Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,321 - 59,340 of 112,799 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be more coherent?
I guess not! Do you have a question?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Goo - goo - goo!
Yes, well you can regress to those years of diaper dilemmas if you must. Just stop preaching at us!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a form of faith in something even if it is faith in themselves. Evos have faith that the science behind evolution is correct. The theory of evolution wasn't the brain child of just one person. So you have to believe the people who have been finding the evidence took no short cuts or didn't miss anything. Science rejects the supernatural in all forms. So logic says it wouldn't matter if God came down in a blaze of glory science would deny it.
No. I don't have any faith in anything that cannot be demonstrated, being gullible is not a good trait. Science doesn't accept or deny anything, and until you can comprehend what science is then you are a lost cause and I will simply begin mocking you like I do the rest.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Mankind has dominion over ALL other creatures on earth because we were created that way.
Yet we need them, that's not being very high on the ladder. So long as we need all the other creatures on this Earth to survive, they hold the cards, we're just lucky they haven't evolved into inedible forms yet.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You need more faith in these screw ups you call evolutionaruy researchers than fat boy will ever need to have to believe in God.
You bow down to your evo reseachers and hold their hands through falsification after falsification and are still bowing. You evos are still wiping the egg off your faces from over 150 years of fraudulent claims for human knuckle walking ancestry that were falsified on the back of one single fossil, you numbnuts.
All the twoddle of having empirical evidence for junk dna that only a fool creo would not accept, is falsified. Now it is you evolutionists and all your gobble that have been proven to be the real misrepresentative idiots that rely on faith in these boofheads.
The above is a small demonstration that those that are atheist evolutionists and consider themselves 'not marginalized', have been proven to be boofheads many times. The theist evos can hold hands with the atheists seeing as they denounce the power of God and rely on the reasonings of man. They to now have egg on their faces.
Yours is a faith in mans reasonings and mans reasonings has been stumbling, changing and been falsified on a regular basis, whilst handing over data in support of creation to creos on a silver platter.
Knuckle walking is just bad speculation on the part of non-scientists and populist authors. Yes, some early anthropologists portrayed primitive humans as stooped and slack-jawed. It doesn't matter much because those images were from long ago.

Current techniques and representations are very much aware of the evidence that human ancestors developed bipedalism long before they developed their mental abilities.

Personally, I think it's those "made in God's image" folk who feel the need to consider intelligence to be the absolute line between humans and their animal ancestors. They tend to demand some cosmic event whereby we crossed over.

I hope nobody keeps any 1x4x9 proportioned monoliths they have discovered secret from us!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The human brain is intricate in its fashioning and it is associated with the timing and functioning and correlating of much of the great complexity of the body. We as humans are apart from other creatures and much of our refinements are related to our brain and hand coordination. We think and feel with our hands. The hands contribute to the mental processes of thought and feeling.
Gee! That sounds fancy!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Mankind has dominion over ALL other creatures on earth because we were created that way.
Until the fossil fuels run out, making our remaining reserves of metals and other materials of civilization unreachable or junkyard rust. Then we'll be lucky to find a good flint quarry where we can bang rocks together to make sharp things.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Re: Faith derives from proof
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Science rejects the supernatural in all forms. So logic says it wouldn't matter if God came down in a blaze of glory science would deny it.
Firstly science doesn't actually reject the supernatural. It really doesn't have any definition for the supernatural. It doesn't know when an event is supernatural or not. All it knows is that it is an event.

If God came down in a blaze of glory they wouldn't be out there denying that it happened, but they sure would be out there with there spectroscopes to understand more about it.

Science takes evidence and organizes it logically. Next thing we know we start calling it "natural" and drop the "super". What could be more supernatural than electricity or gravity, rainbows or lightning? If science rejected the existence of such things since they were once considered supernatural it would never have learned anything. All that kind of stuff is still as amazing as it ever was, but now we have a better measure of it.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

RE: faith derives from proof
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a form of faith in something even if it is faith in themselves.
You misrepresent what I am saying if you imply that my side is that faith doesn't happen at all. I hope that is not your intent. I merely say that in the every day sense faith, otherwise known as confidence, derives from proof or evidence.

The kind of faith that you are talking about seems, on the surface, to be an entirely different animal. Is it or is it not? And if it is a different concept, what is that difference? That's what I am trying to get at.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
RE: faith derives from proof
<quoted text>
You misrepresent what I am saying if you imply that my side is that faith doesn't happen at all. I hope that is not your intent. I merely say that in the every day sense faith, otherwise known as confidence, derives from proof or evidence.
The kind of faith that you are talking about seems, on the surface, to be an entirely different animal. Is it or is it not? And if it is a different concept, what is that difference? That's what I am trying to get at.
In the current twist of this thread, faith is just beating the bush for secrets to exploit, certainly not about looking for facts and understanding.

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>In the current twist of this thread, faith is just beating the bush for secrets to exploit, certainly not about looking for facts and understanding.
Do you mean that religious "faith" is expected to act as a key to open up the box of religious magic?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>All people are born with a sinful or disobedient nature that must be brought into subjection. We inherit the sins of our fathers, its just the way it is, but the good news is we can overcome through faith in God and what he has done on the cross.
Children do not inherit the sins of the father...says so in the buybull.

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No. I don't have any faith in anything that cannot be demonstrated, being gullible is not a good trait. Science doesn't accept or deny anything, and until you can comprehend what science is then you are a lost cause and I will simply begin mocking you like I do the rest.
Oh no not mockery! You found my only faith weakness.

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>Re: Faith derives from proof

Firstly science doesn't actually reject the supernatural. It really doesn't have any definition for the supernatural. It doesn't know when an event is supernatural or not. All it knows is that it is an event.

If God came down in a blaze of glory they wouldn't be out there denying that it happened, but they sure would be out there with there spectroscopes to understand more about it.

Science takes evidence and organizes it logically. Next thing we know we start calling it "natural" and drop the "super". What could be more supernatural than electricity or gravity, rainbows or lightning? If science rejected the existence of such things since they were once considered supernatural it would never have learned anything. All that kind of stuff is still as amazing as it ever was, but now we have a better measure of it.
Ok my mistake I was going based on a previous post made by another evo. See the faith of evo has fundies too how cute.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
No, I think that 200,000 years ago when modern man first made his appearance, the wild animals of Africa made mince-meat of humans. It took us a while to learn to make tools and weapons to defend ourselves. So we actually evolved in intelligence to overcome the tremendous advantage most animals had over us in terms of size and muscles.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

The first humans came from Atlantis, you all are wrong!

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Children do not inherit the sins of the father...says so in the buybull.
So kids who's parents are addicts aren't more likely to be also?
Kids of abusive parents aren't more likely to be abusive also?
The old saying you become your parents is never true?

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok my mistake I was going based on a previous post made by another evo. See the faith of evo has fundies too how cute.
No doubt there are a lot of over extended arguments for evolution. I agree it can get to be dogmatic and too defensive at times. That's human nature, but those should be deservedly shot down. It helps both sides of a discussion to have fallacious reasoning pushed off the table.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Cybele wrote:
The first humans came from Atlantis, you all are wrong!
I've heard that Atlantis was in Missouri..or was that something else?:-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

i suppose you could be an evolutionist by faith. It seems rather silly when the science is out there for anyone to see.

I do not work on faith. I usually work on expected outcomes based upon past results. Science has an amazingly successful history, religion, not so much.

Sciences results are extremely repeatable. If something is not highly repeatable it is highly suspect. Religion is happy with the very rare successful result.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••