Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#63985 Dec 8, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
As slavery was a fact of the day.
Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."
I've never owned and will never own a slave. I've also never built an ark hung anyone on a cross killed my children for disobedience stoned anyone (with a rock) beaten my wife owned a donkey fled with my people from Egypt or raped nor do I think rape is ok.
I do not agree with slavery or genocide.
The things Moses set into law where brutal to say the least the things God told them to do I don't agree with.
God didn't and isn't going to ask my opinion before he does or says things. So what do you want me to do about it?
Moses did not set anything into law. They are god's laws and jesus said that you must follow them.

What do I want you to do about it? Nothing! You did as much as I could ask for. You said that your god's laws are brutal. I would add, they are evil. I don't waste my time hoping that you would admit that!

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#63986 Dec 8, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Evotards have three words too,....Goo dun it!
Yep, Evos have their mountains of outdated hubris and falsifications as theri journey into the light and need more faith than any theist, I reckon.

An Alien life form that they theorize very likely exists, could not exist unless it is in organic terms they can describe and understand. This is the underlying logic I think these atheists rest on.

It is more plausible to believe life began with the hand of God than to suggest non living elements could organize themselves into a complex factory of reproduction.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#63987 Dec 8, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you got ahold of some of that brown acid.
They tried to warn you...
Nope I don't do dope!!!!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#63988 Dec 8, 2012
The Mayan calendar may be a cycle that is from the time of NImrod until now, they didn't know anything about what happens after this date.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#63989 Dec 8, 2012
If we are discussing the origin of "English", then we must discuss the origin of *Old English*, because *Old English* is the earliest form of English.
You suddenly realized that *Old English* was already spoken by the Angles and Saxons on their boats on the way to England.
No wonder you want to move the goalposts.
Charles Idemi wrote:
I have earlier told you that, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes left mainland europe in their mass to England.
And I already asked you, what language did they speak on their boats before they arrived on the island?
Charles Idemi wrote:
According to law, when a person leaves a particular place to another, he automatically becomes the citizen of that place
Really? Please quote the law that was in place when the Angles and Saxons arrived on the island.

Tampa, FL

#63990 Dec 8, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
You are wasting your time. Despite that, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, were/ are no German or Danish, they became English. Do your research on international laws or immigration laws.
Right, all those international laws and immigration laws were in place at the time that the Angles and Saxons arrived on the island.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Tampa, FL

#63991 Dec 8, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...if you say so.
The more important question is, could the sons of the Angle, Saxon, and Jute conquerors of Britain understand the language of their fathers? Or their grandsons?
There is a common logical fallacy that many fall prone to - which is the stamping of discrete categories onto phenomena that form a continuum. Arguing all day as to what miniscule gradation of grey should be called dark grey versus light grey.
The conquerors spoke whatever flavour of German and Norse their fathers did, and when, over generations, that language gradually differentiated on the Island of Britain to be first a recognisably different accent, then dialect, from the mainland varieties (which would have been changing independently too), then we can speak of Old English.
What is the big deal about where you draw a magic line between a "father" who spoke a German dialect and his son who spoke "the first true English". Its the fantasy of artificial categories.
You realize that you're arguing with a guy who thinks that international laws and immigration laws were in place when the Angles and Saxons arrived in Britain?

Tampa, FL

#63992 Dec 8, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
On arrival, the Angles and Saxons were speaking old German.
No, they were speaking Old English, which is most closely related to Old Frisian. Together with Old Saxon (ancestral to Low German, not to German, aka High German), they were Ingvaeonic languages.

This puts them in a different branch from the branches leading to Dutch and German.

Tampa, FL

#63993 Dec 8, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
English is native to England, because it was first spoken there.
What language was spoken on board the boats of the Angles and Saxons on the way to England?

Tampa, FL

#63994 Dec 8, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Regarding the Mayan calendar, I think it goes back to a time just after the flood.
What flood?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#63995 Dec 8, 2012
And Maz is still repeating her bogus claim of genetic deterioration.

Maz, the articles you find don't support you. They are lab studies where they took away half of the evolutionary process. They are only studying random mutation. You and all of your other creatard friends conveniently keep forgetting the other half of the equation; naturals selection.

Yes, it is easy to debunk evolution, if you only allow half of it. You will see creatards claim "Random mutation alone will not cause evolution" or "Random selection will only go so far". And both of these statements are true on their own and they are both LIES since they ignore the other half of the driving process of evolution.

Keep on making your busted claims Maz and we will keep busting them. You are only fooling yourself and your creatard friends. At least you outperform Russell in that regard.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#63996 Dec 8, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow.....the tales are true. That's why your ass is even here. Give credit when credit is due. You reject God, then you are nothing but a fool of common nature. A leaf on a tree which you say evolved. God starts with the very basics, for we were simply, humans.
The thing is my friend, you have absolutely no proofs whatsoever for your claims, and science and evolutionists have tremendous evidences and proofs. You therefore live in a world of delusions

You believe in a world where magic is a viable commodity and demons are real. Of course it is all bullsh!t and provably wrong.

I live in a world with no demons, no spirits in the sky looking over my shoulder...where logic rules. I follow the Golden Rule and don't subscribe to the evil God of your Bible.

I have a realistic world-view, you are deluded

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#63997 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypothesis? What's the hypothesis? The world wants to know, well, the intelligent portion of the world. Go ahead, answer it if you can, what is the hypothesis, no one else has actually answered that questions yet.
Well, there are some variations on the God-creation hypothesis, but usually
it comes down to the hypothesis that God made the world/universe at a fixed
time in the past, and events proceeded from there. What happened later, and
when and if He interceded in those later events, does now, or will in the
future, can be considered more or less separately. If the fixed moment when
God created the Universe is set back far enough, all the way to the big bang
event, or something semi-compatible with the most remote and exotic of
current physical theory guesses, then there is little difference between the
two, except for putative interventions later. If only set back to the
appearance of the first primitive life on earth, then at least evolution is
clearly compatible with with that kind of religious hypothesis, so there
need be no dispute.

So as far as evolution is concerned, it's only when the God-creation event
is proposed to have been relatively recent in the Earth's history, that from
an evolutionary standpoint, most of us start to feel that clear
counter-evidence is being ignored. It is then that we start to talk about
the value of the scientific method, and what it means to have a good theory
versus a disproved one.

The fact that, to us sceptics, even any kind of God hypothesis always seems
to be at least somewhat gratuitous can be discussed separately. Where ever
we can separate parts of the larger discussion we can handle it better,
since drowning us in detail, or rather downing us not so much in putative
facts, but rather drowning us in philosophical excursions and a plethora of
twisted logical points, is an abusive rhetorical tactic that purveyors of
religion have been the most successful with.

We can handle it as "theory", or we can handle it just as a collection of
unfounded assertions, but the natural human inclination to weave collections
of things or events into patterns, seduces one into theory making --
eventually even among the most religious, because that's how the human mind
works. It is a shame to neglect that beautiful tool for organizing our
thoughts and dealing with them constructively. That tool is used against us
as well, so we should be adept at using it too. And finally, I am not afraid
to accept whatever conclusion comes out of all of this. Maybe they are
right... I trust the value of knowing whatever eventually makes sense to be
to my advantage -- that's the main thing!

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#63998 Dec 8, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is my friend, you have absolutely no proofs whatsoever for your claims, and science and evolutionists have tremendous evidences and proofs. You therefore live in a world of delusions

You believe in a world where magic is a viable commodity and demons are real. Of course it is all bullsh!t and provably wrong.

I live in a world with no demons, no spirits in the sky looking over my shoulder...where logic rules. I follow the Golden Rule and don't subscribe to the evil God of your Bible.

I have a realistic world-view, you are deluded
Just because how God does something isn't understood does not make it magic.
300 years ago air conditioning would have seemed like magic.
100 years ago man on the moon would have been science fiction and magic
60 years ago cell phones would have been impossible.
Just because we don't understand how it is done doesn't mean we won't ever.

Fort Worth, TX

#63999 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Moses did not set anything into law. They are god's laws and jesus said that you must follow them.

What do I want you to do about it? Nothing! You did as much as I could ask for. You said that your god's laws are brutal. I would add, they are evil. I don't waste my time hoping that you would admit that!
Oh so now you are saying God wrote the bible and Jesus edited it. Pfft I don't even believe that.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#64000 Dec 8, 2012
krissy wrote:
So, what says the thread about the upcoming Mayan End-O-Times Fiesta?
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish
The most disappointing thing about it is that there is no way to make money by betting against it, since none of the believers are willing to bet they are right, because they figure they will never be able to collect. Therefore I can't get any takers.:-(

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#64001 Dec 8, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
Just because how God does something isn't understood does not make it magic.
300 years ago air conditioning would have seemed like magic.
Did people ever claim that there was a giant invisible air conditioner that judged and punished us?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#64002 Dec 8, 2012
I have seen evidence that ocean water was once over the hills of Kentucky. The man that showed it to me is a world renowned agate expert, but what he found wasn't an agate and it could only have came from the ocean.

Fort Worth, TX

#64003 Dec 8, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>krissy wrote:
So, what says the thread about the upcoming Mayan End-O-Times Fiesta?

The most disappointing thing about it is that there is no way to make money by betting against it, since none of the believers are willing to bet they are right, because they figure they will never be able to collect. Therefore I can't get any takers.:-(
I think the poor man who was writing that calendar just got bored and stopped

Fort Worth, TX

#64004 Dec 8, 2012
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>Did people ever claim that there was a giant invisible air conditioner that judged and punished us?
Try again at the point and come back when your stupid isn't showing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop 3 Keep 2 }of the words in a sentence{ 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9
A six word game (Dec '08) 15 min Junket 17,620
What's That Word Mean To You????????????????????? (Jan '13) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,592
Ebola in America 20 min Spirit67_ 1
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 21 min NotaGoth 1,282
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 22 min NotaGoth 137,774
Only Three Letter Words - Alphabetically (Jul '11) 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,678
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 35 min Mister_ E 6,371
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min Mister_ E 147,643
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min Mister_ E 21,357
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 hr SLY WEST 376
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 9 hr NOM s Waffle House 9

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE