Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#62826 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I want to learn more about how creationist misunderstand it.
Don't start just yet, I am going to the liquor store to get a couple of liters of Bourbon to help with the thinking process. I figure if you want to think like a creationist you need to drink like a creationist.
hahaha, have a drink for me!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62827 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What? lol
DNA is our CHI long time AGO. hahahaha!
And another analogy flies over your head at 20,000 feet.

Does anyone know how to explain to these dolts that a knowledge of how DNA formed has nothing to do with evolution?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62828 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reinventing my avatar? what's that supposed to mean?
So we cannot predict the future by observing the past? That's actually hard to believe especially in science.
As in you've played out your hand under one sign-on, now you're trying out a new sign-on but with the same old rhetoric. The arguments are too familiar, too much meaningless obstructionism. You've played and lost this debate many times before, but still aren't being honest about your real goal.

An avatar is a face you wear while you hide your own face. You've picked a kind of ironic one, the warrior she-kitty among the Christians of the future. I wonder if you have any idea just how many levels of irony you've stumbled into.

You know, movies like that really tick me off when they create false images of the Native Americans that just become fantasies for spoiled brats.
Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#62829 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you were too stupid to understand the straight forward truth so I tried to teach you with an analogy.
It seems even that was below your comfort level intelectually.
And please, don't try to change the argument after the fact.
You kept saying a stupid thing, that we had to understand where DNA came from to understand evolution. I kept correcting you and pointing out that was not the fact. You kept whining on so I showed you what work has been done on abiogenesis and you lied about the site.
Then you went back to your old busted DNA claim and I tried to make it as simple as possible for you to understand.
How simple do I have to make this for you?
Wow subduction zone!!, so you dont have any evidence or scientific data to present or quote or point to that you have to resort to name calling.
You think im stupid because i put forth a point you cant answer and you have danced around the issue without being able to honestly say you have no clue or answer.
So how then i am to discuss with you other points if you cant be honest and say you have no answer?
Isn't that how rational and intelligent discussion occurs?
Just say i dont know!!
So i guess you have no answer then. Why not be honest and state you dont have all the facts and understanding of the matter?
I g

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62830 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, creationism is total garbage. It cannot produce new knowledge, testable hypotheses or new technology.
Yah you just proved my point. The link I posted had references. Nothing about religion. I guess you can't provide scientific facts to disprove other scientists who have debunked evolution. I thought you were knowledgeable in biological sciences?
Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#62831 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And another analogy flies over your head at 20,000 feet.
Does anyone know how to explain to these dolts that a knowledge of how DNA formed has nothing to do with evolution?
So let me understand this, the supreme pope and priest of evolution, Richard Dawkins, states that life on earth came about from aliens that implanted DNA on earth.

So how is that different from a supreme being?

Suduction zone, Are you saying you have more understanding of evolution that Richard Dawkins, because he clearly says on the video clip i provided to you that he cant explain it

Level 5

above and beyond

#62832 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And another analogy flies over your head at 20,000 feet.
Now you're saying DNA has nothing to do with evolution? Really? You don't think that changes in DNA can lead to evolution? You are clueless!

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62833 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah you just proved my point. The link I posted had references. Nothing about religion. I guess you can't provide scientific facts to disprove other scientists who have debunked evolution. I thought you were knowledgeable in biological sciences?
hahaha, the link you provided is not science. It presents a misrepresentation of science.

Scientists have not debunked evolution. Where ever did you get that idea?

Own up and show me the research paper, please.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62834 Dec 3, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down I didn't say you called me stupid. My post was half joking a bit of a jab at you evos for never just saying "i don't know" that's all it's ok.
I'm calm. I say I don't know when I don't know. The thing is, I knew the answer to your question and answered it, and then you tossed that comment in. So either you didn't read my words, or you didn't believe that I was telling the truth, or you thought it would be funny to write a non-sequitur.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62835 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As in you've played out your hand under one sign-on, now you're trying out a new sign-on but with the same old rhetoric. The arguments are too familiar, too much meaningless obstructionism. You've played and lost this debate many times before, but still aren't being honest about your real goal.
An avatar is a face you wear while you hide your own face. You've picked a kind of ironic one, the warrior she-kitty among the Christians of the future. I wonder if you have any idea just how many levels of irony you've stumbled into.
You know, movies like that really tick me off when they create false images of the Native Americans that just become fantasies for spoiled brats.
WTF are you talking about? My avatar before was a sunflower. You must have confused me for someone else. You know you should just show us the god damn evidence instead of this nonsense. You anonymous coward.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62836 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, the link you provided is not science. It presents a misrepresentation of science.
Scientists have not debunked evolution. Where ever did you get that idea?
Own up and show me the research paper, please.
I guess you really don't have anything. Nothing.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#62837 Dec 3, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Those who choose to believe in Evolution only see things as science reveals it to them. There is no real way of understanding the true beginning of our earth and universe and life if you do not believe in miracles. God has the power to do what the Bible said he did.
You write:
"God has the power to do what the Bible said he did."

No...your god does not exist.

How do you believe this clap-trap on NO evidence whatsoever??

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62838 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow subduction zone!!, so you dont have any evidence or scientific data to present or quote or point to that you have to resort to name calling.
You think im stupid because i put forth a point you cant answer and you have danced around the issue without being able to honestly say you have no clue or answer.
So how then i am to discuss with you other points if you cant be honest and say you have no answer?
Isn't that how rational and intelligent discussion occurs?
Just say i dont know!!
So i guess you have no answer then. Why not be honest and state you dont have all the facts and understanding of the matter?
I g
Yes, you are that stupid. I tired my best. Stop listening to lying creationist sites.

You were the one that came up with the incredibly stupid claim. That knowledge of the origin of DNA was needed to understand evolution. You provided no evidence of any sort for your claim. Therefore logically all it took to dismiss it was a hand wave.

Put some evidence behind your claim and I might put some effort into debunking it. Otherwise, trust me, it is just nonsense to claim that we have to know where DNA came from to understand evolution.

And here is a hint. When someone politely answers you, don't keep pushing if you have no support for your claim. Otherwise, they might get mad and tell you how stupid that you are.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62839 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>

Suduction zone, Are you saying you have more understanding of evolution that Richard Dawkins, because he clearly says on the video clip i provided to you that he cant explain it
If the link I posted was total garbage, how come they couldn't tell exactly why it's wrong.

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#62840 Dec 3, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Water was a great part in the creation in the beginning, and the earth was formed from water.
No it wasn't. Water played no part in the original creation of our planet.(by natural forces I might add)

Fire did. Water came much later.

Where do you get this kind of junkscience tripe??

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#62841 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calm. I say I don't know when I don't know. The thing is, I knew the answer to your question and answered it, and then you tossed that comment in. So either you didn't read my words, or you didn't believe that I was telling the truth, or you thought it would be funny to write a non-sequitur.
READ M Y LIPS...a bunch of sqibble squabble words connected to a strand of thought patterns..
Anonymous

UK

#62842 Dec 3, 2012
No one to reply to any of my posts tonight, does no one else care about the physics of our universe and how it works?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62843 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about? My avatar before was a sunflower. You must have confused me for someone else. You know you should just show us the god damn evidence instead of this nonsense. You anonymous coward.
You've been in this debate before, whether or not you used the same name. That much is obvious! Not that the name matters much to me, but I suppose a reputation matters if you're a confrontational kind of person. Forum trolls tend to stalk each other.

Personally, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to be a "coward". I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to gain by giving out hints about my identity sooooo..... I don't!

I don't keep a Facebook or Twitter account either. You know, HR people are constantly inspecting those things to see if you're not representing the company the way they expect you to. I just don't consider that dog and pony show to be fun, so since I'm not a teenager who "may" be forgiven for posting pictures of drunkenness and idiot gangsta poses, I don't play that game.

... and at this point, I'm not even sure if you're familiar with the movie "Avatar" so I'm calling it a night! Toodles!
Anonymous

UK

#62844 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible for a Christian to believe in evolution, they are not mutually exclusive, to me I don't think that man was created by god because of the many flaws in our design, just our digestive system and intestines alone are incredibly badly designed and no god, or plumber, would ever design us in such a poor way, it is obviously by way of evolution, the human body is full of glaring flaws that would never have been purposefully designed in such a poor way
Debate anyone
Anonymous

UK

#62845 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
I will add thoe that our existence and the fact that anything exists is totally inexplainable and untill we have any kind of understanding of it, it would be false to say with even the slightest authority that there is definitely no creator, really both the concept of a created universe and a random springing into existence are both scientifically and philosophically unsatisfying, and there is of course the possibility that nothing exists, if truelly nothing exists then that really means nothing, including the concept of existence and non existence, this is a very real possibility, and has been pondered about by some of our greatest minds, also human consiousness and the fact that through the uncertainty principal consiousness is the very fabric of existence, and only through observation does a quantam state break down into a particular reality, is frankly amazing, and totally bizarre, and the importance this gives to consiousness can not be ignored
Debate anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 26 min Trouser Cough 30,298
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 28 min andet1987 7,521
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 31 min Trouser Cough 55,257
I Like..... (Mar '14) 31 min andet1987 476
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 33 min Trouser Cough 40,715
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 35 min Wolftracks 4,319
A six word game (Dec '08) 37 min Trouser Cough 18,035
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min Roy 152,427
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr poopie 116
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Dr Wu 77