Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#62899 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you asked a stupid question.
I pointed out that it was a stupid question.
You asked another stupid question.
You asked another stupid question.
You asked another stupid quetion.
Do you see a trend here.
Ask a reasonable question and I will be more than happy to answer it.
Meanwhile, here is a statement for you:
There is literally mountains of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence that supports creationism.
This statement I am more than willing to stand behind and show you how it is true.
A little too late for today,
Why are you fixated with creationism when you cant even explain or understand evolution?
I am more than willing to explore with you your last statement on the condition that you show some common decency and respect for others opinions and if you are wrong accept it. If not its just a waste of my time.
Ill see what your answer is tomorrow

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62900 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you fixated with creationism when you cant even explain or understand evolution?
I am more than willing to explore with you your last statement on the condition that you show some common decency and respect for others opinions and if you are wrong accept it. If not its just a waste of my time.
I can explain evolution.

I will show you common decency if you admit that you were wrong from the start and then escalated your error.

One more time, you made a foolish statement that you were not willing to defend. It was obviously wrong. When offered an analog to help you understand your error you dove deeper into idiocy to defend yourself.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62901 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect anything new tomorrow.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62902 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
What language did they speak on the boats on the way to Great Britain?
Who says that Old English was a "form of German"?
<quoted text>
"Germanic" and "German" are two different things. You have been told that before. Why do you keep forgetting?
<quoted text>
You can't change the goalposts, Charles. We were talking about the origin of *English*(not the origin of Middle English or of Modern English), and English includes *Old English*.
Where did *Old English* start, Charles?
A simple question for you, are the people of this generation speaking old English or modern English?
Answer that question with all sincerity.
Again, is old English similar to modern English?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62903 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
Subduction zone:
How can someone believe in evolution if you cannot say/explain how it all started?
If you cannot explain or prove the first step then what good is the rest?
In regards to the bible can you tell me where it says about evolution? id like to check it out
I believe this is your first post in our discussion.

This statement is wrong. You cannot defend it, it is an idiotic statement.

And to add to your idiocy I did not say anything about the Bible said anything about evolution. If you had read your Bible you would have seen that it claims that abiogenesis happened. So you are both a poor scientist and a poor Christian.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62904 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're changing the goalposts, Charles. We were talking about *English*, not "Modern English".
*English* includes *Old English*.
To answer the question of where *English* originated, you have to answer the question of where *Old English* originated.
That's the question you keep avoiding, Charles. That's why you keep moving the goalposts.
No. You are the one not getting the clue, are we speaking old English today or modern English?
If we are speaking old English universally, i will agree to your stand, but no.
Old English was started by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, who left mainland Europe for England in majority. So, the origin is to England and not any other places.
After all they are known as the English globally and alone.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62905 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect anything new tomorrow.
I can't help it if the man will not admit when he was wrong. And not only wrong, but fall on your face stupid wrong.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#62906 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Without cell replication there is no cell alive period!
Without DNA there is no cell replication!! period!!.
But given there are cells, and that there is DNA, and that it is a very dense source of information. Either by starting from there, or, like Darwin, just by inferring from other evidence that such a mechanism could account for the results he observed, one can certainly come to many other useful conclusions.

No harm in knowing more about how it all got started, whether it is possible that an even more rudimentary kind of evolution brought it about, or whether it was actually the hand of God that started it, either way there are lots of useful further predictions that one can make and then test for consistency.

Certainly, if one knew that God explicitly started the process, as opposed to it just being an inherent possibility of his initial creation, or if one could know for sure that there was no such force remotely like the God that we conceive of that did it, one might be able to refine one's predictions even more, but that might or might not add a lot to what the basic theory of evolution yields.

Certainly also, every facet of understanding exactly how DNA works might also yield further insights, but it's still possible that those refinements would not affect the broad picture. Never concluding, never discussing, never predicting until you know every detail down to the last quantum mechanical rule or the exact will and mood of God, might mean you never get to first base. It's like as if Newton had to wait for Einstein before he worked out the three laws of mechanics, and Einstein had to wait for Newton before he even considered relativity -- it would be a total impasse. So in that sense, your requirement for someone to know great detail about DNA to be able to talk about evolution, in that sense you are just obstructing and not helping.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62907 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Be fair man, Charles has only ever been polite, why are people ganging up on him and insulting him, it doesn't matter if you are Christian or not, there is no need for the aggression that some have displayed, constitution lover was deserving of insults, but Charles and bat foy have always been polite and should be treated fairly
Thanks.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#62908 Dec 3, 2012
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Birds are warm blooded.
Woops, that's right, I must have been half asleep!

Birds are warm blooded and dinos are cold blooded, a big difference!

I'll fix it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62909 Dec 3, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Charles isn't always polite. I direct you to the fact that he called me "Buffoon." I just turned it around a bit. I like Charles despite his often strange ideas and I have never been unkind to Bat Foy to my knowledge. He may be able to contradict that but I hope not. There are others for whom, I will make no appologies for my behavior.
Your biased statements and use of language, led me to use that word.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62910 Dec 3, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops, that's right, I must have been half asleep!
Birds are warm blooded and dinos are cold blooded, a big difference!
I'll fix it.
Nope, dinosaurs were warm blooded too.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62911 Dec 3, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are facts. They don't differ. If they did, nothing would be real.
Truth and Facts are two different words, not really meaning the same thing. Truth prevails over facts.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#62912 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
I see how you cant answer any question or bring forth any scientific citation despite multiple requests.
I see how you havent put forth any scientific citation
I see how you call me stupid when you cant understand that without DNA there is no evolution period!!
Have you not understood that?
Let me spell it out for you:
Without cell replication there is no cell alive period!
Without DNA there is no cell replication!! period!!.
DNA is the most complex and densely packed and elaborate information storage device known to man!!
So explain to me Subduction zone how you will not explain DNA if it is the foundation of cell replication.
Please just quote the scienctific citations so that individuals with less IQ such as me can just look at the data. Spare me your analogies as they obviously are to complex for me. Just provide me the data
Also comment on Richard dawkins statements aboutthe existance of aliens and the scientific evidence to support it. Being that evolutionists are all about science
You know the same can be said of a lot of biological phenomenon that have been heavily characterized and study over the years. The point is that you don't need to be able to pin point an abiogenesis event in order to study these biological systems. You don't need to characterize the abiogenesis event to make numerous discoveries about biological phenomenon. In fact, scientist have made literally thousands of observations and discoveries about biological phenomenon without reference to abiogenesis or when the first cell came about. That includes all we know about evolution.

Your mischaracterization that evolution hangs on the thread of our lack of knowledge about the formation of the first cells is an illogical argument. If it were true, then the whole of biology would hang on that same thread.

Ecology for instance, doesn't hang on a thread because of your "oh so critical knowledge of this cellular progenator" and many important discoveries have been made in that field and continue to be made.

Evolution too, does not need it to be characterized, studied and supported.

Do you somehow think that in order to drive a car, describe that car, and work on that car, you need to know when, where, by whom and how many people it was made. If you do, well, this forum is not where you need to seek help.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62913 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he hasn't.
Just like, " Truth", and, " Lies ". They must always be parrallel to each other.
I don't subscribe to liars.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#62914 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your biased statements and use of language, led me to use that word.
And your biased and confused statements have inspired me to use the words I choose.

But it isn't to say that I don't enjoy some good banter with you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62915 Dec 3, 2012
Of course we have had evidence for quite some time that dinosaurs were warm blooded. There are the feathers that have been found on many dinosaurs. Feathers were probably originally for heat regulation. That along with studies of dinosaur kinematics that indicated it needed warm blood to move as fast as they did. This article is only one of many, it is perhaps the most recent bit of evidence found that supports warm blooded dinosaurs:

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Dinosau...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62916 Dec 3, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You know the same can be said of a lot of biological phenomenon that have been heavily characterized and study over the years. The point is that you don't need to be able to pin point an abiogenesis event in order to study these biological systems. You don't need to characterize the abiogenesis event to make numerous discoveries about biological phenomenon. In fact, scientist have made literally thousands of observations and discoveries about biological phenomenon without reference to abiogenesis or when the first cell came about. That includes all we know about evolution.
Your mischaracterization that evolution hangs on the thread of our lack of knowledge about the formation of the first cells is an illogical argument. If it were true, then the whole of biology would hang on that same thread.
Ecology for instance, doesn't hang on a thread because of your "oh so critical knowledge of this cellular progenator" and many important discoveries have been made in that field and continue to be made.
Evolution too, does not need it to be characterized, studied and supported.
Do you somehow think that in order to drive a car, describe that car, and work on that car, you need to know when, where, by whom and how many people it was made. If you do, well, this forum is not where you need to seek help.
Oriappa does not do analogies.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#62917 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
So heres a summary for you:
I asked you to provide data: nothing
I asked you if you understood cell replication: nothing
I asked you if you understand evolution/natural selection: nothing
I asked you if you understand DNA: nothing
I asked you about R Dawkins: nothing
I guess now i can explain to others that the theory of evolution is explains DNA by a trip from Chicago to seattle. LOL!!!
Some sort of scientists evolutionists are that no one chimed in to help you out of your hole while you were getting educated.
Bye
I think the only thing Subduction Zone was being educated on is that there are a lot of stupid people out there that know a few technical terms and think that is the end all and be all of it.

Your questions are meaningless. Understand what about these things. Here are some good answers that are correct. I will answer them in order that they appear in your post above.

My post is data.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
He is a scientist in England.
I don't know what you mean by the theory of evolution explaining DNA, do you?

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#62918 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oriappa does not do analogies.
What is that anyway? Oriappa, is that Spanish for butthole?

Like many anti-science whackos they attack some meaningless point and if you can't answer they declare themselves the winner. I am not completely sure what he was on about. Seems very angry. I hope he doesn't own a gun, but his ISP is Texas so not much hope there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle traveling stories 5 min Monster Mega 552
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 161,401
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 41 min Camilla 8,019
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 42 min wichita-rick 768
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 18,291
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,805
News Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fr... 1 hr wichita-rick 2
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr wichita-rick 94
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Lord Satan 8,336
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 2 hr El Gato 104