Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216947 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62492 Dec 2, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
An oxymoron is something that disproves itself. Just like the idea of evolution. Now evolutionists claim that evolution started with a monkey, increased it's intelligence to make a man. But if man had more intelligence than a monkey we wouldn't be still having this debate.... Q.E.D.
Oh my. You really have no clue.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62493 Dec 2, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many to mention. But then again, who doesn't want sci-fi? "Colonel, there is a native doing the funky chicken."
Come on. How about just one?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62494 Dec 2, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite pathetic actually. We somehow evolved only to use 10 percent of our brain.
No. That's another modern myth.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62495 Dec 2, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
God and Satan are two sides of the same coin
Are you sure about that?
Or the problem is just your short sightedness.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62496 Dec 2, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on. How about just one?
"Reptiles arose directly from the amphibians,... fish and amphibians - mammals or birds were to evolve from reptiles"

Where is the evidence? What are we some kind of hybrid? As far as I know hybrids come from cross breeding not from mutations.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62497 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you sure about that?
Or the problem is just your short sightedness.
I'm not short sighted. I don't take the bible literally.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62498 Dec 2, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No. That's another modern myth.
You don't think evolution is a modern myth?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62499 Dec 2, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reptiles arose directly from the amphibians,... fish and amphibians - mammals or birds were to evolve from reptiles"
Where is the evidence? What are we some kind of hybrid? As far as I know hybrids come from cross breeding not from mutations.
The evidence is in the fossil records. Not all of it. Land based fossils are extremely rare. There is enough to have a very good idea of how it happened and we are finding more new fossils every year.

And no, we are not hybrids. It seems that you do not understand the theory of evolution very well either.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62500 Dec 2, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think evolution is a modern myth?
No. There was enough evidence for Charles Darwin to develop the theory 150 years ago and every year we add more details. If his theory was wrong there would have been evidence that supported that he was in error. So far there is none. Evolution is a very well accepted scientific theory.

Do you know what a scientific theory is? It is not just a guess.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#62501 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> True. And that is Satan at work. Satan is actually controlling majority of people in the world, either directly or indirectly.
In each era actually, we have different ages, during the biblical times, it was the iron or bronze age era. A good example is King Solomon. His wealth was immeasurable.
Most people know right from wrong. Unless a person is mentally challenged or mentally ill, they choose the direction they want to go in life. Man can be his own worst enemy. How well his life turns out depends on intelligence, self-confidence, hard work, and a bit of luck. No one can make you do something bad unless you're weak and willing to. A mythical fallen angel wouldn't be necessary to control people and make them do bad things; humans are quite capable of that all by themselves.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62502 Dec 2, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is in the fossil records. Not all of it. Land based fossils are extremely rare. There is enough to have a very good idea of how it happened and we are finding more new fossils every year.
And no, we are not hybrids. It seems that you do not understand the theory of evolution very well either.
Oh really? Only have a good idea of how it happened? That is not evidence. I don't understand TOE because it doesn't make any sense.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62503 Dec 2, 2012
Parallel Universe and String theories are scientific theories, it doesn't make it real. Well at least not just yet. Darwin having no clue about DNA made a guess much like Stephen Hawking about blackholes. It's really hard to prove it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62504 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know right from wrong. Unless a person is mentally challenged or mentally ill, they choose the direction they want to go in life. Man can be his own worst enemy. How well his life turns out depends on intelligence, self-confidence, hard work, and a bit of luck. No one can make you do something bad unless you're weak and willing to. A mythical fallen angel wouldn't be necessary to control people and make them do bad things; humans are quite capable of that all by themselves.
We are not alone in the universe

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62505 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not short sighted. I don't take the bible literally.
The bible is a book of historical truth.
Its word are still relevant to date...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#62506 Dec 3, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Christian prospective he's right.
Do you not see how...delusional that is?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#62507 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Both creationists and evolutions make strange claims. Can't wait to see when pigs fly.
When evolutionary theorists make incorrect claims, it's because they're speaking outside of their field of expertise. Otherwise, you'd have to give me an example for me to understand what it is you're calling strange.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62508 Dec 3, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know right from wrong. Unless a person is mentally challenged or mentally ill, they choose the direction they want to go in life. Man can be his own worst enemy. How well his life turns out depends on intelligence, self-confidence, hard work, and a bit of luck. No one can make you do something bad unless you're weak and willing to. A mythical fallen angel wouldn't be necessary to control people and make them do bad things; humans are quite capable of that all by themselves.
You are in a way right. But we have seen cases of good people later turning turning to bad people, this is not ordinary, but spiritual, and that is Satan and his cohorts.
How can a man sleeps with his own daughter, do you think that is ordinary?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#62509 Dec 3, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reptiles arose directly from the amphibians,... fish and amphibians - mammals or birds were to evolve from reptiles"
Where is the evidence? What are we some kind of hybrid? As far as I know hybrids come from cross breeding not from mutations.
Yes, proto-reptiles from ancient amphibians; early mammals from ancient reptiles. The evidence is in the fossil record and DNA.

No, you are not some kind of hybrid.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62510 Dec 3, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have a book called Megalomania and are proud of that?
Wit is hard for people who don't speak english.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#62511 Dec 3, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is in the fossil records. Not all of it. Land based fossils are extremely rare. There is enough to have a very good idea of how it happened and we are finding more new fossils every year.
And no, we are not hybrids. It seems that you do not understand the theory of evolution very well either.
Ha! You ninja'd me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 1 min Bezeer 19,920
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 min Bezeer 11,169
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 3 min Bezeer 5,639
The letter E (Jun '13) 3 min Bezeer 1,284
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 4 min Bezeer 6,615
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Bezeer 9,258
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Appreciate 207,258
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 18 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,532
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min KNIGHT DeVINE 22,245
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 48 min Poppyann 10,656
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr Poppyann 34
More from around the web