Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,975)

Showing posts 59,481 - 59,500 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

The Dude wrote:
While Jewmagic DOESN'T work. You were saying something about "logic"?
You mean "Greekmagic"? Works for me Dude!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you believe in the constitution offering freedom to believe as you wish or not to what would you say to this quote.
"What must the United States do to rid ourselves of this blight (creationism) on humanity?"
Which is the post that I replied to begin with.
It's an apt an succinct quote, if it is about the school system where religious practices do not belong, and having the student sit there repeating "god dun it" a million times is both religious and sadistic, as well as one of your many forms of indoctrination.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told that I would have to ask a biogenesis this question.
I think you mean biochemist.
Bat Foy wrote:
How did life come from non- living matter?
"The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis"
And it doesn't. All evolution needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. In order to demonstrate otherwise you need to demonstrate that life is in fact NOT here.

That is why the theory is not dependent upon abiogenesis. It's the same reason why the theory of gravity is not dependent on the origin of mass and the germ theory of disease is not dependent on the origin of germs. All three theories work because they all deal with currently observable phenomena and make valid scientific predictions from them.

Abiogenesis is not a fully-fledged theory at the moment so is only at the stage of being a scientific hypothesis. But it's currently under research by numerous scientific institutions across the world, such as Harvard for example.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Of course all their work can be debunked just by singing one of Bo's lame puddle-goo songs.

:-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to burn the constitution read the whole post!!!
I did.

I didn't say you were one of those Christians.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>There you go, wash, rinse, repeat, just like a trained monkey.

So, what does your mythology say your god made life from? Here's a hint: It's not alive.
Here you go singing the same bs you all do "I don't know so ill call you stupid" just answer the question if you don't know don't reply I wasn't asking you. If I need a stupid answer ill ask you.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>A crime many creationists are guilty of...
I wasn't until recently. I'm sick of asking a question and the goo clucks clan here calls me stupid because I don't know but if they're so smart why not just give the answer.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you believe in the constitution offering freedom to believe as you wish or not to what would you say to this quote.
"What must the United States do to rid ourselves of this blight (creationism) on humanity?"
Nothing, of course. Cre(a)ti(o)nists should be free. But how about this:

"What must the United States do to rid ourselves of this blight (creationism) on teaching of science in the classrooms"

Easy. No Cults allowed, especially Idiot Cults like Christian Fundamentalism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
That us right the problem with your argument is the letter explaining it isn't in the constitution nor is the phrase separation of church and state.
Nope. But this is:
First Amendment of the US Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
And like I said, promoting or establishing any one religion over another *by definition* restricts the rights and free exercise of *every* other religion (or those of none) that do not receive the same benefits.

Hence "separation of church and state".
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution protects the rights of those to not believe and those who wish to.
That it does.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

PROFESSOR X wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ... but someones got to help him get back to reality. It's not an accident that Darwin's theory is defended more by books and movies of science-FICTION than the scientific evidence. Too bad many of these scientist hide behind their degrees and unproven press releases in order to create the illusion of being authoritative, meanwhile they are busy behind the scenes censoring any and all scientific evidence that challenges Darwin's theory from reaching the public. They are also censoring professors in universities from exposing any information to the public that threatens their little monkey fairy-tale.
The roles have been reversed. The atheist and evolutionist is today - what the Catholic Church was in the past. They hate scientific advance and would rather shut down public discussion before confronting evidence that proves that all life did not arise from one common ancestor.
That doesn't mean that the earth has to be 6000 year old. But isn't it amazing how humans were suppose to have evolved from Apes 3 million years ago, but there are organisms that are in rock strata dated over 300 million years old that are still ALIVE TODAY and they are unchanged? What's so special about us that it's necessary for evolutionists invent pseudo-science stories only fit for the Sci-Fi Channel?
Darwinism Destroyed by Geological Evidence & Anomalies
http://cross.tv/64437
Huh, what about thaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tuh.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's really all so simply theoretical. Like old tyme rock candy.

Merry CHRISTMAS :-).
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say education is the answer.

Keep in mind that unlike fundie atheists like Skippy the "Skeptic" (the type of person who Bohart thinks he can see everywhere) I do not consider Christians in general as automatic creationists. I also, despite my better judgement, still support the individual's right to believe in whatever cockameemee nonsense they like, such as YECism, UFO's, conspiracy theories, even Scientology. The First Amendment protects all, as long as none are forcing their beliefs onto others.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "Greekmagic"? Works for me Dude!
Well they sure know how to party!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, what about thaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tuh.
Yeah, shame fake Prof lied and couldn't back himself up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go singing the same bs you all do "I don't know so ill call you stupid" just answer the question if you don't know don't reply I wasn't asking you. If I need a stupid answer ill ask you.
Stop being stupid and people with active neurons will stop calling you stupid. You don't have to know things to be smart, you just have to be smart enough to know you don't know, and strong enough to admit it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, shame fake Prof lied and couldn't back himself up.
Always did say/think that the proverbial missing link lies somewhere in the "water ages" of this earth...and everything else just followed.

Derwin, like many others before--and STILL, just did NOT have the whole big picture.

Einstien has probably been the closest one...

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein on:

Religion and Science

http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/einstein/eins...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Because--

Now, even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other, nevertheless there exist between the two strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies. Though religion may be that which determines the goal, it has, nevertheless, learned from science, in the broadest sense, what means will contribute to the attainment of the goals it has set up. But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, ALL science is wrong because YOU personally don't understand it.
By the way, here's plenty:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
But then I DID warn you you turned up to the party a little late.(shrug)
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say ALL science is wrong. You just want to pretend that I don't understand anything about it. How much do you know about DNA that you are absolutely sure that changes in DNA led to evolution?

How do you explain a giraffe's long neck? Did it have to reach up that high to eat when it bends down to eat grass? That's just one example. I can go on and on and you wouldn't know the answer.
maybe

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Before you continue to dwell in this misguided belief please read this PDF.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Max_You...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop putting words in my mouth.
I didn't say ALL science is wrong. You just want to pretend that I don't understand anything about it. How much do you know about DNA that you are absolutely sure that changes in DNA led to evolution?
How do you explain a giraffe's long neck? Did it have to reach up that high to eat when it bends down to eat grass? That's just one example. I can go on and on and you wouldn't know the answer.
Wow, you make an veiled implication that you know something, then pull out an old canard, I mean a really old one ... no wait, there's two in there. Cant' count, a bit sleepy today.

Changes in the DNA IS evolution, good or bad, it's an evolutionary trait. A change in the DNA results in a difference in traits, basic genetics there.

Because shorter necked animals starved and didn't get a chance to breed. Please don't ever pull out this old one again, you will feel so stupid for doing it that you will curl up in a ball and just poke your fingers into your ears chanting "I know I'm right, I know I'm right" all night long, and this thread will grow a few more pages as a result.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,481 - 59,500 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

219 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 14,728
is wearing footed pajamas as a teen or adult w... (Feb '11) 4 min Ferrerman 37
Serious Question ... please take the time to co... 9 min night machine 20
Driver stops to help ducklings, gets $100 ticket 11 min Private Eye Daffy Duck 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Mister_ E 141,173
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 13 min SLACK 15,572
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min SLACK 34,916
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 37 min pandit 21
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 2 hr hot man 11
•••
•••