Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171807 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62847 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And another analogy flies over your head at 20,000 feet.
Does anyone know how to explain to these dolts that a knowledge of how DNA formed has nothing to do with evolution?
Do you know what a CHI Sequence is? You don't get my sense of humor? lol

With a mountain of evidence for evolution that must be at least 3,000 ft high, you don't know what the hell I'm talking about?

Now my turn. MU-HAHAHA.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62848 Dec 3, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't. Water played no part in the original creation of our planet.(by natural forces I might add)
Fire did. Water came much later.
Where do you get this kind of junkscience tripe??
Doh!!

Don't ask questions that you don't want to hear the answers to! Free Servant would be happy to share the revelations that he and others discussed some time ago on Topix but no one in the real world seems to have any idea about. Just write it off as a bad year for Kickapoo Joy Juice.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62849 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're saying DNA has nothing to do with evolution? Really? You don't think that changes in DNA can lead to evolution? You are clueless!
Gosh, it is dumb and dumber tonight. Did I ever say that? No.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#62850 Dec 3, 2012
I can't believe this debate is going on in the 21st Century! The creation story is a Bronze Age myth!

Level 5

above and beyond

#62851 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been in this debate before, whether or not you used the same name. That much is obvious! Not that the name matters much to me, but I suppose a reputation matters if you're a confrontational kind of person. Forum trolls tend to stalk each other.
Personally, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to be a "coward". I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to gain by giving out hints about my identity sooooo..... I don't!
I don't keep a Facebook or Twitter account either. You know, HR people are constantly inspecting those things to see if you're not representing the company the way they expect you to. I just don't consider that dog and pony show to be fun, so since I'm not a teenager who "may" be forgiven for posting pictures of drunkenness and idiot gangsta poses, I don't play that game.
... and at this point, I'm not even sure if you're familiar with the movie "Avatar" so I'm calling it a night! Toodles!
So instead you debate here and stalk people. People stalk me all the time. I'm used to it. I have nothing to hide from the world. I could care less what people think of me or my name or my reputation. I'm not a church going hypocrite that people like to show so they can show their face. I'm just myself so you can F off.
Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#62852 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are that stupid. I tired my best. Stop listening to lying creationist sites.
You were the one that came up with the incredibly stupid claim. That knowledge of the origin of DNA was needed to understand evolution. You provided no evidence of any sort for your claim. Therefore logically all it took to dismiss it was a hand wave.
Put some evidence behind your claim and I might put some effort into debunking it. Otherwise, trust me, it is just nonsense to claim that we have to know where DNA came from to understand evolution.
And here is a hint. When someone politely answers you, don't keep pushing if you have no support for your claim. Otherwise, they might get mad and tell you how stupid that you are.
I see how you cant answer any question or bring forth any scientific citation despite multiple requests.
I see how you havent put forth any scientific citation
I see how you call me stupid when you cant understand that without DNA there is no evolution period!!
Have you not understood that?
Let me spell it out for you:
Without cell replication there is no cell alive period!
Without DNA there is no cell replication!! period!!.
DNA is the most complex and densely packed and elaborate information storage device known to man!!

So explain to me Subduction zone how you will not explain DNA if it is the foundation of cell replication.

Please just quote the scienctific citations so that individuals with less IQ such as me can just look at the data. Spare me your analogies as they obviously are to complex for me. Just provide me the data

Also comment on Richard dawkins statements aboutthe existance of aliens and the scientific evidence to support it. Being that evolutionists are all about science
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62853 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Debate anyone?
I'd rather get pink-bellied to the tune of In-A-Godda-Da-Vida than debate existence with a Creationist!
Anonymous

UK

#62854 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather get pink-bellied to the tune of In-A-Godda-Da-Vida than debate existence with a Creationist!
Why on earth do you think I'm a creationists, I'm an athiest to the core
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62855 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead you debate here and stalk people. People stalk me all the time. I'm used to it. I have nothing to hide from the world. I could care less what people think of me or my name or my reputation. I'm not a church going hypocrite that people like to show so they can show their face. I'm just myself so you can F off.
It would seem that "yourself" isn't a creationist or a science supporter. You just like be to verbally abusive, eh? Not much in that to compel a person to take you seriously then, is there?

You still take on all the Creationist tactics that don't really convey anything other than FUD to idiots. There's no victory in that approach even if your goal is to raise a non-existent rabble. I don't think the rabble like to discuss politics. They'd rather talk about beer and how large their manhood is.
Anonymous

UK

#62856 Dec 3, 2012
Am I the only person that is interested in the way the universe works, does no one else want to discuss time or infinities, the quantum uncertainty principal or conciousness or nothingness, some of you, but not all, seem to have ever read any physics or astronomy books at all, I love science and was hoping for some debate with like minded people, not creationists
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62857 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth do you think I'm a creationists, I'm an athiest to the core
Yeah, but you're inviting them to talk about their favorite topic! How did all this stuff come from nothing? They could go on for hours on that one!
Anonymous

UK

#62858 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible for a Christian to believe in evolution, they are not mutually exclusive, to me I don't think that man was created by god because of the many flaws in our design, just our digestive system and intestines alone are incredibly badly designed and no god, or plumber, would ever design us in such a poor way, it is obviously by way of evolution, the human body is full of glaring flaws that would never have been purposefully designed in such a poor way
Read above quote of mine, what do you think
Anonymous

UK

#62859 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
I will add thoe that our existence and the fact that anything exists is totally inexplainable and untill we have any kind of understanding of it, it would be false to say with even the slightest authority that there is definitely no creator, really both the concept of a created universe and a random springing into existence are both scientifically and philosophically unsatisfying, and there is of course the possibility that nothing exists, if truelly nothing exists then that really means nothing, including the concept of existence and non existence, this is a very real possibility, and has been pondered about by some of our greatest minds, also human consiousness and the fact that through the uncertainty principal consiousness is the very fabric of existence, and only through observation does a quantam state break down into a particular reality, is frankly amazing, and totally bizarre, and the importance this gives to consiousness can not be ignored
Read above quote of mine, what do you think

Level 5

above and beyond

#62860 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, it is dumb and dumber tonight. Did I ever say that? No.
I'm not surprised you don't remember what you said because you have no clue of what you're talking about.
Anonymous

UK

#62861 Dec 3, 2012
straa wrote:
A question often asked by scientists but which is physically impossible to answer is what level of consiousness is required for a quantum state to break down into one particular reality, does it need to be a human mind observing or would that of a slug suffice, this is something schrodenger wondered when he hypothesised his famous schrodengers cat thought experiment, I probably think to much about these conundrums than is healthy LOL
Read above quote of mine, what do you think on these matters
Orriapa paquia

Lubbock, TX

#62862 Dec 3, 2012
The human body has a poor digestive system compared to what?

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62863 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah you just proved my point. The link I posted had references. Nothing about religion. I guess you can't provide scientific facts to disprove other scientists who have debunked evolution. I thought you were knowledgeable in biological sciences?
Ahahahaha. "Debunked evolution." Do tell how these guys debunked it.

ID is ostensibly "religion free" and "scientific" but we all know it isn't. Stop pretending.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62864 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're saying DNA has nothing to do with evolution? Really? You don't think that changes in DNA can lead to evolution? You are clueless!
How it formed has nothing to do with evolution.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62865 Dec 3, 2012
Orriapa paquia wrote:
<quoted text>
I see how you cant answer any question or bring forth any scientific citation despite multiple requests.
I see how you havent put forth any scientific citation
I see how you call me stupid when you cant understand that without DNA there is no evolution period!!
Have you not understood that?
Let me spell it out for you:
Without cell replication there is no cell alive period!
Without DNA there is no cell replication!! period!!.
DNA is the most complex and densely packed and elaborate information storage device known to man!!
So explain to me Subduction zone how you will not explain DNA if it is the foundation of cell replication.
Please just quote the scienctific citations so that individuals with less IQ such as me can just look at the data. Spare me your analogies as they obviously are to complex for me. Just provide me the data
Also comment on Richard dawkins statements aboutthe existance of aliens and the scientific evidence to support it. Being that evolutionists are all about science
`

No scientific citation is needed to refute idiocy. You have yet to show why it is necessary to understand where DNA arose came from.

One More Time. We don't need to know where DNA came from to understand evolution. You don't need to know if you started in Seattle or L.A. if the trip you are looking at is from Chicago to New York. It really does not matter.

And again you lie by trying to change what I said. Yes without DNA we would not have evolution. So what? We still do not need to know where it came from to understand that we evolved.

You are attempting the most massive moving of goal posts in the history of evolution.
Anonymous

UK

#62866 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you're inviting them to talk about their favorite topic! How did all this stuff come from nothing? They could go on for hours on that one!
I don't invite anyone to talk of anything, I find most creationists to be a bit crazy and some are just nasty people, so it is rate and pleasant to find the odd one that isn't like the creotards were used to, but it has always been the evident that stayed civil, and we don't want to lose our calm and rationality, that's all I'm saying, but I wish I hadn't bothered now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conundrum........a confusing and difficult prob... 21 min KNIGHT DeVINE 47
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min TALLYHO 8541 42,102
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 45 min Secretive 516
True False Game (Jun '11) 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,905
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 46 min Grace Nerissa 9,305
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 49 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,494
Chat With Friends (Nov '11) 49 min Brady Bunch 155
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 167,155
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 16,032
Is T O P I X slipping? 3 hr greymouser 25
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 12,705
More from around the web