.
So over all, we would have to deduce "your "theory" on THAT, as being a taduh bit "flawed" as well.
That is a novel interpretation and worthy of merit. I though he said gravity keeps us on Earth because God doesn't want us. A lot depends on what he means by 'attending services'.
reality

Germantown, OH

#64268 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us in GEN 1:1&2&3 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." If we could use our understanding of sound light and heat and describe the command as a literal voice which traveled upon waves of patterned compressions and rarefactions, then we can form a creation theory which seperates the event into understandable constituents. We can apply our observations concerning sound as it travels through water to make claims describing the reality.
For what reason would you want to qoute the Bible to prove any point? The Bible wasn't written by a "god". It was written by men & women just like you & I...normal everyday run of the mill homo sapiens sapiens.
reality

Germantown, OH

#64269 Dec 10, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
GIVE iIT UP..
Then...sadly.
I bet PMS evolved.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64270 Dec 10, 2012
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
For what reason would you want to qoute the Bible to prove any point? The Bible wasn't written by a "god". It was written by men & women just like you & I...normal everyday run of the mill homo sapiens sapiens.
This thread is concerning creation and I believe the Creator is the God of the Bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#64271 Dec 10, 2012
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
No peer review
Just peer revered
Like Newton
Newton made his discoveries prior to the scientific method and was grandfathered in, they also proved to be inaccurate in many ways.

Care to try a more apt analogy? Like maybe his writings and notions are no better than those of Tolkien, a much more apt analogy.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#64272 Dec 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, another Maz failure. You claimed that BEFORE the first news of "junk DNA" came out that creationists had predicted that the entire genome would be functional. This is not even a a prediction after "junk DNA" was first discovered. This is an article of a discredited creatard grasping at straws after the discovery that gave them a glimmer of hope was made.
You still have no answer for ancestral genes and ERV's. I will keep reminding you of that failure of yours.
As I have said, so far you have nothing. There is still not "there" there in your arguments.
Now you're stupid is showing. I claimed creos made their claims around junk dna being functional before it was found otherwise. Neither creos or evos could make any claims on junk dna until the stuff was found initially,..Stupid!

ERVs were classified as junk dna and we will look at that specifically when we are done with this. I am not evading anything, I have said this to you before, and don't want this discussion going down the usual tail chasing circle of evasion evos employ when they have lost a point. We are now specifically talking about creos and evos general claims around junk dna. We will talk about ervs specifically, next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 6 min Maverick 808 8,142
Waterpark employees kick woman out after she re... (Jul '13) 7 min Maverick 808 973
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Parden Pard 30,315
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Harrison Freebird 24,114
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Mega Monster 7,589
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 13 min Parden Pard 40,729
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 13 min Spirit67_ 7,378
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Tom2Tone 152,522
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 48 min Spirit67_ 25,727
Is it possible to....... 1 hr toad4754 579
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 hr Princess Hey 334
More from around the web