Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64193 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
Dude, you can go on and on about my arguments. Yet so far, you haven't provided evidence!
Of course I haven't. That's because you are not interested.(shrug)
Cybele wrote:
If you accept the theory of evolution, then you would have to accept the M theory or string theory, blackholes, parallel universe or multiverse, etc.
Not actually the case, since they are all scientific HYPOTHESES that are WITHIN cosmology. For instance, the multiverse and black holes are not mutually exclusive. Unfortunately the usage of the terminology is such that it's quicker to say "theory" instead of "scientific hypothesis", such as in these cases, and that tends to be confusing for laymen but there ya go.
Cybele wrote:
And oh here's something for ya:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scien...
THAT'S GREAT! So all you need to do now is provide me with what I've been asking for 7 years now - if evolution is indeed false and no longer the prevailing scientific theory in modern biology (which MIGHT just be a bit of a surprise to like pretty much the entire scientific community to a point that even all creo propagandists would have to go back and do a double double take) then by all means, please present us with your alternative "scientific explanation" that does a better job of explaining the evidence.

So far the only thing people have been tried on us is that everything was magically poofed by an invisible Jewish wizard.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#64194 Dec 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd at least need to know of the existence of small dinosaurs.(shrug)
So why are you asking me to answer something again? What was it you were looking for? The "Missing link"? I gave you fifteen.(Plus that particular request is a danger to kittens). Linkys to more? Provided. Genetic evidence? It was provided. Mutation rates? Provided. Gradual change across the fossil record? Provided. Comparative anatomy? Provided. Consistent nested hierarchies across all of these? Provided.
Seriously bub, what the FRAK could you POSSIBLY want? 100% proof positive that DEFINITELY no invisible magical Jewish wizard poofed the universe and all life on Earth into existence? Sorry, but I cannot provide that. But then it's not relevant to the validity of evolution anyway.
I was provided evidence (to some not all) but the source didn't provide answers to my questions. It even says it on the source!

If you've taken all sciences then you would know that not all theories are legit or have eventually been superseded or replaced.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64195 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was provided evidence (to some not all) but the source didn't provide answers to my questions. It even says it on the source!
Which source? And then you must consider are your questions reasonable? For example, creationists here often demand that (while they provide sweet FA) we provide a complete and total step by step, mutation by mutation, organism by organism account of the entire 4 billion year history of life on Earth for all of the BILLIONS of species that ever lived.

And if we can't do that then Goddidit with magic.
Cybele wrote:
If you've taken all sciences then you would know that not all theories are legit or have eventually been superseded or replaced.
Indeed. But it is looking increasingly likely that evolution may be modified as new evidence comes in, which is normal for any theory. But not the question of whether or not common ancestry occurred. The REAL scientific debates in biology are over HOW evolution has occurred, the mechanisms, the particulars, etc. Rather like Newton's gravity. It works. We even teach it in schools it works that good. It is correct - to a point at least. And it was superseded by Einstein's relativity. Which in turn is being superseded by quantum mechanics. But in each case the basics of gravity still work the same. Apples will still fall down. And our understanding of how gravity works has only been refined, not thrown out entirely.

So unless the creationists come up with something drastic, it looks like evolution is heading that way.

Which is why a lot of them pray for Judgement day.(shrug)

Level 5

above and beyond

#64196 Dec 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. We got ourselves a real live eugenicist in our ranks!
Unfortunately, we still don't have an answer to why humans have different blood types or why we have different races. Or do you?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#64197 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
Dude, you can go on and on about my arguments. Yet so far, you haven't provided evidence!
If you accept the theory of evolution, then you would have to accept the M theory or string theory, blackholes, parallel universe or multiverse, etc.
Cybele, the problem is that you are a denier. You deny scientific evidence when it is presented to you. And only a liar would deny scientific evidence.

Do you know what scientific evidence is?

Level 5

above and beyond

#64198 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Cybele, the problem is that you are a denier. You deny scientific evidence when it is presented to you. And only a liar would deny scientific evidence.
Do you know what scientific evidence is?
NO I don't deny it. It is just lacking in scientific evidence, that's all.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#64199 Dec 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Gullible and naive.
Anyone who writes as much as you....is simply a freak. You spewww crap from out of your garments..........too many words == no one reads. Freak ........Get a life by feeling yourself first.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#64200 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I don't deny it. It is just lacking in scientific evidence, that's all.
Find anything with any more scientific evidence supporting it.

At least my lesson of scientific evidence has gotten through.

I am not a biologist so I cannot argue the merits of all of their evidence for evolution. It is at least as massive as geologies. We have very good fossil lineages for quite a few species. Included are whales, horses, giraffes, elephants, many lines of dinosaurs, an almost unbelievable amount of sea life.

Since you seem to have trouble believing the theory of evolution why don't you tell us what you believe and we will tell you why it is wrong. This should be a give and take. We have been doing all of the giving, you have provided nothing except for negation.

Time to turn things around a bit.

Level 5

above and beyond

#64201 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a biologist so I cannot argue the merits of all of their evidence for evolution. It is at least as massive as geologies. We have very good fossil lineages for quite a few species. Included are whales, horses, giraffes, elephants, many lines of dinosaurs, an almost unbelievable amount of sea life.
Since you seem to have trouble believing the theory of evolution why don't you tell us what you believe and we will tell you why it is wrong. This should be a give and take. We have been doing all of the giving, you have provided nothing except for negation.
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#64202 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
Intelligent life on other planets really has nothing to do with evolution on the Earth. Why even bring it up here?

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64203 Dec 9, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would argue science and religion are very close.
Science can recognize when it makes a mistake and changes.
Religion does the same this is proven by we no longer go on crusades to Jerusalem. We no longer own slaves. No more purification through pain (fire torture) we don't hunt witches. I think you get the point. Most modern Christians find these acts as they were done to be wicked.
So science and religion are growing and always changing.
How are they close? They serve two different purposes. Are you claiming that religious dogma can accurately explain the universe?

And religion has changed because it was forced to change. The world was/is moving on, and religion has to adapt. People stopped putting up with their BS, so they changed. People stopped being OK with witch burnings. People are getting fed up with religion trying to outlaw homosexual marriage and birth control. Some churches have already given up fighting a losing battle against societal progress. The rest will follow.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#64204 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Are claiming anything to be false?

Level 3

Location hidden

#64205 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
What is this I don't even

Level 3

Location hidden

#64206 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. The fact that the geocentric model was superseded means that the TOE will go down in flames too.

Level 5

above and beyond

#64207 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent life on other planets really has nothing to do with evolution on the Earth. Why even bring it up here?
because there are scientists particularly involved in the Human Genome project are leaning towards extraterrestrial origins

Level 9

Everett, WA

#64208 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
because there are scientists particularly involved in the Human Genome project are leaning towards extraterrestrial origins
I guarantee you that they are not.

Level 5

above and beyond

#64209 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you that they are not.
think outside the box, where else could life on earth have come from?

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#64210 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, there is no evidence in the fossil record for humans. You take the easy way out of accountability, confirming that we are accountable to a higher source. You are obviously a lazy freakstool of a human, excusing yourself from every bad mistake you have made.

Level 3

Location hidden

#64211 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
think outside the box, where else could life on earth have come from?
Jesus?

Level 5

above and beyond

#64212 Dec 9, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus?
Adam and Eve virus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Wolftracks 147,013
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 17 min UnderstandPeople 28,607
I'd rather... (Oct '11) 46 min UnderstandPeople 1,827
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 48 min Hey 264
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 281
Waitress Hits Lottery, Won't Quit Job 1 hr Friends in ARIZONA 10
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr Hey 15,424
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr wichita-rick 1,078
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr Enzo49 20,533
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 5 hr Enzo49 416
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,515
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE