Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
58,701 - 58,720 of 112,833 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Natural systems have within themselves timing and selective functioning for finished work. Repeating cycles carry out the patterned events. It is not unguided processes.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Though you don't have any.
A darn silly thing to post then, I'd say.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The word, " faith ", is not limited to religion alone, it cut accross all areas of life.
The word "lie" isn't restricted to any topic, living or dead.

Why do you lie, Charles?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're not being arrogant? Not only can you adapt but you can also outlive anyone in here. Wow.
I mention "adapt" and you think that's all there is to it in evolution. You are stretching this a bit too far. I think because you still don't get it.
I'm thinking that you're reinventing your avatar, and that's it. Probably why you chose something from Avatar.

Evolution is a passive process. You keep wording it as if it's an active process. It's not. Saying so, loudly won't change the facts. Evolution is a process that is acted upon living creatures. The only way to describe or demonstrate it is by observing the past, not predicting the future.

"Proof" is an illogical interpretation of the phenomena.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I like verse 7 the best
As long as you understand it to be "your" truth, not THE Truth!

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Orriapa paquia wrote:
Subduction Zone:
The basic premace of evolution cannot explain or reaches its end a the cellular level. It cannot explain how the first cell replicated ie how did DNA evolve into DNA as it is a superbly complex structure. If you cannot explain how DNA came about how can you explain evolution?
If you cannot explain how money came about how can you explain which is better, an 7% mortgage over thirty years of a low start of 3.5% for the first three years, and 9% thereafter for the rest of the 30 years.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Those who choose to believe in Evolution only see things as science reveals it to them. There is no real way of understanding the true beginning of our earth and universe and life if you do not believe in miracles. God has the power to do what the Bible said he did.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

maybe wrote:
'I have stumbled across some intellectual idiots. You scientific people need to explain. How do you get something from nothing, where did the universe come from or if has always been here which makes little sense then always would have to be eternal and believing in Eternity would be contrary to science.
You don't get something from nothing, silly!

Where did the universe come from? Somewhere else.

What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything? 42.

Done now!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Natural systems have within themselves timing and selective functioning for finished work. Repeating cycles carry out the patterned events. It is not unguided processes.
Here comes the water wookie!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Water was a great part in the creation in the beginning, and the earth was formed from water.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Water was a great part in the creation in the beginning, and the earth was formed from water.
Except there is evidence that the early earth consisted initially of a molten rock surface with NO water. Earth's water only appeared on the surface of the planet once it cooled down sufficiently.

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree, but I don't know everything. I will admit that certain people get called stupid, not because they don't believe, but because they report obviously false information intended to refute a subject they clearly know nothing about. Just because a person is called stupid doesn't mean they are, but that shouldn't protect those that are stupid. Having read your posts, I find I don't always agree, but I don't feel like you should be ridiculed for your belief. MazHere would be an example of someone that is stupid, or willfully ignorant. I am not sure how to classify Charles Idemi. He may be in his own category.
Maz makes good points now and again. I don't understand much on the technical side. Charles has a good heart but I have to read some of his post a couple times just kinda get it.

I respect an "I don't know yet" way more than some long preachy thing that comes out "I don't know."
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Those who choose to believe in Evolution only see things as science reveals it to them. There is no real way of understanding the true beginning of our earth and universe and life if you do not believe in miracles. God has the power to do what the Bible said he did.
It is possible for a Christian to believe in evolution, they are not mutually exclusive, to me I don't think that man was created by god because of the many flaws in our design, just our digestive system and intestines alone are incredibly badly designed and no god, or plumber, would ever design us in such a poor way, it is obviously by way of evolution, the human body is full of glaring flaws that would never have been purposefully designed in such a poor way

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

"Although cosmic mysteries remain, Sean Carroll, a theoretical cosmologist at the California Institute of Technology, says there's good reason to think science will ultimately arrive at a complete understanding of the universe that leaves no grounds for God whatsoever.

Carroll argues that God's sphere of influence has shrunk drastically in modern times, as physics and cosmology have expanded in their ability to explain the origin and evolution of the universe. "As we learn more about the universe, there's less and less need to look outside it for help,"

The explanatory power of religion shrinks even as we speak.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Sorry, forgot to include link to above clip.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/scie...
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

I will add thoe that our existence and the fact that anything exists is totally inexplainable and untill we have any kind of understanding of it, it would be false to say with even the slightest authority that there is definitely no creator, really both the concept of a created universe and a random springing into existence are both scientifically and philosophically unsatisfying, and there is of course the possibility that nothing exists, if truelly nothing exists then that really means nothing, including the concept of existence and non existence, this is a very real possibility, and has been pondered about by some of our greatest minds, also human consiousness and the fact that through the uncertainty principal consiousness is the very fabric of existence, and only through observation does a quantam state break down into a particular reality, is frankly amazing, and totally bizarre, and the importance this gives to consiousness can not be ignored

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite confused, the protocell website you quoted specifically says its an idea, a conjecture, there is no reference to any scientific experiment in that website. They reference another article from Irene Chen which is an essay (hypothesis, story, account, parable, etc) not a scientific experiment detailing anything testable. This is from six years ago in 2006. Do you have anything new that i can look at?
If you believe in evolution there is no other way around DNA. You may choose to ignore it but that does not make it go away.
You cannot choose to believe in evolution and ignore DNA.
Why so? DNA IS THE PRINCIPLE WAY BUT WHICH HEREDITARY TRAITS ARE PASSED ON FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION.
I am sorry to upset you but you have a blind belief in a theory that you cannot prove nor that you can explain or that you understand. You state scientific evidence but provide none.
I dont believe that Richard Dawkins is what he claims to be but as a proponent of evolution he is at least right when posed with the same question about DNA: his answer "i dont know how the first cell came about and nobody else does, we believe it may have been planted by aliens" (paraphrase)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ill be glad to discuss any scientific evidence with you. You still though need to look into DNA theory for yourself and see that evolutionists claims dont match up.
Perhaps you don't know what conjecture means. Or you did not understand that website. Much of the work HAS been done, not all of it has been done.

And no, knowledge of where DNA comes from is not needed for the theory of evolution.

Here is an analogy that should be simple enough even for you. Think of evolution as a trip through history. Now let's compare it to an actual trip. Say that you are making a trip across the country. It starts somewhere on the West Coast. Maybe Seattle, maybe L.A., we don't know. We know that it did go through Chicago and we know where the trip went to pretty much from there. Is it necessary to know where the trip went before Chicago to know where the trip went after Chicago?

Acquiring DNA is our Chicago. That is where the theory of evolution starts from, we don't need to know where the trip went before Chicago now, do we.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

A question often asked by scientists but which is physically impossible to answer is what level of consiousness is required for a quantum state to break down into one particular reality, does it need to be a human mind observing or would that of a slug suffice, this is something schrodenger wondered when he hypothesised his famous schrodengers cat thought experiment, I probably think to much about these conundrums than is healthy LOL

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you understand it to be "your" truth, not THE Truth!
It is the truth you don't have to like it nor do you have to comment on it.
If it walks like a duck sounds like a duck looks and smells like a duck it a very young dinosaur? NO IT'S A DUCK! If what I posted doesn't sound like the world we live in to you it's because it's talking about you.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking that you're reinventing your avatar, and that's it. Probably why you chose something from Avatar.
Evolution is a passive process. You keep wording it as if it's an active process. It's not. Saying so, loudly won't change the facts. Evolution is a process that is acted upon living creatures. The only way to describe or demonstrate it is by observing the past, not predicting the future.
"Proof" is an illogical interpretation of the phenomena.
I'm reinventing my avatar? what's that supposed to mean?

So we cannot predict the future by observing the past? That's actually hard to believe especially in science.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

126 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 141,303
I Like..... 22 min Petal Power 53
do not.................. (Nov '13) 25 min Petal Power 181
The N-word: 27 min Petal Power 6
What Just Happened??? 29 min Petal Power 11
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 34 min Petal Power 240
*The No Nookie Club* (Dec '13) 37 min Petal Power 17
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 39 min Stuart Varney 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TenderTink 34,946