Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62532 Dec 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I love you.
I love apple pi

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#62533 Dec 3, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you. I'm sorry it happend however I can tell you true Christians don't do those things. True Christians aren't supposed to hurt people.
I don’t really care whether you believe me or not, but you fall into the tropical christian apology and then sloping shoulders routine, well done. You are talking absolute bollocks – First you don’t give a damn but I suppose it looks god for god points if you apologise for your fellow christians and second it is not up to you to pick and choose who will be Christian and who will not.

“True Christians aren't supposed to hurt people.”- Try telling such good christians as James Holmes, Anders Behring Beivik, Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic. What about the members of that good catholic organisation, the IRA or how about the NLFT, how about those good christians that intimidate and threaten outside abortion clinics. Tell me about the religious beliefs of the KKK or those dealers in misery, the eastern European human traffickers, the majority of all those caught and tried are christian. Hitler was christain, Stalin was raised christian and if he hadn’t taken over Russia he would have been a priest. Pol Pot spent 16 years of his life in a christian boarding school. The bible nurtures and promotes such behaviour.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62534 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, it could work. It doesn't matter how related we are to Pongo or New World Monkeys. I could say that we are also related to bananas.
Whether we were created or genetically engineered, we don't know. But my point here is, there is no evidence for TOE or creation.
You are half right. There is no evidence for creation.

There is so much evidence for evolution that no serous scientist doubts it. In biology so many different aspects of the science show massive evidence for evolution. I am more of a geologist so I can only show you how the fossil record supports evolution and not creation.

How much science education have you had? I may be able to recommend some books or even videos for you.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#62535 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, it could work. It doesn't matter how related we are to Pongo or New World Monkeys. I could say that we are also related to bananas.
Whether we were created or genetically engineered, we don't know. But my point here is, there is no evidence for TOE or creation.
I don't know about that. I've seen quite a few people walking around who look like the "missing link". Seriously, just look at an ape's or chimp's hands and feet. So similar to a human. Even some of the mannerisms/behaviors are similar.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62536 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

Huh? Could you re-write that?
What I'm trying to say is that where in our DNA provide evidence that we were once a fish? LOL.

You really think that our genetic code can handle all that mutations in millions of years? Are you going to bring up junk DNA? We don't know much about that yet. That makes a good sci-fi movie though.

Level 6

#62537 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. You don't have a point.
The work of science is a work of faith. And we know that faith is something one is hoping for, but not yet seen. When that thing are finally seen, it becomes reality.
Inventions, technologies, etc, are some good examples.
Wrong, just because you are too deliberately ignorant to see that the word faith and the word fact are two different words just means that you are too deliberately ignorant to look up the difference between fact and faith in a dictionary.

Scientific discoveries may begin as faith, however the scientific method turns faith into realty for one reason and one reason only, it must be falsifyable. I.e., joe blogs has faith that an idea will work. That idea does not become published as a scientific work until that idea has been reproduced, tested and verified several times by several different people.

Faith is NOT falsifiable

Level 5

above and beyond

#62538 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that. I've seen quite a few people walking around who look like the "missing link". Seriously, just look at an ape's or chimp's hands and feet. So similar to a human. Even some of the mannerisms/behaviors are similar.
I don't care how humans behave like apes. That's like me saying chihuahuas evolved from rats. Seriously though, how did apes develop a voice box that gave humans today capability for language?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62539 Dec 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I love you.
Likewise. That is what God want from us all.
Love your neighbours as your self.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62540 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are half right. There is no evidence for creation.
There is so much evidence for evolution that no serous scientist doubts it. In biology so many different aspects of the science show massive evidence for evolution. I am more of a geologist so I can only show you how the fossil record supports evolution and not creation.
How much science education have you had? I may be able to recommend some books or even videos for you.
Oh don't get me wrong. I've read books and watched documentaries on evolution. I just don't care for its vocabulary. But it does make one sound more intelligent. I give credit to that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62541 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there to prove or substantiate that such a being exists? Go ask a priest. They're trained to recognize psychiatric issues when it comes to demonic possession. Holy apparitions and visions are another matter, though. Seems that the Catholic church acknowledges and supports that kind of phenomenon. Too bad so many priests are child abusers and pedophiles. That vile behavior alone doesn't support their belief in a God.
As long as the forces of good and evil exist, God and Satan do exist. You can not rule that out. We follow the bible, not sect or arm.

Level 5

above and beyond

#62542 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As long as the forces of good and evil exist, God and Satan do exist. You can not rule that out. We follow the bible, not sect or arm.
There is no one true religion. Sorry, if you respect the bible, you must also respect the torah or the koran. If one belief abhors another belief, that is just evil don't you think?

Level 2

Location hidden

#62543 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, just because you are too deliberately ignorant to see that the word faith and the word fact are two different words just means that you are too deliberately ignorant to look up the difference between fact and faith in a dictionary.
Scientific discoveries may begin as faith, however the scientific method turns faith into realty for one reason and one reason only, it must be falsifyable. I.e., joe blogs has faith that an idea will work. That idea does not become published as a scientific work until that idea has been reproduced, tested and verified several times by several different people.
Faith is NOT falsifiable
No hoot about that. You just love the word, " argument ".
Faith without works is death.
It cuts accross every thing we do.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#62544 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how humans behave like apes. That's like me saying chihuahuas evolved from rats. Seriously though, how did apes develop a voice box that gave humans today capability for language?
I don't know the answer to that, anymore then I do about the Bible. Chihuahuas are much different then rats, in comparison to humans and apes. I didn't do much research on evolution; only that there were several species found that were said to be related to modern day humans. Only one evolved to become Homosapiens. There seems to be more evidence supporting evolution, then creation. But then I always wonder how the Earth, planets and universe came to be if not for a higher power. Doesn't necessarily mean that there has to be an intelligent force or God who created it all. I am like most; I simply don't know. We have yet to discover many of the unknowns and perhaps we never will, at least not in my lifetime.

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#62545 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a man sleeps with his own daughter, do you think that is ordinary?
It happens a Lot.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

#62546 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are basing the definition on a reversed hallux because you have nothing else. Any unbiased observer who saw you say that a flying animal that had wings, feathers, and laid eggs was not a bird because of the direction its toe pointed would rightfully laugh at you. In evolution there is not hard definition of a bird or a dinosaur and the transition is a seamless one. And please remember you are the one with the blue waffle here. No one else is preaching the sort of nonsense that you preach.
You mistake the arguments between evolutionists as being support for your pathetic bedtime story. Again, there is no scientific evidence for creation and that is all the creationists fault.
Oh very scientific...NOT!

Ruben suggests dinosaurs and birds have a common ancestor, meaning the common ancestor was not a dinosaur or a bird, but a glider of some sort.

If you are still stuggling and refuse to digest that some researchers disagree with the dino to bird theory then you are the one that is ignorant, not I. That is the point and you may struggle as much as you wish and get your jollies and that will still be factual. Rhuben took differences into account. That made all the difference!

Evolutionists look for similarities.

I look for differences.

There are many similarites amongst many organisms even those not closely related. These get evolutionary terms such as convergent evolution and morphological and genetic homoplasy.

When one needs to describe why a bear is not a dog, a dog is not a cat, a chimp is not a human, a whale is not a shark we do not discern them apart by the similarities. To do so would be illogical. We are more inclined to speak to the differences because these will more clearly differentiate one from another.

Evolutionists prefer to ignore the differences and look for the most ridiculously misguided similarities. Can anyone tell me why? A no brainer, really.

A bird has a reversed hallux, the thigh bone is largely fixed in place, birds are cold blooded not warm which is a big difference, birds have hollow bones, birds do not have teeth.

So although I only need only one trait, a reversed hallux, there are more differences.

Because I am not scratching around grabbing at any straw I can find to it appears that I have a heck of a lot less problems and convoluted scenarios than evos that are classifying by similarity.

You now have a bush that evos are so fed up with it I reckon that's why they want to be even vaguer and use cladistics.

Evolutionists are often silly enough to try and manipulate creationists into defining evolutionary terms. It is a sneaky way of giving their terms some validation.

Hence although evos speak in terms of derived and primative traits they are going to find more similarities to one species than another. That is inevitable. The inevitable does not demonstrate anything apart from desperation.

The point still remains that the modern bird footprints 212myo display the distinguishing feature of a bird, a reversed hallux. Evolutionists can squirm, and invent weird handed monsters or mythical theropods and still the simplest explanation is that they are just what they appear to be. Evolutionists simply will not take the data for what it is, as usual, and have to get out all their convolutions to explain it.

At least I can accept the data on the deteriorating genome as it stands, predict all dna and organs will be functional and be validated, and am clear what is or is not a bird.

So my 6 points still stand. No support or interpretation of DATA I present could possibly be worse, or more ridiculously complicated, than what evolutionists have on offer.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62547 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is NOT falsifiable
I can see that you love hooting. Faith without works is death. It cuts accross all areas of human life.

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#62548 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm trying to say is that where in our DNA provide evidence that we were once a fish? LOL.
Have you ever heard the phrase "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny". Have you ever looked at the sequence of development of a foetus?

Level 6

#62549 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No hoot about that. You just love the word, " argument ".
Faith without works is death.
It cuts accross every thing we do.
What a load of bollox

If you lie than I will argue, you don’t like that then don’t lie

Fact is not faith, fact will never be faith. Every language in the world that has words that directly translate to fact and faith defines them differently

French – fait - foi
German – Tatsache - Glauben
Spanish – hecho - fe
Danish – kendsgerning - tro

Etc, etc, etc

You may be quite happy to live you life on the promise of illusion and lies, that’s up to you, me, I prefer reality

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#62550 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
All organisms adapt to their environment but I find it impossible for one type of organism to evolve into another. Remember Aristotle's causality dilemma? did the chicken or the egg come first? Scientists to this day don't even have an answer to that let alone provide evidence for evolution.
You've been misled.

It's been LONG known that the egg came first -- long before 'chickens'(or any birds, for that matter).

And we have an incredible amount of evidence for evolution.

Level 6

#62551 Dec 3, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I can see that you love hooting. Faith without works is death. It cuts accross all areas of human life.
You really do talk rubbish, you don’t have a decent argument to anything and all you do is spout garbage and unsubstantiated denials in the face of fact and truth.

Just because you are too deliberately ignorant to accept proven, falsifiable fact does not mean that everyone is as stupid as you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Sublime1 211,496
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Crystal_Clear722 71,268
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min _Susan_ 20,938
Why Won't Men Admit They Wear Pantyhose? (Feb '10) 20 min Linda 337
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 21 min flbadcatowner 1,391
News Primark pulls 'shocking' and 'racist' Walking D... 21 min Tea Bag Residue C... 8
What Turns You Off? 23 min Princess Hey 393
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 30 min visitor 3,247
More from around the web