Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,979)

Showing posts 59,561 - 59,580 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the theory of evolution is intertwined with so many different sciences you are saying all science is wrong. Especially is you use Kent Hovind's definitions of evolution. For Kent Hovind to be right almost every scientist on the Earth would have to be wrong. And all that Hovind has backing him is a dusty old book. No science, no testing, nothing. When you come out with your grandiose statements against evolution others, who understand the relationship between evolution and other sciences see it as an attack on all science in general.
I am pleased to see that you incorporate evolution as a theory. It will always be a theory because we don't have the fossil evidence to prove otherwise. Creation is the only adaption as to why we are even here. However, it takes humility to accept a creator.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the theory of evolution is intertwined with so many different sciences you are saying all science is wrong. Especially is you use Kent Hovind's definitions of evolution. For Kent Hovind to be right almost every scientist on the Earth would have to be wrong. And all that Hovind has backing him is a dusty old book. No science, no testing, nothing. When you come out with your grandiose statements against evolution others, who understand the relationship between evolution and other sciences see it as an attack on all science in general.
I'm not a YEC. I don't worship Hovind like how you evos worship Darwin.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>The combination of natural selection and random mutation causes our DNA to change. You are probably focusing too much on individual animals rather than on the populations of animals. In any population you will have a range of traits. Let's take the giraffe example. Any population of giraffes will have a range of neck lengths among other traits. If a change in climate occurs and lower level brush gets scarce the taller, higher reaching giraffes can do better and will have more successful young. The shorter giraffes do not reproduce as well. Sooner or later the average height is higher. During all of this time random mutation has been going on so in each generation there are going to be changes that increase the heights of those individuals. Some of these height changes will be better than others, there are always side effects to change, and again the better changes will out produce when it comes to raising young.
Random variation and natural selection is a very powerful and simple tool for change.
Then why do giraffes bend over to eat grass? The shorter ones will survive just as well. And where did giraffes evolve from?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! where did you get that theory about giraffes? Darwin from the 1800? LOL.
How does our DNA change? You have an explanation? or sleepiness is your excuse?
No, the sleep thing was a joke. You need a clue as well as an education and intelligence.

What theory? We have the fossils, it's in stone actually.

You still don't even know how and why DNA changes, you have a ton of studying to do. Well, here's the basics, the DNA is a LOT of chemicals bound together in chains. These very long chains are tiny, they get bunched up into chromosomes. Copying chains that long in chemical processes, the way our cells work, will lead to inevitable "mistakes," quotes because they are not detrimental, most times. These mistakes account for variations in cosmetic appearances between the offspring and parent, such as hair color, eye color, etc., and somethings a new physiological trait or loss of one. The organism passes these changes on if it survives, then the real test of the new traits begin, if the population becomes more successful because of the trait, since the successful organisms will be more likely to breed that trait will quickly become more common. But you won't see the trait most times, it may just be a small bump on the shoulder, or a single cell change in the eye, or a new mucus membrane over a sensitive organ ... but it's there, there's always something different, always something new. If it proves detrimental, the organism(s) die(s) before the trait spreads to most of the population. There, over simplified, but genetics 101.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pleased to see that you incorporate evolution as a theory. It will always be a theory because we don't have the fossil evidence to prove otherwise. Creation is the only adaption as to why we are even here. However, it takes humility to accept a creator.
Another sad creationist who does not understand what the word theory means.

The theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution much as the theory of gravity explains the fact of gravity.

We have more than enough evidence to know that evolution is a fact. Creation is a bedtime story written by bronze age sheep herders. It was not written by God.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are awfully close to it. And we don't "worship" Darwin. We appreciate how he explained a difficult idea so clearly. If you don't like the theory of evolution attack the science of it. When we attack the "science" that Hovind uses it is easy to see that he has no real science backing his views.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Another sad creationist who does not understand what the word theory means.
The theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution much as the theory of gravity explains the fact of gravity.
We have more than enough evidence to know that evolution is a fact. Creation is a bedtime story written by bronze age sheep herders. It was not written by God.
Where did you get your conscience? The ability to choose? You give credit to an unknown theory or purpose. Try to fathom a rolex watch emerging from stone dust to exactness of time. You are a fool. It's inexcusable to deny creation.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do giraffes bend over to eat grass? The shorter ones will survive just as well. And where did giraffes evolve from?
Grass is not always available. What will the short ones do then?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't evolve. 3500 years ago it was written that creatures were created according to THEIR kinds. Give me an indication from writings of old to say otherwise? You were created a beautiful baby, yet you deny all and everything.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you pull out the exact same fallacies he does, almost word for word, oh wait, it's Eric Hovind doing the talking mostly now, because senior got in trouble.

Also, you are a YEC, stop pretending otherwise, you liars are really just annoying now, because there are so many of you christian freaks trying to pretend to be non-creationist morons then pulling out the creatard canards and fallacies already addressed by people a million times. Your own inability to learn betrays your lie.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the sleep thing was a joke. You need a clue as well as an education and intelligence.
What theory? We have the fossils, it's in stone actually.
You still don't even know how and why DNA changes, you have a ton of studying to do. Well, here's the basics, the DNA is a LOT of chemicals bound together in chains. These very long chains are tiny, they get bunched up into chromosomes. Copying chains that long in chemical processes, the way our cells work, will lead to inevitable "mistakes," quotes because they are not detrimental, most times. These mistakes account for variations in cosmetic appearances between the offspring and parent, such as hair color, eye color, etc., and somethings a new physiological trait or loss of one. The organism passes these changes on if it survives, then the real test of the new traits begin, if the population becomes more successful because of the trait, since the successful organisms will be more likely to breed that trait will quickly become more common. But you won't see the trait most times, it may just be a small bump on the shoulder, or a single cell change in the eye, or a new mucus membrane over a sensitive organ ... but it's there, there's always something different, always something new. If it proves detrimental, the organism(s) die(s) before the trait spreads to most of the population. There, over simplified, but genetics 101.
I've taken Bio, Chem, Physics, Physiology, etc....so your explanation is rather mediocre.

I'm asking how does DNA of one species change into another. Since evo scientists claim that we evolved from other species. Wouldn't genetics have an explanation to this? Similarities in DNA or chromosome count doesn't account for evidence for TOE. I'd rather believe in the science of spiderman. LOL.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They did. There are two distinct species we discovered branching, one eventually became the giraffe, the other a large rodent, the anteater is what we call it a lot. It found a more abundant food source, insects that live and eat the grass, what little grass is around that region.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Grass is not always available. What will the short ones do then?
oh that's right. Did you think giraffes lived in desserts? Before humans inhabited and trashed this land, there were abundance of grass. It's why we still have horses and cows and other herbivores alive today. LOL!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Gah, wrong animal ... antilocapridae was the short one. The anteater was a different branch, something to do with monotremes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your conscience? The ability to choose? You give credit to an unknown theory or purpose. Try to fathom a rolex watch emerging from stone dust to exactness of time. You are a fool. It's inexcusable to deny creation.
no, the watchmaker story has been debunked hundreds of times over. Our conscious evolved along with us. Other animals also have a conscious, why do you think we are unique in having one?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
oh that's right. Did you think giraffes lived in desserts? Before humans inhabited and trashed this land, there were abundance of grass. It's why we still have horses and cows and other herbivores alive today. LOL!
What?

Okay, you are clearly uneducated or a really bad liar about not being a creatard. The grassland vanished because of continental drift, a phenomenon that takes millions of years to cause a drastic climate difference, plenty of time for animals to evolve to be more suited to the new environments, such as growing long neck to eat leaves in the relatively untouched trees, or developing bipedalism allowing for the use of tools more efficiently, or smaller bodies so less food is required. All gradual changes, all recorded in the fossil and genetic record. Humans didn't make the land into a desert, the sun did, being closer to a huge ball of fire will do that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taken Bio, Chem, Physics, Physiology, etc....so your explanation is rather mediocre.
I'm asking how does DNA of one species change into another. Since evo scientists claim that we evolved from other species. Wouldn't genetics have an explanation to this? Similarities in DNA or chromosome count doesn't account for evidence for TOE. I'd rather believe in the science of spiderman. LOL.
You may have taken those classes but it is sad to see that you did not learn what evidence is.

Similarities in DNA is evidence for evolution. It is an undeniable fact by anyone who understands evidence.

And one more point on giraffes. If the environment changed again so that grass was constantly available the extra energy required to grow a long neck would be detrimental and short giraffes would evolve again.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you pull out the exact same fallacies he does, almost word for word, oh wait, it's Eric Hovind doing the talking mostly now, because senior got in trouble.
Also, you are a YEC, stop pretending otherwise, you liars are really just annoying now, because there are so many of you christian freaks trying to pretend to be non-creationist morons then pulling out the creatard canards and fallacies already addressed by people a million times. Your own inability to learn betrays your lie.
I am what I am and not what you think I am. what fallacies am I pulling out here? You are the one pulling out ad homs on your every post!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
... and now we see this canard for the billionth time. Can't you morons ever learn? Anything? Anything at all that's actually ... oh I don't know, real?

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I'm not sure how to word this question but ill give it a shot.
How does nature select 2 species to breed? Just guessing here but if say species A can evolve into an infinite amount of other species would there ever be a point they could all have produced a alphabet soup?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,561 - 59,580 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••