Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,982)

Showing posts 59,621 - 59,640 of111,837
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't calculate fish just pi I can make pi a circle but not a triangle :(
fish = 153

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
oh that's right. Did you think giraffes lived in desserts? Before humans inhabited and trashed this land, there were abundance of grass. It's why we still have horses and cows and other herbivores alive today. LOL!
You do not know much about Africa, do you?

You don't know much about what they eat, right?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am entitled to my own opinions and I will interpret it any way I want. The theory of evolution is a product of both logic and imagination. The only way TOE would make sense to me is that looking backwards can help us look forward. All theories that scientists conjured up would probably help us understand how a species WILL evolve through genetic manipulation. But that's just me. ;P
You can think whatever you want. If you want to think that two plus two is five that is okay with me.

Of course you would be wrong.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>If someone believed the Earth was flat because they had a book with a talking chicken in it would you give them much respect?

Faith is just another word for gullibility. You may think that you improved due to the Bible, but it was really your own work that made you improve.

We laugh at you because you do believe in something as foolish as believing that the Earth is flat because a chicken said so. There have been many scientists who have believed in creationism in the past. None of them have been able to find evidence for creation. Seriously, don't you think there were some scientists that have tried in the past? Even today various creation "institutions" will hire scientists who are willing to prostitute their learning and openly lie about "evidence" against evolution. They work on the false dichotomy of evidence against evolution being evolution for creation. Of course that is not the case. And even worse for them, their so called evidence is usually paper thin.

So go ahead and believe in Jesus, if you want to you can go ahead and believe the Old Testament fairy tales. Just remember the talking chicken.
I like chicken goes good in PI 3.14159265359.

I would take you at your word sir I really would if I hadn't experienced what I have. I have more reason to keep my faith than you can bring evidence for me not to. This doesn't help you because faith isn't the same for everyone. My personal experience is my reason for faith.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Go talk to a farmer and ask what happens when we don't dust our crops.
If you don't dust your crops you have to take out the big vacuum cleaner to keep them tidy.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am entitled to my own opinions and I will interpret it any way I want.
Yep. Just like my janitor, the guy who washes my car , as well as my gardener
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is a product of both logic and imagination.
Wrong. You are ignorant
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way TOE would make sense to me is that looking backwards can help us look forward. All theories that scientists conjured up would probably help us understand how a species WILL evolve through genetic manipulation. But that's just me. ;P
Then, please.

Explain to me this:

Why are the dinosaurs dead? Where are they now? And how old is the earth?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you clearly did not know that cells do not reproduce sexually.
If it wasn't made clear to you by Madrone, you still probably would think they do
I did say reply with "assexually" as a joke but of course you missed that on purpose.

Because you got not sense of humor. Watch comedy central.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

*NO sense of humor

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch a documentary
I've watched MANY documentaries including extinct animals in NGC and HIST channels.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can think whatever you want. If you want to think that two plus two is five that is okay with me.
Of course you would be wrong.
Math is a different story.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Just like my janitor, the guy who washes my car , as well as my gardener
<quoted text>
Wrong. You are ignorant
<quoted text>
Then, please.
Explain to me this:
Why are the dinosaurs dead? Where are they now? And how old is the earth?
First of all, if you're going to give me crap about social status then FU. I don't believe in social constructs in this sorry ass society. You are the most ignorant person in this forum. And I hope you find someone who will wipe your ass when you start going senile.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Got your point. Without Faith on the part of Faraday, there would be no electricity, talk of having light for switching on and off( bulb or globe).
Faraday, amazing fellow. Very pious too. I don't see where his religious faith had anything particular to do with his scientific work. Lots of excellent scientific work is done with great doubts all along the way. Doesn't need faith to keep experimenting, if only to show that, nope, it can't be done that way at all. Whereas according to the bible, I understand you are not supposed to "test" God.

So everyday faith and religious Faith are two different animals. What's the point of saying "Faith" is necessary, and then pretending that there is an analogy to everyday (lower-case) "faith" which is merely a statistical measure of confidence.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is our children see what we do and they imitate us. Not always 100% of the time but they do. My kids will know about God and already pray and seek him out. My son wants to be a mechanic because I was my daughter wants to be an accountant because my wife is. They both want to have 2 kids and go to college because my wife and I did. I understand that life may get in the way of their dreams an goals but they follow me as I lead them.
Good luck to them, I hope they realise their dreams. It's good to see kids having an aim. Havimg said that, as a kid I always said I would be an accountant, as my father was one. Once I became an adult, I realised it was the last thing on earth that I wanted to be!

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Would human DNA evolve slower due to our technology and our ability to change our environment since the day man made fire we have changed the world to suite us?
Some people think that we have effectively slowed down our evolution. With modern medicine being as effective and widespread as it is, people who would otherwise have died now survive long enough to pass on their genes.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you believe in the constitution offering freedom to believe as you wish or not to what would you say to this quote.
"What must the United States do to rid ourselves of this blight (creationism) on humanity?"
Which is the post that I replied to begin with.
It is one thing for an individual, or individuals to have a personal faith about the beginning of the world. I don't happen to agree with it for it flies in the face of scientific methodolgy to try to prove its message. I see no problem for christianity in parts of the bible being wrong/inaccurate, given its origins. As an historian, I certainly do not see it as a history book, it is a book of faith.

It is a totally different matter to take creationism into schools as if it was an established scientific fact. Creationists suggest it is a perfectly viable alternative to evolution and should be taught in science classrooms. It is not. It is a religious-based interpretation, not one based on correct scientific methodology. At the heart of it is the conclusion to which facts are ignored or manipulated to prove God did it. You cannot prove faith, you either believe it or you do not. No one can prove the existence of a deity, nor the lack of one. The only possible place it might have in the classroom would be in a religious education lesson, not in a science one.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Whoops, sorry, double post - no doubt topix will sort it in due course.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
Faraday, amazing fellow. Very pious too. I don't see where his religious faith had anything particular to do with his scientific work. Lots of excellent scientific work is done with great doubts all along the way. Doesn't need faith to keep experimenting, if only to show that, nope, it can't be done that way at all. Whereas according to the bible, I understand you are not supposed to "test" God.
So everyday faith and religious Faith are two different animals. What's the point of saying "Faith" is necessary, and then pretending that there is an analogy to everyday (lower-case) "faith" which is merely a statistical measure of confidence.
You are not getting me. Faith is/ are not solely centred on religion, it embraces all areas of life. It was faith that led Faraday to discover electricity.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
All people who are faith zealots really have one thing in common..... the sign of something that's outlived its purpose.
I attended a two day seminar with Malidoma Some, from Upper Volta (Burkina Faso) who grew up with dual traditions, Jesuit and witch doctor. He convinced us of how we have an innate attraction to ritual, and it does have a good side, in that it facilitates community building, and can bring a sense of piece if done gently.

Sure, ritual can be a potent force for evil, but for good as well if kept in balance. I would not be too hasty to deprecate it's value.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say reply with "assexually" as a joke but of course you missed that on purpose.
Which, in itself, is about as funny as a bag of pigs
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you got not sense of humor. Watch comedy central.
I watch John Stewart and Colbert on there.

Otherwise, it's Brit comedy - they are the masters

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I've watched MANY documentaries including extinct animals in NGC and HIST channels.
Then why the ignorance of giraffes?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,621 - 59,640 of111,837
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

217 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colorado Man Offers President Obama Pot 3 min Catholic League of Duncey 18
Message to Obama 5 min current crisis 499
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Princess Hey 140,359
Should Topx sue Trolls 6 min _Word Woman_ 16
"Keep Three ~ Drop Two 14 min Hidden Nikki 90
The Lid's off: Judge Accused of Lying About Fight 20 min SLACK 9
Word Association (Jun '10) 22 min curiouslu 25,804
Bizarre sexting case in Virginia may have you r... 41 min Marley 3
What is the meaning of life? 1 hr SLACK 34