Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,781 - 59,800 of 113,184 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong I was using second hand info from something I heard years ago I'm sorry.
Rats! Bat Foy is not a creatard. A creatard believes he is right no matter what evidence is given to him.

I am so disappointed. Now we can't tease him mercilessly.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit-ler was Catholic.
So Catholicism is not Christian??

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Rats! Bat Foy is not a creatard. A creatard believes he is right no matter what evidence is given to him.

I am so disappointed. Now we can't tease him mercilessly.
I still believe in the bible and God so tease at will.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong I was using second hand info from something I heard years ago I'm sorry.
No worries my friend

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a different guy from the real Einstein only for those who can't see through a typo or two....:-)
Gee, I never make typos...:-)

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>So Catholicism is not Christian??
Catholics are Christian however you can be a born catholic or a convert. My wife's grandmother is a born catholic but goes to a baptist church and still calls herself catholic. It odd like the difference between national Jew and religious Jew almost. I don't do religion as it follows the organization of a church denomination. I belong to no church I just follow the teaching of Christ.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, nope, too late. Besides, it isn't Christians that I can't stand, it is liars and hypocrites. So far you have failed at being either one of those.

Can't you try a little harder?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you will find people here unkind to your beliefs. I can't speak for everyone, but I would not tease you for what you believe.

I save that for those who are petulantly and aggressively, ignorant and try to foist their beliefs onto others as if they were the only true and factual basis for describing the world. At the same time they ridicule others and sling mud on what they believe, accept or support.

As I have said before, I was raised a Christian in a Southern Baptist church. But I have doubts, questions, and my beliefs no longer include a literal view of the Bible, if they every really did. I am a scientist and I accept the facts of evolution as described and explained by the theory of evolution. This does not go against a belief in a supreme being. As to those who do not believe in God or any god, I have found that they are more than likely to be highly intelligent, open minded, and genuinely good people to know. While at the same time I have found a large number of dyed in the wool Christians to be ignorant of many things including their own religion, very intolerant, aggressive, angry and alarmingly hateful. That they do not see the dichotomy of their own actions cast against the background of Christian values remains a further source of confusion for me.

So, if you are really here to learn and speak your mind, I support that and hope I have enough integrity not to malign your for it.

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, nope, too late. Besides, it isn't Christians that I can't stand, it is liars and hypocrites. So far you have failed at being either one of those.

I guess I could try but nobody has respect for a liar.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, nope, too late. Besides, it isn't Christians that I can't stand, it is liars and hypocrites. So far you have failed at being either one of those.
Much better done than my long winded response that follows yours. Tongue in cheek is often the best way to go.

I agree with you about hating liars and hypocrites. Shredding them is a game the whole thread can play.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be a poe.
I must be too dense to figure it out, but what is poe?

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are Christian however you can be a born catholic or a convert. My wife's grandmother is a born catholic but goes to a baptist church and still calls herself catholic. It odd like the difference between national Jew and religious Jew almost. I don't do religion as it follows the organization of a church denomination. I belong to no church I just follow the teaching of Christ.
For years now I have considered the Catholic Church a tool of evil in the world.

If I did believe in the Christian God and such, I would think the CC was guided by Satan

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you will find people here unkind to your beliefs. I can't speak for everyone, but I would not tease you for what you believe.

I save that for those who are petulantly and aggressively, ignorant and try to foist their beliefs onto others as if they were the only true and factual basis for describing the world. At the same time they ridicule others and sling mud on what they believe, accept or support.

As I have said before, I was raised a Christian in a Southern Baptist church. But I have doubts, questions, and my beliefs no longer include a literal view of the Bible, if they every really did. I am a scientist and I accept the facts of evolution as described and explained by the theory of evolution. This does not go against a belief in a supreme being. As to those who do not believe in God or any god, I have found that they are more than likely to be highly intelligent, open minded, and genuinely good people to know. While at the same time I have found a large number of dyed in the wool Christians to be ignorant of many things including their own religion, very intolerant, aggressive, angry and alarmingly hateful. That they do not see the dichotomy of their own actions cast against the background of Christian values remains a further source of confusion for me.

So, if you are really here to learn and speak your mind, I support that and hope I have enough integrity not to malign your for it.
I no longer follow a denomination of religion I was Nazarene. However I found that Jesus doesn't jive with the modern American churches. American churches think bigger is better more more more. Jesus taught different when the crowds would get thick he would say crazy stuff like "sell everything you have and follow me". Jesus was humble and he cared for people I want to be like that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I must be too dense to figure it out, but what is poe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe 's_law

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the Bible is inerrant and completely true, or will you concede that much of the stories are mythical; such as the Exodus and the Adam and Eve story??

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Aah yes. That rant of Maz. I was trying to lead her up to the question about whether Archaeopteryx had hollow bones, it did by the way< and she went off on one of her Fruit Loops rants.
Of course she denied Archaeopteryx having hollow bones since according to her it is a dinosaur, and that's all.
Transitional species make for fun debates with creatards. Just let them pick which species that the animal "definitely" is and let the fun begin.
Oh so you want to keep playing with yourself do you?????????? You don't care that you look a fool you want to keep flashing headlines do you??????

"Modern birds—or avian dinosaurs—share a different set of traits, such as hollow bones and rapid growth, than those exhibited by their prehistoric predecessors."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Some wankers think that because a modern bird was refered to as also being an avian dino, that the above passage is saying that arch had hollow bones like modern birds. It doesn't. It is speaking to the traits that modern bird have that their ancestors/predecessors like arch DID NOT have, you fool.

I say you are the fruit loop. It's not rocket science to understand, you idiot. Your rant is despite my posting another article that also suggests arch has the same growth rate as dinos, NOT birds, also spoken to in the article in question. You suck Subby!

'The unexpected histology of Archaeopteryx and other basalmost birds is actually consistent with retention of the phylogenetically earlier paravian dinosaur condition when size is considered. The first birds were simply feathered dinosaurs with respect to growth and energetic physiology. The evolution of the novel pattern in modern forms occurred later in the group's history.'

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

Arch did not have hollow bones and the above articles both speak to modern birds having a different set of traits to its ancestors that being hollow bones, rapid growth rate, and I can add a reversed hallux and fixed thigh bone, modern bird furcula.

Suck it up Subby you and Kitten were WRONG and obviously cannot engage both reading and comprehension skills at the same time.

I am going to chase you and that other boofhead down seeing as you are prepared to continue a lie and put all your dignity and credibility on the line and f.cuk with me, and not eat your humble pie I am going to never ever ever let you live this one down, until you admit you are a moron.

Wipe the egg off your face Subby!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Maz, I see you ignored the three other links that I provided that show your interpretation of that sentence is wrong. All of them clearly stated that Archaeotperyx had hollow bones.

Go on, look for yourself.

Loon.

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that the Bible is inerrant and completely true, or will you concede that much of the stories are mythical; such as the Exodus and the Adam and Eve story??
This will undoubtedly have you thinking me stupid but I do believe God made man from dirt woman from a rib so on and so on.
I also believe the earth is billions of years old dinosaurs walked the earth. I have read most of the links papers and posts you guys have posted and while I find it interesting it just doesn't paint a complete picture there are holes in it.
I bet you can agree their are holes if their weren't people wouldn't still be studying it. They would say we know all their is to know about this and stop.
As far as exodus being a myth I read a paper today on the subject and the claim to have some writings from the Egyptians about Hebrew servants being buried with high ranking Egyptian officials

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Maz, there is a reason why you cannot claim that any of your articles can ever be claimed to support creationism. And it has to do with the nature of scientific evidence.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Maz, there is a reason why you cannot claim that any of your articles can ever be claimed to support creationism. And it has to do with the nature of scientific evidence.
Oh I can do better than that. I can claim that idiot evos are handing me creationist evidence on a silver platter then inventing hand waves to sticky tape your theories together.
Are you going to suck eggs or what? Dinosaurs DO NOT have hollow bones you evotard.

Arch is NOT an intermediate because it displays only theropod traits and NO unique modern bird traits and is bolstered by mirepresentation. Your whale evidence is also a fraudulent misrepresentation. Nothing I could present could be worse than the instability and rubbish you have to present.

That is what the data demonstrates and I think that means that your evolutionary research, as sick as this may sound, supports creationism, and your invented scenarios support TOE.

Indeed my 6 points still stand and you have convoluted misrepresentation to support TOE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min wichita-rick 141,628
How to become Unbannable 5 min -Kevin- 114
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min -Kevin- 15,670
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 36 min wichita-rick 6,985
Message to Obama 1 hr Bill 747
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 1 hr Cyan in CA 25,293
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Cyan in CA 23,801
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 2 hr SLY WEST 1,671
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Adrian DeVine 28,370
•••
•••