Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#63068 Dec 4, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus isn't the son of God and savior? The Bible isn't the literal word of God? There was no Adam and Eve? There was no Noah and a Worldwide flood with a boat full of stinky, tired, filthy animals and the creatures they brought along with them.
Is truth only relative when it is the truth you don't subscribe to?
Too bad for you evos that data suggests the species on earth had a single male and female common ancestor. The evidence for any cohorts has amazingly disappeared out of the genome.

Once again that is what even biased data indicates and evos have to evoke their evolutionary ASSUMPTION of cohorts to explain the data away.

The data supports a creationist paradigm. Hubris supports TOE.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#63069 Dec 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
The nation Israel was a man-made creation by the United Nations in 1948. You can post all you like that there was a Great Flood, sadly archaeology does not agree with you. There were a series of flods in a variety of areas. They do not tie together, indeed some are separated by over 1,000 years. If you want to take the bible as a literal work, these are the sort of problems that arise. As a book of faith, no difficulty, but as a book of facts, no chance.
Oh! so, you mean the people were also created in 1948.
Listen, Israel as a nation has been in existence for the past millennium. It was the Romans that destroyed the nation, and renamed it Palestine.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#63070 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
See the difference between hubris and supporting an assertion.
1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome likely to be functional. This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...
2. Creationists predictions are vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect ‘a different’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...
3. Fossil evidence that is more in line with creationism then TOE. The Genesis account was the oldest account published that suggests the alignment of the fossil record from plant s to creatures of the sea, then land animals and lastly mankind. Evos were not the first to come up with this line up. Whales and birds are the only ones that evos have out of biblical alignment.
Surprise, surprise they have been having trouble with these two ever since. Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...
4. Beneficial mutations have an overwhelmingly negative effect due to epistasis. All the recent data supports this. Clearly this is evidence in support of creationism and an organisms inability to limitlessly adapt for billions of years. Evos have come up with many theoretical assumptions to explain this in evolutionary terms and why TOE is not falsified. Hence the data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE. The data supports creationism and the woffley excuses hypothesised supports TOE.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
5. All data suggests the genome is deteriorating. Again this is a creationist support demonstrating that adaptation is limited. Again evos have to toddle off and come up with some story and convoluted hypothesis as to why a deteriorating genome does not falsify TOE. The data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE.
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...
6. Evolutionary supports are derived from arbitrary and pick a box morphological and genomic homology that changes like the wind and biased algorithmic magic that is no better than any algorithmic magic a creationist can provide. This is supported by an evolutionary history of falsifications, instability and change.
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...
None of the above links are to creationist sites, Some speak to published data. Many of the above links are to the actual peer reviewed work.
Conclusion: Creationist views are supported by research data. Evolutionary views are supported by the hubris needed to explain the data.
Dan, I think TOE should be excluded from science streams and put in with philosophies. TOE is a philosophy of faith that is suppported by misrepresentation and hubris.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63071 Dec 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better tell that to Einstein, so he knows his theory of relativity doesn't hold water. After all, he did not have faith.
Faith is not limited to religion. It is all embracing. God welcomes and accepts good things.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#63072 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not that my siz points are accompanied by research to support my view.
You and evo researchers are as blind a rock and about as clever. There is no concern on my part about what the footprints look like.
It is your reseachers that have to scratch around like a gaggle of geese and poof them into something that saves your bird paradigm from falsification, again.
You have offered your opinion which amounts to hubris.
Your reserchers are more confused than ever they were and everything I have spoken to demonstrtes it from the deteriorating genome, to their crap about junk dna, to their changing of definitions to suit the data, to TOE's misrepresentation of genomic and fossil evidence.
Evolutionists remain gobsmacked as their flavours of the month turn to rot.
Noted it, I have gone out of my way to show how you mischaracterize the use of these references.

It is always amusing to be judge stupid by a complete moron. You have me laughing again.

Bird paradigm? This is part of your misuse of the references. You have never gone into detail about how and what would result if these turn out to be truly the footprints of modern-like birds. You have gagged on a length about how it will destroy the theory of evolution, but with no substance to support that.

No, I have clearly called you out for your missuse of a few selected articles that do not do what you claim they do. I don't really need to offer supporting papers to do that.

You have offered your opinion, which amounts to brain damaged nonsense.

Yours is a typical trick used to overwhelm a solid position. Make a great deal of noise about nothing and misdirect the argument away from the main points. You aren't doing anything new or original. It was easy to catch and now you are flopping around trying to get back into the water so you can swim away.

No, all you have demonstrated is that you have become aware, probably through some organization that feeds you your opinion, about some possibly interesting data at the cutting edge of research. In doing so, you have demonstrated your piss poor understanding of science, the theory of evolution and even how to read and interepret your own references.

Now, declare victory and move along.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#63073 Dec 4, 2012
You're changing the goalposts, Charles. We were talking about *English*, not "Modern English".
*English* includes *Old English*.
To answer the question of where *English* originated, you have to answer the question of where *Old English* originated.
That's the question you keep avoiding, Charles. That's why you keep moving the goalposts.
Charles Idemi wrote:
No. You are the one not getting the clue, are we speaking old English today or modern English?
The question isn't relevant.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Old English was started by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes
When?

Tampa, FL

#63074 Dec 4, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The fall of mankind when the first man disobeyed our Creator
What "Creator" was that?

Tampa, FL

#63075 Dec 4, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Our Creator has the power to create a new universe and earth where their are no flaws and death
So why not simply do that to begin with?

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#63076 Dec 4, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is this?
I really will give credit to you all. I don't know how you can debate with someone like this. I would find bashing my head into a brick wall to be more enjoyable.
I know what you mean.

Evolutionists are so clever they can't distinguish between data and hubris. Creos need the patience of a saint to deal with them.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#63077 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, I think TOE should be excluded from science streams and put in with philosophies. TOE is a philosophy of faith that is suppported by misrepresentation and hubris.
The theory of evolution is a scientific theory supported by 150 years of carefully reviewed, research. Every attempt to refute it has been met with failure. It is the basis of modern biology.

You can think anything you want. It is clear you don't mind being completely wrong about a subject.

You are using a tried and tired technique of taking the newest, least understood scientific findings and without review, understanding or care, calling them the club that will bring the whole theory down. On top of that you don't even understand that, that is what you are doing. Or worse, you don't care.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63078 Dec 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, a fact that is untrue is not a fact, it is a fiction. Not too hot on what the word fact actually means, are you?
fact
[fakt]
noun
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
Law.. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
Copied and pasted from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact just to hepl you out.
A simple one:
It is a fact that if you don't read and study, you might fail. But in reality or truth that can never be true, because you might get assistance from friends or colleagues, to reverse the failure to progress.
Hence the difference.

Tampa, FL

#63079 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Why are the people of England alone, are called the English?
Because they are from England.

It has nothing to do with the language they speak.

Guess what you call a person who can't speak English but who was born in England and who uses British Sign Language?

You call them "English".

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#63080 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
See the difference between hubris and supporting an assertion (etc, etc...)
Repeating this discredited nonsense makes it no more convincing.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63081 Dec 4, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You better reread what you posted, because it comes off sounding like the bedding of coal is a faith-based phenomenon.
By the way, I don't really think faith is required in the way that you describe it and there are different kinds of faith. I think you are casting a pretty wide net and trying to include them all with religious faith.
I know, I know. Deaf ears. But I try.
No. Faith cut accross all areas, not only in religion.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#63082 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad for you evos that data suggests the species on earth had a single male and female common ancestor. The evidence for any cohorts has amazingly disappeared out of the genome.
Once again that is what even biased data indicates and evos have to evoke their evolutionary ASSUMPTION of cohorts to explain the data away.
The data supports a creationist paradigm. Hubris supports TOE.
How is it that you determine bias in scientific data? What are your qualifications? I am interested to know how you have come to your conclusions.

I know that scientists have traced the human lineage back to a "mitochondrial Eve" that lived 200,000 years ago and a y-chromosome Adam that lived 140,000 years ago. Is this what you are talking about? Do you even know what you are talking about.

Before you start cackling and go off into one of your rants about hubris and then declare victory, I would appreciate some answers to my questions.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#63083 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean.
Evolutionists are so clever they can't distinguish between data and hubris. Creos need the patience of a saint to deal with them.
And the rest of us here, need the patience of a mental health worker to deal with you and yours.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#63084 Dec 4, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean.
I bet you will not answer my questions, that is what I bet. Even if you do, you won't be direct. You will dance around and try to turn it into something.

Show me some courage and answer my questions directly and to the point.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#63085 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. Faith cut accross all areas, not only in religion.
So you are saying that the sharpening of a pencil is an act of faith. It is the same faith that is required for the belief in a god.

You don't find this idea strange or somehow devaluing faith in the Christian God for instance?

I don't think sharpening a pencil requires faith. There may be an expectation, but I don't see faith as necessary to the process.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63086 Dec 4, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
You're changing the goalposts, Charles. We were talking about *English*, not "Modern English".
*English* includes *Old English*.
To answer the question of where *English* originated, you have to answer the question of where *Old English* originated.
That's the question you keep avoiding, Charles. That's why you keep moving the goalposts.
<quoted text>
The question isn't relevant.
<quoted text>
When?
You are fighting a lost battle.
In the history of football or soccer, the old football is never taken seriously, except the modern one.
The same with English language, it is the modern English we are speaking today and not any old English.
Modern English is native to England, despite the many other influences from other languages.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#63087 Dec 4, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Noted it, I have gone out of my way to show how you mischaracterize the use of these references.
It is always amusing to be judge stupid by a complete moron. You have me laughing again.
Bird paradigm? This is part of your misuse of the references. You have never gone into detail about how and what would result if these turn out to be truly the footprints of modern-like birds. You have gagged on a length about how it will destroy the theory of evolution, but with no substance to support that.
No, I have clearly called you out for your missuse of a few selected articles that do not do what you claim they do. I don't really need to offer supporting papers to do that.
You have offered your opinion, which amounts to brain damaged nonsense.
Yours is a typical trick used to overwhelm a solid position. Make a great deal of noise about nothing and misdirect the argument away from the main points. You aren't doing anything new or original. It was easy to catch and now you are flopping around trying to get back into the water so you can swim away.
No, all you have demonstrated is that you have become aware, probably through some organization that feeds you your opinion, about some possibly interesting data at the cutting edge of research. In doing so, you have demonstrated your piss poor understanding of science, the theory of evolution and even how to read and interepret your own references.
Now, declare victory and move along.
You have gone our of your way to evade me. Your piss poor understanding of science is demonstrated by your inability to research and post supportive data. "MazHere is wrong" is about the calibre of your scientific base.

These idiots of yours have been wrong in consolidation. Consolidation of opinion in the evolutionary world only means they have all been proven to be biased idiots many times over. You are the blind fools that follow them.

You can be seen flopping around because I can supply links to the data that supports my view that also speak to the hubris used to hand wave it away.

You can provide 'quack quack'. Eg a bif flurryover whales and then birds and now you evos can't even identify these so called intermediate traits you gobble on about because arch's traits are all theropod including the wish bone that looks just like a theropods and nothing like a birds. You idiots! Evade that!

I have had challenges re bird and whales recently and that is all. It has taken weeks for even one of you silly evos to even mount a response worth replying to.

One goose posted an irrelevant link to research that does not even identify a reversed hallux but some theropod displaying digits with you and Subby still chasing your tail over birds. Also some goose that posted a link that I use that shows inconclusive whale bone dating.

So basically you have gone no where. I have evidence that is plain to see. Evolutionists need to present convoluted hubris to hand wave their own data away.

Nothing I present could be worse than over 150 years of change and falsifications.eg human knuckle walking ancestry, single celled LUCA, junk dan, the gradual size increase within horse ancestry, hippos morphologically closer to pigs contradicted by dna, functionless organs etc etc etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 min Bree_Z 311
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 5 min 40ish 1,791
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Bree_Z 3,007
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,372
EPA Presses for Smoke-free Fires 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 14 min beatlesinafog 4,033
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 18 min Harrison Freebird 1,561
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 23 min DILF 74
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 25 min beatlesinafog 30,061
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 56 min Bree_Z 1,128
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr _hellbilly_ 152,773
More from around the web