Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204724 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64211 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
think outside the box, where else could life on earth have come from?
Jesus?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#64212 Dec 9, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus?
Adam and Eve virus

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#64213 Dec 9, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, there is no evidence in the fossil record for humans. You take the easy way out of accountability, confirming that we are accountable to a higher source. You are obviously a lazy freakstool of a human, excusing yourself from every bad mistake you have made.
You seem to have an attitude problem..:-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#64214 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
think outside the box, where else could life on earth have come from?
Logical fallacy.

That one's called the "Argumentum ad Ignorantem" fallacy - in this case, "I dunno. God musta diddit."

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#64215 Dec 9, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Logical fallacy.
That one's called the "Argumentum ad Ignorantem" fallacy - in this case, "I dunno. God musta diddit."
where did I mention God on my post?

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#64216 Dec 9, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, there is no evidence in the fossil record for humans.
You mean the cemeteries are all empty?

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#64217 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
where did I mention God on my post?
Do you claim anything is false?

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#64218 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
Do you claim anything is false?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#64219 Dec 9, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
where did I mention God on my post?
Hmm.

You didn't, nor did the previous coupla posts.

My apologies - I usually keep better track of conversations than that.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64220 Dec 10, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
where did I mention God on my post?
You might as well have. You are saying that since we don't have an unreasonably thorough explanation of how life started on earth that some inexplicable "force" must have been responsible. As was already mentioned, this is an appeal to ignorance, and it does not make any sense. 10000 years ago you might have been telling us that lightning is so mysterious that aliens must be responsible.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#64221 Dec 10, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well have. You are saying that since we don't have an unreasonably thorough explanation of how life started on earth that some inexplicable "force" must have been responsible. As was already mentioned, this is an appeal to ignorance, and it does not make any sense. 10000 years ago you might have been telling us that lightning is so mysterious that aliens must be responsible.
That was the conclusion I drew, also.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#64222 Dec 10, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you want to know what I believe so you can debunk it right? I am not claiming anything to be "true" but like most physicists do I wonder if there is intelligent life out there or we wouldn't be spending billions of dollars building SETI.
SETI is a non-profit corporation that is funded purely on donations. It does not receive tax dollars.
FREE SERVANT
#64223 Dec 10, 2012
I like to think outside of the box* I also like the Original ROAST MAXWELL HOUSE filter pack coffee in the square can****;)
FREE SERVANT
#64224 Dec 10, 2012
I believe everytthing in the universe and on earth originated with suddenness through a miracle of creation in the beginning.
FREE SERVANT
#64225 Dec 10, 2012
The root word for the word THEORY means contemplation of divine things or organization (cosmos) of nature, and devine is pertaining to God and the hypothetical law and explanation of how the cosmos works in a systematic way.
FREE SERVANT
#64226 Dec 10, 2012
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64227 Dec 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
And Mav, this is from the Discover article:
<quoted text>
Yes, like ERV's, and ancestral genes. Those were never considered to be junk.
Please try to understand the articles that you link.
As I have said time after time, "junk DNA" is a term similar to "UFO" when the DNA is identified it is no longer "junk".
In other words: Wrong Maz, try again.
Exactly what is being referenced as "junk" DNA? I ask specifically because, how would any rational scientist label any DNA as "junk" when all DNA has yet to be totally defined as to it's individual functions within the strands of?
For example, would the DNA of an onion be considered "junk", when it lends to science the ability to possibly witness the creation and mutation of bochulism, when handled incorrectly?

Seriously...and that's not "just more nothing but copy and paste hot air BS and question" question....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64228 Dec 10, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
All things that are not alive like rocks were created at the beginnning at once and not over a long period of time and they do not expand or extend to dvide into branches, living things on the other hand propagate through patterned instructions or seed and they multiply in their original kind with changes if needs be to be fruitful in a given environment.
I DISAGREE in a BIG way-because MANY MANT rocks were most likely alive at some point in time....evolved and THEN fossilized.

Are you THAT STUPID? Maybe that's why you chained to sum mastuh. Twits usually are.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64229 Dec 10, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I wrote the little blurb you quoted in this reply.
Just pointing out some of the errors of your LACK of thought process.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#64230 Dec 10, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
From the BBC:
"Science shows that the Biblical creation story is not literally true, and demonstrates that Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden are myths and not historical figures.
This destroys the idea of original sin as being caused by the misbehaviour of the first man and woman, and the idea of inheriting guilt or punishment for that misbehaviour.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/chris...
and the error of the ignorance of your OWN denial.

The OT is FULL of the wretchedness of sinners!!

Course-a LOT of people already KNOW that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Interesting Data 59,657
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min Parden Pard 44,582
News Unspoken desires: The weirdest sex fetishes you... 8 min Spotted Girl 3
News Police: Woman robs nun at knifepoint, steals ro... 9 min Xstain Fumblement... 21
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 19,654
News Crews free man stuck between buildings after bi... 15 min Xstain Fumblement... 16
2words into 2new words (May '12) 21 min avon5735 3,752
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 197,284
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr andet1987 33,140
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,792
More from around the web