Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64233 Dec 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then creationists by said definition must be animals for having no conscience. Or maybe Maz has it but just isn't listening.
Some have certainly acted like it over centuries...just like some "non-creationists" have as well.

Muh critters-including the CAT, don't mess with the chickens either.

I taught 'em better than that...as best anyone can teach critters anyway lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64234 Dec 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
He correctly predicted part of that picture though. And that's why evolution is the only game in town in biological circles.
That's why we have PHYSICS too :-)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64235 Dec 10, 2012
Life on earth came from a miracle of God and then systems in nature are assigned to accomplish accommodiation and activities required as in maintenance or repair for life on earth. The peformance of these systems is as to duties or work and the whole organizational range of kinds (WORK theory) are in service from the beginning and God is the object of reverence or regard for these attending services.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64236 Dec 10, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach, I deal with facts. To my best interpretation, creation works. No fossil evidence proves that the evos are out to lunch. They push evo because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to. Independence is a religion you know. I duel with all the evos too. They have no evidence. NONE.
By God, I think you're on to something in the REST of the whole big there lol!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64237 Dec 10, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That was the conclusion I drew, also.
Never underestimate the sickness at the core of the irrational mind.

Obviously, there isn't really a debate going on here. The current posters have something else on their minds entirely. They don't feel sure that they know what's right, they are just sure that you're wrong. I won't waste time on that nonsense. Whatever authority figures they are rebelling against, I don't have any interest in it.

Normally, psychoanalyzing people is rude. In this case, it's the best debate I can offer until people either address empirical evidence for what it is or faith for what it is.

Some things in life aren't very fair. Sometimes you have to pay a price to be part of a herd. This crowd is just bigots who want the herd to give them more and other people less. They're just a bunch of Brownshirt wannabees who are looking for some leverage. It disturbs me to think that the pro-evolution camp is not that different in their politics.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64238 Dec 10, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach, I deal with facts. To my best interpretation, creation works. No fossil evidence proves that the evos are out to lunch. They push evo because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to. Independence is a religion you know. I duel with all the evos too. They have no evidence. NONE.
"because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to." (which theoretically could arise in EITHER a creationist OR an evolutionist)

Kind of like living life at busy intersections with no stop signs...and malfunctioning traffic lights.

Talk about nothing but DYSFUNCTIONAL mutations then!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64239 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Life on earth came from a miracle of God and then systems in nature are assigned to accomplish accommodiation and activities required as in maintenance or repair for life on earth. The peformance of these systems is as to duties or work and the whole organizational range of kinds (WORK theory) are in service from the beginning and God is the object of reverence or regard for these attending services.
Some folks attend mass gatherings a lot for the "social aspects" of them though.

Because people can actually worship quietly to themselves, to any creator they wish to.

So over all, we would have to deduce "your "theory" on THAT, as being a taduh bit "flawed" as well.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64240 Dec 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I DISAGREE in a BIG way-because MANY MANT rocks were most likely alive at some point in time....evolved and THEN fossilized.
Are you THAT STUPID? Maybe that's why you chained to sum mastuh. Twits usually are.
What is your evidence that all rocks did not suddenly come into existence, and I'm not talking about fossils?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64241 Dec 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the sickness at the core of the irrational mind.
Obviously, there isn't really a debate going on here. The current posters have something else on their minds entirely. They don't feel sure that they know what's right, they are just sure that you're wrong. I won't waste time on that nonsense. Whatever authority figures they are rebelling against, I don't have any interest in it.
Normally, psychoanalyzing people is rude. In this case, it's the best debate I can offer until people either address empirical evidence for what it is or faith for what it is.
Some things in life aren't very fair. Sometimes you have to pay a price to be part of a herd. This crowd is just bigots who want the herd to give them more and other people less. They're just a bunch of Brownshirt wannabees who are looking for some leverage. It disturbs me to think that the pro-evolution camp is not that different in their politics.
PROOF, that the dark age, anarchial mindset of "collective stupidiy en masse" like that of the pitch fork and torch light carrying histronics of hedonists still exists in some spheres?

Just look at the 2012 election...slurped, swallowed and satiated themselves (and are STILL drooling the chewd remains out of their consumption ignoholes, at elementary levels) to the nth degree on "collective efferevescent" podium speeches...like the herds of mindless mass bootlickers they are.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64242 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What is your evidence that all rocks did not suddenly come into existence, and I'm not talking about fossils?
I didn't say that you did.

I find that a rather twisted and distorted imbecilic statement myself-given the "big bang" theory and all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64243 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What is your evidence that all rocks did not suddenly come into existence, and I'm not talking about fossils?
And sorry, I can't DUHM it down any further than that--so do try and FOCUS, before you post more blaring self- stupidity.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64244 Dec 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I'd certainly like to know how. Presumably your "scientific theory" of GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC is relevant to the scientific method, yes? Just how did Noah re-populate the Earth after all that in-teh-fam nook-nook?
With his atoms scattered across the solar system?
THAT'S ONE HECK OF A BOTTLENECK!
lol

Save the Universe--Stop contributing to SPACE JUNK !!!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64245 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I didn't say that you did.
I find that a rather twisted and distorted imbecilic statement myself-given the "big bang" theory and all.
The universe very well may have started out very very small and then branched out, however it happened in a 6 day period.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64246 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The universe very well may have started out very very small and then branched out, however it happened in a 6 day period.
You DON'T know that, you only PARROT what has been assumed, and then twist into your (rather warped in my opinion) on what has bee passed along.

For all we know, six days could been the equivalent of six thousand years.

There's a rather LARGE (UNKNOWN) gap of "time" in the big bang theory as well.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64247 Dec 10, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well have. You are saying that since we don't have an unreasonably thorough explanation of how life started on earth that some inexplicable "force" must have been responsible. As was already mentioned, this is an appeal to ignorance, and it does not make any sense. 10000 years ago you might have been telling us that lightning is so mysterious that aliens must be responsible.
http://geology.com/articles/racetrack-playa-s...

Biological, chemical and (probably more so in this case) META-PHYSICal things that make people go hm.......

Science-gotta love it too!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64248 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>
You DON'T know that, you only PARROT what has been assumed, and then twist into your (rather warped in my opinion) on what has bee passed along.
For all we know, six days could been the equivalent of six thousand years.
There's a rather LARGE (UNKNOWN) gap of "time" in the big bang theory as well.
From my understanding of miracles, they originate from God with suddeness. Jesus performed miracles which prove this assertion. It only took long enough for him to command it to be and it was so.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#64249 Dec 10, 2012
<quoted text>
PROOF, that the dark age, anarchial mindset of "collective stupidiy en masse" like that of the pitch fork and torch light carrying histronics of hedonists still exists in some spheres?
Just look at the 2012 election...slurped, swallowed and satiated themselves (and are STILL drooling the chewd remains out of their consumption ignoholes, at elementary levels) to the nth degree on "collective efferevescent" podium speeches...like the herds of mindless mass bootlickers they are.
Too heavy on the imagery. The liberals have their faults and their litmus tests for loyalty, just like the conservatives do. The pro-evolution crowd here isn't particularly loyal to either camp, but I wonder if everyone here is just trying out the idea of playing the field.

It's a bad idea. Scientists who gambled on the Brownshirts were eventually forced to do their bidding. It's an embarrassment that some like Wernher Von Braun where given red carpet treatment after the war, even though they completely knew the moral implications of their work. Not many scientists do weapons research and have those options.
Liberal

Winnsboro, SC

#64250 Dec 10, 2012
Me am liberal
Me preach tolerance of all beliefs

Then me turn around and disparage and make fun of religious people's beliefs

Me not actually mean tolerance of ALL beliefs

Me just said that 'cause me am liberal
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64251 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>From my understanding of miracles, they originate from God with suddeness. Jesus performed miracles which prove this assertion. It only took long enough for him to command it to be and it was so.
That's only your interpretation, which is just another interpretation in a world full of milleniums of them.

Some people see miracles in things every day. Some don't.

That's people.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#64252 Dec 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Too heavy on the imagery. The liberals have their faults and their litmus tests for loyalty, just like the conservatives do. The pro-evolution crowd here isn't particularly loyal to either camp, but I wonder if everyone here is just trying out the idea of playing the field.
It's a bad idea. Scientists who gambled on the Brownshirts were eventually forced to do their bidding. It's an embarrassment that some like Wernher Von Braun where given red carpet treatment after the war, even though they completely knew the moral implications of their work. Not many scientists do weapons research and have those options.
That may be why the inventor of the Abombs, wrestled continually with their own internal struggles huh.

The difference between people like that, and ones like Saddam, Ahjihmasmileinyourface dog and others like them---conscience in humanity vs none.(or being eVILE and socioILLogically psychoTic enough enough to ignore the humanity factor--sickos.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 10 min Parden Pard 17,564
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 17 min Parden Pard 29,406
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 18 min UnderstandPeople 266
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 21 min Parden Pard 40,266
30,000 post wins (May '13) 23 min Weird 0ne 2 1,833
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 25 min Parden Pard 54,595
What's your tip for the day? 27 min Parden Pard 1,079
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 147,013
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Enzo49 20,533
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 8 hr Enzo49 416