Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,963)

Showing posts 59,241 - 59,260 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked about mammals specifically. ;)
Sorry, yes, as far as mammals go only bats fly. And thank you. You just reminded me of one more intermediate trait of archaeopteryx.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You can easily find the answer on google.
The core of computing is binary encoding. The premise is that each of the transistor switches is either on of off, represented by 1 or 0. Each bit is a BInary digiT.
Each of these switches is more-or-less useless on its own. However, you can arrange them in a sequence to get some logic.
Humans use hexadecimal representation as a form of shorthand for binary. That's a 16-base number system that goes from 0-9 then a-f, then rolls over from 0f to 10.
When you write a computer program, the compiler converts your code into opcode, a hex representation of the binary stream. The CPU interprets the opcodes and follows the program, manipulating bits in the accumulator section. In other words, it reads the binary code and uses that code to switch bits on and off in its "brain". The outgoing data is then sent to various locations in the computer, such as to the sound card, video card, hard disk, RAM, etc. You can do this by mapping each location to a virtual location in the computer. For example, you could set the address 0x2000 to be the sound card, and when you write the data 0x5e41 to 0x2000, the sound card will interpret that data and put out an analog signal to the speakers. You could also read the data at location 0x3000 to see what's on that location in the hard drive.
I know, I was asking you, not google, however did you actually understand what you plagiarised?

For example what is mean by setting address &h02000 as the sound card and why did I use &h0 instead of 0x

BTW hard drive address donít work in quite the same way, mainly because of the actual address space and they vary depending on the format, 0x3000 would be a bloody small hdd

And you have not answered my final question

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - lol
I only know of historical analogue computers but I imagine the technology is now available (or soon will be with adequate noise reduction) to take the analogue computer into the future. I suppose it would be a completely different concept of and usage of computing power.
The sheer power of such a machine, but yeah, the noise issue is one that has slowed it down considerably as well. Mostly it's that people who code, like me, have become comfortable with binary, it's easy and static so we don't have to worry about precision. Most people don't know enough about computers so they just shrug at the notion not even considering how much computing power such a thing would conceivably possess. If I had a lab for development I'd work on it myself, but alas, you need a bit more funding for hardware tech development than other sciences. I think that analogue computers are the next step, we've reached a ceiling in our digital tech and now we're just adding more processors to the machines instead of actually improving the processors. Oh, and we are improving the PCB layouts, using evolutionary algorithms, that's fun to watch in real time, the computers working out the best PCB layouts is a thing of poetry.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a liar, I have been through these two science mag articles with her before. It appears that she simply read the titles and had no clue about the content of the papers
In her defence the titles do suggest that they represent creation and itís not really here fault that she is to dim witted to understand that what she is posting actually goes towards proving here case to be incorrect
I notice she didn't respond to what I said about her faulty interpretation. Funny how that works.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The link is useless and does not identify what it has dated.
As I said the land form is over 290myo and numerous stories around the whale bones have been invented to save the evolutionary day.
This is the article abstrats of the link cited.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j....
We know that the tectonic setting of Indiana has remained relatively stable for the last 650 million years because the rocks are still relatively flat and undisturbed. The rocks do however change in thickness across the state. This is because they were deposited in low spots called basins and over high spots called arches . Indiana is bridged by an arch that stretches from the southeast corner of the state to the northwest corner. This arch is called the "Kankakee" arch and is a gentle bend or curve in the bedrock. This arch separates two basins located in the northeast and southwest portions of the state. These basins are round depressions or bowls in the bedrock that collected sediments as they were generated by marine animals or washed in from other sources. Within Indiana these two basins are called the Michigan and Illinois basins (see figure to the right).
The youngest bedrock formations that occur in Indiana are 290 million years old.
http://igs.indiana.edu/Bedrock/tectonic.cfm
I'm off for a couple days interstate with work. Catch you in a couple of days.
Yes, uneducated people will make up stories. Educated people look at the facts and can tell what is or is not a "story". And it is not the "landform" that is 290 million years old, it is the strata of rock that the whale bones, and once again I emphasize the word bones, were buried in. The were found in unconsolidated sandstone. That means that the "rock" could be dug with a shovel. And no, there is bedrock that is older than 290 million years in the lower peninsula and I am betting much older than that in the upper peninsula.

Where are you getting your "facts" Maz?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Oh crap, I almost forgot the very important trait that KittenKoder's post reminded me of( sorry to end a sentence with a preposition, hey wait, now I didn't!)

Maz, did Apatosaurus have hollow bones?

Do birds have hollow bones?

Can you guess the next question?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
No the problem is yours and the fact that you will not accept work from your very own reseachers.
There are no hard boundaries because many organisms share the same traits. That is why TOE relies on hand waving where it looks to similarity and ignores the differences, as I said.
Regardless of all this prattle, when it comes to birds I have modern bird footprints that predate arch so the discussion is mute.
I actually have evidence of modern birds dated to 212mya and arch had no reversed hallux and that my friend is another fact you can only deal with via your assumptive reasonings based on confusion.
See ya later!
And a lack of hard boundaries of course supports evolution. Too bad for you.

The lack of reverse hallux on Archy only shows that it was not what we would call a modern bird, but rather a "transitional form". Or are you that dense. If Archy had all bird features you would call it a modern bird as your cretinous allies have done for years. Now that it no longer has a reversed hallux it takes it out of birddom. Could you be more hypocritical?

I am sure that you will work on it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Oops, Maz ran away for the day again.

Has anyone else noticed that she posts several long prepared rants at the start of each stay? I am betting she writes up several posts and saves them and then visits a series of sites like this one.

The gal must be a serial masochist

It also explains why she does not like to drop sources. If she dropped sources as the got debunked on various websites she would not be able to use the same long posts on each site. That is why she ignores when one of her sites is debunked and when it gets trashed as her whale story did by Kong's article she has a conniption fit.

So right now Maz is spending her allotted time on some other website tormenting other believers in sanity and logic.

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Ask yourself this:

How can any intelligent being punish a person for doubting something that has no solid or demonstrable evidence?

When you know the answer to that, then you will know why we are all discarding even your god.
My God does not require people to have proof. He requires faith which is cool because I don't have proof but I have tons of faith.
Kitten we have talked long enough for you to realize you won't be changing my mind. I realize I won't be changing yours. Therefore I respect your position on this I wish you would do the same.

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Oops, Maz ran away for the day again.

Has anyone else noticed that she posts several long prepared rants at the start of each stay? I am betting she writes up several posts and saves them and then visits a series of sites like this one.

The gal must be a serial masochist

It also explains why she does not like to drop sources. If she dropped sources as the got debunked on various websites she would not be able to use the same long posts on each site. That is why she ignores when one of her sites is debunked and when it gets trashed as her whale story did by Kong's article she has a conniption fit.

So right now Maz is spending her allotted time on some other website tormenting other believers in sanity and logic.
Gotta give her some props though she doesn't talk about faith just data and theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My God does not require people to have proof. He requires faith which is cool because I don't have proof but I have tons of faith.
Kitten we have talked long enough for you to realize you won't be changing my mind. I realize I won't be changing yours. Therefore I respect your position on this I wish you would do the same.
Thus, your god is neither intelligent nor fair. That's what you are saying. As I said, no intelligent person would ever consider lack of belief in something without evidence to be a bad thing, ever, because it defies logic, and without logic it is not intelligent.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta give her some props though she doesn't talk about faith just data and theory.
Yes, but she gets all of her data and theory wrong and does not correct her errors. I think she cuts and pastes for several sites, as I said earlier, and acknowledging her many errors would hinder that process.

She does try though. It is rather pathetic after a while, but she does try.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
No the problem is yours and the fact that you will not accept work from your very own reseachers.
There are no hard boundaries because many organisms share the same traits. That is why TOE relies on hand waving where it looks to similarity and ignores the differences, as I said.
Regardless of all this prattle, when it comes to birds I have modern bird footprints that predate arch so the discussion is mute.
I actually have evidence of modern birds dated to 212mya and arch had no reversed hallux and that my friend is another fact you can only deal with via your assumptive reasonings based on confusion.
See ya later!
You have evidence of modern birds that predate Archaeopteryx? You better get that published.

Is this part of your avian ecology research program or part of your vertebrate paleontology research efforts?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is a computer can me made to talk about data and theory. It doesn't mean it knows anything about it. Which is current state of MazHere.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
That actually is probably how many believers feel. I am sure many have said it on here, but it bears repeating, evolution does not deal with the existence of a supreme being or a whole gang of them or none at all. It is a theory that describes have life has developed on the Earth. Most, if not all of the controversy is outside of science with folks that follow a strict literal interpretation of the Bible. Many people of different faiths have no trouble accepting the theory of evolution.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but she gets all of her data and theory wrong and does not correct her errors. I think she cuts and pastes for several sites, as I said earlier, and acknowledging her many errors would hinder that process.
She does try though. It is rather pathetic after a while, but she does try.
I am still looking for 290 million year old whales. What is the real story with that?

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

What was the topic again ?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am still looking for 290 million year old whales. What is the real story with that?
http://creationrevolution.com/2011/11/whale-f...

http://phys.org/news/2011-11-whales-fossil-bo...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have evidence of modern birds that predate Archaeopteryx? You better get that published.
Is this part of your avian ecology research program or part of your vertebrate paleontology research efforts?
She has one case of birdlike fossil footprints that significantly predate Archaeopteryx. She has bet the house on the reversed hallux. According to her it seems like she thinks that birds, and only birds have reversed halluxxeseseses, hallici? who speaks Latin around here? Oh, and of course, God dun it with magic.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Charles Darwin wrote:
I don't like the way this thread has evolved.
Tossing and turning, I guess?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,241 - 59,260 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

276 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Proud To Be Trina 14,809
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 7 min Ozzie 5,642
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 7 min Hey Its Emma 6,660
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 11 min Old Sam 3,965
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 14 min okimar 45,936
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 14 min Maverick 808 15,586
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 19 min Ozzie 6,964
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Mister_ E 141,204
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min Big dawg 34,930
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 38 min Marley 31
•••
•••