Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#62507 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Both creationists and evolutions make strange claims. Can't wait to see when pigs fly.
When evolutionary theorists make incorrect claims, it's because they're speaking outside of their field of expertise. Otherwise, you'd have to give me an example for me to understand what it is you're calling strange.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62508 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know right from wrong. Unless a person is mentally challenged or mentally ill, they choose the direction they want to go in life. Man can be his own worst enemy. How well his life turns out depends on intelligence, self-confidence, hard work, and a bit of luck. No one can make you do something bad unless you're weak and willing to. A mythical fallen angel wouldn't be necessary to control people and make them do bad things; humans are quite capable of that all by themselves.
You are in a way right. But we have seen cases of good people later turning turning to bad people, this is not ordinary, but spiritual, and that is Satan and his cohorts.
How can a man sleeps with his own daughter, do you think that is ordinary?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62509 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reptiles arose directly from the amphibians,... fish and amphibians - mammals or birds were to evolve from reptiles"
Where is the evidence? What are we some kind of hybrid? As far as I know hybrids come from cross breeding not from mutations.
Yes, proto-reptiles from ancient amphibians; early mammals from ancient reptiles. The evidence is in the fossil record and DNA.

No, you are not some kind of hybrid.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62510 Dec 3, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have a book called Megalomania and are proud of that?
Wit is hard for people who don't speak english.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62511 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is in the fossil records. Not all of it. Land based fossils are extremely rare. There is enough to have a very good idea of how it happened and we are finding more new fossils every year.
And no, we are not hybrids. It seems that you do not understand the theory of evolution very well either.
Ha! You ninja'd me!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62512 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is a book of historical truth.
Its word are still relevant to date...
Truth is relative. The bible has many lies as well, because the common man were not allowed to know the real truth, only the elites. The bible does serve a purpose though, that I'd give you. But the scriptures have too many hidden meanings.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#62513 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not alone in the universe
There are many planets that have yet to be discovered. We may not be alone, but no one really knows for certain.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62514 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When evolutionary theorists make incorrect claims, it's because they're speaking outside of their field of expertise. Otherwise, you'd have to give me an example for me to understand what it is you're calling strange.
Don't you see how strange it is that we have morphed from fishes to amphibians to reptiles to mammals even if it happened in a span of millions of years?

Level 5

above and beyond

#62515 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, proto-reptiles from ancient amphibians; early mammals from ancient reptiles. The evidence is in the fossil record and DNA.
No, you are not some kind of hybrid.
Please explain what evidence you have in DNA. Sharing the same DNA with other organisms doesn't provide hard evidence for evolution. What part of our genetic code says a mutation from one species to another is possible? No matter what organism you find on this planet, there will be similarities because we are creatures of this planet. Don't you think the food chain may very well explain why we are made of the same stuff. You are what you eat. hehe.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62516 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is relative. The bible has many lies as well, because the common man were not allowed to know the real truth, only the elites. The bible does serve a purpose though, that I'd give you. But the scriptures have too many hidden meanings.
God for you. He wants us to seek and search for him, before we can discover him.
The same with our mineral or material resources.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#62517 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are in a way right. But we have seen cases of good people later turning turning to bad people, this is not ordinary, but spiritual, and that is Satan and his cohorts.
How can a man sleeps with his own daughter, do you think that is ordinary?
Didn't Lot sleep with his daughters, even impregnating some of them? There can are bad influences in a person's life that can sway a person to do bad things, that and a lack of conscience. It depends how mentally stable and strong someone is and whether they care enough to have respect and compassion for those around them. Severely abused and traumatized children who are products of bad parenting and surroundings are an example of cause and effect. They are the segment of our society that eventually end up in the legal system. Not the work of Satan or devil, but man's inhumanity to his own kind. The Catholic church doesn't even acknowledge Satan as the cause of so called demonic possessions. It's all a matter of psychiatry - mental issues and what's in a person's mind. if the brain is not healthy or functioning normally, then there's no telling exactly how that person will act or react. Satan and demonic possession belong in the dark ages when people weren't knowledgeable about diseases, deformities and mental illness. Witchcraft and the Salem witch trials is an example of how people were accused of being witches and doing the devil's work. But it was man's greed, his own evil doings that resulted in the deaths of scores of innocent people, and all to take their land.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62518 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you see how strange it is that we have morphed from fishes to amphibians to reptiles to mammals even if it happened in a span of millions of years?
We didn't. No particular individual did. Gene pools change over time in response to environmental pressures.

No, I don't see it that strange. What would be strange would be the absence of evolution.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62519 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God for you. He wants us to seek and search for him, before we can discover him.
The same with our mineral or material resources.
Ya but the only thing I found is myself, silly me. There is not one true God. Remember, polytheism came first before monotheism. I don't know where I'm going with this but the point is, the bible is not the whole truth.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62520 Dec 3, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really because I can. You guys post opinions and theory and I laugh and post mine. Than you guys shoot a couple insults than post yours. I do this for fun. Sometimes you guys say something that makes a good point than 2 min on google and their is another theory showing why yours is no good. I do not care where we came from I believe the bible. I have absolute faith in it. Until God himself hops in the his godmobile rides down here and says hey man that whole bible thing was a joke to see how many people would take it serious. I'm going to stick with it.
Why does my belief bother you?
Why if God doesn't exist do you feel the need to debate it?
Do you spend as much time trying to prove that other "fairy tales" don't exist or does the Christian God hold a special place for your "debunking" debate sessions?
Do we have "In Thor We Trust" printed on our money?

Disregard the fact that that would be awesome, and understand the underlying point that I am making.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#62521 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain what evidence you have in DNA.
I don't really work in those fields. Use google scholar, look it up.
Sharing the same DNA with other organisms doesn't provide hard evidence for evolution.
It demonstrates shared lineages of decent. What else, other than evolution, produces phylogeny?
What part of our genetic code says a mutation from one species to another is possible?
Huh? Could you re-write that?
No matter what organism you find on this planet, there will be similarities because we are creatures of this planet. Don't you think the food chain may very well explain why we are made of the same stuff. You are what you eat. hehe.
Genes tend to be conserved throughout phylogeny. Lots of unrelated species have similar genes.

Mutation, however, is different. It is unpredictable and rare. The same kinds of mutations do not happen twice.

First, we worked out how species were related using development and morphology. Species that develop similarly (similar onset of organs and limbs, etc) and species that have similar morphology show evidence of relationship. Hence we know old world monkeys are different than new world monkeys, and that apes evolved from old world monkeys, for example.

Second, our relationships are almost 100% backed up by molecular data. When the molecular data disagree with the morphological placement of species, the molecular data are given precedent. So genetics rewrites how we understand species' relationships.

For example: all the great apes share certain kinds of mutations that are found in no other group. Some mutations that all great apes have they also share only with old world monkeys. So we are confident that great apes evolved from OWM. After the divergence of great apes from monkeys, monkeys went their own evolutionary path and picked up their own mutations - there are not found in the great apes, nor across the board in all OWM, but in their families.

I can explain further: Humans are more closely related to Pan than Gorilla. All three are equally related to Pongo. All four are equally related to all Old World Monkeys. Great apes and OWMs are all equally related to New World Monkeys. All apes and all monkeys are equally related to, say, all horses. This entire group - all mammals - are equally related to all birds.

Etc., etc. These divisions are well worked out and objectively accurate using DNA (mutations and genes).

So if you want to say life was Created, you have a lot of explaining to do. If you want to say that aliens did it, you have your work ahead of you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62522 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! You ninja'd me!
It is my secret new stalking technique. Figure out what someone is going to say before they say it and use this old dilapidated software to post ahead of them.

Mu-ha-HA!

Level 2

Location hidden

#62523 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Lot sleep with his daughters, even impregnating some of them? There can are bad influences in a person's life that can sway a person to do bad things, that and a lack of conscience. It depends how mentally stable and strong someone is and whether they care enough to have respect and compassion for those around them. Severely abused and traumatized children who are products of bad parenting and surroundings are an example of cause and effect. They are the segment of our society that eventually end up in the legal system. Not the work of Satan or devil, but man's inhumanity to his own kind. The Catholic church doesn't even acknowledge Satan as the cause of so called demonic possessions. It's all a matter of psychiatry - mental issues and what's in a person's mind. if the brain is not healthy or functioning normally, then there's no telling exactly how that person will act or react. Satan and demonic possession belong in the dark ages when people weren't knowledgeable about diseases, deformities and mental illness. Witchcraft and the Salem witch trials is an example of how people were accused of being witches and doing the devil's work. But it was man's greed, his own evil doings that resulted in the deaths of scores of innocent people, and all to take their land.
So, from your premise you are saying, Satan does not exist?
It is just human imagination, is that your stand?

Level 5

above and beyond

#62524 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't. No particular individual did. Gene pools change over time in response to environmental pressures.
No, I don't see it that strange. What would be strange would be the absence of evolution.
All organisms adapt to their environment but I find it impossible for one type of organism to evolve into another. Remember Aristotle's causality dilemma? did the chicken or the egg come first? Scientists to this day don't even have an answer to that let alone provide evidence for evolution.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62525 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya but the only thing I found is myself, silly me. There is not one true God. Remember, polytheism came first before monotheism. I don't know where I'm going with this but the point is, the bible is not the whole truth.
Lets leave that for time and age to decide.
Top of the day.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#62526 Dec 3, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my bully of a God can sink your physics. Why if God can create everything in 6 days while you say billions of years can the same God beat mr Einsteins THEORY? All powerful God trumps super smart guy. I believe it was you who told me it isn't science fact until it can be tested as it is impossible for man to test infinite power it is just a very educated guess by a very smart man. Who by the way also believed in God.
Nope don’t work like that, you need proof, evidence, fact and that proof, evidence and fact must be falsifiable otherwise it is not science. I do however notice that you use science and the modern technology that science has born to decry science, very hypocritical of you.

You ain’t got squat but faith in a genocidal, child murdering apologist for rape and belief in bronze age magic,(oh yes, that’s more faith isn’t it) and faith don’t count in the real world

First look up the meaning of power – where does power come from? Energy, where does matter come from – energy. True that infinity by its very nature is impossible to measure however it also an impossibility to have something infinite (energy) within a finite sphere of that same material (the universe). You don’t rely seem to have got to grips with this whole infinity thing do you?

LYING for your god is typical of the crustrard of little intelligence. Who told you that Einstein believed in god? The same guy that told you about the bull in the babble was true?

Einstien thought the idea of god as childish –“I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one (Albert Einstein)

This joy is the feeling from which true scientific research draws its spiritual sustenance, but which also seems to find expression in the song of birds. To tack this feeling to the idea of God seems mere childish absurdity.(Albert Einstein, 1934)

In a letter to Joseph Dispentiere Einstien wrote - It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it

In his letter to Eric Gutkind, on January 3, 1954 Einstein wrote –…“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this”…

Honey you can make up whatever crap you like but all you end up doing is making up crap and destroying you credibility at the same time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Father Time 26,005
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 9 min dragoon70056 3,029
Is it possible to....... 19 min Independent1 597
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min TALLYHO 8541 37,784
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min dragoon70056 152,852
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 45 min dragoon70056 12
True or False Game 47 min dragoon70056 1,306
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web