Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,661 - 59,680 of 114,412 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I must say that creation is being taught and has been for centuries in the local church of your choice. To move it to the public school system would put government in charge of religious teaching. Do you really want that? It would also open table to the teaching of creation theories from any religion out there including those you or others won't agree with.

I was taught evolution in school and it was never presented as the correct alternative to "my parents religious beliefs." In fact, my parents accepted evolution and still were Christians but apparently not very good Baptists.
No I do not want schools teaching creation. However saying its is a theory and leaving it at that doesn't teach it just shows it to be there.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Maz, there are countless articles that affirm that Arcaheopteryx had hollow bones. Here's one:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Birds are dinosaurs.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, another Idiot for Jesus is spamming the board.
Why is it illegal to teach creationism in school? Because it is only religious hokum. And people like Inde prove that claim every day.
Sooo...you like Eisntien? He's always been one of my favorites too!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't disagree totally and I am in no way saying we shouldn't teach evolution nor am I saying don't teach creation.
When you have kids grade school to jr high who have been raised with parents who believe the creation story. Than a teacher tells them "no you your parents and anyone else who believes in creation is stupid we evolved" the kid is going to break one side or the other and it can drive a rift between parent and child or child to teacher. Rifts of mistrust can kill a relationship.
It's too bad the archaic, pitch fork and torch carrying witchlike types haven't figured out-that mid-eVILE type of barbaric animalistic thoughtlessness--went out with the dark ages--and theoretically creationism AND evolution--CAN and DO exist, for MANY-- cohesively!!(as many Scientists who were known to be quite religious, as well as scientific, in the past, would verify in agreement).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They should not say the parents are "stupid". They should say the parents are wrong.
What do you send your children to school for in the first place? For an education of course. Now if a parent is illiterate and cannot speak proper English does that mean you don't teach the child how to write and speak properly? Or do you simply say "We wouldn't want to drive a rift between Johnny and his parents so we are keeping him out of English class"?
It is a teacher's JOB to correct students. Part of the reason we participate in this debate is that we can show that Evolution happened. Evolution is the right answer.
No, it is not.

It is teachers jobs to teach the SECULAR subjects. It is parents jobs to teach WHATEVER FAITH they choose to instill in ther children, and there is nothing WRONG with that (as long as it is NOT harming OTHERS)!!!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
alteration of time? LOL
Too hard a concept to grasp?

And really--it's SOOOOO simple!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. And you think everything in our history books are true?
Faith should not be confused with history...or science.

SEE: EISTIEN.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Maz, you obviously could not see that the next question was going to be "Did Archy have hollow bones?" And he did.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that Einstein believed in a god at all like yours?

He definitely did not.

At the most he believed in a god that set the universe going and that is all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a "linked" genetic trait, I forgot the technical term. It's linked to one that causes a resistance to something which is abundant in Africa, but rare elsewhere, So it's a bit more complicated than that, but as I said, our cultures are starting to see the mix as "beautiful" so people who have the mixed skin coloring tend to find mates more often. It started with people of one skin coloring finding those of the other more attractive, funny how society likes to deny it's lusts.
The difference between mere animalistic behavior, and civilized society.

Civilized people can control themselves by litening to a little thing called conscience. Animals often can't.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
It's too bad the archaic, pitch fork and torch carrying witchlike types haven't figured out-that mid-eVILE type of barbaric animalistic thoughtlessness--went out with the dark ages--and theoretically creationism AND evolution--CAN and DO exist, for MANY-- cohesively!!(as many Scientists who were known to be quite religious, as well as scientific, in the past, would verify in agreement).
By the way, no one, except for a few creatards here, is arguing that the theory of evolution disproves the existence of god. There are many Christians, Jews, and even Muslims that believe the theory of evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
Civilized people can control themselves by litening to a little thing called conscience. Animals often can't.
Once again, why do you think that animals don't have a conscience? They have a different conscience than you do, though a lot of your reactions had to be taught to you also.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
Faith should not be confused with history...or science.
SEE: EISTIEN.
Eistien?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Cali
Cali, Colombia?

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't disagree totally and I am in no way saying we shouldn't teach evolution nor am I saying don't teach creation.
When you have kids grade school to jr high who have been raised with parents who believe the creation story. Than a teacher tells them "no you your parents and anyone else who believes in creation is stupid we evolved" the kid is going to break one side or the other and it can drive a rift between parent and child or child to teacher. Rifts of mistrust can kill a relationship.
Unfortunately there are teachers with no sensitivity. Most are much better than that, and they just say here we are studying the theory of evolution, the way science understands it. It won't hurt to know what others think, even if you end up with a different opinion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MazHere wrote:
Remember Subby
1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome likely to be functional. This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...
2. Creationists predictions are vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect ‘a different’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...
3. Fossil evidence that is more in line with creationism then TOE. The Genesis account was the oldest account published that suggests the alignment of the fossil record from plant s to creatures of the sea, then land animals and lastly mankind. Evos were not the first to come up with this line up. Whales and birds are the only ones that evos have out of biblical alignment . Surprise, surprise they have been having trouble with these two ever since. Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...
4. Beneficial mutations have an overwhelmingly negative effect due to epistasis. All the recent data supports this. Clearly this is evidence in support of creationism and an organisms inability to limitlessly adapt for billions of years. Evos have come up with many theoretical assumptions to explain this in evolutionary terms and why TOE is not falsified. Hence the data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
5. All data suggests the genome is deteriorating. Again this is creationist support demonstrating that adaptation is limited. Again evos have to toddle off and come up with some story and convoluted hypothesis as to why a deteriorating genome does not falsify TOE. The data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE.
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...
6. Evolutionary supports are derived from arbitrary and pick a box morphological and genomic homology that changes like the wind and biased algorithmic magic that is no better than any algorithmic magic a creationists can provide. This is supported by an evolutionary history of falsifications, instability and change.
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...
None of the above links are to creationist sites. Many of the above links are to the actual peer reviewed work.
Conclusion: Creationist views are supported by research data. Evolutionary views are supported by excuses, hubris, rhetoric and pure speculation.
Hence challenging my interpretation of the data only requires evos to hand wave the data away and turn it into an evolutionary consundrum. I can accept the data above for what it is whist you invent hand waving scenarios.
Actually all of those articles support the theory of evolution. They do not support creationism in any way.

Don't you know the baby Jebus cries when you lie?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
They can't? That's news to the other animals:

http://desmoines.whotv.com/news/news/66311-ap...
http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2009/08/28/nat...

Even bats will help out their needy. So, you were lying what?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
So, who the heck is Eisntien???

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>There are many Christians, Jews, and even Muslims that believe the theory of evolution.
How could they not believe in evolution?

I mean the Bible itself puts dinosaurs co-habitating with man during the same period of time - kinda' like the Flinstones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

197 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
And Another 'one' bits the Dust! 7 min Emerald 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min CrunchyBacon 18,072
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 12 min inbred Genius 102
I call this the COMPLAINT thread (Jul '13) 12 min honeymylove 112
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mega Monster 5,938
What's your tip for the day? 18 min Mega Monster 502
Weird sea critters invade West Coast beaches 22 min -Lea- 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,864
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Mister_ E 143,813