Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#63028 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, faith is a dream. In order for that dream to come true, one must work for it, in order for it to become a fact.
Faith without works is death.
Thank you, at last we are half way there. Now all we need to do is get you to understand that faith and fact are two completely separate things, one is an idea (a dream) one is reality as described in the definition of those words

Level 6

#63029 Dec 4, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to work on your scientific discipline. Stop lying!
Oh he couldn’t stop lying, it would make him look stupid(er)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#63030 Dec 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
So has Maz even begun to understand how Archaeopteryx is almost a perfect transitional species yet? Earlier this morning she was complaining that it was not birdlike enough. Or is she still the clueless dolt she has always been?
Actually it is nice to see Maz here, and some of the women on our side. It used to be that arguing about evolution was just a passion of us nerdy geeky guys. Now I see that women can be just as idiotic and just as bright as men can be. Hooray for equality. Who likes a sausage fest anyway, except for very lonely women and certain men.
Sausage fest?

*Shudder*

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#63031 Dec 4, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I choose to believe and worship the Creator of the Bible, you can freely choose who you will serve.
Exactly. God bless you.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#63032 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. God bless you.
Exactly irrelevant to the debate! Remember something about Creationism vs. Evolution? Anything?

Yep! You're just the way your shaman masters like it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63033 Dec 4, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly irrelevant to the debate! Remember something about Creationism vs. Evolution? Anything?
Yep! You're just the way your shaman masters like it.
Zen Confraternity?

Level 2

Location hidden

#63034 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, at last we are half way there. Now all we need to do is get you to understand that faith and fact are two completely separate things, one is an idea (a dream) one is reality as described in the definition of those words
Goo - goo - goo!
There is no reality or fact without the application of faith or dreams.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63035 Dec 4, 2012
No fact or reality, without the application of faith.

Level 2

Location hidden

#63036 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he couldn’t stop lying, it would make him look stupid(er)
CLOWNS!!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#63037 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Zen Confraternity?
An argument for Evolution? Probably not!

Level 6

#63038 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Goo - goo - goo!
Charles Idemi wrote:
I did not ask what you rest on you chin when sucking willy.

What a load of bollox you prattle
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> CLOWNS!!
Whatever gets you hard
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#63039 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Goo - goo - goo!
Alright, end of mystic poop!

Reality and fact are concepts associated with perception and free will. Faith and dreams are concepts that deny reality or ones that are based on subconscious impulses. We know that reality denial is no argument for reality, so addressing the subconscious, mystic poop, there are no hidden superpowers locked in your titillation-starved brain. Got it?

“No. 1 Stunna”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#63040 Dec 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
I think you'll enjoy this:
http://evmedreview.com/...
I subscribe to this:
http://evmedreview.com/
It's free!
Your welcome and thank you ... I do. Very interesting.

In addition to the two gene discussion, that article demonstrates evolution on a micro scale. I don't understand how anyone could read that and not have the light bulb turn on in their head.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#63041 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
In your case, no reality, period.

How does it feel to have fallen off of the game board and been lost under the sofa?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#63042 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> CLOWNS!!
Not just clowns, KILLER Klowns from Outer Space!!!!

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#63043 Dec 4, 2012
http://www.geekosystem.com/scientists-are-lia...

Scientific papers being retracted after publication isn’t some kind of new phenomenon. The age of press releases might have made such snafus a more widely-known event, but it’s one of those things that happens from time to time. Common wisdom was that the majority of retractions were due to errors present in the work, but a new study has concluded that it’s actually misconduct like fraud or plagiarism that causes most retractions. In other words, scientists aren’t dumb; they’re just liars.

PhysOrg breaks down how the new study came to this conclusion:

The study reviewed 2,047 papers retracted from the biomedical literature through May 2012. To determine the reasons for the retractions, the researchers consulted several secondary sources, such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Research Integrity and Retractionwatch.com , which investigate scientific misconduct.

The researchers found that about 21 percent of the retractions were attributable to error, while 67 percent were due to misconduct, including fraud or suspected fraud (43 percent), duplicate publication (14 percent), and plagiarism (10 percent). Miscellaneous or unknown reasons accounted for the remaining 12 percent.
The studies that investigated this issue previously only took into account the official retractions by the scientific journals — which are written by the authors of the paper being retracted. It’s not like they’re going to come right out and say,“We totally copied this bit from someone else,” or anything like that.
Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#63044 Dec 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this is your first post in our discussion.
This statement is wrong. You cannot defend it, it is an idiotic statement.
And to add to your idiocy I did not say anything about the Bible said anything about evolution. If you had read your Bible you would have seen that it claims that abiogenesis happened. So you are both a poor scientist and a poor Christian.
Ok subduction zone & smithville, let me s p e l l i t o u t a l i t t l e slower for you so that you can understand.

Evolution by definition is going from simple to complex thru hereditary traits.
Evolution states that thru the course of time and natural selection a simple cell (precursor cell)'evolved' to have characteristics that provided and advantage of survival thru the generations and these characteristics are passed on to the next generation.

Do you understand the above?
Do you agree with it? If you dont then you have a serious problem with the theory of evolution because this is the textbook explanation and key foundation of how evolution has yielded everything.

Lets stop there and see if you understand evolution 101.
If you dont please provide references that state this is not evolution.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#63045 Dec 4, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Truth and Facts are two different words, not really meaning the same thing. Truth prevails over facts.
Oh dear, here we go again. Truth is based on facts or have you never seen the inside of a court of law? They are not different entities as you suggest. Think you might be mixing up the words truth and faith, which if you check a thesaurus, are not synonyms.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#63046 Dec 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, here we go again. Truth is based on facts or have you never seen the inside of a court of law? They are not different entities as you suggest. Think you might be mixing up the words truth and faith, which if you check a thesaurus, are not synonyms.
Facts can be "redefined"...and truth is "relative"...

And there really is no "truth" in evolution...evolution just is...right?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#63047 Dec 4, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok subduction zone & smithville, let me s p e l l i t o u t a l i t t l e slower for you so that you can understand.
Evolution by definition is going from simple to complex thru hereditary traits.
Evolution states that thru the course of time and natural selection a simple cell (precursor cell)'evolved' to have characteristics that provided and advantage of survival thru the generations and these characteristics are passed on to the next generation.
Do you understand the above?
Do you agree with it? If you dont then you have a serious problem with the theory of evolution because this is the textbook explanation and key foundation of how evolution has yielded everything.
Lets stop there and see if you understand evolution 101.
If you dont please provide references that state this is not evolution.
That is mostly right. Except that evolution does not have to go from simpler to more complex. There is no rule or law of evolution that states that. Life may get more complex, but there is no rule that says it cannot become "simple" again.

And be careful with those words, complex and simple, you can get misled if you rely on them to heavily.

And it was not just Smithville and me, there were at least four of us that pointed out that your question was foolish.

I love it when a creatard actually thinks he understands evolution. It is very rare when someone understands evolution and still oppose it. Those people are called psychopaths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 min dragoon70056 2,196
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Denny CranesPlace 17,415
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 10 min NotaGoth 5,072
True or False Game 11 min AmyFaith 316
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 23 min Denny CranesPlace 36,786
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 31 min Zwiebel 9,116
Word Association. (Nov '10) 32 min Zwiebel 16,678
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 53 min A Noted Ferrerman 22,198
Dog interrupts weather forecast 54 min Sally Brown 3
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 1 hr Sally Brown 19