Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Sep 12

United States

#63699 Dec 6, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda like Key lime...
I love science they made the sleep number bed which is the whole reason I even talk to you evos....... My bed evolved from a spring mattress to sleep number....lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#63700 Dec 6, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I believe God made man from dirt like the bible says. I would like to understand evolution though why they think the way they do. If they want to know about faith and the bible and aren't just going to call me stupid when I answer they are more than welcome to ask. I do believe things adapt to environment and such so they can survive but a dinosaur giving birth to a chicken not so much. I do find the whole thing fascinating.
If someone believed the Earth was flat because they had a book with a talking chicken in it would you give them much respect?

Faith is just another word for gullibility. You may think that you improved due to the Bible, but it was really your own work that made you improve.

We laugh at you because you do believe in something as foolish as believing that the Earth is flat because a chicken said so. There have been many scientists who have believed in creationism in the past. None of them have been able to find evidence for creation. Seriously, don't you think there were some scientists that have tried in the past? Even today various creation "institutions" will hire scientists who are willing to prostitute their learning and openly lie about "evidence" against evolution. They work on the false dichotomy of evidence against evolution being evolution for creation. Of course that is not the case. And even worse for them, their so called evidence is usually paper thin.

So go ahead and believe in Jesus, if you want to you can go ahead and believe the Old Testament fairy tales. Just remember the talking chicken.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#63701 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse REAL SCIENCE with EVOLUTION. That site doesn't have anything about evolution, or missing links, or fossil records. Or did I not look hard enough?
I posted this to Maz, but she didn't respond.

If you want to talk science, answer these:

1) You believe in gravity, right? Tell us, in a single sentence, why the Earth does not pull the Earth towards it? How is the moon able to stay in the sky?

2) When digging for dinosaurs, why do I have to go down into deeper strata to find them? Why will I not find a dinosaur in the same strata than say, a lion, elephant or oryx?

3) When we radiometrically test the strata, why do we get more severe decay the deeper we do down?

4) GPS has allowed us to confirm that the continents are moving - at about 1-2 inches per year. Africa and South America's coast lines has a matching geologic profile - that implies that they were together at one stage in time. At the current rate of motion, the continents would have split up 97 million years ago. Do you have any other explanation that fit the facts?

5) Also by using the wonders of GPS technology, we measure that Everest is getting higher every year. Please, give a brief explanation of why

6) Take distilled water, put it into the microwave for about 5 minutes and add a spoonful of sugar. What would happen?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#63702 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We gave you plenty of evidence. You are just incapable of interpreting it.
I am entitled to my own opinions and I will interpret it any way I want. The theory of evolution is a product of both logic and imagination. The only way TOE would make sense to me is that looking backwards can help us look forward. All theories that scientists conjured up would probably help us understand how a species WILL evolve through genetic manipulation. But that's just me. ;P

Level 5

#63703 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Except someone proved you wrong. I never claimed ANYTHING whether cells reproduce sexually or not. You're too slow when it comes to humor.
<quoted text>
No, you clearly did not know that cells do not reproduce sexually.

If it wasn't made clear to you by Madrone, you still probably would think they do

Level 5

#63704 Dec 6, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And will until Jesus comes back.
<quoted text>
1 - Jewmagic
2 - Jewmagic
3 - Jewmagic
4 - Jewmagic
5 - Jewmagic
6 - Jewmagic
Satisfied?
LOL! Brilliant

Level 5

#63705 Dec 6, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Pesticides are probably the dumbest thing we have over done.
Really?

Go talk to a farmer and ask what happens when we don't dust our crops.

Level 5

#63706 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do giraffes bend over to eat grass? The shorter ones will survive just as well. And where did giraffes evolve from?
Watch a documentary

Level 5

above and beyond

#63707 Dec 6, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't calculate fish just pi I can make pi a circle but not a triangle :(
fish = 153

Level 5

#63708 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
oh that's right. Did you think giraffes lived in desserts? Before humans inhabited and trashed this land, there were abundance of grass. It's why we still have horses and cows and other herbivores alive today. LOL!
You do not know much about Africa, do you?

You don't know much about what they eat, right?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#63709 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am entitled to my own opinions and I will interpret it any way I want. The theory of evolution is a product of both logic and imagination. The only way TOE would make sense to me is that looking backwards can help us look forward. All theories that scientists conjured up would probably help us understand how a species WILL evolve through genetic manipulation. But that's just me. ;P
You can think whatever you want. If you want to think that two plus two is five that is okay with me.

Of course you would be wrong.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#63710 Dec 6, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>If someone believed the Earth was flat because they had a book with a talking chicken in it would you give them much respect?

Faith is just another word for gullibility. You may think that you improved due to the Bible, but it was really your own work that made you improve.

We laugh at you because you do believe in something as foolish as believing that the Earth is flat because a chicken said so. There have been many scientists who have believed in creationism in the past. None of them have been able to find evidence for creation. Seriously, don't you think there were some scientists that have tried in the past? Even today various creation "institutions" will hire scientists who are willing to prostitute their learning and openly lie about "evidence" against evolution. They work on the false dichotomy of evidence against evolution being evolution for creation. Of course that is not the case. And even worse for them, their so called evidence is usually paper thin.

So go ahead and believe in Jesus, if you want to you can go ahead and believe the Old Testament fairy tales. Just remember the talking chicken.
I like chicken goes good in PI 3.14159265359.

I would take you at your word sir I really would if I hadn't experienced what I have. I have more reason to keep my faith than you can bring evidence for me not to. This doesn't help you because faith isn't the same for everyone. My personal experience is my reason for faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#63711 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Go talk to a farmer and ask what happens when we don't dust our crops.
If you don't dust your crops you have to take out the big vacuum cleaner to keep them tidy.

Level 5

#63712 Dec 6, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am entitled to my own opinions and I will interpret it any way I want.
Yep. Just like my janitor, the guy who washes my car , as well as my gardener
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is a product of both logic and imagination.
Wrong. You are ignorant
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way TOE would make sense to me is that looking backwards can help us look forward. All theories that scientists conjured up would probably help us understand how a species WILL evolve through genetic manipulation. But that's just me. ;P
Then, please.

Explain to me this:

Why are the dinosaurs dead? Where are they now? And how old is the earth?

Level 5

above and beyond

#63713 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you clearly did not know that cells do not reproduce sexually.
If it wasn't made clear to you by Madrone, you still probably would think they do
I did say reply with "assexually" as a joke but of course you missed that on purpose.

Because you got not sense of humor. Watch comedy central.

Level 5

above and beyond

#63714 Dec 6, 2012
*NO sense of humor

Level 5

above and beyond

#63715 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch a documentary
I've watched MANY documentaries including extinct animals in NGC and HIST channels.

Level 5

above and beyond

#63716 Dec 6, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can think whatever you want. If you want to think that two plus two is five that is okay with me.
Of course you would be wrong.
Math is a different story.

Level 5

above and beyond

#63717 Dec 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Just like my janitor, the guy who washes my car , as well as my gardener
<quoted text>
Wrong. You are ignorant
<quoted text>
Then, please.
Explain to me this:
Why are the dinosaurs dead? Where are they now? And how old is the earth?
First of all, if you're going to give me crap about social status then FU. I don't believe in social constructs in this sorry ass society. You are the most ignorant person in this forum. And I hope you find someone who will wipe your ass when you start going senile.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#63718 Dec 7, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Got your point. Without Faith on the part of Faraday, there would be no electricity, talk of having light for switching on and off( bulb or globe).
Faraday, amazing fellow. Very pious too. I don't see where his religious faith had anything particular to do with his scientific work. Lots of excellent scientific work is done with great doubts all along the way. Doesn't need faith to keep experimenting, if only to show that, nope, it can't be done that way at all. Whereas according to the bible, I understand you are not supposed to "test" God.

So everyday faith and religious Faith are two different animals. What's the point of saying "Faith" is necessary, and then pretending that there is an analogy to everyday (lower-case) "faith" which is merely a statistical measure of confidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min SLY WEST 147,636
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 1 hr SLY WEST 42
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 1 hr -Lea- 2,659
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 1 hr SLY WEST 835
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 376
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 2 hr Crazy Jae 1,418
Offbeat Happy Thread (Aug '12) 2 hr CJ Rocker 161
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 9