Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62588 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That was kind of my attitude at first too. But Charles is a snake-oil salesman. When he's losing a debate, he starts debating completely irrelevant issues. He's not interested in truth. He's posing for the camera and claiming that he wins discussions by "faith" when in reality, people just get bored silly with his wandering rants.
But hey, I'm not the forum policeman. You can see for yourself. I've been digging around to see if any of the Creationists have any more transcendent arguments than a literal translation of the Bible but so far, nothing.
You seem to get three types here. You get the reactionary conservatives who are actually stealthing in bigoted conservative politics. Generally, they're all stereotypical reactionaries who blame the minorities for living off of the gubermint. You'll see a few social-misfit optimists who don't hang around long because people don't like it when they get preachy. Finally, you have a group of scarey, messianic wannabees, which Charles is definitely part of.
Personally, if there were a group I'd be interested in hearing from it would be the Jesuits, but I don't think they even deny Evolution.
Hmmm. You must be a phobia of Charles. Do you hate the word, truth?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#62589 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It was faith that led the inventors to come up with their inventions.
Charles, you're lying every time you post. Why do you lie?

Level 2

Location hidden

#62590 Dec 3, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no surprise you are too much a wimp to fight with God.
Can a dead man fight?
Death! one of the characteristics of living things.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62591 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given you facts and you have insulted me and without any corroborating evidence you have denied those facts why? Because you can’t actually prove those facts wrong but feel the good christian need to hurt your opponent
I have shown you that the words “faith” and “fact” are different words with different meanings and you have done nothing but act with incredulity and moan and spout irrelevancies and lies and name call because you have nothing to prove me wrong
You complain about people offering you insults when you accuse people you do not know of heinous crimes, you complain about people offering you insults when you falsely accuse people you do not know of lying simply because their statement goes against you faith. Why are you such a pathetic two faced moron?
Honey when you have EVIDENCE that faith and fact are one and the same the feel free to come back and try again, until then you have nothing but your own belief and you own belief is not worth squat
Likewise.
You can not force your delusions on me. Faith is all embracing. Period.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62592 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it was thought, ingenuity, intelligence and perseverance, and the ability to understand a problem and postulate a solution to that problem. The faith came after the invention, the faith that you solution is what is actually required to address the problem, that is the nature of (at least) human thought.
To assume that inventions are faith based is to deny and decry the ingenuity of humanity
Those qualities mentioned by you, can not be successful in humans. Except through the application of faith. Faith is all embracing.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#62593 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my secret new stalking technique. Figure out what someone is going to say before they say it and use this old dilapidated software to post ahead of them.
Mu-ha-HA!
Wow!

Ok. Concentrate. I'm looking at the stock market tomorrow. What are the outcomes?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62594 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
All organisms adapt to their environment but I find it impossible for one type of organism to evolve into another. Remember Aristotle's causality dilemma? did the chicken or the egg come first? Scientists to this day don't even have an answer to that let alone provide evidence for evolution.
No. All organisms do not adapt to their environments. Where ever did you get that idea? Drop a turkey off at the North Pole or the Gobi desert and count how many seconds it survives.

Your personal incredulity and inability to "imagine" speciation is not a hindrance for the science of biology, I'm sorry to say. That tells us about you and not about science. You have limitations.

We know what came first with Chicken or egg. Would you care to guess?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62595 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, it could work. It doesn't matter how related we are to Pongo or New World Monkeys. I could say that we are also related to bananas.
Whether we were created or genetically engineered, we don't know. But my point here is, there is no evidence for TOE or creation.
You could say whatever you like. However, no one will give a damn if you say "humans are related to bananas." They will just ignore you.

We know that species evolve through time. You may not understand this, but so what? You are hardly the bastion of knowledge for biological science. You don't make any high level decisions about the state of research or the state of medical science. And, frankly, I'm glad. Sorry. But you don't seem to care that you know almost nothing about biological science while strangely feeling compelled to speak about it.

All evidence, every single speck of it, tells us evolution happened and is ongoing. There's not a shred of evidence to show otherwise.

Just because you are entirely unfamiliar with the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sorry, but the tree fell without your knowledge.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62596 Dec 3, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm... Best you rephrase that.
WE know.
You don't.
Oh really? What do you really know? I happen to know stuff you don't.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#62597 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Charles, you're lying every time you post. Why do you lie?
Het hates kittens?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62598 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm trying to say is that where in our DNA provide evidence that we were once a fish? LOL.
That's largely been erased. A bit still exists.
You really think that our genetic code can handle all that mutations in millions of years?
Yes. You don't? Why not? Do you have any research to back up your odd opinion here?
Are you going to bring up junk DNA? We don't know much about that yet. That makes a good sci-fi movie though.
Wow.

I have a question. You don't know anything about biology or genetics. Why do you believe you can talk about what we do or do not know?

I can answer your questions, but my answers require a minimum level of knowledge. I can start from the beginning if you like - explain what DNA is, the basic theory of evolution, what natural selection is, etc.

Would that help?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#62599 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? What do you really know? I happen to know stuff you don't.
Related to just about any natural science?

No, you don't.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62600 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Your faith is nothing but denial.
Likewise. Though you don't have any.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62601 Dec 3, 2012
MazHere wrote:
At least I can accept the data on the deteriorating genome as it stands, predict all dna and organs will be functional and be validated, and am clear what is or is not a bird.
What???

Where does this stupid argument come from? The genomes of species are NOT deteriorating.

I've already destroyed any point you've raised. You haven't raised a single valid point yet - but we can't expect you to. After all, you have very strange, deeply held religious beliefs which preclude you from understanding biological science.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62602 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. All organisms do not adapt to their environments. Where ever did you get that idea? Drop a turkey off at the North Pole or the Gobi desert and count how many seconds it survives.
Your personal incredulity and inability to "imagine" speciation is not a hindrance for the science of biology, I'm sorry to say. That tells us about you and not about science. You have limitations.
We know what came first with Chicken or egg. Would you care to guess?
You just made a contradiction. I thought it was about survival of the fittest? I know a cold turkey when I see one.

I wouldn't guess which came first. Because the answer is neither one.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62603 Dec 3, 2012
MazHere wrote:
A bird has a reversed hallux, the thigh bone is largely fixed in place, birds are cold blooded not warm which is a big difference, birds have hollow bones, birds do not have teeth.
Birds are not cold blooded.

You aren't a morphologist and don't understand the first thing of taxonomy or anatomy.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62604 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It was faith that led the inventors to come up with their inventions.
It was determination and drive, not faith.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62605 Dec 3, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Related to just about any natural science?
No, you don't.
I read all that stuff about evolution and all the fancy words. Didn't convince me. But I used to believe in mermaids when I was a little girl. lol.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62607 Dec 3, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Charles, you're lying every time you post. Why do you lie?
The word, " faith ", is not limited to religion alone, it cut accross all areas of life.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62610 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made a contradiction. I thought it was about survival of the fittest? I know a cold turkey when I see one.
I wouldn't guess which came first. Because the answer is neither one.
There's no contradiction. When an individual's adaptive mechanisms' tolerances are exceeded, they die. When a species is full of individuals whose adaptive mechanisms are failing, it goes extinct. If you put a turkey into an extremely cold or hot environment, it will die. You were incorrect that "organisms always adapt to their environment."

You don't seem to understand what "adapt" means, to be honest. You're confusing it with "evolution."

The free living organisms came before the egg, by several million years; meaning that the metaphorical chicken came first. By the time you actually get to chickens, the question is impossible to answer since there was no such thing as a "first" chicken or a "first" egg at that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min whatimeisit 6,240
Word Association (Mar '10) 12 min whatimeisit 16,111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min Wolftracks 149,015
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 24,574
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,832
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 2 hr Enzo49 143
If you could live in a book ~ 2 hr Emerald 4
True or False Game 5 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 6 hr SLY WEST 32
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Lea- 22,231