Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,481 - 59,500 of 113,165 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Because--

Now, even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other, nevertheless there exist between the two strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies. Though religion may be that which determines the goal, it has, nevertheless, learned from science, in the broadest sense, what means will contribute to the attainment of the goals it has set up. But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, ALL science is wrong because YOU personally don't understand it.
By the way, here's plenty:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
But then I DID warn you you turned up to the party a little late.(shrug)
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say ALL science is wrong. You just want to pretend that I don't understand anything about it. How much do you know about DNA that you are absolutely sure that changes in DNA led to evolution?

How do you explain a giraffe's long neck? Did it have to reach up that high to eat when it bends down to eat grass? That's just one example. I can go on and on and you wouldn't know the answer.
maybe

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Before you continue to dwell in this misguided belief please read this PDF.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Max_You...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say ALL science is wrong. You just want to pretend that I don't understand anything about it. How much do you know about DNA that you are absolutely sure that changes in DNA led to evolution?
How do you explain a giraffe's long neck? Did it have to reach up that high to eat when it bends down to eat grass? That's just one example. I can go on and on and you wouldn't know the answer.
Wow, you make an veiled implication that you know something, then pull out an old canard, I mean a really old one ... no wait, there's two in there. Cant' count, a bit sleepy today.

Changes in the DNA IS evolution, good or bad, it's an evolutionary trait. A change in the DNA results in a difference in traits, basic genetics there.

Because shorter necked animals starved and didn't get a chance to breed. Please don't ever pull out this old one again, you will feel so stupid for doing it that you will curl up in a ball and just poke your fingers into your ears chanting "I know I'm right, I know I'm right" all night long, and this thread will grow a few more pages as a result.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

maybe wrote:
Sell your snake oil elsewhere. This is not the home shopping network where you peddle your useless junk.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

maybe wrote:
Jesus's documented existance on this earth is just FINE--for SOME of us anyway!!:-)

Merry Christmas!!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Because--
Now, even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other, nevertheless there exist between the two strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies. Though religion may be that which determines the goal, it has, nevertheless, learned from science, in the broadest sense, what means will contribute to the attainment of the goals it has set up. But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Another word for moderate is enabler, the two are identical concepts. Why should we allow those with the delusions that some imaginary being talks to them and influences the physical world, which they believe because of it lacking any demonstrable evidence, suffer longer? They need treatment for their delusion.
Anonymous

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

On behalf of Britain I would like to appologise for UK sending all our crazy evangelists and wasps to USA centuries ago, now they're your problem, sorry, but I am happy that we don't have many left in britain now, the ones that werent burnt at the stake were expelled to America, that's where your problems with creos arise from, again sorry, but britain haa advanced muxh further after they went, its not a xoinxidence that the industrial revolution and enlightenment was born in britain right after we deported all our fundies to your god old USA, again sorry
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you make an veiled implication that you know something, then pull out an old canard, I mean a really old one ... no wait, there's two in there. Cant' count, a bit sleepy today.
Changes in the DNA IS evolution, good or bad, it's an evolutionary trait. A change in the DNA results in a difference in traits, basic genetics there.
Because shorter necked animals starved and didn't get a chance to breed. Please don't ever pull out this old one again, you will feel so stupid for doing it that you will curl up in a ball and just poke your fingers into your ears chanting "I know I'm right, I know I'm right" all night long, and this thread will grow a few more pages as a result.
In short and simply put--EVOLUTION has a lot do with environmental adaptation.

But LOTS of people already know THAT.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

straa wrote:
On behalf of Britain I would like to appologise for UK sending all our crazy evangelists and wasps to USA centuries ago, now they're your problem, sorry, but I am happy that we don't have many left in britain now, the ones that werent burnt at the stake were expelled to America, that's where your problems with creos arise from, again sorry, but britain haa advanced muxh further after they went, its not a xoinxidence that the industrial revolution and enlightenment was born in britain right after we deported all our fundies to your god old USA, again sorry
I'll marry you for a green card. I'll even do that thing, what's it called again? That, you know, thing couples generally do, I'll do that for you once a month too, I promise.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
In short and simply put--EVOLUTION has a lot do with environmental adaptation.
But LOTS of people already know THAT.
Tell the creationists, not us.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! where did you get that theory about giraffes? Darwin from the 1800? LOL.

How does our DNA change? You have an explanation? or sleepiness is your excuse?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the theory of evolution is intertwined with so many different sciences you are saying all science is wrong. Especially is you use Kent Hovind's definitions of evolution. For Kent Hovind to be right almost every scientist on the Earth would have to be wrong. And all that Hovind has backing him is a dusty old book. No science, no testing, nothing. When you come out with your grandiose statements against evolution others, who understand the relationship between evolution and other sciences see it as an attack on all science in general.
true

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I used to say that I no longer agree with myself... religion and science are mutually exclusive....
true

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

one can't be real and the other be real also...
true

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I believe in creationism and that i'm going to burn in hell...
true

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

save me...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! where did you get that theory about giraffes? Darwin from the 1800? LOL.
How does our DNA change? You have an explanation? or sleepiness is your excuse?
The combination of natural selection and random mutation causes our DNA to change. You are probably focusing too much on individual animals rather than on the populations of animals. In any population you will have a range of traits. Let's take the giraffe example. Any population of giraffes will have a range of neck lengths among other traits. If a change in climate occurs and lower level brush gets scarce the taller, higher reaching giraffes can do better and will have more successful young. The shorter giraffes do not reproduce as well. Sooner or later the average height is higher. During all of this time random mutation has been going on so in each generation there are going to be changes that increase the heights of those individuals. Some of these height changes will be better than others, there are always side effects to change, and again the better changes will out produce when it comes to raising young.

Random variation and natural selection is a very powerful and simple tool for change.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the theory of evolution is intertwined with so many different sciences you are saying all science is wrong. Especially is you use Kent Hovind's definitions of evolution. For Kent Hovind to be right almost every scientist on the Earth would have to be wrong. And all that Hovind has backing him is a dusty old book. No science, no testing, nothing. When you come out with your grandiose statements against evolution others, who understand the relationship between evolution and other sciences see it as an attack on all science in general.
I am pleased to see that you incorporate evolution as a theory. It will always be a theory because we don't have the fossil evidence to prove otherwise. Creation is the only adaption as to why we are even here. However, it takes humility to accept a creator.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a YEC. I don't worship Hovind like how you evos worship Darwin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

219 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Message to Obama 4 min beatlesinthebog 746
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min CJ Rocker 141,610
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Word Woman 15,542
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,980
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 1,667
Couple wants middle names to include 'Seamonster' 6 min Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 5
I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 7 min honeymylove 4,394
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 37 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,081
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 41 min Nobody 2 Special 28,364
•••
•••