Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
58,921 - 58,940 of 114,872 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is just a fraction of the biblical stories. The nation, Israel still exist today, that is one evidence, there was a great flood around that area, and many more.
The nation Israel was a man-made creation by the United Nations in 1948. You can post all you like that there was a Great Flood, sadly archaeology does not agree with you. There were a series of flods in a variety of areas. They do not tie together, indeed some are separated by over 1,000 years. If you want to take the bible as a literal work, these are the sort of problems that arise. As a book of faith, no difficulty, but as a book of facts, no chance.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
No fact or reality, without the application of faith.
Better tell that to Einstein, so he knows his theory of relativity doesn't hold water. After all, he did not have faith.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A fact can be truth or false, but a truth can be a fact and that fact is an established truth.
Um, a fact that is untrue is not a fact, it is a fiction. Not too hot on what the word fact actually means, are you?

fact
[fakt]

noun
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.

Law.. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.

Copied and pasted from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact just to hepl you out.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok subduction zone & smithville, let me s p e l l i t o u t a l i t t l e slower for you so that you can understand.
Evolution by definition is going from simple to complex thru hereditary traits.
Evolution states that thru the course of time and natural selection a simple cell (precursor cell)'evolved' to have characteristics that provided and advantage of survival thru the generations and these characteristics are passed on to the next generation.
Do you understand the above?
Do you agree with it? If you dont then you have a serious problem with the theory of evolution because this is the textbook explanation and key foundation of how evolution has yielded everything.
Lets stop there and see if you understand evolution 101.
If you dont please provide references that state this is not evolution.
What are your qualifications? What is your point with what you have posted above? The execution of your post is so muddied with your unwarranted arrogance, it is unintelligible. Why don't you stop and give it a think. When you have a reasonable, rational point come back and we can tell what it wrong with it.

Obviously, you need further schooling but we don't have time to pull you up into the basics.

Deep breath, relax, try again.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, a fact that is untrue is not a fact, it is a fiction. Not too hot on what the word fact actually means, are you?
fact
[fakt]
noun
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
Law.. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
Copied and pasted from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact just to hepl you out.
Yes but when truth is relative and not really absolute...

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. Humans through the application of faith, are able to use coal for moving train, tarring roads, and burning fuels, etc. Think!
You better reread what you posted, because it comes off sounding like the bedding of coal is a faith-based phenomenon.

By the way, I don't really think faith is required in the way that you describe it and there are different kinds of faith. I think you are casting a pretty wide net and trying to include them all with religious faith.

I know, I know. Deaf ears. But I try.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you are stupid in Montana, you may not be stupid in New York? You may have something going for you after all.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, belief is relative, truth is absolute. In spite of the phrase, there is no such thing as a half-truth: it is either true or it isn't.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Kong stopped replying to me when I showed him how silly his research link was. That of course in no way detracted from the fact that there are perfectly clear modern bird footprints dated to 212mya that evos have to go into confusion to realign with their flawed paradigm.
So in your unbiased, expert opinion, those footprints are of modern birds made 212 mya. Do you have any further insight on this to further illuminate this issue? No? I thought not.

1. The origin and creation of these footprints are still under scrutiny and nothing conclusive has yet been found.

2. There is excitement about such finds, but no confusion.

3. Scientist are hardly shocked when new evidence comes along to adjust and fine tune the timelines associated with the evolutionary development of life on Earth.

4. Whether these findings fit the findings of noted avian biologist and paleontologist Dr. MazHere or not, they will not change the theory of evolution.

This is what you call a drowning man reaching for any straw that floats by to save himself. In this case the drowning man is MazHere and the anti-evolution creationists.

I suspect most people stop repsonding to you because doing so becomes pointless to them after awhile. I agree with them, but I believe you must endure the pointless and ignorant, because ignoring them lets their disease spread.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, belief is relative, truth is absolute. In spite of the phrase, there is no such thing as a half-truth: it is either true or it isn't.
It can't be said any more succinctly or simply than that.

Agree very much.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?

Interesting...

That isn't what evolutionists and athiests have told me...you see your moving the goal post...shifting the "truth"...that has been told me over and over again to suit your argument thereby making my point...

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It can't be said any more succinctly or simply than that.
Agree very much.
Absolutely?

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is this?

I really will give credit to you all. I don't know how you can debate with someone like this. I would find bashing my head into a brick wall to be more enjoyable.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is this?
I really will give credit to you all. I don't know how you can debate with someone like this. I would find bashing my head into a brick wall to be more enjoyable.
They are all like that. Look at the posts of MazHere, Knightmare, Charles Idemi, Occapi paquia (whatever) and many more.

It is like arguing with the cast of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

There does seem to be a method to some of the madness, though it is well managed.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely?
Yes.

However, I would check into that relative stupidity thing and move to the state that provides you the most. Do you think a red state or a blue state? Maybe another country perhaps.

You ponder that a while and get back to us.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus isn't the son of God and savior? The Bible isn't the literal word of God? There was no Adam and Eve? There was no Noah and a Worldwide flood with a boat full of stinky, tired, filthy animals and the creatures they brought along with them.

Is truth only relative when it is the truth you don't subscribe to?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate kittens, Maz?
Also, sympathies with our cricket team DEMOLISHING YOURS IN THE THIRD TEST!!
Apart from Kitten on here I like kittens and hate girley games like cricket.

I do like evolutionists that evade science, like most here. That gives me joolies for the day.

A couple gave it a shot for a couple of posts, failed miserably, and now you want to talk about kittens.

For starters. Why don't you evos tell us how arch is not an intermediate anything. Arch is a variety of dinosaur and has theropod traits, like a thick and boomerang shaped wish bone that looks nothing like a bird wishbone, what so ever.

I think evolutionaruy researchers need to get new evogoggles.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So in your unbiased, expert opinion, those footprints are of modern birds made 212 mya. Do you have any further insight on this to further illuminate this issue? No? I thought not.
1. The origin and creation of these footprints are still under scrutiny and nothing conclusive has yet been found.
2. There is excitement about such finds, but no confusion.
3. Scientist are hardly shocked when new evidence comes along to adjust and fine tune the timelines associated with the evolutionary development of life on Earth.
4. Whether these findings fit the findings of noted avian biologist and paleontologist Dr. MazHere or not, they will not change the theory of evolution.
This is what you call a drowning man reaching for any straw that floats by to save himself. In this case the drowning man is MazHere and the anti-evolution creationists.
I suspect most people stop repsonding to you because doing so becomes pointless to them after awhile. I agree with them, but I believe you must endure the pointless and ignorant, because ignoring them lets their disease spread.
You may not that my siz points are accompanied by research to support my view.

You and evo researchers are as blind a rock and about as clever. There is no concern on my part about what the footprints look like.

It is your reseachers that have to scratch around like a gaggle of geese and poof them into something that saves your bird paradigm from falsification, again.

You have offered your opinion which amounts to hubris.

Your reserchers are more confused than ever they were and everything I have spoken to demonstrtes it from the deteriorating genome, to their crap about junk dna, to their changing of definitions to suit the data, to TOE's misrepresentation of genomic and fossil evidence.

Evolutionists remain gobsmacked as their flavours of the month turn to rot.

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus isn't the son of God and savior? The Bible isn't the literal word of God? There was no Adam and Eve? There was no Noah and a Worldwide flood with a boat full of stinky, tired, filthy animals and the creatures they brought along with them.
Is truth only relative when it is the truth you don't subscribe to?
Well, that last question is actually implied in my posts...

So Darwin never existed? Darwin's theories were only meant as fiction? There really is no missing link?

The universe didn't just pop into existence out of nothing because a piece of dust had nothing to do?

Level 1

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

See the difference between hubris and supporting an assertion.

1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome likely to be functional. This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...

2. Creationists predictions are vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect ‘a different’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...

3. Fossil evidence that is more in line with creationism then TOE. The Genesis account was the oldest account published that suggests the alignment of the fossil record from plant s to creatures of the sea, then land animals and lastly mankind. Evos were not the first to come up with this line up. Whales and birds are the only ones that evos have out of biblical alignment.

Surprise, surprise they have been having trouble with these two ever since. Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...

4. Beneficial mutations have an overwhelmingly negative effect due to epistasis. All the recent data supports this. Clearly this is evidence in support of creationism and an organisms inability to limitlessly adapt for billions of years. Evos have come up with many theoretical assumptions to explain this in evolutionary terms and why TOE is not falsified. Hence the data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE. The data supports creationism and the woffley excuses hypothesised supports TOE.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...

5. All data suggests the genome is deteriorating. Again this is creationist support demonstrating that adaptation is limited. Again evos have to toddle off and come up with some story and convoluted hypothesis as to why a deteriorating genome does not falsify TOE. The data supports creationism and the hubris supports TOE.
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...

6. Evolutionary supports are derived from arbitrary and pick a box morphological and genomic homology that changes like the wind and biased algorithmic magic that is no better than any algorithmic magic a creationists can provide. This is supported by an evolutionary history of falsifications, instability and change.
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...

None of the above links are to creationist sites, Some speak to published data. Many of the above links are to the actual peer reviewed work.

Conclusion: Creationist views are supported by research data. Evolutionary views are supported by the hubris needed to explain the data.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fergson Police Dept. 9 min Grace Nerissa 260
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min -Lea- 18,251
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 15 min eleanorigby 35,935
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 18 min Free Thinking 23,982
What's your tip for the day? 25 min look 763
when humanity learns that all are one family at... (Dec '12) 26 min Free Thinking 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min Father McKenzie 144,966
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••