Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
60,081 - 60,100 of 114,586 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64222
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
SETI is a non-profit corporation that is funded purely on donations. It does not receive tax dollars.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64223
Dec 10, 2012
 
I like to think outside of the box* I also like the Original ROAST MAXWELL HOUSE filter pack coffee in the square can****;)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64224
Dec 10, 2012
 
I believe everytthing in the universe and on earth originated with suddenness through a miracle of creation in the beginning.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64225
Dec 10, 2012
 
The root word for the word THEORY means contemplation of divine things or organization (cosmos) of nature, and devine is pertaining to God and the hypothetical law and explanation of how the cosmos works in a systematic way.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64226
Dec 10, 2012
 
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64227
Dec 10, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
And Mav, this is from the Discover article:
<quoted text>
Yes, like ERV's, and ancestral genes. Those were never considered to be junk.
Please try to understand the articles that you link.
As I have said time after time, "junk DNA" is a term similar to "UFO" when the DNA is identified it is no longer "junk".
In other words: Wrong Maz, try again.
Exactly what is being referenced as "junk" DNA? I ask specifically because, how would any rational scientist label any DNA as "junk" when all DNA has yet to be totally defined as to it's individual functions within the strands of?
For example, would the DNA of an onion be considered "junk", when it lends to science the ability to possibly witness the creation and mutation of bochulism, when handled incorrectly?

Seriously...and that's not "just more nothing but copy and paste hot air BS and question" question....
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64228
Dec 10, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
I DISAGREE in a BIG way-because MANY MANT rocks were most likely alive at some point in time....evolved and THEN fossilized.

Are you THAT STUPID? Maybe that's why you chained to sum mastuh. Twits usually are.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64229
Dec 10, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I wrote the little blurb you quoted in this reply.
Just pointing out some of the errors of your LACK of thought process.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64230
Dec 10, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
From the BBC:
"Science shows that the Biblical creation story is not literally true, and demonstrates that Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden are myths and not historical figures.
This destroys the idea of original sin as being caused by the misbehaviour of the first man and woman, and the idea of inheriting guilt or punishment for that misbehaviour.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/chris...
and the error of the ignorance of your OWN denial.

The OT is FULL of the wretchedness of sinners!!

Course-a LOT of people already KNOW that.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64231
Dec 10, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
Does genetics support a single couple (Adam and Eve)?
NO...
http://biologos.org/blog/does-genetics-point-...
A Hint--the Bible is just ONE book, containing many chapters of the " world civ as some saw it". NOT a telebision series with before and after sequels.
That's why we have SCIENCE.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64232
Dec 10, 2012
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My son? Yes there is, I see him sitting there in front of me.
A want to know everything? Yes there is a want to know everything and I have it.
What thing are you talking about?
Even Einstien didn't "know it all" because there's NO such thing.

And RATIONAL people realize that--unless they're some sort of sociopathic, degenrate, delusional control FREAK...that can only WISH there were.

Your poor son-does he report to you how many times he brushes his teeth daily? My sympathies to him.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64233
Dec 10, 2012
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then creationists by said definition must be animals for having no conscience. Or maybe Maz has it but just isn't listening.
Some have certainly acted like it over centuries...just like some "non-creationists" have as well.

Muh critters-including the CAT, don't mess with the chickens either.

I taught 'em better than that...as best anyone can teach critters anyway lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64234
Dec 10, 2012
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
He correctly predicted part of that picture though. And that's why evolution is the only game in town in biological circles.
That's why we have PHYSICS too :-)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64235
Dec 10, 2012
 
Life on earth came from a miracle of God and then systems in nature are assigned to accomplish accommodiation and activities required as in maintenance or repair for life on earth. The peformance of these systems is as to duties or work and the whole organizational range of kinds (WORK theory) are in service from the beginning and God is the object of reverence or regard for these attending services.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64236
Dec 10, 2012
 
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach, I deal with facts. To my best interpretation, creation works. No fossil evidence proves that the evos are out to lunch. They push evo because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to. Independence is a religion you know. I duel with all the evos too. They have no evidence. NONE.
By God, I think you're on to something in the REST of the whole big there lol!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64237
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That was the conclusion I drew, also.
Never underestimate the sickness at the core of the irrational mind.

Obviously, there isn't really a debate going on here. The current posters have something else on their minds entirely. They don't feel sure that they know what's right, they are just sure that you're wrong. I won't waste time on that nonsense. Whatever authority figures they are rebelling against, I don't have any interest in it.

Normally, psychoanalyzing people is rude. In this case, it's the best debate I can offer until people either address empirical evidence for what it is or faith for what it is.

Some things in life aren't very fair. Sometimes you have to pay a price to be part of a herd. This crowd is just bigots who want the herd to give them more and other people less. They're just a bunch of Brownshirt wannabees who are looking for some leverage. It disturbs me to think that the pro-evolution camp is not that different in their politics.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64238
Dec 10, 2012
 
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach, I deal with facts. To my best interpretation, creation works. No fossil evidence proves that the evos are out to lunch. They push evo because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to. Independence is a religion you know. I duel with all the evos too. They have no evidence. NONE.
"because of their hatred to acknowledge a creator, or someone to answer to." (which theoretically could arise in EITHER a creationist OR an evolutionist)

Kind of like living life at busy intersections with no stop signs...and malfunctioning traffic lights.

Talk about nothing but DYSFUNCTIONAL mutations then!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64239
Dec 10, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Life on earth came from a miracle of God and then systems in nature are assigned to accomplish accommodiation and activities required as in maintenance or repair for life on earth. The peformance of these systems is as to duties or work and the whole organizational range of kinds (WORK theory) are in service from the beginning and God is the object of reverence or regard for these attending services.
Some folks attend mass gatherings a lot for the "social aspects" of them though.

Because people can actually worship quietly to themselves, to any creator they wish to.

So over all, we would have to deduce "your "theory" on THAT, as being a taduh bit "flawed" as well.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64240
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I DISAGREE in a BIG way-because MANY MANT rocks were most likely alive at some point in time....evolved and THEN fossilized.
Are you THAT STUPID? Maybe that's why you chained to sum mastuh. Twits usually are.
What is your evidence that all rocks did not suddenly come into existence, and I'm not talking about fossils?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64241
Dec 10, 2012
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the sickness at the core of the irrational mind.
Obviously, there isn't really a debate going on here. The current posters have something else on their minds entirely. They don't feel sure that they know what's right, they are just sure that you're wrong. I won't waste time on that nonsense. Whatever authority figures they are rebelling against, I don't have any interest in it.
Normally, psychoanalyzing people is rude. In this case, it's the best debate I can offer until people either address empirical evidence for what it is or faith for what it is.
Some things in life aren't very fair. Sometimes you have to pay a price to be part of a herd. This crowd is just bigots who want the herd to give them more and other people less. They're just a bunch of Brownshirt wannabees who are looking for some leverage. It disturbs me to think that the pro-evolution camp is not that different in their politics.
PROOF, that the dark age, anarchial mindset of "collective stupidiy en masse" like that of the pitch fork and torch light carrying histronics of hedonists still exists in some spheres?

Just look at the 2012 election...slurped, swallowed and satiated themselves (and are STILL drooling the chewd remains out of their consumption ignoholes, at elementary levels) to the nth degree on "collective efferevescent" podium speeches...like the herds of mindless mass bootlickers they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••