Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,181 - 59,200 of 113,029 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The delusion of the religious
Do you narrow it down even further to the particular sect of the religion you follow?
You will think “exactly” as I think or I will judge you immoral and you will go to hell?
Only Catholics will go to heaven
Only BACs will go to heaven
Only seventh day adventists will go to heaven
Etc…
If you chat a bit with Bat Foy it seems he was a major screwup before he "found God". That seemed to play a major role in his reform. I have a brother who went through the same thing. Some people need the crutch of the idea of something outside of themselves that will make everything okay. For them evolution is a threat. Since they put so much faith in their god it is an all or nothing situation. If they let one small crack into their belief system they fear the whole thing will tumble down and they will be back where they were before.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you chat a bit with Bat Foy it seems he was a major screwup before he "found God". That seemed to play a major role in his reform. I have a brother who went through the same thing. Some people need the crutch of the idea of something outside of themselves that will make everything okay. For them evolution is a threat. Since they put so much faith in their god it is an all or nothing situation. If they let one small crack into their belief system they fear the whole thing will tumble down and they will be back where they were before.
Ahh, I have chatted with him a few times and originally he was quite rational. Perhaps I should lighten up, I would not like to be responsible for his relapse.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
People like that tend to be marginalized, no matter their faith. The real question is whether or not they identify and accept the reasons why they become marginalized. In a few rare cases, the Church gives them a sanctuary and order, kind of like a spiritual boot camp, where they can mature to the point of self-reliance.

For the most part, they're addicts who are just trying out a new drug, and they'll pull everyone into their private nightmare if they let them. I suppose the question few people consider when regarding marginalized people is whether those people are pulling everyone else down, or is everyone else pushing them away because they think the marginalized will be a liability to their petty consumer ambitions?

Batfoy can't get pocket change for a fix by hanging out here. I think he's just practicing in advance for promoting himself in his religiously biased community.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Really ?
Fishing for something? I can be @nal-retentive when I want to be, too! Some information is free, but details cost you more than you've got.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Fishing for something? I can be @nal-retentive when I want to be, too! Some information is free, but details cost you more than you've got.
Goo - goo - goo!

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>The delusion of the religious

Do you narrow it down even further to the particular sect of the religion you follow?
You will think “exactly” as I think or I will judge you immoral and you will go to hell?

Only Catholics will go to heaven
Only BACs will go to heaven
Only seventh day adventists will go to heaven
EtcÂ…
I don't believe only Christians will make heaven. The bible says where their is no law their is no sin. When the bible talks about law it means the law of Moses which is the Ten Commandments.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the jack of all trades does better in an unpredictable crisis...and life on earth is just one damned thing after another!(or was that "history"?)
Evolution of evolveability...takin' it to another level.
I can go on days about this subject. My dream is to one day join an expidation into Egypt, to find a Spinosaurus.

I fell in love with dinosaurs at age 6. Twenty tears later, the love and passion is still there

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Drives have to be explained, not assumed. By natural selection, those with drives leading to survival action will do better than those without, and to the degree that such drives are heritable, they will become fixed.
When you say "no animal wants to die",(ignoring anybody who listened long enough to Joy Division, that is), you are already talking about the set of animals who happen to have the right drives!
Dodos had drives that no were no longer optimal when a new predator appeared. Sometimes a friendly "Gidday!" doesn't work, eh?
Hmmm. Interesting point.

I would argue that yes, they do have the drive to reproduce and survive, but lost the means to keep their numbers up. Mankind is a serious predator, but with man comes dogs, pigs, cats, disease... They just didn't have the ability.

Also take something like T-Rex - dominated the N.American landscape for a few million years. It's extinction is not due to drive, but inability to adapt - as food sources went bust, the T-Rex could not find enough nourishment to sustain a breeding population.

What say you?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
So... You also believe that cells reproduce sexually?
Tell me, what age did you leave school? Structure of the plant/animal cell is eighth or ninth grade biology
Where did I say that I cells reproduce sexually? where?

Sorry it's not my fault you are slow

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am following your logic here:
Do you know how the computer works? How do you turn electricity into an interactive display on your screen?
The computer uses binary codes, duh

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I can go on days about this subject. My dream is to one day join an expidation into Egypt, to find a Spinosaurus.
I fell in love with dinosaurs at age 6. Twenty tears later, the love and passion is still there
what is expidation?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter? That's an estimate. Do you trust the math in your car's speedometer when it tells you how fast you are going?
You can be reasonably sure that the circumference of the wheel is multiplied by the RPM measurement monitored somewhere in the automobile machinery, hopefully after the gearboxc. With genetics, you can assume that the rate of mutation has been observed for a DNA molecule of a known size, and the ratio of mutation for humans has been calculated based on the ratio between the measured sample and the measured size of human DNA.
In reality, we know that there are minutia, such as traction and tire wear that cause minor differences, as we'll find differences in mutation rate based on the chemical environment or exposure to radiation.
Just deal with it.
Can you be more coherent?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The English people and some other truthful people, knows that i am right. The tribes became English, do your research. They left mainland Europe in mass. English is a language first spoken in England.
I am English and I do not know you are right. If you look at old English, it is more similar to old German than it is to modern English. Like any living language, it has changed over the centuries. On arrival, the Angles and Saxons were speaking old German. This gradually mutated as elements of Scaninavian, and particularly French entered it with subsequent invasions. If you want to hear the descendant of the language spoken by the Britons before the Germanic invasion, you need to listen to Gaelic, Welsh and Cornish. That was the original language of these islands. England as a country does not comne into existence until the ninth century AD. History 101.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe only Christians will make heaven. The bible says where their is no law their is no sin. When the bible talks about law it means the law of Moses which is the Ten Commandments.
Interesting thought - given most religions subscribe to ideas similar to the ten commandments. So, if I read you correctly, you argue that good works are sufficient to gain entrance to heaven? Surely that runs counter to the doctrine of the church and especially of the evangelical wing? So why do so many try to use the threat of hell to frighten people into believing in Christ? Not being awkward, would like your view.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Stop lying and answer my questions.
What questions?

I am not lying because I can present evidence to suport my view and all you obviously can provide is evasion and questions.

Archeopteryx is not an intermediate anything because all it cited intermediate traits are actually theropod traits.

I have posted a link that shows speaks to it. That is the latest flavour of the month from your researchers. Would you like me to post it again?

Feathers are found on dinosaurs,TRex has a furcula and the dino furcula looks nothing like a bird wish bone.

None of you simpletons are even brave enough to comment on the FACTS above. Evasion is a key evo strategy.

What is intermediate? I see no intermediacy at all. I have demonstrated why arch is not intermediate and all you can do is gobble about your fictious posts that contain little more than babble.

As for whales. The fact is that the carbon dating on the bones gave inconsistent results possibly due to contamination. That is what the link said and what many references to these whale bones state. That is a fact. Researchers have no explantion as to how the whale bones got there. That is also a stated fact. Rising water levels and all sorts of things can throw dating off and if you were not such a boofhead you would know that. That is just one of the flaws in carbon dating.

The whale bones were found in a geological area dated to over 290mya. That is also a fact you have no and cannot refute. There are no dinosaur fosils in Michagan and evos suggest ice sheets stripped them away. Not that I'd expect you know anything like that. That is still a fact.

What's worse for evos is that you have a huge fraudulent misrepresentation that is presented to the public in your glossy whale evolution pictures. So you evos have NO evidence for your whale evolution theory other than fraudulent misrepresentation.

The facts have been supported by research and articles from your own evolutionists. If you deny them then state which ones you deny and I will repost the link and demonstrate what an ignorant boof you are. Yiu cannot escape the facts, one can only interpret them according to their underlying assumptions.

All you can do is be ignorant along with Subby and Kong, pose challenges and then run away.

Show me this mythical evidence of intermediacy in archeopteryx or shut up. God only knows how much you lot gobble on about it.

You are addressing one of my 6 points. You are not doing well.
Charles Darwin

Clarksburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I don't like the way this thread has evolved.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be more coherent?
Cybele does not do analogies.

He was saying that they have their ways of measuring rates of mutation. Of course actual rates may vary a bit from the laboratory results just like the measurement of speed that your speedometer gives you may not, in fact will not, be one hundred percent accurate.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realise that the idea of heaven is objectionable to some people? Some consider it a baseless threat just as some consider hell a baseless threat. Some consider it an idle waste of thought. Some consider it a myth and people who subscribe to that myth are somehow missing something. And some just think, here we go again, I have to suffer more christian dogma

Is it only 10? Or 67 or perhaps 613

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
What questions?
I am not lying because I can present evidence to suport my view and all you obviously can provide is evasion and questions.
Archeopteryx is not an intermediate anything because all it cited intermediate traits are actually theropod traits.
I have posted a link that shows speaks to it. That is the latest flavour of the month from your researchers. Would you like me to post it again?
Feathers are found on dinosaurs,TRex has a furcula and the dino furcula looks nothing like a bird wish bone.
None of you simpletons are even brave enough to comment on the FACTS above. Evasion is a key evo strategy.
What is intermediate? I see no intermediacy at all. I have demonstrated why arch is not intermediate and all you can do is gobble about your fictious posts that contain little more than babble.
As for whales. The fact is that the carbon dating on the bones gave inconsistent results possibly due to contamination. That is what the link said and what many references to these whale bones state. That is a fact. Researchers have no explantion as to how the whale bones got there. That is also a stated fact. Rising water levels and all sorts of things can throw dating off and if you were not such a boofhead you would know that. That is just one of the flaws in carbon dating.
The whale bones were found in a geological area dated to over 290mya. That is also a fact you have no and cannot refute. There are no dinosaur fosils in Michagan and evos suggest ice sheets stripped them away. Not that I'd expect you know anything like that. That is still a fact.
What's worse for evos is that you have a huge fraudulent misrepresentation that is presented to the public in your glossy whale evolution pictures. So you evos have NO evidence for your whale evolution theory other than fraudulent misrepresentation.
The facts have been supported by research and articles from your own evolutionists. If you deny them then state which ones you deny and I will repost the link and demonstrate what an ignorant boof you are. Yiu cannot escape the facts, one can only interpret them according to their underlying assumptions.
All you can do is be ignorant along with Subby and Kong, pose challenges and then run away.
Show me this mythical evidence of intermediacy in archeopteryx or shut up. God only knows how much you lot gobble on about it.
You are addressing one of my 6 points. You are not doing well.
Now you're lying. The whale bones were found in Holocene strata.

This has been made abundantly clear.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Maz said:
No, there are many traits that some therapods had but not necessarily all of them. But if birds came from therapods we would expect to see at least some therapods with these traits. For example hardly any therapods had wings. Most didn't. Wings ARE an avian trait. I don't know how many therapods had feathers, but archaeopteryx definitely had them. Feathers are an avian trait. Very few therapods flew. Archaeopteryx flew. Flying is an avian trait. And please don't cite the few nonflying birds. Over 99% of birds can fly so yes, flying is an avian trait.

Maz, it would help you if you took a basic logic course.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

149 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Word Woman- 15,516
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Nfreebird 76,918
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min honeymylove 141,590
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Nfreebird 16,613
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 9 min Nfreebird 6,247
30,000 post wins (May '13) 9 min Hatti_Hollerand 759
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 11 min Cyan in CA 28,780
Message to Obama 1 hr Ozzie 695
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 35,057